Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

I Am Tired Of Going To Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Tired Of Going To Church (17545 Views)

Poll: Am i in order?

Yes: 44% (55 votes)
No: 45% (57 votes)
Undecided: 9% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2011
Anybody going through this same thing? I mean, there is so much false teachings these days. A pastor tries to switch things in the bible to suit his purpose.Too much idolization of an ordinary man just because he started a church.

I love God and want to serve him in spirit and in truth. I want to read my bible and other christian books by myself at home. I want to pray on my own and watch channels like TBN where i can screen the types of messages i hear. I don't mind home fellowship with like minds. I'm just tired of structured church setup.

As far as i'm concerned, orthodox, white garment, pentecostal etc are all the same.

Please fellow Christians, hope i ain't wrong?

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2011
There are still good churches in town.

Prayerfully seek them.

But remember that even in the church you attend, there will always be those are sincere in their love for God and his word. Associate with such people, have small meetings at home or any quiet place. You can even go out for a meal and share the word of God and pray together.

Remember fellowship =growth , lack of fellowship= death.

God bless you and help you in your search.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2011
Many thanks to frosbel. The thing is can't i seek and commune with God by myself? I don't believe God loves others more than me. If he can touch others directly then he can touch me too.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Sirniyeh(m): 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2011
Gaagi, you are weldone. If 1000 people advice you on your decision, they will not talk beyond the level of their spiritual understanding. So follow what your mind tells you since you are not involve in evil. The truth is, all practices in all churches are human inventions. Trash! Think of it, Idol worshippers face iron and their prayers answered. Muslim nack head on the groung and prayer answered, even over 200 religions in the world have their style and yet prayers anwered. It is all about aligning your mind to influence the spiritual realm. If you dont go to church it is not a sin. Infact, people misplace the worship for dancing yahooze in the church. Trash! Pls dont be deceived, just ensure you associate yourself with right thinking people. It is human thought that makes him spiritual. Remember: whatever a man imagines, he can achieve it. Prayer is answered through right thinking. Goodluck
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2011
@Gaggi,
jhfkjfhjhjjkfdklmjfhbhrjkmr,nhjbnnf,m,mfmfnmfnrbf,rgmlmkfnjebdmn,fmkenf fnnjfcmnrfmnhjfbnf,mnre,fmr,mrjnrrjiroir.

sorry i was typing in tongues but i hope you understand it, if you don't then follow the voice of ur mind and stop following churches.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by kelz88(f): 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2011
This is why I would rather remain the Roman Catholic that I am than go to a Pentecostal church. I have been to a few though, on invitation. They seem to preach miracle rather than salvation.
And all the pastors seem to do is acquire more and more wealth rather than help the poor congregation, let alone non-members.

I hardly go to church but I know I am way better than most regular church goers.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by cashmentor(m): 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2011
I am a Catholic and will die a Catholic, just follow your heart and ask God to direct you,
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2011
cashmentor:

I am a Catholic and will die a Catholic, just follow your heart and ask God to direct you,

Catholics, i won't even go there. If u knw the things happening in the catholic church. Was once there.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by kelz88(f): 5:29pm On Nov 10, 2011
Please enlighten me.

I am only aware of the sexual crap going on in some parishes.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by JeSoul(f): 5:32pm On Nov 10, 2011
frosbel:

There are still good churches in town.

Prayerfully seek them.

But remember that even in the church you attend, there will always be those are sincere in their love for God and his word. Associate with such people, have small meetings at home or any quiet place. You can even go out for a meal and share the word of God and pray together.

Remember fellowship =growth , lack of fellowship= death.

God bless you and help you in your search.

Frosbel's advice is 100% on point.

Gaggi:

Many thanks to frosbel. The thing is can't i seek and commune with God by myself? I don't believe God loves others more than me. If he can touch others directly then he can touch me too.
Yes you absolutely can - however this must not be confused with fellowship & communion with other brethren which is also very important.

You seek God and His knowledge on your own - you fellowship & commune with other believers to 1strengthen your faith & keep you accountable, 2serve them in their spiritual & physical needs, 3use your spiritual gifts among them to the glory of God & edification of the brethren. It must not be a 'structured' church, you can also find a solid group of strong, mature believers and plant yourself firmly amongst them. You need to be part of a 'church' - which is simply defined as a group of believers - working to build one another and glorify God with their lives.

I wish you well brother.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Joagbaje(m): 5:57pm On Nov 10, 2011
@op

Gaggi:

Anybody going through this same thing? I mean, there is so much false teachings these days. A pastor tries to switch things in the bible to suit his purpose.Too much idolization of an ordinary man just because he started a church.

How much of the bible do you know to descern false teaching. How do you know a false teaching? It takes knowledge of the Word to discern. Not just personal fleshly feeling. Satan can make people discouraged with flimsy excuses.

I love God and want to serve him in spirit and in truth. I want to read my bible and other christian books by myself at home.

Hebrews 10:25
25 Let us not neglect our church meetings, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near.

Please fellow Christians, hope i ain't wrong?
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 10, 2011
Joagbaje:

Hebrews 10:25
25 Let us not neglect our church meetings, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near.

Encourage and warm each other with false doctrines? I don't need to be a pastor to know some messages are being misinterpreted. Too much materialism and politics in the house of God.

Will i go to hell if i sit at home and serve God?
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Joagbaje(m): 6:50pm On Nov 10, 2011
^^^^
let's take it that Theres false doctrine in your church, why don't you find a better church? The bible clearly states we must attend fellowship together. If you can't that ,you've already believed a false doctrine against the word of God. It's the devil that tries to isolate a christian from the rest of the body . Theres a purpose in God for you and we need the body of which you're a member. You have a role in the church, others have roles in your life.

1 Corinthians 12:21
21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

Going to church is not a social gathering . It's a spiritual obedience. It goes beyond feelings. And you need the ministry of a pastor. So if the place you are not being fed where you are, ask God to lead you to a church where you can be well fed and grow. He will lead you. But not to stay at home.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Sirniyeh(m): 7:44pm On Nov 10, 2011
Nairaland is a forum that exposes people IQ. There is a ladder that connects heaven and earth, the ladder that Angel ascend and descend. This ladder is not found in the bible. It is found in human mind. So human mind is the most expensive treasure on earth. But if this mind stays too long under an oppression, preachings, teachings, environment etc the mind gets obssessed, captivated, disconnected, obscured and begin to affect thinking faculty. So what people post in this forum is a reflective of what obssesed their mind. That's whhy i say no body is intelligent to know how foolish he is until he faces the nemesis. Gaagi, as I've said earlier follow your mind. Whatever you believe, hold on to it! Because the greatest truth in life is not found in bible
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by chrisj2000(m): 8:33pm On Nov 10, 2011
pls don't be
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 10, 2011
I'm not a spiritual prostitute but i have been in a number of churches.

Anglican----- the pastor brought his mistress to be living in same hse with his wife. He was later suspended but i lost faith.

Catholic---------rich men are made knights. Men with more than one wives. Known thieving politicians are knighted too.

CE--------too much idolizing of Chris. They even give u target to meet, all in the name of sowing seed.

RCCG---------pastor was paying 120k/mth to rent a hall when we had a building half completed. Abandoned our branch when we ran out of funds.

MFM--------never went there but my folks did. One of their pastors vamoozed with church money.

Cele----went there when i was a kid but even at that age i knew these guys were fraudsters. grin

I know that there is no perfect church. The more reason why i shouldn't let imperfect people teach me wrong doctrines.
God knows i will always serve him till i die but i will never see any pastor as better and holier than me again.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:00pm On Nov 10, 2011
revert to the Gods of your tribe, for only there will you find true contentment. right now, your soul is like that of a supressed hungry beast.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Joagbaje(m): 10:58pm On Nov 10, 2011
Gaggi:

I'm not a spiritual LovePeddler but i have been in a number of churches.

Anglican----- the pastor brought his mistress to be living in same hse with his wife. He was later suspended but i lost faith.

Catholic---------rich men are made knights. Men with more than one wives. Known thieving politicians are knighted too.

CE--------too much idolizing of Chris. They even give u target to meet, all in the name of sowing seed.

RCCG---------pastor was paying 120k/mth to rent a hall when we had a building half completed. Abandoned our branch when we ran out of funds.

MFM--------never went there but my folks did. One of their pastors vamoozed with church money.

Cele----went there when i was a kid but even at that age i knew these guys were fraudsters. grin

I know that there is no perfect church. The more reason why i shouldn't let imperfect people teach me wrong doctrines.
God knows i will always serve him till i die but i will never see any pastor as better and holier than me again.

There's difference between doctrinal error and a man's personal failings. If for example mfm pastor vamoose with church money, it's his personal sin. Does that means it's a doctrine of that church? Does every pastor there vamoose? When the pastor vamoosed is that not a more reason for you to stay ? Since that "bad guy" had gone.

I think you should be more concerned about what the word says that your own laws. If a leader makes a personal mistake ,it should not affect your steadfastness so long as he teaches truth.

Matthew 23:2-3
2 The scribes and Pharisees sit on Moses'seat [of authority]. 3 So observe and practice all they tell you; but do not do what they do, for they preach, but do not practice.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by wetu: 2:14am On Nov 11, 2011

2 The scribes and Pharisees sit on Moses'seat [of authority]. 3 So observe and practice all they tell you; but do not do what they do, for they preach, but do not practice.

Hahahahaha Joe, those people were under the law!

the new testament says:

1Ti 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
1Ti 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 11, 2011
Joagbaje:

There's difference between doctrinal error and a man's personal failings. If for example mfm pastor vamoose with church money, it's his personal sin. Does that means it's a doctrine of that church? Does every pastor there vamoose? When the pastor vamoosed is that not a more reason for you to stay ? Since that "bad guy" had gone.

I think you should be more concerned about what the word says that your own laws.  If a leader makes a personal mistake ,it should not affect your steadfastness so long as he teaches truth.

You are making sense sir. It's just that it can get discouraging when the people you see as role models are as weak as you, if not weaker.
I will give this some more thoughts as i see some wisdom in what you've said. Thanks
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Nobody: 6:10am On Nov 11, 2011
wetu:

Hahahahaha Joe, those people were under the law!

the new testament says:

1Ti 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
1Ti 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

The bible has verses to defend any interpretations we want. that is why pastors manipulate it to suit their selfish ends.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by cashmentor(m): 6:27am On Nov 11, 2011
Gaggi:

Catholics, i won't even go there. If u knw the things happening in the catholic church. Was once there.
What is happening in the Catholic Church, that only you seems 2 know my dear?
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by clemcykul(f): 9:32am On Nov 11, 2011
poster am inviting you to watchman catholic charismatic renewal movement in ur vicinity. try it out.

dont  loose hope, the Holy Bible warned us about the end times and the prowling of false prophets, let your heart not faint. .there are still good churches around and there is joy in fellowship with fellow xians.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by 9jafreak: 9:33am On Nov 11, 2011
[size=16pt] @ Poster:

I am at the same point in my Spiritual Walk with God. I have experimented with the notions of ATHEISM and AGNOSTICISM (to be sure, atheists are agnostics are the best critics of Organized Religion, Christianity, Islam, etc. but of course not of themselves) , and after reading virtually all the major arguments, I concluded that a FAITH in God is crucial (particularly because of my own personal experience, and also because becoming an atheist or agnostic (the Neutral Guy) does solve anything. It's spiritual death, ignorance and arrogance all in one.

So what to do? I stayed (and will always do even if an Angel of Light supposedly advise against it) I stay away from the Mainstream Church, Mainstream Gospel Music and so on.

There is a brother called Bro. Gbile Akanni. He is not a pastor just a brother. You can read his books. Even pastor Adeboye shrinks before him. He calls him the Apostle from Heaven.

Fellowship with like-minded believers once you find them (could be 2 or three therebaout). Remember that the Mass Church is NOT going to Heaven (Matthew 23 & 24) as they continue to Broaden the Narrow Way to accomodate more non-thinking, church-happy, non-Berean, indoctrinated Christians without genuine love for God's Person.

Also Notice that JESUS STAYED AWAY FROM THE MAINSTREAM CHURCH of His time.

Stay Away.

It's the ONLY WAY TO KEEP ONE'S SANITY THESE DAYS

And be strong!
[/size]
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by gl450: 9:37am On Nov 11, 2011
Well your challenges are not new, but i will not want to dwell on events that might have made you come to this conclusions, the real challenges is if you get to know and understand who you are in Christ Jesus, if you get a revelation of CHRIST in YOU ( I am assuming you are Born Again, and you have at some point got to know what it means). if you are Born Again, your life is not really about what church you go to or what "others" are doing within or outside the body of Christ; when you stand before the judgement sit of Christ, He is not going to ask you all that. one question i can guarantee he will ask you, did you live your life for me or did you live for yourself or did you live by what others are doing?

Get to spend time with praying in the spirit about you Purpose in this Earth, not so much about what church you go to (i can only imagine this is a babyish question in the first place)

The early disciples did not  really care much about church structure as it is today, there focus was LIVING for Jesus and getting the World to know Jesus, in the process they had fellowship, communion , training and growth by the WORK and by the Directions of the Spirit of God.

if you are fed up with the systems you see around, then start one, (its is very easy to sit on the arms chair and second guess a live operations of others, i hope you understand what that means)

You are a child of GOD, that is why the things you see around you is stirring something in you, follow that stir and discover your destiny, maybe what you are uncomfortable about is what you are meant to change. start now, preach and setup your own group that minsters the GRACE, LOVE, FELLOWSHIP and PERSON of the LORD JESUS CHRIST, you will never go wrong with that.

Bless You
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by chiteny(m): 9:39am On Nov 11, 2011
^^^^
let's take it that Theres false doctrine in your church, why don't you find a better church? The bible clearly states we must attend fellowship together. If you can't that ,you've already believed a false doctrine against the word of God. It's the devil that tries  to isolate a christian from the rest of the body . Theres a purpose in God for you and we need the body of which you're a member. You have a role in the church, others have roles in your life.

1 Corinthians 12:21
21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

Going to church is not a social gathering . It's a spiritual obedience. It goes beyond feelings. And you need the ministry of a pastor. So if the place you are not being fed where you are, ask God to lead you to a church where you can be well fed and grow. He will lead you. But not to stay at home.

Mr. Joagbaje, Sir pls does someone necessarily have to leave his house to a big building where there are many people gathered before it is said that he is going to fellowship? I am writing this with respect to your comment in bold as shown above. Can the 2 or 3 gathered in my house to worship and praise God also be referred to as fellowshipping with the brethren?
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by 9jafreak: 9:43am On Nov 11, 2011
[size=14pt]From my forthcoming book:[/size]

The Mainstream Church has no interest in village evangelism, ministering to rural places or taking care of the common people like Jesus did (Jesus spent almost His entire ministry in small places and among the common people. And when He showed up in the Mainstream Church in Jerusalem, He kicked out the capitalists and overturned their tables. The Church, mad with fury, ganged up against Him and barely a week later, He was already hanging on the Cross. His charges: heresy, blasphemy, treason, and anarchy.
“This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.”
(Matthew 26:61, King James Version)

Anything that is anti-mainstream Christianity is considered to be heresy. To suppose or prophesy about the coming destruction of the modern churches is not only preposterous, it’s pure fallacy! Christians do not read wide and extensive (and in some cases are forbidden from so doingwink but are glued indefinitely to their “anointed celebrities”. Most Christians are just as myopic as their preachers: "My pastor says. My bishop says. My father in the Lord says. The pope says. The arch bishop says." and so on. No personal study of the life of Jesus. No personal study of the Word of God and the world of men and what one says about the other and the other about one.  The Mainstream Churches only talk about Jesus at the “Entry Gate”. Once you are in, it's church doctrines and sensational revelations. Jesus is subsided and quoted purely out of convenience. There is in no single mainstream church I know that places true emphasis on personal experience. It's church! Church! Church! And more church!
“Come to church”! “Why are you not in church”?  “You need to really consider going to church”! “God is calling you” — to come to church! “We are going to have church!”
The Mega Church! The Church of God! The Church of Jesus Christ! The Church of Jehovah! Church of the Living God! More and More Church! Endless Church! Absolute insanity!
Nothing more than religion. Indoctrination. Mass delusion and confusion which in turn culminates in different denominations and ultimately makes it easy to justify every single act of exploitation!

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Iyykanu: 9:45am On Nov 11, 2011
I am catholic and will die a catholic, nearest church I might attend is Anglican/Presbyterian/Methodist. Any church established by an individual is his private estate. When he dies, he wills it to his family like Idahosa ,the wife took over, Anayo Iluputaife to Nkechi, Oduyemi of Bethel  to wife.

Any catholic priest that starts acquiring and amassing personal wealth,  we petition and the person stops climbing the altar, a priest owns nothing, wife, children, he is given everything on freewill, if he dies they all stay in the parish.

The catholic was bold enough to apologise to Galileo's family in 92. Can the so-called new breed arrogant churches that claim that they have breakfast every morning with Jesus do that.

Catholic churches all over lagos are now jam packed. Some parishes have increased their services from 3 to 5 yet no space.Those , that ran saying all sorts, after being deceived are back. But I advise them to re-possess their faith by opening declaring "the Nicene Creed), "I believe , "

Few years, some left catholic and joined CPA and they burnt by Rev DR King, HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by ichuka(m): 9:52am On Nov 11, 2011
@op
Look up at the Heavens and see;
gaze at the clouds so high above you.If you sin,how does that affect Him?
If your sins are many,what does that do to Him?
If you are Righteou,what do you give to Him,or what does He receive from your hand?
Your wickedness affects only a man like yourself,and your Righteousness only the sons of men.(Job35:5-cool.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by wendybaby(f): 9:56am On Nov 11, 2011
I LOVE GOING TO CHURCH. cheesy cheesy    I LOVE TO WORSHIP GOD, DANCE AND PRAISE HIM!
I JUST CANT GET THE SAME FEELING ELSEWHERE.  HE IS AWESOME.
AND I THANK GOD FOR WISDOM.  KNOWING WHEN AM BEING DECEIVED.  BUT TO STOP GOING TO CHURCH?
GOD FORBID.  I WILL NEVER!!!
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Zab: 10:04am On Nov 11, 2011
Y BROTHER, DON'T LOOK AT WHAT 'MEN OF GOD ' ARE DOING. CONCENTRATE ON THE WORD. IF UNDILUTED WORD OF GOD IS PREACHED THERE STAY ON . BUT IF THE WORD IS TWISTED / SUGAR COATED TO SUIT THE CONGREGATION JUST LEAVE.

FORGET 'IT DOESN'T MATTER ' PASTORS WHO ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN MAKING MONEY WITH LARGE CONGREGATIONS. THEY CARE LESS ABOUT SALVATION OF SOULS.

BROTHER, COME TO BRIDE ASSEMBLY CHURCH IJESHA , LAGOS. AM CONVINCED THAT YOU WILL ENJOY THE UNDILUTED WORD OF GOD THEY PREACH .THEY CALL A SPADE A SPADE. AM NOT MARKETING YOU BUT FOR ONCE I SAW A PASTOR THAT FOLLOW THE BIBLE UNLIKE MAJORITY OF PASTORS THAT TEACH ACCORDING TO THE KNOWLEDGE OF THIS WORLD.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by jidewin(m): 10:04am On Nov 11, 2011
chiteny:

Mr. Joagbaje, Sir pls does someone necessarily have to leave his house to a big building where there are many people gathered before it is said that he is going to fellowship? I am writing this with respect to your comment in bold as shown above. Can the 2 or 3 gathered in my house to worship and praise God also be referred to as fellowshipping with the brethren?
Good posting bro.Although everyone too had tried their best in their own way,but this chitney to me by far is more "soothing".however to join any gathering,do so with an open unbiased mind and not necessarily based on what you 'see by sight'.
And to start a "fellowship" center,do you suppose you know the reason why there are different ministries? They have various purposes.some for healing,some for teaching,some for overseas mission,etc.have u asked urself "why I'm I to start a fellowship center?".what's the purpose.u never can tell u may need additional "training and exposure" from bible colleges,etc.
Take some time off,observe from the media which messages seemed applicable to your "gift"then perhaps,you are on the right path.
I once heard of a minister in the mission I'm a worker,RCCG. His then pastor was so nasty and vindictive he was frustrated to live having spent more than 15 years.but guess what,after a brief break rather than living he started a house fellowship center but aligned with another province entirely. Today,he has no regret for that decision as that fellowship center is now a zonal headquaters.
Shalom!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does God Favor Some People Over Others? / The Skeleton Of Goliath Found...pics / Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.