Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? (22167 Views)

Poll: which amongst these five is worst performing?

uduaghan - delta: 27% (30 votes)
t a orji - abia: 37% (40 votes)
gabriel suswam - benue: 7% (8 votes)
timipre sylva - bayelsa: 16% (18 votes)
murtala nyako - adamawa: 11% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

List Of Nigeria's Best Performing Governors Since May 29 Inauguration - CGPI / Worst Performing Governors According To CGPI October Report / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Yankee01: 11:37am On Nov 05, 2011
1) Uduaghan.
2) Oops!!! (not vacant)
3) Oops!!! (not vacant)

Sorry, Uduaghan is seated, conviniently, on the 1st - 5th position. grin grin grin

6)
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Natasha2(f): 11:43am On Nov 05, 2011
the list is incomplete without the governor of Bayelsa state.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by david22uu(m): 11:57am On Nov 05, 2011
THE WORST PERFORMING GOV IN NIGERIA IS UNDOUBTEDLY LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR,
IN LAGOS NO SINGLE ROAD IS GOOD AND THE ONES HES CONSTRUCTING TAKES FIVE YEARS TO COMPLETE ONE
THE ONES HE CONSTRUCTED ARE ALREADY HAVING POT HOLES WHICH SHOWS THAT HE PAID LESS AND THEY USED LESSER QUALITY MATERIALS
ALSO NO SECURITY, ONLY THE AGBEROS ARE IN CHARGE, HIGH TAXES, THE MAN IS BAD, LAGOS SHLD BE THE WORSE
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Spclst900: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2011
Nyntynplus:

Namadi Sambo= kaduna
Babangida Aliyu =Niger
Nyako= Adamawa
namadi sambo follow as governor? Smh
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Gbawe: 12:16pm On Nov 05, 2011
olaezebala:

Normally I don't like posting on nairaland but when I see posts about Osun State, I can't help but reply.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, please don't just stay in Lagos and judge Osun state development based on Osun Defender. This is a newspaper used by Aregbe against Oyin then, so I wounder what you expect from such paper. Osun is moving so fast that all the state owned tertiary institutions (except Uniosun) had been on strike for the past 3months and what's the Gov's reply? "Workers always strike. Its nothing new." workers salaries are always delayed for more than a month. The september salary was paid two days ago contrary to his wide spread newspaper claim. Only God knows when october will be paid. All of you commending his initiative with O' yes, I pray that you'll all have a family with degree that'll cut bushes, clear gutter every day of the month for #10,000 salary. Speak against him and disappear, that's the new order in the state. Am not a fan of PDP neither will I allow a Nigerian politician to claim Holy pass for me. Diverting Osun state funds to the new state capital in Lagos. Having imported Osun state INDIGEN from lagos as commissioners that has not been it the state since its creation. If you're not in osun state and partake in the current hardship faced by us, please don't comment or else, your life will experience the same progress you claimed that osun state is having. Out of here.

I am happy to comment so that my life can indeed have the same success Osun is having and will continue to have. We all don't see things the same. Your views show that you will always criticise good effort in so far as it is not what you want to see . What you write below indicates why Nigeria is where it is today.

I pray that you'll all have a family with degree that'll cut bushes, clear gutter every day of the month for #10,000 salary.

We are a very poor Nation with serious unemployment yet you bring educational status into this? My friend, graduates are flipping burgers in the UK today !!!! Besides, what 'dignifed' jobs , paying N100,000 per month, do you want our graduates to walk into? In your opinion, it is better for our graduate to sit at home or become involved in crime rather than be gainfully employed while being trained/prepared for better future employment? I have many family members who graduated years ago and are still jobless. Believe me when I say they would rather be earning N10,000 than begging others as they are forced to do. Aregbesola is asking the entire State to partner with him in reversing devastating rot. This is no time for anyone to be filled with false pride or be demanding jobs that simply do not exist. This, for Osun, is a period where everyone, including you, should be realistic plus pull their weight and assist the leaders.

Things are being done in the right order and if you were not too impatient and judgemental you would see it. When Aregbesola's laudable efforts of diversifying economic activities and attracting FDI begin to pay off , you will see graduates gaining 'dignified' jobs. For now support your Governor and[b] educate yourself about the real state of affairs[/b]. Knowing the problem means we can understand the solution better . If Aregbesola did not create the situation where 'dignified' jobs for graduate are non-existent, why blame him for that? Why knock his effort to give these graduates some dignity until better is available?

Aregbesola did not cause the problems facing Osun. You should admit this to yourself. Rather, graduates do not have 'dignified' jobs because some , for 7.5 years, did not believe in doing anything other than brandishing begging bowls in the direction of the FG. Aregbesola is doing the only thing that can help to develop Osun i.e diversifying the economic activities of the State to secure more income, provide jobs and accelerate development. All what you want to see will only happen when Osun moves away from being a civil service State, totally dependent on allocation from the centre, to become an economically vibrant State with diverse activities of commerce, business, service provision and trading . Some were happy to leave Osun a backwater state for almost 8 years. The 'fightback' to reverse the decay  will need people to educate themselves about the efforts of Aregbesola and criticise objectively.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by whatalife: 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2011
1. IBRAHIM IDRIS
2. IBRAHIM IDRIS
3.IBRAHIM IDRIS
4. IBRAHIM IDRIS
32 IBRAHIM IDRIS
33. IBRAHIM IDRIS
34 IBRAHIM IDRIS
35 IBRAHIM IDRIS
36 IBRAHIM IDRIS OF KOGI STATE, THE MOST RETARDED GOVERNOR IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA, KOGI STATE CAPITAL LOKOJA HAS JUST ONE MAJOR DUAL CARRIAGE WAY WHICH HE HAS BEEN PATCHING SINCE 9 YEARS IN POWER
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by collinsJn(m): 12:53pm On Nov 05, 2011
PETER OBI, IS THE WORST GOVERNOR, AGREE Or NOT.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by nnajiobed: 12:59pm On Nov 05, 2011
The non performing governors will be discovered from next year. As far as I know Abia State is in safe hands.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by mbulela: 1:04pm On Nov 05, 2011
If you refuse to acknowledge T. Orji's strong hold on this crown, then your view lacks credibility.
It can not get worse than that man.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by jason2010(m): 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2011
Abia state Governor, T A Orji should be the flag bearer. Just take a trip to Abia and see what we have to go through
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by ajadek(m): 1:32pm On Nov 05, 2011
Akala 4years is more meaning and better than most of 8years governor
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by sirblondy(m): 1:33pm On Nov 05, 2011
For me,i know very well,that the best worst performing governor is the governor of delta state, The big head Uduaghan, never seen a man so stupid as he is,
he does not touch anything in the state, as not good as Ibori was,he is 100x better than the head master, big for nothing head,
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by MeGaStReEt: 1:53pm On Nov 05, 2011
Oshiomole should top the list

1 Like

Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by dadicvila(m): 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2011
With the huge Allocatiön Bayelsa state recieves Monthly it will be Unwise to place any oda Governor b4 Thief Timipre Sylva, that Man has taken bayelsa state 20yrs backward, i was in Aba recently and with what i saw i will place Thief T.A orji 2nd,But Why are these Men so wicked??why steal everything??Na wa oO!
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by doctokwus: 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2011
Gbawe:

I am happy to comment so that my life can indeed have the same success Osun is having and will continue to have. We all don't see things the same. Your views show that you will always criticise good effort in so far as it is not what you want to see . What you write below indicates why Nigeria is where it is today.

We are a very poor Nation with serious unemployment yet you bring educational status into this? My friend, graduates are flipping burgers in the UK today !!!! Besides, what 'dignifed' jobs , paying N100,000 per month, do you want our graduates to walk into? In your opinion, it is better for our graduate to sit at home or become involved in crime rather than be gainfully employed while being trained/prepared for better future employment? I have many family members who graduated years ago and are still jobless. Believe me when I say they would rather be earning N10,000 than begging others as they are forced to do. Aregbesola is asking the entire State to partner with him in reversing devastating rot. This is no time for anyone to be filled with false pride or be demanding jobs that simply do not exist. This, for Osun, is a period where everyone, including you, should be realistic plus pull their weight and assist the leaders.

Things are being done in the right order and if you were not too impatient and judgemental you would see it. When Aregbesola's laudable efforts of diversifying economic activities and attracting FDI begin to pay off , you will see graduates gaining 'dignified' jobs. For now support your Governor and[b] educate yourself about the real state of affairs[/b]. Knowing the problem means we can understand the solution better . If Aregbesola did not create the situation where 'dignified' jobs for graduate are non-existent, why blame him for that? Why knock his effort to give these graduates some dignity until better is available?

Aregbesola did not cause the problems facing Osun. You should admit this to yourself. Rather, graduates do not have 'dignified' jobs because some , for 7.5 years, did not believe in doing anything other than brandishing begging bowls in the direction of the FG. Aregbesola is doing the only thing that can help to develop Osun i.e diversifying the economic activities of the State to secure more income, provide jobs and accelerate development. All what you want to see will only happen when Osun moves away from being a civil service State, totally dependent on allocation from the centre, to become an economically vibrant State with diverse activities of commerce, business, service provision and trading . Some were happy to leave Osun a backwater state for almost 8 years. The 'fightback' to reverse the decay  will need people to educate themselves about the efforts of Aregbesola and criticise objectively.
With comments like yours above,u dare criticise beaf,u come across as more partisan as partisan can be;go thru ur comments again,its revolting all d defence u are puttin up for Aregbesola,I certainly wished I didn't read dis stuff u posted,I nearly threw up.Jst goes to show that its not d party that will turn dis space called nigeria around,because heinous eggs can b found in which ever party they call themselves& d very few gud ones seem not in sight
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by otokx(m): 2:16pm On Nov 05, 2011
Interesting reading, poster should have made a poll so that we can vote. From the look of things not more than 4 governors are doing well. Down south south, it is generally believed that Timipre Sylvia is the undisputed champion of the worst followed by his cousin in crime Eweta Emmanuel Uduaghan and it is such a shame.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Sike(m): 2:25pm On Nov 05, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

Oshiomole should top the list
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by plaetton: 2:31pm On Nov 05, 2011
T. A orji is by far the very worst, not only in the present, but the very worst ever. I dont know from which stone age cave they brought him from. I hv never seen such a m.oron as being addressed as governor of a state.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Gbawe: 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2011
doctokwus:

With comments like yours above,u dare criticise beaf,u come across as more partisan as partisan can be;go thru your comments again,its revolting all d defence u are puttin up for Aregbesola,I certainly wished I didn't read dis stuff u posted,I nearly threw up.Jst goes to show that its not d party that will turn dis space called nigeria around,because heinous eggs can b found in which ever party they call themselves& d very few gud ones seem not in sight

Why emotions alone? Why not disprove what I have written with facts everyone can relate to ? Instead of sanctimonious hubris, why not show us why Aregbesola is a terrible Governor? Why not , for example, show how Osun was miserably flooded under Aregbesola as was the case under Oyinlola? Why not , with facts, demonstrate that unemployment is not vastly improved today than under the previous government? How about the drive to take agriculture and tourism commercial? Did I fabricate those things also? Did I also prompt a boss of NRC (Nigeria railway corporation) to speak glowingly of the partnership with Osun that will greatly improve the target of commercial farming in the State?

The problem is that Nigeria , because of the bastardized environment it is, has made some simply too emotional. You don't believe in anything/anyone enduringly or passionately and you would rather condemn others , perhaps because you deem that to be fashionable, instead of taking time to view issues objectively and dispassionately. I simply want you to prove that I am making things up. Just do that abeg , with facts, and leave emotions, sentiments and insults out. Even the youngest children will tell you that there is no leader who does not have critics. To that end, let us focus on what is real !! I dare you to show , with facts about what obtained before and today, that Osun is not much better today and improving under Aregbesola. Just take up that simple assignment instead of speaking sanctimoniously. Show facts depicting worsened flooding, poorer fiscal management, greater unemployment etc, etc and I will admit to being unobjectively partisan. till you do that, you are , to me, just another 'herd mentality' poster dealing in sentiments rather than facts.

It is disgraceful that some Nigerians want to disregard fact to then begin playing to the gallery with sentiments. look below to see that Aregbesola proactively sought to partner with the NRC. It is the NRC boss himself who hints that they are willing to partner others who wish to toe Aregbesola's path.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=22098

NRC’s Managing Director Adeseyi Sijuwade said the corporation, in collaboration with the Osun State Government, would boost the state’s economy through freight services. Sijuwade said the NRC has dedicated wagons to service the state. He said: “When the NRC completes ongoing rehabilitation of its facilities, we shall collaborate with other state governments, organisations and any person that requires our services.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by graluxxy054(f): 3:17pm On Nov 05, 2011
The answer is very simple. T. A. Orji, T. A. Orji and T. A. Orji. Simple and short
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by gascoign1(m): 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2011
Uduaghan, Delta State
Bin Uduaghan, Afghanistan Delta
Osama Uduaghan ladin, Vietnam Delta
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by cheikh: 5:05pm On Nov 05, 2011
doctokwus
With comments like yours above,u dare criticise beaf,u come across as more partisan as partisan can be;go thru your comments again,its revolting all d defence u are puttin up for Aregbesola,I certainly wished I didn't read dis stuff u posted,I nearly threw up.Jst goes to show that its not d party that will turn dis space called nigeria around,because heinous eggs can b found in which ever party they call themselves& d very few gud ones seem not in sight

@^^ You have not disproved Gbawe's points/reasons based on facts on ground from residents and actual projects on ground too. What is it that you find distasteful about Aregbesola's actions or Gbawe's write-up? There's dignity in labour hence the state is implementing long-term people /work/ income generating projects. Which do you prefer "grandiose projects" like stadiums or airports etc that don't exactly impact on the lives of the majority citizens economically or emotionally either. We should try to subsume our typically Nigerian [b]instinctive [/b]desire to criticise and condemn, especially if we are not exactly privy to facts on ground, local knowledge, or even knowledgeable enough about the country at large. I can understand that some of journalists/media houses are terrible indeed in misinforming the public or rather most of them are ignorant of what development is because they have been schooled badly to think negatively always. They seem to have a dependency syndrome hence support for bad government that give away hand-outs to synchophants.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by PointB: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2011
Gbawe:

Does sycophancy get better than this crap?  shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2011
Emmanuel Uduaghan
TA Orji
Timipre Sylva
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Gbawe: 5:57pm On Nov 05, 2011
cheikh:

doctokwus

@^^ You have not disproved Gbawe's points/reasons based on facts on ground from residents and actual projects on ground too. What is it that you find distasteful about Aregbesola's actions or Gbawe's write-up? There's dignity in labour hence the state is implementing long-term people /work/ income generating projects. Which do you prefer "grandiose projects" like stadiums or airports etc that don't exactly impact on the lives of the majority citizens economically or emotionally either. We should try to subsume our typically Nigerian [b]instinctive [/b]desire to criticise and condemn, especially if we are not exactly privy to facts on ground, local knowledge, or even knowledgeable enough about the country at large. I can understand that some of journalists/media houses are terrible indeed in misinforming the public or rather most of them are ignorant of what development is because they have been schooled badly to think negatively always. They seem to have a dependency syndrome hence support for bad government that give away hand-outs to synchophants.

My brother, I am still waiting for anyone , other than the mischief makers and liars, to produce a factual list of how Aregbesola has worsened the plight of Osun.

People should show us if the flooding witnessed only in 2010 under Oyinlola was seen under Aregbesola. If not why? was it just 'adura' or was it Aregbesola's proactive and responsive effort?

How about employment ? Better or worse under Aregbesola?

How about the holy grail of State governorship i.e the efforts to diversify economic activities and move States away from 'begging bowl' dependency? Is the zero effort seen under Oyinlola better than efforts we are seeing now towards commercial Agriculture, tourism and co with OREAP, OTOUR et al ?

How about (see below) the ongoing work to increase the provision of potable water by circa 50% ? Surely that marks out Aregbesola as worse than Oyinola? I could go on but what is the point with many now only interested in speaking out of sentiments alone these day?

Below, for example and unusual for Nigeria, detailed scope of the work to be undertaken is given and the contractor is listed with websites we can all verify i.e Seg Mahsen and Co Nigeria Ltd. http://www.segmahsensng.com/index.html . This is why I always urge folks to be objective in their criticism. Many of us don't even understand that we have become bitter folks routinely happy to condemn everyone and everything. The facts , viewed objectively and without sentiment, show that Aregbesola in 1 year is doing much better than Oyinlola managed in almost 8 years. If some want to base their views on the false utterances of others then so be it. They can wallow in self-created ignorance.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201110050800.html

Nigeria: Aregbesola Orders Rehabilitation of Waterworks

Yetunde Oladejo

4 October 2011

Osogbo — IN its bid to provide potable water for the people of the state, Osun State government yesterday awarded N417,974,970.00 contract for the emergency rehabilitation of the Ede Waterworks.

Signing the agreement with the company on behalf of the government for the award of the contract in Osogbo, the state capital, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Water Resources, Engineer (Mrs.) Tawa Williams, said that the project must be completed within a stipulated period of six months.

Williams said over 20 million gallons of water per day would be made available to the people of the state on completion of the rehabilitation.

Describing the signing of the agreement with the company as a milestone in the life of the present administration of Governor Rauf Aregbesola, the Special Adviser noted that the government was carrying out the partial rehabilitation of the waterworks to improve its output capacity to about 50 per cent.

She said the governor had entered into partnership with the World Bank for the comprehensive rehabilitation of the waterworks, but pending the time the bank would come in, the present administration decided to embark on the partial rehabilitation of the project.

[b]The scope of the emergency rehabilitation, according to her, includes "provision of two 2,500 cubic metre and hour Low Lift Pump sets; provision of 1500KVA Generating Set at the High Lift Station; provision of two 2MVA outdoor power transformer with its associated control panels at the High Lift Station and high Tension Building respectively; and provision of chemical dosing pumps for Lime and Alum".

Williams noted that all main pipes in the affected areas would be repaired or replaced to minimize waste and ensure effective use of water, adding that pipes would also be extended to newly developed areas.

She noted that when partnership between the state government and the World Bank begins to take effect next year under the World Bank Assisted Water Supply Programme, there would be complete rehabilitation of Ede Headworks, which would give 100 per cent and full capacity water outflow.

Construction of new Ilesa Urban Water Scheme, according to her, would also be carried out under the programme, while the ongoing Ile-Ife Urban Water Scheme would be completed, adding that there would be rehabilitation of all existing water schemes, and repair and desilting of dams in Eko-Ende, Esa-Odo, Iwo and Ede.
Relevant Links[/b]

For the monitoring of the project, she stated that the present administration would introduce new system of monitoring of projects which had not been done in the past, noting that the governor had also directed the Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Finance to participate in the monitoring of the project.

She reiterated the commitment of the government of the state to give the issue of water supply topmost priority and ensure that the dividend of democracy is brought to the doorsteps of the people of the state in all ramifications.

The contract was awarded to Messrs Seg Mahsen and Co Nigeria Ltd.

Responding on behalf of the company, the leader of the team, Dr Abraham Olusegun said that the company would handle the project with all sincerity and ensure that it is completed within the stipulated period.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by DrummaBoy(m): 6:50pm On Nov 05, 2011
No one mentioned northern govs.
From d aformentioned, the winners are:
1. Uduaghan
2. T A Orji
3. Timpre Sylva

Period!
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Gbawe: 6:55pm On Nov 05, 2011
DrummaBoy:

No one mentioned northern govs.
From d aformentioned, the winners are:
1. Uduaghan
2. T A Orji
3. Timpre Sylva

Period!

It is because of igorance. Most here are ignorant of what goes on in the North and Northerners are not exactly the most passionate bloggers in Nigeria. Some Northern Governors are simply the most clueless individuals any of us will ever come across in our lives.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by kingrhirhs(m): 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2011
Emmanuel Uduaghan should be given a 1st class 4 non performance, if there is an oscar, it should be added.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by mekusdsage(m): 8:32pm On Nov 05, 2011
whether u like it or not, believe it dat T.A.Orji can never be among d worst 20 governor, if nt 4 anytin he librated Abia,, Aba-owerri Rd after many yrs of neglection is nw constructd, ,come 2 Umuahia nd see, i'm nt his fan bt i knw he is trying.,judging him frm the time Abia was librated 2 now
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by 9hmo(m): 8:35pm On Nov 05, 2011
I`m not from Delta State, but UDUAGHAN the big head is the flag bearer,have not seen a retard like him,just wish his children will not be like him.slowpoke. It`s like Delta state don`t have a Governor.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Skii(m): 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2011
Una no go school?
Whats "the worst performing 3 governors in Nigeria"? ehn?

The 3 worst performing Governors in Nigeria, haba,
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by odumchi: 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2011
Bad Southern Governors:
Delta - Uduaghan
Abia- Theodor Orji/ Ojiuzor Kalu
Oyo- Akala

Bad Northern Governors:
Zamfara- Abubakar Yari
Niger- Babangida Aliyu
Bauchi- Isa Yuguda

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amuwo Odofin LG Chairman's Office Burnt After Primaries (Photos) / Chop I Chop: Pro-corruption Campaign Of Igbinedion Of PDP For Atiku — Ogundamisi / AIG Mohammed Adamu Sighted At Presidential Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.