Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys (8750 Views)

20 Yahoo-Yahoo Boys Arrested In Benin City / Who Is A Yahoo-Yahoo Boy? / She Dumped Me Because I'm A Yahoo Yahoo Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by Bolaji21(m): 9:41pm On Nov 03, 2011
Yahoo-Yahoo is rampard today, robbing people of their hard-earned money. I want to expose their secrets based on my experience. The first thing to notice is the email address. When u receive a message lyk "YOU'VE WON $50,000". U just go and check the email. For example, the email address can be infolotto@yahoo.com . This shld hint u datz it's scam.
When an organisation wants to send u a msg they use the email with their domain e.g. Info@cash4real.com not cash4real@yahoo.com or @live.com.
The point i'm trying to make is that if u receive any mail that is suspicious, once its @yahoo or live or gmail.com, then itz fake, it must end with @organisatn's domain name.com
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 03, 2011
although there are MANY scammers out there, it is wrong to say that any message from a Yahoo/Hotmail/Gmail address is AUTOMATICALLY a scam.

there is only ONE WAY to protect yourself from Yahoo Yahoo and that is to USE YOUR DAMN BRAIN!!!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:27pm On Nov 10, 2011
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

MRbrownJAY:

although there are MANY scammers out there, it is wrong to say that any message from a Yahoo/Hotmail/Gmail address is AUTOMATICALLY a scam.

there is only ONE WAY to protect yourself from Yahoo Yahoo and that is to USE YOUR DAMN BRAIN!!!!!
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by dawg7o: 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2011
I normally do not to reply posts but on this occasion, I feel the need to do so.
Firstly, I'd say what kills most (not ALL) people that have been scammed in time past is pure greed.
Borrowing Majek Fashek's word,' You don't expect to sow cassava, and reap up cocoa yam, (his actual words). You haven't played lottery and you expect to win, you don't know Kabila, Abacha, Samuel Doe, even Gadaffi and you think its your account they'd use to launder funds.Come on.

The gentleman or lady that said something about free website is correct too, You should be weary of any company that cannot afford a domain of its own. That said, there are several things that can go wrong so be careful.

Bottomline, before you act on any email that reads so good to be true, think about it, read it again and if possible, ask for a second opinion.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by Gboliwe: 5:55pm On Nov 23, 2011
I got a mail once from 'shell' telling me I had a job offer. . .bla bla bla, I re-read the mail and got so many grammatical errors, that alone set me on 'fire', when I tried to see their email, it was an @yahoo, I deleted the msg instantly
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by moderatorr: 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2011
i get loads of $500bn emails daily, i just know there'l be a time i'll be earning that amount , make i finish developing this app first.
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by justwise(m): 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2011
I don't feel sorry for any ''victim'' of  419/yahoo yahoo, they should get the same jail sentence as 419ners.
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by Rastamann: 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2011
If you know play any lottery and some sent you an email that you've won certain amount and the next thing you do is to try and claim it then it means that you are also a scammer.

How will someone send you a mail that you've won a visa lottery when you know that you did not play any visa lottery and you still go ahead wanting to claim it. It means that you are also dubious!

It implies that both the scammer, the scammee and the scam are all thieves.
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by sulad82i(m): 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2011
Its simple heeee, how can you win a lottery without playing one?

That should be the fist sign of scam I think. And if the offer is too good to be true, then its probably too good for any truth so watch out
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2011
justwise:

I don't feel sorry for any ''victim'' of  419/yahoo yahoo, they should get the same jail sentence as 419ners.

yes oh
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by kenx1(m): 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2011
My dear most of dis yahoo boyz have gone beyond free email address like yahoo,gmail and live.com, they now operate with domain names. I almost fell victim to a scam with a legit domain name only for me to trace his IP wic I found wz from Nigeria instead of china he claimed to b from.

Shine ur eyez!!!!!
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by Bokoharam: 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2011
The grammatical errors are so annoying. At times, u also see reply via another email. I wonder why & how people fall for such. Their victims must be as dumb as they are.
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by obicmag(m): 8:05pm On Nov 23, 2011
This is a sample of scam mail i saw in my mail box this afternoon. Be wise dont fall to cheap trap.

Dear Friend

From Safia Farkash al-Baraasi I am the second wife of the late Libyan leader.

I got your address from my reliable search and so I decided to contact you on this vital issue. As you may be aware that my husband was killed, I and my three family members are now in Africa.

Please, presently I and my entire family have some RESORT to the tune of U$30 (Thirty million United States Dollars) and ready to be released to you with the hope that you will invest this fund into any good business in your country, pending when the political turmoil is over. Please if you are interested in helping me to receive this money that is presently in an escrow lodge with a security company in South Africa/ Ghana and Indonesian.

After a successful process and transfer of this said money into your bank account, 30% of the total funds will go to you and my P.A kofi Ali will come to your country immediately to start up a business with your assistance so we will be able to save for raining days.

I shall give you the contact information of the security when you indicate your interest. They will assist you on any legal issues to change the necessary Documents / Documentation to your NAME and Power of Attorney to secure this fund.

I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law as it is a 100% risk free venture.

Kindly indicate your interest in assisting my family by replying back.

Thanks for your service in advance.

Sincerely yours
Safia Farkash al-Baraasi Gaddafi.
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by Gboliwe: 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2011
Anybody who falls for this should have his sanity examined. He is a complete fo0l
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by Gboliwe: 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2011
Anybody who falls for this should have his sanity examined. He is a complete fo0l
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 23, 2011
I received a mail lik dat, which worth £700,000.00, so i accept to play along. D guy now refer me 2clearing agent, i respondd, d hurdle waz paymt of agent fee, admin n courier fee which i askd d agent 2deduct does charges n send d remaining 2me. D guy nw find his way, didt mail me again.
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by double08(m): 8:56pm On Nov 23, 2011
funny thing is I can buy a domain name and create those emails u listed. How will you notice? free the yahoo yahoo boiz,reminds me of 2pacs song,it goes like this

make money in a sleazy way
selling crack to a kid
buh i gat to get paid
hey!that the way it is
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by begwong: 9:00pm On Nov 23, 2011
obicmag:

This is a sample of scam mail i saw in my mail box this afternoon. Be wise dont fall to cheap trap.

Dear Friend

I got your address from my reliable search and so I decided to contact you on this vital issue. As you may be aware that my husband was killed, I and my three family members are now in Africa.

Please, presently I and my entire family have some RESORT to the tune of U$30 (Thirty million United States Dollars) and ready to be released to you with the hope that you will invest this fund into any good business in your country, pending when the political turmoil is over. Please if you are interested in helping me to receive this money that is presently in an escrow lodge with a security company in South Africa/ Ghana and Indonesian.

After a successful process and transfer of this said money into your bank account, 30% of the total funds will go to you and my P.A kofi Ali will come to your country immediately to start up a business with your assistance so we will be able to save for raining days.

I shall give you the contact information of the security when you indicate your interest. They will assist you on any legal issues to change the necessary Documents / Documentation to your NAME and Power of Attorney to secure this fund.

I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law as it is a 100% risk free venture.

Sincerely yours
see the scammish english: ''save for raining days''  ''money in escrow account in s/africa/ghana and indonesian'' WTF!!
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by trimwis: 9:05pm On Nov 23, 2011
Greedy people are the ones that gave birth to yahoo yahoo, they want to reap where they dont sow. But the Number one yahoo yahoo group are pastors using miracle to collect money from people.

1 Like

Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2011
i have received an email from fraudulent intercontinental bank email with the banks domain name. The only reason i did not fall mugu was because i never had an intercontinental account and they were asking for security questions which bank will never ask anyway. I forwarded the mail to he banks genuine address for reporting phishing. it's now so bad that I receive at least two scam mails per day. Most of the mails originate from Nigeria and Malaysia which is their new base now.
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 23, 2011
Ghana Parole in action

obicmag:

Dear Friend

Sincerely yours
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by smk90210: 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2011
MOST of the people that are being scammed are people that are greedy; want to make fast money or peverts; one pot bellied man would be using a girl's photo to deceive u.
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by kelz88(f): 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2011
I know spam/scam when I see one. . .thank you.
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by omotonia: 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2011
story,dont waste ur time
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by r231(m): 10:23pm On Nov 23, 2011
justwise:

true grin grin
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by Ebucca(m): 11:12pm On Nov 23, 2011
Most of our leaders are scammers (blood is thicker than water). so my fellow Nairalanders, lets just mind our fucking business. if you are not in, just keep staying out. lipsrsealed
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 23, 2011
In my opinion, only fools and greedy people fall victim to the so called 'yahoo yahoo'. And if I were in either category, and I get scammed as a result, I would quietly lick my wounds and bemoan my idiocy. Certainly better than being robbed at gun point and possibly maimed or killed in the process.
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by Imaeyez(m): 2:11am On Nov 24, 2011
OK, the greed Idea is pretty much established,so no more comments on that please. Plus we seem to have a lot of saints here, so I'm guessing the sinners must be from another planet, Just saying.
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by Jiah011(f): 3:52am On Nov 24, 2011
There is no such thing a free money. Period!
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by iice(f): 4:44am On Nov 24, 2011
dawg7o:

Firstly, I'd say what kills most (not ALL) people that have been scammed in time past is[b] pure greed.[/b]
Borrowing Majek Fashek's word,' You don't expect to sow cassava, and reap up cocoa yam, (his actual words).

Abi o
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by mabeni(m): 5:20am On Nov 24, 2011
This what i also received from them:
Greetings,
How are you?
My name is Eucheria.
pls if you don,t mind i will like you
to contact me back with my email
(feucheriiaa@live.com) so that i
will give you my picture for you to
know me more,
yours faithfully.
Eucheria,
Be wise!
Re: How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys by nnacent(m): 5:59am On Nov 24, 2011
Every one here seem 2 be claiming to be smart, Yet they are being yahooed everyday. Mayb we don't know dat our pastors are also scammers promising us so much for a certain amt as seed. Even our political leaders, they are all scammers. Someone has given a solution earlier "get a scam-proof" brain. And not some "psychophantic brain". That is hw so many nairalanders were scammed recently in one "women and children advocacy center". I noticed d scam 4rm day one but as I write. Many are still foolishly moving along. Check dat name on fb and see wat I'm talkin abt. Mtcheeew.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State / Court Jails Smugglers Of 1144 ATM Cards / 2 Men Accuse Just Solomon Of Raping Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.