Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Compare The Prices Of Suv Cleared Via Cotonue And Apapa/tincan - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Compare The Prices Of Suv Cleared Via Cotonue And Apapa/tincan (4296 Views)

CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT @ APAPA TINCAN PORT LAGOS / CALL FOR ALL YOUR CLEARING JOBS VIA TINCAN ISLAND AND APAPA / Pre-0rder From USA and Canada Via Cotonue -- Attached**VIDEO**@@ Continued (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compare The Prices Of Suv Cleared Via Cotonue And Apapa/tincan by helpee(m): 4:47am On Nov 07, 2011
Pls help me make an informed decision. Why should I wait for two month waiting for a preorder from america when I can get it cheaper from cotonue in less than 3days or is it not cheaper? Pls note I intend paying my custom duty wether cotonue or tincan. Pls let's compare the prices.       Toyota highlander 2008.   Nissan pathfinder 2005. Toyota Rav 4 2007. 2008/09 pilot.  Delers in both cotonue and preorder section quote your genuine landing cost to lagos pls with genuine custom papers as I intend following you to custom office if itis cotonue to ensure the papers are genuine
Re: Compare The Prices Of Suv Cleared Via Cotonue And Apapa/tincan by KunleA2(m): 9:32am On Nov 07, 2011
Hi,

The issue that you raised is an age old question. which one comes first? the chicken or the egg. In my opinion, THERE IS NO WAY COTONOU CARS CAN BE CHEAPER WITHOUT CUTTING CORNERS!

Let me explain:

If the car you are buying from cotonue is an american spec. Let say it was bought in New York. The dealer in NY does not care where its shipping to. Iraq? Libya? Egypt? Nigeria? etc. He will sell for what he wants to sell for.

Shipping from NY to either Cotonue or Lagos cost about the same price. Upon getting to Cotonue, you will clear customs and if you intend to pay full customs duty in Nigeria, it will amount to about the same. Nigeria customs will value the car as a 2008 Highlander regardless of where its coming from.

So you will end up paying 2 duties.

In my opinion, the only way(s) it can be cheaper are:

The car is salvaged
Customs duty were not fully paid.
Mileage is rolled back.
Or all/any combination of above.

Why should you pre-order if you can?

You can actually see the car before it ships. You can confirm mileage, history etc before you buy it.

You actually get what you paid for.

Waiting 6-8 weeks pales in comparison to anything if you get the right car which is problem free.

Thanks for reading.

Regards
Re: Compare The Prices Of Suv Cleared Via Cotonue And Apapa/tincan by helpee(m): 6:08pm On Nov 07, 2011
Thanks so much. I am a newbie in the auto world so regardless of how age_long the question might be it is very relevant to me. Can somebody that knows more about the cotonue side also let us hear their own side of the story. Maybe clearing in cotonue is free such that we will only pay custom duty at the nigerian border. There must be an explanation. The highest quote I got from cotonue for 05 pathfinder is 2.3 paper inclusive while preorder's least price is 3million. All these vehicles can't be salvaged. There must be an explanation somwhere
Re: Compare The Prices Of Suv Cleared Via Cotonue And Apapa/tincan by KunleA2(m): 9:57pm On Nov 07, 2011
How can clearing in cotonue be free? undecided

all the customs and all just working for nothing?

Clearing a 2005 Pathfinder in Lagos will be about 350k

Minus that from the N2.3 quote you get. That leaves N1.95

Roughly $12,000 to buy, ship, clear and make profit on the 2005.

The seller will make profit. So as the agent buying for you.

Somebody WILL cut corners somewhere. You guess who!

Check the internet and see how much a 2005 Pathfinder goes for.

Even the base ones with good mileage.

Don't even get started on leather, DVD, Navigation, 4X4

Good luck!
Re: Compare The Prices Of Suv Cleared Via Cotonue And Apapa/tincan by inspiredm(m): 10:21pm On Nov 07, 2011
If You Buy a Car in Cotonou and You Want Genuine Clearing, The Car will End Up Much More Expensive Compared to Buying in Lagos

You will be Paying Customs Clearing Duties to 2 Countries, Rep. of Benin and Nigeria.

Your Vehicle Cannot Leave the Park in Cotonou if Benin Customs Duties Are Not Paid. ( You cant Smuggle Out of the Park )

When your vehicle gets to the Border You will have to Pay Nigeria Customs Duty ( Makes 2 Customs Duty payment ).

Most Vehicles from Cotonou are Smuggled through the Nigerian Borders, They don't Pay Nigerian Customs Duty, the Difference of Not Paying Nigerian Customs Duty is what reflects on the Landing Cost, that makes them appear Cheaper in the real essence they are not.
Re: Compare The Prices Of Suv Cleared Via Cotonue And Apapa/tincan by helpee(m): 11:11pm On Nov 07, 2011
Na wah oh! The fact that all those dealers from cotonue axis are keeping quiet suggest that kunle and inspired are right. Yet many of them promised me genuine papers at ridiculous prices. Does that mean they were planning to get me fake papers?
Re: Compare The Prices Of Suv Cleared Via Cotonue And Apapa/tincan by KunleA2(m): 11:17pm On Nov 07, 2011
fake papers all the way!

you might as well import the car yourself straight to Nigeria and be rest assured.

if you are caught with a 2005 pathy without customs paper,

na you go pay the officer's child school fees grin
Re: Compare The Prices Of Suv Cleared Via Cotonue And Apapa/tincan by inspiredm(m): 11:19pm On Nov 07, 2011
helpee:

Na wah oh! The fact that all those dealers from cotonue axis are keeping quiet suggest  that kunle and inspired are right. Yet many of them promised me genuine papers at ridiculous prices. Does that mean they were planning to get me fake papers?

It has Never Been a Secret So its Nothing to be Quiet about

Cotonou is a Fantastic Place to Buy vehicles, In-fact they have More Cars For Sale than the Whole Of Lagos BUT Most Vehicles Bought from, Cotonou are Smuggled into Nigeria, that is the Only Way to Save Cost.

Some Buyers are Aware and they Don't Mind as long as they can save Some Money.
Re: Compare The Prices Of Suv Cleared Via Cotonue And Apapa/tincan by inspiredm(m): 11:21pm On Nov 07, 2011
Kunle-A:

fake papers all the way!

you might as well import the car yourself straight to Nigeria and be rest assured.

if you are caught with a 2005 pathy without customs paper,

na you go pay the officer's child school fees
  grin

Pray the Car is ENGRAVED, if its Not, the Rest na History, They will Auction it to themselves for 30,000 Naira  cheesy
Re: Compare The Prices Of Suv Cleared Via Cotonue And Apapa/tincan by KunleA2(m): 11:31pm On Nov 07, 2011
if you will be driving locally (i don't know your area) you MIGHT be lucky not to encounter customs for about 2 years which might put you in a safe zone but at the same time, customs are encroaching farther and farther inland these days.

One day be one day,

Imagine that your vehicle was seized last friday and you can even begin the process of retrieving it until wed!

You were dislodged on your way from mosque with wifey and pikins!!!

Your iyawo to tell you all the stories your papa and mama never tell you since you were born grin grin
Re: Compare The Prices Of Suv Cleared Via Cotonue And Apapa/tincan by Emperoh(m): 12:17am On Nov 08, 2011
Poster

If it's too good to be true, then it's not true!
Be sure u know what u are getting. . . . and then determine if u are comfortable with it.

Go to American auto sites were these cars come from
and see what the pricing is!!!

That should give u an idea!!
Re: Compare The Prices Of Suv Cleared Via Cotonue And Apapa/tincan by helpee(m): 6:01am On Nov 08, 2011
What is the exchange rate of cefa to dollars ? Maybe that's where the advantage come from? Naira to dollar is nothing to write home about and that may make the pre order to be expensive. If cefa to dollar is cheap that may make the cotonue option a viable option. Imagine if the dollar to naira is 100naira most of us will still be able to save about 500K on a 2million naira vehicle. Maybe that's the secret I'm just guessing
Re: Compare The Prices Of Suv Cleared Via Cotonue And Apapa/tincan by occam(m): 10:32pm On Nov 08, 2011
Kunle-A:

if you will be driving locally (i don't know your area) you MIGHT be lucky not to encounter customs for about 2 years which might put you in a safe zone but at the same time, customs are encroaching farther and farther inland these days.

One day be one day,

Imagine that your vehicle was seized last friday and you can even begin the process of retrieving it until wed!

You were dislodged on your way from mosque with wifey and pikins!!!

Your iyawo to tell you all the stories your papa and mama never tell you since you were born grin grin

true talk bro. wen katakata bust, na dat day iyawo go remind you say na N30 you pay for bride price grin So guys don't think cheap when buying cars

(1) (Reply)

FOR SALE: Honda End Of Discussion 2005 : 08169247564, 08037761082 1 Million / Very Clean Lexus RX350 Full Options 2008 Toks #4.5M 08096577304 / ❌❌SOLD SOLD SOLD❌❌2008 Tokunbo Benz C300 Available For 4M In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.