Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa (5505 Views)

Eagle Farms And Cattle Ranch In Anambra: The Easiest Way To Stop Fulani Herdsmen / Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. / ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by aljharem3: 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2011
I did some studies on Anambra state and in fact I have spent sometime there. It seems to be a state that has everything going for it most especially the Onitsha open market, the closeness to aba market and the first indigenous car manufacturing company in Nigeria Innoson cars and also KIA cars.

What is stopping the previous and present administration from moving some manufacturing companies HQ to Anambra ?

Companies like Eleganza, Dangote, Ibeto etc Better still most of our refineries should be located there. I know it may sound like a radical idea but I see nothing wrong in a country like Nigeria having 3 capitals.

1. The administrative capital- Abuja
2. The commercial/business capital - Lagos
3. Manufacturing/ science and technology capital - Anambra

This way, revenues are WELL distributed round the country
There would be more population shift. I mean Lagos would be de-congested along side Abuja and other cities and states surrounding Lagos and Abuja.
More Jobs created and equally distributed around the country. Thus equal opportunities

I would like to know what people think of this, I know there may be some mistakes in my idea but feel free to correct it. thanks

PS. mention some other INDIGENOUS MANUFACTURING COMPANIES we have
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by aljharem3: 9:31pm On Nov 03, 2011
If the FG is serious about creating jobs, well this is one way of doing so as well.

You see, Nigeria is not using her mineral and human resources upto 30 % not to talk of her capacity.

Today I brought a CD/ Nigerian movie, I fully know that this CD was not made in china or imported from the way it looked. It was made in either Aba or Onitsha.

This was how China and other great countries started manufacturing, why can't Nigeria be the same ?

Why can't we encourage our people ?
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by ak47mann(m): 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2011
alj_harem:

If the FG is serious about creating jobs, well this is one way of doing so as well.

You see, Nigeria is not using her mineral and human resources upto 30 % not to talk of her capacity.

Today I brought a CD/ Nigerian movie, I fully know that this CD was not made in china or imported from the way it looked. It was made in either Aba or Onitsha.

This was how China and other great countries started manufacturing, why can't Nigeria be the same ?

Why can't we encourage our people ?
Good question, now the problem is can Nigeria see things that will be good for the country, without wearing their tribal lens?

1 Like

Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by aljharem3: 9:51pm On Nov 03, 2011
ak47mann:

Good question, now the problem is can Nigeria see things that will be good for the country, without wearing their tribal lens?

Brother to be truthful to you, I see your point here. You see I have come to realise that Nigeria is a funny joke of a country.

If you think it is tribalism, then I can tell you that is a lie. You see, I would not say it is tribalism, rather I would put it to lack of planning and lack of conscience.

Nigeria Imports CDs, radios televisions etc every year. We have people that build this sort of thing in Nigeria why not use them.

Take a look at apapa port, do you know that tincan is not use to its capacity ever since it was built ?

In fact let me tell you something that would blow your mind away.

Do you know that we export crude oil to Ghana at a low price only for them to refine it for us at the port (NOTE :- same port) and be sold to us at a higher price ?

ONE WORD

IT IS SAD.

Don't blame it on tribalism because Nigerian are very detribalised only that we pull each others legs once a while. I rather blame it on the way Nigeria is structured to not take advantage of herself.

We have become the poorly paid consumer while the rest of Africa and the world are the rich smart suppliers. sad
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by ak47mann(m): 10:06pm On Nov 03, 2011
Hope you are right! but the issue now is that the cabals in Nigeria are the ones killing that country and the hardship they brought to the masses have turn grown men to start looking for any means to survive, doing all sort of crimes,dramatic change is needed in Nigeria to save that country,
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by aljharem3: 10:41pm On Nov 03, 2011
ak47mann:

Hope you are right! but the issue now is that the cabals in Nigeria are the ones killing that country and the hardship they brought to the masses have turn grown men to start looking for any means to survive, doing all sort of crimes,dramatic change is needed in Nigeria to save that country,

Thank you, You do see my point. Do you think if Nigeria was one of the best country in the world, tribalism would exist ?

Look at China, cantonese and mandarin, the dominating culture/language is the cantonese, yet the mandarin are not bothered. WHY ??

because there country is moving forward,

That was what Ndu chuks was calling for at the other thread.
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by Funkymallam(m): 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2011
I fink, i will agree wit u on dis one. There s also one plastic coy @ d capital named Millenium and also Juhel pharmaceuticals.
Also dat dia nnewi town can b developed.
But when will our leaders learn? lipsrsealed
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by aljharem3: 11:00pm On Nov 03, 2011
Funkymallam:

I fink, i will agree wit u on dis one. There s also one plastic coy @ d capital named Millenium and also Juhel pharmaceuticals.
Also dat dia nnewi town can b developed.
But when will our leaders learn? lipsrsealed

bros they would NEVER LEARN

we complain of fake cloths etc, but what is fake

is fake = made in Nigeria ( in nigeria terms)

or

fake = substandard products ?

which one is the original ?

Ok let me give you an example.

If i buy the so called fake aba generator and it last me for 1 yr with no problem given that the generator was probably made in hash non-working conditions and I buy the imported one and last me for also 1 yr. so which is real and which is fake ?

Think if the government can sponsor those that built the "fake" do they not think the so called fake can improve and would even generate revenue for them to steal ?

Which thief just steals and does not invest for tomorrow.

Do you know of the so called illegal refineries they found ?

Why would there not be illegal refinery when the government have not built just ONE FOR US.

if we are refinering out crude oil ourselves, would there be any point of building an illegal refinery ?

These are the questions the government of Nigeria needs to ask herself
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by ektbear: 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2011
Let the free market (and the people of that state themselves) determine who becomes what
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by aljharem3: 11:07pm On Nov 03, 2011
ekt_bear:

Let the free market (and the people of that state themselves) determine who becomes what

ekt_bear that is not how Nigeria works

the free marketers aka low investors can only do so much.

The so called indigenous big manufactuning industries move there HQ based on

1. Politics and favour ( population politics, people they control and people controlling them)
2. Where the current admin state is
3. security which can be sorted out

For any impart to occur, then the Big shots have to move there "Manufactuning" HQ to the place.

There are little or no manufactuning HQ in Lagos or Abuja so it would not really affect them in terms of relevance and revenue.

Eleganza I think is in Ogun, dangote is in Kogi and benue, etc
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by ak47mann(m): 11:09pm On Nov 03, 2011
alj_harem:

bros they would NEVER LEARN

we complain of fake cloths etc, but what is fake

is fake = made in Nigeria ( in nigeria terms)

or

fake = substandard products ?

which one is the original ?

Ok let me give you an example.

If i buy the so called fake aba generator and it last me for 1 yr with no problem given that the generator was probably made in hash non-working conditions and I buy the imported one and last me for also 1 yr. so which is real and which is fake ?

Think if the government can sponsor those that built the "fake" do they not think the so called fake can improve and would even generate revenue for them to steal ?

Which thief just steals and does not invest for tomorrow.

Do you know of the so called illegal refineries they found ?

Why would there not be illegal refinery when the government have not built just ONE FOR US.

if we are refinering out crude oil ourselves, would there be any point of building an illegal refinery ?

These are the questions the government of Nigeria needs to ask herself
alj harem am impressed with you cool cool
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by aljharem3: 11:37pm On Nov 03, 2011
ak47mann:

alj harem am impressed with you cool cool

My brother, it is not about impressing although thanks for the compliment

I mean do you see the point I am trying to make here ?

I just want people to be aware of little things such as this I brought up
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by Sunofgod(m): 1:07am On Nov 04, 2011
alj_harem

- What are you up to now?

- Have you fallen and hit your head on a blunt object?

- Has your 'Papa' dis-owned you again?

- Have you found jesus?

- Who are you trying to deceive?
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by ezeagu(m): 1:12am On Nov 04, 2011
Nigeria should keep its nonsense money sucking capitals to itself. Give everyone (the biggest nations) regions so they can have their own capitals.
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by ektbear: 1:29am On Nov 04, 2011
ezeagu:

Nigeria should keep its nonsense money sucking capitals to itself. Give everyone (the biggest nations) regions so they can have their own capitals.

+1
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by Afam4eva(m): 9:18am On Nov 04, 2011
Every state should just be given the opportunity to grow at their own pace with little support from the FG.
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by brainpulse: 9:34am On Nov 04, 2011
@ alj_harem

I agree with your points. The question is that do we have any leader in nigeria that has a vision? Out of all our leaders even the founding fathers how many had the vision like Marthe Luther king instead the first thing they think of its their pockets.
It is very possible and even very healthy for our economy to boom if we look and develop that sector, just train and develop the people. Why do we concentrate mainly on oil, when japan, china develop and export technologies that they got from technology transfer and imitation.
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by DisGuy: 9:44am On Nov 04, 2011
alj_harem:

I did some studies on Anambra state and in fact I have spent sometime there. It seems to be a state that has everything going for it most especially the Onitsha open market, the closeness to aba market and the first indigenous car manufacturing company in Nigeria Innoson cars  and also KIA cars.

What is stopping the previous and present administration from moving some manufacturing companies HQ to Anambra ?

Companies like [b]Eleganza, Dangote, Ibeto etc [/b]Better still most of our refineries should be located there. I know it may sound like a radical idea but I see nothing wrong in a country like Nigeria having 3 capitals.

1. The administrative capital- Abuja
2. The commercial/business capital  - Lagos
3. Manufacturing/ science and technology capital - Anambra

This way, revenues are WELL distributed round the country
There would be more population shift. I mean Lagos would be de-congested along side Abuja and other cities and states surrounding Lagos and Abuja.
More Jobs created and equally distributed around the country. Thus equal opportunities 

I would like to know what people think of this, I know there may be some mistakes in my idea but feel free to correct it. thanks

PS. mention some other INDIGENOUS MANUFACTURING COMPANIES we have
[/quote

these companies are not yours!! ole they are private companies hence decide where they will like to be based based on business and other reasons!

The state government should be calling private investors to their state!
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by alex406(m): 9:46am On Nov 04, 2011
If they should do anything in Anambra as of now,they should start with the provision of good and durable road network starting from the entry point of the state which is Onitsha. If you have been to Onitsha recently you will agree with me that they  roads are way too bad.
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by brainpulse: 9:47am On Nov 04, 2011
afam4eva:

Every state should just be given the opportunity to grow at their own pace with little support from the FG.
No its greater than the state, its for the federal government to develop the culture and indoctrinate in the mind of the citizens the will to expand and create industries, develop our own technology even if it starts from being fake, we will surely grow if we maintain and people believe in it. Then the states starts buying into the idea and they too opening more front to assist the projects. Its a project that its greater than the states surely at the implementing stages.
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by Johnpaul2k2(m): 9:50am On Nov 04, 2011
your fvcking sh**t chameleon grin grin grin grin
hope you are for real this time
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by brainpulse: 9:56am On Nov 04, 2011
Do you know that was how DUBAI started and now look at what it has grown to become.

Once this industries comes, you give them low tax charges and rates on their importations, you create rooms for employment and infastructural developments, you open new man made ports even in the mainland like philipine.
And because of the low tax charges, you mandate them to build roads, schools and social infastructures in the host communities. By  this you spread development to the people.
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by brainpulse: 10:11am On Nov 04, 2011
Let also look into Government's Policies which most times are not favourable for investors and industrialist, insincerity in Government also plays down opportunities for industrial revolution and technological developments.
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by rareman(m): 10:29am On Nov 04, 2011
but why must we continue to do things upside down, you do not need a rocket scientists to analyse the problem of Nigerian, I believe giving state free hand to improve their states themselves is the way to go, look the highest development we ever achieved in this country was achieved when states were allowed to run their states. Let the federal government tax the states for whatever but let them be allowed to develop @ their own pace
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by manchy7531: 10:43am On Nov 04, 2011
@alj_harem

how come you have suddenly became a detribalised Nigerian or better still a PRO-IGBO
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by PointB: 11:10am On Nov 04, 2011
alj_harem:

Brother to be truthful to you, I see your point here. You see I have come to realise that Nigeria is a funny joke of a country.

If you think it is tribalism, then I can tell you that is a lie. You see, I would not say it is tribalism, rather I would put it to lack of planning and lack of conscience.

Nigeria Imports CDs, radios televisions etc every year. We have people that build this sort of thing in Nigeria why not use them.

Take a look at apapa port, do you know that tincan is not use to its capacity ever since it was built ?

In fact let me tell you something that would blow your mind away.

Do you know that we export crude oil to Ghana at a low price only for them to refine it for us at the port (NOTE :- same port) and be sold to us at a higher price ?

ONE WORD

IT IS SAD.

Don't blame it on tribalism because Nigerian are very detribalised only that we pull each others legs once a while. I rather blame it on the way Nigeria is structured to not take advantage of herself.

We have become the poorly paid consumer while the rest of Africa and the world are the rich smart suppliers. sad

Ignorance is bliss, we agree!

But please stick to what you know. There is no point mixing theories with fiction, just to sound knowledgeable. Ghana does not have enough capacity to refine crude oil for themselves let alone Nigeria. As as Sept 2011 (2 months ago), they could barely get enough crude oil to refine for themselves let alone export to Nigeria. This is not unconnected to the fact that Tema Oil Refinery is bad and poor managed and riddled with rising debt profile since 2008.

Ghana Tema refinery shuts unit, runs out of crude
Mon Sep 5, 2011 5:45pm GMT

By Kwasi Kpodo

ACCRA (Reuters) - Ghana's 45,000 barrel-per-day state-run Tema oil refinery shut its main crude distillation unit on August 28 after running out of feedstock, two sources with knowledge of the plant's operations told Reuters on Monday.

Ghana is Africa's newest crude oil exporter after starting up its offshore Jubilee field, but the country's sole refinery in Tema requires upgrades to be able to run the domestically produced oil and generally relies on imports from Nigeria.

"We don't have crude to process so the main plant is not working at the moment," one of the sources said, adding the refinery was waiting for a cargo from Nigeria. He did not say when the cargo was expected.

"We have not had a smooth production in the past months - today there is crude, tomorrow there is no crude - it's been an off-and-on situation since the beginning of the year and its getting worse," the source added.

The Tema refinery has been hobbled by repeated shortages in available crude since 2008, when its main lender Ghana Commercial Bank cut off support due to unpaid debts. Ghana's government repaid the debt earlier this year.

The repeated outages at the Tema plant have led to shortages of domestic supplies of fuel, particularly of cooking fuel, and could weigh on the government of President John Atta Mills ahead of next year's elections.

http://af.reuters.com/article/investingNews/idAFJOE7840KJ20110905

At topic, this issue has been raised several times.  These days no one is even asking government to establish industries in Anambra and co, what Nigeria is needed is clear,  a functional deep sea port in calabar, an international airport in the SE Zone, Onitsha River Port, railway system, and of  course a stable power supply.

The rest will fall in place. Relying on government to site industries in the SE is nothing but a big distraction!
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by PointB: 11:42am On Nov 04, 2011
manchy7531:

@alj_harem

how come you have suddenly became a detribalised Nigerian or better still a PRO-IGBO

Do you believe the chameleon?
Re: Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 04, 2011
afam4eva:

I concur. This is where the issue of true federalism comes in. Where each state manages her resources and develops herself and percentage sent to the F.G, I also believe in a better 9ja, that will be the envy of the world, but this can't be except our government and we the citizens work together. The way i see it, it's a two way thing. Government has it's role to play, and the citizens too. The real question is 'are we ready to put put away our individual and collective difference and work towards the transformation of our great nation'?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghana's New Refinery Gets Nigeria Take-off Deal …to Come On Stream In 2015 / Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved / US Leaders Recognizes Nnamdi Kanu; Shows Biafra Is Near – IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.