Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,679 members, 7,801,960 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa (12702 Views)

See What Zambian Pastor Said About Prophet TB Joshua Will Shock You / Nigeria Gospel Ministers And Their Wife / Nigeria Gospel Radio Debuts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2011
eGuerrilla:

A lot of Nigerians do not understand the involvement of the CIA in promoting this development.
I recall just like yesterday watching several coaches pull up outside my school, with Nigerian missionaries (Scripture Union students from the College of Medicine, UNILAG)) bearing Greek gifts: bags containing fan ice, biscuits, chocolates in one hand; a copy of Gideon's bible, which dwells on the new testament, in the other.
I am wiser now to know where some of the funds for that project came from grin

Nothing wrong with this.

We are talking about Mega churches and Mega Pastors not ordinary students and some local pastors who are struggling.

Do not try to use this article to blanket the entire Christian church in Nigeria.

I am in total support of the SU students distributing bibles.
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by EEngineer1(m): 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2011
i am heavily dissapointed with some of this pastors even though am nigerian, the fact is that jesus rophesied that this would happen so no one should be surprised, it is an endtime spirit,

another thing u can notice about these churches is their lack of moral rectitude and nonchalance towards immoral lives that their members lead
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2011
Beretta92:

The church in Nigeria is in a pathetically moribund state.In a church of say 4000 pple in Nigeria,u can b sure dat all 4000 including d pastor are not living d xtian life as laid out by Jesus Christ.Instead,they only pursue their own interests,they sow seeds because expect to get trees in return,their reason for serving God is shockingly n entirely selfish.Dat's d reason y they run 4rm church 2 church.All these are as a result of the defective,selfish prosperity gospel preached in almost evry church in Nigeria n amplified by American pentecostal preachers.the words "charlatan" n "con-artiste" av bcom synonymous to "pastor".Infact,these days i find church so repelling,so disgusting,so nauseating n i feel like i don't want to av anything to with it.even those pastors i thot were an exceptn are no exceptn:they only do their "thing" in a more coded way dat's hard 2 decipher.

Though far and between, there are still pastors and Christians who are worshipping God in Nigeria with love, reverence and fear.

You do not have to give up , just pick up your bible and read it , stop following men and follow Christ, fellowship with believers , distribute to the necessity of the saints and preach the word.

In fact if you want to see what a church should look like or what it was like in the old days read the whole book of acts of the apostles.
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2011
Op, u failed a bit in ur blog. Person worship is not a Nigerian thing. E don tey. Evn Catholics practise idolatry of worshipping Mary. There is also nothing wrong in sowing seed. U r not being forced. Most ppl spend more money on frivolities.
Whilst I would not advocate d larger than life image of a lot of pastors, I hv no qualms in honoring someone I consider as a role model. Don't ppl troop out 2 watch movie stars whose morality r questionable? Another point I would like 2 debunk is equating holiness with being poor. They r not d same. U can be holy & rich.
Granted that u made a lot of valid points, I can only add that lack of supervision is d cause of all d rot in d church. It doesn't diminish d gospel, it only shows d character of d ppl.
Pastors need 2 be audited & give account for their expenses. Maybe that will curb a lot of excesses.
Ultimately, any institution run by men will be flawed.
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by yommysomguy(m): 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2011
E-Engineer:

i am heavily dissapointed with some of this pastors even though am nigerian, the fact is that jesus rophesied that this would happen so no one should be surprised, it is an endtime spirit,

another thing u can notice about these churches is their lack of moral rectitude and nonchalance towards immoral lives that their members lead
korect guy. U've said whats in my mind
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by ochukoccna: 12:40pm On Nov 08, 2011
eGuerrilla:

A lot of Nigerians do not understand the involvement of the CIA in promoting this development.
I recall just like yesterday watching several coaches pull up outside my school, with Nigerian missionaries (Scripture Union students from the College of Medicine, UNILAG)) bearing Greek gifts: bags containing fan ice, biscuits, chocolates in one hand; a copy of Gideon's bible, which dwells on the new testament, in the other.
I am wiser now to know where some of the funds for that project came from grin
CIA? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Yarn on
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Ekpekus(m): 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2011
Judge not, so that thou mayest be judged!
Do your bit by living the scripture wholly and leave judgement 2 God.
"LET HIM THAT THINKETH HE STAND, TAKE HEED LEST HE FALL"
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2011
frosbel:

Nothing wrong with this.
We are talking about Mega churches and Mega Pastors not ordinary students and some local pastors who are struggling.
Do not try to use this article to blanket the entire Christian church in Nigeria.
I am in total support of the SU students distributing bibles.

Who created the mega churches?
We have had churches in Nigeria since the early 1900s - if not before - so tell me what catharsis set us on the road to ignominy.

I will tell you something for nothing; the genesis of those churches would be found in Scripture Unions which [b]arrested the development of minds in African Universities [/b]throughout the 80s.

It is no use chasing shadows, waxing lyrical about the debilitating influence of these mega churches, if we are not prepared to have an honest and frank discussion about their origins.
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2011
ochukoccna:

CIA? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Yarn on

At the height of the cold war, with so many of Africa's newly emerging countries - Angola, Mozambique, Namibia, Zimbabwe - turning eastward, the likes of Billy Graham and the CIA served a new dish.
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by bisiaet: 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2011
Let this man keep quiet please and let us hear word. Are they not "same" he that is talking let see one of his member too to testify to it if himself is a true pastor "indeed". People are already bored with all these pastors stuffs so whatever he want to say is no longer a news because himelf we are not sure he is not one of them.
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2011
eGuerrilla:

Who created the mega churches?
We have had churches in Nigeria since the early 1900s - if not before - so tell me what catharsis set us on the road to ignominy.

Simple, an abuse of something good.

Nigeria is a corrupt country and this plague has now found its way into the church.

I will tell you something for nothing; the genesis of those churches would be found in Scripture Unions which [b]arrested the development of minds in African Universities [/b]throughout the 80s.

I had no problems with SU in the good ol' days.

SU's were known for their simple lifestyle and simple gospel message.

And you are not making sense by saying it arrested the development of African universities, I was never an SU , but at UI which I attended , many lecturers and students were born again and excelled in all areas of their lives, we had a healthy debating culture and were socially very stable.

It is no use chasing shadows, waxing lyrical about the debilitating influence of these mega churches, if we are not prepared to have an honest and frank discussion about their origins.

The Origin of Mega Churches was in America and started in the 1950s and especially in the 90s with the advent of the internet and Television. It was not that crazy to be gin with though not biblical, until greed pervaded entire congregations through so called MOG who were nothing but wolves in sheep clothing.

Now it has been exported to Nigeria and has been swallowed hook line and sinker.
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by ochukoccna: 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2011
eGuerrilla:

At the height of the cold war, with so many of Africa's newly emerging countries - Angola, Mozambique, Namibia, Zimbabwe - turning eastward, the likes of Billy Graham and the CIA served a new dish.

All this conspiracy theories again? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I've read about how the Belgian king used missionaries who were in fact economic mercenaries take over parts of East Africa yet that doesn't negate the fact that God exists even though Europe and America are long lost in apostasy. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Sadly, they've incubated their poisonous seed -the godless prosperity gospel- in Africa's womb
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Enigma(m): 3:37pm On Nov 08, 2011
I'd like to point to two things we have to bear in mind.

1. Many urban Nigerians are typically hustlers and often greedy/over-ambitious (possibly lazy but simply opportunistic) hustlers  ---- they will follow anything which brings or is supposed to bring in money. There was a time when cẹlẹ was the in-thing in (south-western?) Nigeria and people were trooping to it like no-one's business all in their quest to "make it". Recently they moved into "NGOs" hoping to attract foreign sponsors. I was at a conference in Naija some time ago where some fool was not ashamed to get up and say "I own an NGO"; mercifully he was shouted down --- possibly by people as bad as him anyway. Witness also, the spate of people losing money to wonder banks and other pyramid schemes.

2. The prosperity "gospel", although it is the very "vomit of satan", is very attractive to lazy, greedy hustlers and even to well meaning but poor thinking aspirational people. On top of which it has the false veneer of respectability of being "spiritual" or being "godly". However, it provides opportunity for the smarter more daring hustler to take advantage of the dumber hustler and also of the poor thinking aspirational people.

Of course a hustler like guyman or fireman or whatever he is called would quickly take advantage of a lucrative scheme where several mumus simply hand over 10% of their income to him every month. The mumus on the other hand think handing over 10% of their income to guyman/fireman is part of their own hustling because they expect it will lead to returns ----- just like investing in wonder banks.

All rather pathetic.
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by ochukoccna: 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2011
Ekpekus:

Judge not, so that thou mayest be judged!
Do your bit by living the scripture wholly and leave judgement 2 God.
"LET HIM THAT THINKETH HE STAND, TAKE HEED LEST HE FALL"

Now this is the main problem in correcting the prosperity message
This 'gods in God temple' called pastors have continuously twisted the bible& used this type of scriptures to give them cover
And you are gullible enough to believe it?
You must honor your shepherds, the bible is replete with scriptures buttressing this
Yet the bible also says God will kill shepherds who allow not His sheep get nutrition
Did Christ not take on the corrupt priesthood who had deviated in his day?
Does the bible not say for us to test the spirits?
Did Paul not correct Peter's actions -ostracizing the gentiles to side with Jews- when he saw that Peter was by his action against the very truth of the New Testament Christ brought to mankind?
Did Peter himself not warn about false teachers?
Did Paul not speak about Alexander and Demas as have forsaken the true gospel?
So illuminating people to flee from the likes of oyedepo, adeboye, ashimolowo, adeyemi, sign fireman and their kind is now judgement? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Maybe if you spent more time listening to the undiluted word of God and reading your bible, you would see the need to stop contributing to their ghanamust go cash sacks. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by ochukoccna: 3:50pm On Nov 08, 2011
However, it provides opportunity for the smarter more daring hustler to take advantage of the dumber hustler.
Classic  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ Enigma, I heard chris O say Christ was not resurrected by the Holy Spirit years back
Did he actually also deliver your signature i.e. No where is it written in the New Testament that 'his god' says for him to obey? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Enigma(m): 3:53pm On Nov 08, 2011
^^^ Verily I tell ye, Oyakhilome says "nowhere in the New Testament are we told to obey God".

Enjoy https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-704762.0.html

cool
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 08, 2011
frosbel:

Simple, an abuse of something good.
Nigeria is a corrupt country and this plague has now found its way into the church.

You need to strip away the veneer, here, to arrive at a better understanding.
Who funded those Scripture Unions?
Who provided those widely circulated Gideon bibles which set kith against kin, as African students began a quest for none-existent puritanical values?

I had no problems with SU in the good ol' days.
SU's were known for their simple lifestyle and simple gospel message.
And you are not making sense by saying it arrested the development of African universities, I was never an SU , but at UI which I attended , many lecturers and students were born again and excelled in all areas of their lives, we had a healthy debating culture and were socially very stable.

Not a small number of those lecturers head mega churches today. Dig?
The arrested development I speak of is evident in the dearth of philosophy and also the bastardization of African principles which reached its zenith in that period.

The Origin of Mega Churches was in America and started in the 1950s and especially in the 90s with the advent of the internet and Television. It was not that crazy to be gin with though not biblical, until greed pervaded entire congregations through so called MOG who were nothing but wolves in sheep clothing.
Now it has been exported to Nigeria and has been swallowed hook line and sinker.

The charismatics were advancing a different agenda, which set them apart from anything else that had gone on before.
If you do some research, you would find projects that were funded by the CIA.
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 08, 2011
eGuerrilla:

You need to strip away the veneer, here, to arrive at a better understanding.
Who funded those Scripture Unions?
Who provided those widely circulated Gideon bibles which set kith against kin, as African students began a quest for none-existent puritanical values?

Missionaries of course

What is wrong with circulating gideon bibles.

I suspect you are some boko haram or mary worshipping person  grin

Bibles should and must be distributed worldwide to propagate the message of Christ.

Not a small number of those lecturers head mega churches today. Dig?

Dig what  undecided

The arrested development I speak of is evident in the dearth of philosophy and also the bastardization of African principles which reached its zenith in that period.

What school did you attend , because I am beginning to suspect your logic.

Many Christians studied philosophy in schools during this same period and this in no way affected their belief.

What do you mean by African principles, I hope you do not mean, bowing to idols , killing witches and twins , human sacrifice and other despicable practises.

The charismatics were advancing a different agenda, which set them apart from anything else that had gone on before.

Yes and I am 1000% in support for the agenda, Christ must be preached to the 4 corners of the world, it is our duty.

If you do some research, you would find projects that were funded by the CIA.

Another Alex Jones fanatic  grin
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 08, 2011
frosbel:

Missionaries of course
What is wrong with circulating gideon bibles.
I suspect you are some boko haram or mary worshipping person  grin
Bibles should and must be distributed worldwide to propagate the message of Christ.

So anyone who offers a different view from hereon is aligned to Boko Haram?
Herein lies irrefutable proof of arrested development? grin

Dig what 
I don't do circular discussions.
It is clear that despite your earlier pretensions on this thread, you have been sailing close to the wind and cannot see what is obvious. I am not sure I can do much to help you in this regard.
What is irrefutable though - whether you dig or not - is the recruitment model employed earlier on by some universities lecturers  - your later day Men of God (MOGs).

What school did you attend , because I am beginning to suspect your logic.
Go on, stifle any further discussion using diversionary tactics that are, at best, infantile.

Many Christians studied philosophy in schools during this same period and this in no way affected their belief.
Don't make me laugh!

What do you mean by African principles, I hope you do not mean, bowing to idols , killing witches and twins , human sacrifice and other despicable practises.
Yes and I am 1000% in support for the agenda, Christ must be preached to the 4 corners of the world, it is our duty.
Another Alex Jones fanatic  grin
Am I correct is assuming you believe your Man of God (MOG) also raises the dead?
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by moshoodn(m): 4:54pm On Nov 08, 2011
Let us pray. . .
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Lovine: 5:01pm On Nov 08, 2011
Man of God thank you. You have spoken my mind the so called churches have missed the track and are following fables. Even these leaders know that they are deceiving their members. But the members because they have not known Christ they believe what ever they tell them. Every true conversion to Christ comes through the preaching of the gospel not through healing, deliverance, etc. Christians should wake up and know that what is important is our personal relationship with God not our pastors. Bible said in 1 Jn. 4;1 to test the spirits ( test which power they are using and their lifestyles, also in the last day false prophets will go into the world. Where are they now? Through the world of internet, cables and prints. THINK THINK AND THINK
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 08, 2011
Anyone here saw the movie LEAP OF FAITH ?  grin grin  i think those guys watched that movie and said to themselves "wait a minute" i can apply this thing in real life and it will work. i think its the same thing happening here, exploiting the ignorant.
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Kay1kay1(m): 5:08pm On Nov 08, 2011
Think the Lord will commence His judgement( not the last day judgment) with Al-quaeda and co? Not likely. He'd get rid of these horde of deceivers claiming to work for Him first.
Nigerians are quick to point out the root of the problem to the Americans, the CIA et al. I think we 're the problem. We condone materialism.
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2011
Kay1kay1:

Think the Lord will commence His judgement( not the last day judgment) with Al-quaeda and co? Not likely. He'd get rid of these horde of deceivers claiming to work for Him first.
Nigerians are quick to point out the root of the problem to the Americans, the CIA et al. I think we 're the problem. We condone materialism.

I mentioned the CIA and not Americans or even the U.S government - there is some difference.
You may note that I have also restricted myself to a discussion on charismatic churches, in line with the trust of Conrad Mbewe's narrative.
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by na2day(m): 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2011
The blogger is simply jealous, maybe some Nigerian pastors have taken some members of his church!  grin
You could see the venom against Nigerians in his words.
A bloody racist!
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 08, 2011
na2day!:

The blogger is simply jealous, maybe some Nigerian pastors have taken some members of his church!  grin
A bloody racist!

The blogger was quite gracious actually. wink
I begin this blog by apologising to all my Nigerian brothers and sisters for its title. At first sight it is rather offensive, but I hope that as you read on you will see why I elected to still use it as a title
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Feraz(m): 5:47pm On Nov 08, 2011
Kay1kay1:

word. . . . . . .
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by plaetton: 6:38pm On Nov 08, 2011
eGuerrilla:

I mentioned the CIA and not Americans or even the U.S government - there is some difference.
You may note that I have also restricted myself to a discussion on charismatic churches, in line with the trust of Conrad Mbewe's narrative.

In support of what you are saying:
The Guyana tragedy of 1978 was a classic CIA experiment to demostrate new techniques of brain-washing economical depraved people using charismatic christianity. It was a great success. They just had to kill all the guinea pigs at the end to cover their tracks.
Very soon after, Evangelical fervor begin to increase and multiply in third world nations.
Has anyone noticed a pattern or corrolation, and the intertwined relationship between The Structural Adjustment Programs(SAP) sold to third world nations like Nigeria by the IMF and the meteoric upsurge in evangelical christianity soon after? SAP and Pentecostalism are twin tools used ensure permanent enslavement.
SAP destroys economies and turns people into slaves in their own nations without the chains of olden times, and then evangelics move in to enslave their minds with their toxic bling bling theology.
Open your eyes and see the pattern.

There is a good reason why advanced nations in europe and north America do not teach religion in their public schools.
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by johndavid1(m): 6:57pm On Nov 08, 2011
na2day!:

A bloody racist!
E fit be true ooo
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 08, 2011
plaetton:

In support of what you are saying:
The Guyana tragedy of 1978 was a classic CIA experiment to demostrate new techniques of brain-washing economical depraved people using charismatic christianity. It was a great success. They just had to kill all the guinea pigs  at the end to cover their tracks.
Very soon after, Evangelical fervor begin to increase and multiply in third world nations.
Has anyone noticed a pattern or corrolation, and the intertwined relationship between The Structural Adjustment Programs(SAP) sold to third world nations like Nigeria by the IMF and the meteoric upsurge  in evangelical christianity soon after? SAP and Pentecostalism are twin tools used ensure permanent  enslavement.
SAP destroys economies and turns people into slaves in their own nations without the chains of olden times, and then evangelics move in to enslave their minds with their toxic bling bling theology.
Open  your eyes and see the pattern.

There is a good reason why advanced nations in europe and north America do not teach religion in their public schools.

Did I not tell you to stop spending your entire time on conspiracy theory sites  undecided

Alex Jones is milking people like you who refuse to carry out independent unbaised research on these matters .
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by plaetton: 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2011
i wish for once in your life that you could offer intelligent refutations to any points I raise rather your cowardly hit and run tactics.

If you feel I goofed,kindly offer your rebuttals. I am here to learn.
Re: Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 08, 2011
I smell a rat. @op i dont get your purpose of posting this thread, please enlighten me, is it only Nigeria pastors that preach about prosperity? If the money for the church activities are not raised by the members, then who will raise it? You are just a 'racist'. And please tell me, is Nigeria more corrupt than U.K, Japan, U.S.A etc. It is as clear as crystal that you are not just stu.pid, but also foolish.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Audio Messages / Why There Can't Be Evidence For God / ''born Again'' -what Did Jesus Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.