Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. (19348 Views)

The Most Romantic Gift You Have Ever Received?... / What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by trueangel: 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2011
Hello Friends,
I have created this thread for us to come together and see if we can put together the most romantic honeymoon destinations in Nigeria.

What places do you rate high as a perfect honeymoon destination in Nigeria?

I will start by say my first ideal location is Obudu Cattle Ranch. I have been there yet but I have heard so much about it. Can anyone elaborate more on this destination?

Lets hear from you about your honeymoon destinations in Nigeria.
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by bxcode(m): 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2011
On Nigerian roads. grin grin grin grin
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:54pm On Nov 06, 2011
Maiduguri: The sound of automatic rifles spitting out armor-piercing rounds, the muzzle flashing, the sight of people running helter-skelter, the scent of burning flesh. Your aesthetic senses will be in for a real treat.
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by pendo89(f): 11:04pm On Nov 06, 2011
^^ seriously. i need t know. i could recommend u know.
now what is with the cattle ranch? undecided
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by ijawgirl: 1:32am On Nov 07, 2011
Obudu cattle ranch is the best honeymoon destination in Nigeria IMO.
I have been there twice
Obudu Mountain Resort is a place to have a splendid time. If you visit Obudy, you won't regret any bit of it.
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by BABE3: 1:43am On Nov 07, 2011
On your Mattress- 'Yinka Oba Foam' to be specific.
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by trueangel: 7:22am On Nov 07, 2011
@ijaw_girl,
thanks alot for your comment, I have heard alot about it as well, Can you give a writeup of your experience there in not more than 500 words if you were asked to, ?
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by cookie27: 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2011
A Stay-At-Home Honeymoon can be as romantic as it gets.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=316631098351151&set=a.316630898351171.98606.275721035775491&type=1&theater
email: aprilinteriors@yahoo.com

Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2011
BABE!:

On your Mattress- 'Yinka Oba Foam' to be specific.

I guess you are from Ilesa

1 Like

Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by Sagaman: 11:41am On Nov 09, 2011
ijaw_girl:

Obudu cattle ranch is the best honeymoon destination in Nigeria IMO.
I have been there twice
Obudu Mountain Resort is a place to have a splendid time. If you visit Obudy, you won't regret any bit of it.

Completely over-priced place.

I would regret every bit of it when you can spend a fraction of the cost and go to Barbados or Kenya with much better facilities and sight.
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by 27naira(m): 11:53am On Nov 09, 2011
Sagaman:

Completely over-priced place.

I would regret every bit of it when you can spend a fraction of the cost and go to Barbados or Kenya with much better facilities and sight.

what are you talking about?

I drove to Obudu in 2010 and spent some time there with friends.
after three days, i spent about 72k. It was worth every cent despite the fact that i was extra-extra-vangant

Abeg the place make sense and very affordable.

CONS: Not a place for a single man otherwise boredom go kill you dieĀ  cheesy
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by Okijajuju1(m): 11:53am On Nov 09, 2011
Obudu!!

But like someone already pointed out, Its very expensive and highly over-priced.

Yankari Games Reserve is also cool though!! But I havent been there in over 11 years. Jos used to be quite scenic but since the tribal yawa, I wouldnt advice anyone to near there.
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by 27naira(m): 11:55am On Nov 09, 2011
Okija_juju:

Obudu!!

But like someone already pointed out, Its very expensive and highly over-priced.

Yankari Games Reserve is also cool though!! But I havent been there in over 11 years. Jos used to be quite scenic but since the tribal yawa, I wouldnt advice anyone to near there.

abeg how is it over-priced??
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by Sagaman: 11:59am On Nov 09, 2011
27naira:

what are you talking about?

I drove to Obudu in 2010 and spent some time there with friends.
after three days, i spent about 72k. It was worth every cent despite the fact that i was extra-extra-vangant

Abeg the place make sense and very affordable.

CONS: Not a place for a single man otherwise boredom go kill you dieĀ  cheesy

Explain what you got for your N72K.

Give a break down, don't just tell me you spent N72K.

I can go to Scotland (from London) and spend only N55K in 3 days. So why would you just stating you spent N72K be any significant.

Give a break down.
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by Nosyke(m): 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2011
ArQueBusieR:

Maiduguri: The sound of automatic rifles spitting out armor-piercing rounds, the muzzle flashing, the sight of people running helter-skelter, the scent of burning flesh. Your aesthetic senses will be in for a real treat.

grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked , Did you forget Damaturu??
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by lynxnoon(m): 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2011
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by Sagaman: 12:42pm On Nov 09, 2011
lynxnoon:

smiley
http://obuducattleranch.info/booking-a-holiday

See there website?

What a disgrace!

Utter bloody foools.

No wonder most Nigerians are unemployable and we need to bring in expatriates.

Useless people calling themselves "graduates". Moronic mentality of "E don do, we don try".

What a shameful competence.
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by isbelhma: 12:53pm On Nov 09, 2011
what do u need honey moon for? honey moon is for newly wed couples that have never hard time to be together during courtship. as to love making or hard sex. but these days lovers live together b4 marriage and even hard abortion several times b4 marriage. even though some traditions in yorubas accepted it as a custom.

so if u know u never hard sex b4 marriage then u can go to maiduguri or damaturu for your honey moon and i bet you , you wil come back alive becos you are cleaan, Lol
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 09, 2011
Had to be obudu, lovely place
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by hoab: 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2011
LAND FOR SALE
1.A land consisting 2 Nos bungalow on one and half plot of land along Lagos/Abeokuta road between Ijaye Alakuko area price #25M.

2.A two plots of land together at Alakuko along with the Deeds of conveyance price #27M.

3.A land partially developeed ideal for church, school , hall project at Isheri oshun, Ikotun,Lagos. price #7M.

LETTING.
Mini flats, 2B/R and 3B/R flats at Ahmadiyyah and ijayiye area, ojokoro Lagos

CALL=08029511951
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by adora4u1: 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2011
aso rock!!!
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by Kx: 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2011
With the high level of insecurity nationwide, who dares leave his state or place of residence in d name of hnymoon?
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by Yinkay: 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2011
Try Abraka Turf and Country Club Resort,
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by Okijajuju1(m): 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2011
27naira:

abeg how is it over-priced??

I went to Obudu Cattle ranch in 2010 as well and ended up spending over 200,000 Naira on hotel bills alone for 3 nights. Now if that isnt over-priced for a place that has limited activities then I wonder.
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by passionate88: 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2011
Some dude sabi LIE,

1 Like

Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by passionate88: 2:58pm On Nov 09, 2011
some dudes sabi lie,
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by teddies(f): 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2011
La Campange tropicana is also a lovly place.
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by r231(m): 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2011
Eko Hotel grin
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by babalo1: 3:33pm On Nov 09, 2011
Ajegunle, oshodi, Abule Egba, are the shit
Damaturu, yola, maiduguri, borno are the BOMB!!!
literarily
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by Okijajuju1(m): 3:54pm On Nov 09, 2011
passionate88:

Some dude sabi LIE,

Since your post came imediately after mine, I would assume you are refering to me in your post so here is my response;

In Obudu Cattle ranch, the accomodation varies in prices. And none of those "on the ranch" come cheap. I went there to celebrate my birthday with some friends and the budget was actually 300,000'k for that trip, when they landed us the hotel bill for the one we chose (which was a fully detached 3 bedroom apartment), it was about 90'k or more sef per night. Anyways, we bargained down to 90'k and times 3 nights, do the maths.

Obudu though a nice place and all, is unnecessarily expensive. There isnt much to do there that cant be done in 48 hours tops. If you have the number for the ranch, give them a call and find out the rates for there apartments.

P.S:: Obudu ranch does not have hotels!! its more like detached houses ranging from single room huts to a presidential residence on the highest mountain point.

Big things poppin homes!! Didnt write that to impress you, was just stating my experience.
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by renewnaija(m): 3:54pm On Nov 09, 2011
ArQueBusieR:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 09, 2011
honeymood in Nigeria? Hmmmm, with the insecurity, one had better stay @ home. Or come to Asaba's grand hotels or Nelrose hotel.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? / What To Do With A Cheating Boyfriend? / Fans React After Discovering Former P0rnstar Is Now A Homeless Drug Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.