Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Vb6 To .net Converter - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Vb6 To .net Converter (959 Views)

Login Code In Vb6.0 / Install Vb6 Application On Android / Help me convert this Vb6.0 code To Vb.net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vb6 To .net Converter by squeezy(m): 11:13am On Sep 18, 2007
hello,
in serious need of help,new to the prog world.
created a software in vb6.0 and need to convert it to .net
pls who can help out wit a converter or who knows how i could go about this

suggestions would be deeply appreciated

thanx a lot
Re: Vb6 To .net Converter by Fdeveloper(m): 6:10pm On Sep 18, 2007
Visual Studio comes with a built in converter however due to the significant differences between VB6 and .NET there is no converter that is able to do a full migration. In my opnion you would be better off redesigning and rewriting the application and thus making use of the OOP (Object Oriented Programming) features in .NET
Re: Vb6 To .net Converter by Kobojunkie: 9:23pm On Sep 18, 2007
Converter's usually help reduce stress but sometimes, if you are not pretty familiar to the language you are converting to, you might be better off doing it all on your own. Check the links below, I am sure one of them at least would offer you information that will help.

http://www.codeproject.com/vb/net/Migration.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_Basic_.NET

KoboJunkie
Re: Vb6 To .net Converter by squeezy(m): 12:39pm On Sep 19, 2007
i appreciate the luv shown by ur replies
im now looking at developing my application from scratch using visual studio 2005, im just looking at the time spent and the time im now going to spend on the same application, but i guess a prog's work is never over even when its over, hope i made sense there
anyways
ill post my progress soonest
ur boi
squeezy

(1) (Reply)

Php Mail() To Yahoo Inbox Help Needed Please! / Please Where Can I Buy A Book That Teaches Me How To Code In Lagos And The Name / Nigeria, The 8th Internet User In The Global Market Opportunity - Jan 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.