Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,850 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! (2878 Views)

Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar / Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm / What Sells In Nigeria These Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 06, 2011
IN a bid to reposition the company for
economic gains, the Imo State government has finally handed over Adapalm plantation to an Irish Company, Roche Group in Ohaji /
shocked shocked shocked Egbema Local Government Area under Public Private Partnership (PPP).
Speaking at the handing over ceremony of the establishments’ corporate office at Ohaji, Governor Rochas Okorocha, described Imo Palm Plantation as one of the greatest investments of the state that were mismanaged by the previous
administrations.
The governor explained that the plantation was not sold by the government but handed over to a competent organisation for effective management so as to enhance
its productivity as well as generate more revenue to the state government.
He added that under the partnership with Roche Group, Imo Palm Plantation would generate 1,500 employment opportunities and provide corporate social responsibilities to boost the development of the host communities.

http:// www.businessnews.com.ng/2011/11/03/roche-group-takes-over-imo-palm-plantation/
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by Pukkah: 7:51am On Nov 06, 2011
So how did he sell it to himself?
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by Rhino5dm: 7:59am On Nov 06, 2011
so when did Rochas equates Roche?? Are you daft or just trying to be silly? Cant you even google the company before pouring your ignorance on public forum? Nonsense.
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by alexleo(m): 8:09am On Nov 06, 2011
Op you are a rabble rouser. Instead of you to appreciate this noble effort by rochas you rather chose to toe the path of mudslinging.
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by Abagworo(m): 8:41am On Nov 06, 2011
Agricultural investments have over the years died out in Nigeria.I pray this doesn't end up as usual.
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by Areosapien(f): 8:56am On Nov 06, 2011
So, when did the Irish Roche Group become ROCHAS? The OP either started with the headline to attract some traffic to this thread, or because he's a total dunce.
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by neily(f): 10:19am On Nov 06, 2011
Is Rochas an Irish man?
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by doctokwus: 10:35am On Nov 06, 2011
In more civilised climes,mischief making attracts heavy punishment,but here,somebody learns how to use d internet,joins a social media forum& d first thing that comes to d warped mind is to spread falsehood bc he knows he can get away wt it.Damn country,full of people that were creations of God working on d day d gud Lord was supposed to b taking a deserved rest.
D op is an e.g of what a debased society has done to d mindset;only thinking of mischief
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:42am On Nov 06, 2011
neily:

Is Rochas an Irish man?

^^^Gbam!!! smiley Hit the nail on the head.

I reckon the jury's still out regarding Owelle Rochas performance so far (maybe a year from now, we can have a clearer picture), and i'm not one given to hasty praise and adulation so we don't make the subject feel big-headed, conceited and loose focus.

Having said that, i'd have to confess that i feel he's heading in the right direction, and i'm having a good feeling about him thus far.

Ndi-Imo are lucky to have him as Governor and i'm sure their Abia cousins will be looking on with envy.
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by TomFord: 11:52am On Nov 06, 2011
Funny comments
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by asha80(m): 12:57pm On Nov 06, 2011
i have checked out this ROCHE group and i do not see anywhere where they are said to be involved in agriculture

http://www.rochegroup.ie/index.html
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by nduchucks: 1:41pm On Nov 06, 2011
The OP may be absolutely correct in his/her assertion that Rochas "sells Adapalm to himself". Indeed the Roche Group is a well known company with its tentacles in several countries in Africa including Uganda. The problem is, Roche Group is an Irish company that operates in many sectors from construction and property investment, hospitality and retail, health and fitness to motor sport and related activities. This company has never undertaken any agricultural project.

On its face, this deal is very suspicious. Rochas owes the people of Imo an explanation as to what is prudent about not selling Adapalm to a well establisted agricultural company. I smell a rat!
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by macjive01: 1:48pm On Nov 06, 2011
asha 80:

i have checked out this ROCHE group and i do not see anywhere where they are said to be involved in agriculture

http://www.rochegroup.ie/index.html

DID U NOT SEE WHERE IT SAYS THE COMPANY IS INVOLVED IN FRESH FOOD AND PRODUCE ?

CHECK THERE COMPANY NEWS , YOU WILL READ ABOUT PURCHASE AND MANAGEMENT OF FARMS IN UGANDA AND ETC.

ASHA OPEN UR EYES.
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by nduchucks: 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2011
@mcjive01, can't Rochas and his handlers find a company whose core competency is Agriculture rather than construction? I still smell a rat.
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by asha80(m): 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2011
macjive01:

DID U NOT SEE WHERE IT SAYS THE COMPANY IS INVOLVED IN FRESH FOOD AND PRODUCE ?

CHECK THERE COMPANY NEWS , YOU WILL READ ABOUT PURCHASE AND MANAGEMENT OF FARMS IN UGANDA AND ETC.

ASHA OPEN your EYES.

to be honest i have not seen a reference from the website.can you link me to the exact page?
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by Areosapien(f): 2:43pm On Nov 06, 2011
ndu_chucks:

The OP may be absolutely correct in his/her assertion that Rochas "sells Adapalm to himself". Indeed the Roche Group is a well known company with its tentacles in several countries in Africa including Uganda. The problem is, Roche Group is an Irish company that operates in many sectors from construction and property investment, hospitality and retail, health and fitness to motor sport and related activities. This company has never undertaken any agricultural project.

On its face, this deal is very suspicious. Rochas owes the people of Imo an explanation as to what is prudent about not selling Adapalm to a well establisted agricultural company. I smell a rat!
ndu_chucks:

@mcjive01, can't Rochas and his handlers find a company whose core competency is Agriculture rather than construction? I still smell a rat.

grin Maybe you smell the rat because it is right there in your rotten home, the North. If this isn't the lamest and most idiotic attempt at sounding like a political critic, then I don't know what. Who isn't aware of this Fulani Ndu-Chuks' agenda? Who isn't aware of the mooooron's earlier comments that Ohakim is the best solution for Imo? (And he made this dumb statement a day before the gubernatorial elections).
My dear Aboki, let me just inform you that we Imolites know how we roll; WE voted him; WE put him there; and the money belongs to US; so whatever outcome is OUR concern, and not yours. You should rather spend your time working on ways to pull the North from the rotten cesspit it has become (I hear a deputy governor died to one of the portholes he failed to fix), and stop worrying about the affairs of people who wouldn't give a shiiiit if you dropped and died.
You're welcome.
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by Otunne1: 3:08pm On Nov 06, 2011
@at all, please adapalm was not sold permanently to roche company, they only rented adapalm, and will be paying imo state govt 3.5bn yearly. Meanwhile this is a great move, considering the fact that adapalm used to yield less than 300m per year. The roche group is also going to employ about 1500 imolites(better than the 10,000 job non sense).
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by nduchucks: 3:32pm On Nov 06, 2011
Areosapien:

My dear Aboki, let me just inform you that we Imolites know how we roll; WE voted him; WE put him there; and the money belongs to US; so whatever outcome is OUR concern, and not yours.

You sound like another hate-filled and lost Imolite. You are probably a bigot and uneducated as well, since educated people believe in constructive criticisms. Mgbo piafuka gi isi
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by otokx(m): 3:50pm On Nov 06, 2011
poster mind yourself
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by Areosapien(f): 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2011
ndu_chucks:

You sound like another hate-filled and lost Imolite. You are probably a bigot and uneducated as well, since educated people believe in constructive criticisms. Mgbo piafuka gi isi

Oh, hurt? That is a fact and nothing but the truth. Useless malu's like you should focus on your dying region which is about to implode in a seismic blast of stupiidity, instead of coming to lay empty criticisms on people who are FAR more intellectually upright than you. And for the record, yes, my level of education surpasses anything your shamelessly underachieving ancestors can attain.
You come here acting like you care about the wellbeing of the good people of Imo? Who do you think you're fooling, you idle, low-life, gutter-slurping pig? Like I said, my jobless illiterate acquaintance: We know how we roll, so it would be in your best interest to shove your useless opinions straight up your wretched, unwashed, gaping a§§.
Kitikpa gbawakwaa gi onu.
Useless aboki.
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by fm7070: 8:15pm On Nov 09, 2011
This poster antagonise himself.
Re: Rochas Sells Adapalm To Himself ! by okeyfrank: 7:55am On Nov 10, 2012
I feel so bad when Imolites whom we aclaim are the most educated in the country seem to be the most myopic in reasoning. I suppose the very best way we can help our Governor whom we voted into office is to praise him for whatever he has done right, and criticize him as well for whatever thing he does wrong so that he can redirect his steps.

Why would someone mention 10,000 jobs when creation of jobs by the present gov is being mentioned?
For the avoidance of doubts, the governor did so wrong in sacking the 10,000 workers, simply because they were employed by his predecessor and opponent. Fact remains that, the programme followed a well advertised and coordinated employment sequence, starting with the screening of the civil service staff to eliminate ghost workers and create more avenues, to engagement of KPMG Consultants to conduct the employment tests, and the subsequent interviewing of the candidates that scored 40% and above by the civil service commission and their team. The first batch (Admin Officers) were recruited in October 2010, followed by the Agricultural personnel in December/January; the third batch were in Match/ April, etc. All these were stipulated and announced in the media right from the beginning of the exercise.

Rochas came on board only to sack all these workers on the grounds that their were no vacancies anywhere. But fact remains that on weekly basis, people are being secretly employed in the state civil service as well as the teaching staff. I came across some women testifying how they were recently employed by Owelle's government into the civil service as well as the teaching staff of the state. I saw the happiness that covered their faces. What came to mind was a question I threw to them and I said, 'how would you feel if this your job is taken away from you and given to someone else?

Secondly, when people say ADAPALM was sold by Rochas to himself, we should try to understand what is happening before we start defending the governor. If the gov wanted to hand over the company to private partners, there was no problem with that. But the problem here was that, unlike the past administrations, there was no announcement to that effect before the concession. Due process was never followed in the exercise. Other better qualified companies were not given a chance to bid for the project. The Governor simply traveled abroad and arranged with this group in a deal that favours him and the company alone, then came back home and effected the handover without due consultation. One can always swear that the Governor has a good percentage in the whole thing as being accused. Besides, how can one hand over all major government projects to only one company when there are so many better qualified companies withing and outside Nigeria? What is good for the goose is as well good for the gander. While the Governor, his family, girl friends and associates are eating and enjoying the state resources and money, he should learn to extend this gesture to the rest of Imolites by awarding contracts to other companies and paying contractors, not just those that are close to him and his family.

The same thing happened at ITC and Imo Concorde Hotel whom we know the Governor handed over to his proxys who now run the businesses for him, having presumably paid N250M and N500M to the state government respectively. To a clear mind, this is fraud and someday, the Governor and those behind this defrauding of Imolites will account for all these. One cannot deceive the masses forever.

But I strongly believe that if the Governor can dampen his craze for money, land and wealth in the state a little bit, he still has little time to retrace his steps and make amends as we want him to succeed. This is because, if Owelle succeeds in governance, Imo state succeeds as a state and we all succeed as well. Let's call a spade a spade, the governor has done far below expectation since the past One and half years. But he still has time to change and should do so without wasting more time for his own good and that of the state. We are praying for him seriously because we voted him in. But he should remove pride and arrogance and accept constructive criticisms. God bless Imo State.

(1) (Reply)

How Big Is 300,000 Naira In Nigeria / Please How Long Does It Take For ATM Debit Error To Reverse? / How Do Those The Billon Coin Really Works (TBC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.