Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram (17144 Views)

Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force / T-72 Tanks Used By The Military To Destroy Boko Haram (Photos) / Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by justwise(m): 10:09am On Nov 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Easier in what sense? The US pays about as much as any other country for the barrels of oil it uses daily. The US being in Kuwait for well over a decade now has not helped provide em with Oil at a bargain. Companies like BP, Chevron, sell the oil at the same price to the US, whether it be from Nigeria or from some other country. So how does oil become EASIER to control when Nigeria, the country does not have that much control over the drilling and refining of it's oil? 

I think we need to start seeing Nigeria as it truly is . . .  for lack of a better analogy  . . . imagine an ashe-wo that has been violated, and allowed herself to be used and dumped so many times. . . .Even the ones wey dey her house don trillion-dollar ra-pe am for 50 years straight. . .  what is there to steal from her again?

Africom was formerly based in Germany, yet Germany remains a Virgin compared to Nigeria. Refer to this thread if you want to know what I have always believed of the Africom deal . . . https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-137785.0.html
GOD PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR SAYING IT THIS WAY BUT I HAVE TO SO THESE FOLKS GET IT!! grin grin grin grin

Kobojunkie:

Chevron, BP, Schlaumberger . . . . already companies based in the west and already drilling and processing oil in Nigeria. [/b]So how in the world will US steal your oil when you have had the west in your backyard since the beginning? [b] And how does this equate to INVASION the US/WEST has been training and helping train your armed forces, and police since before your mothers and fathers even thought of you?

The US/WEST has been in Nigeria for decades. . . . long before your 'conspiracy theory' minds even developed, but now you want to turn this into some story about invasion? Those of you still deluding yourselves that there is still something out there left for the WEST to steal from you, I say you snap out of that delusion. They have touched it all and you are no longer special. You are no afghanistan or Iraq. Nigeria was opened up and sliced apart back before 1960's.

You are being too generous, why are you lecturing this people for free?
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by justwise(m): 10:17am On Nov 12, 2011
Gbawe:

Which sovereign nation , these days, and with all that has transpired globally, would welcome America on it soil deployed against insurgency? The minute you 'invite' America to 'help' is the minute your Nation become the new arena to fight the "infidel imperialists" . You diasporan rabble rousers have the luxury of saying what you want but this move , in reality , will be bad for Nigeria. Boko Haram will get massive support , financial and human, from virtually every terrorist group opposed to the "imperialist" ways of the USA.

We can only imagine the potential chaos in a Nation pre-disposed poorly to confronting this type of problem because of how the basics , as per intelligence collation and adequate readiness for geurilla type warfare, are non-existent. How much success did the allies have in 'taming' Iraq or Afghanistan? I still doubt that GEJ will allow this to happen. He is not a good leader but I can't believe he is so myopic he won't see the problems this will throw up with how virtually all radical terrorists groups will then deem Nigeria , with majority muslim population according to statistics, as supportive of America's essentially "Christian crusade" ideology as popularised by George Bush Jr.

We have a large muslim population and , if this go down, it will be interpreted , even by moderate muslims, as GEJ inviting "the most anti-Islamic nation on earth" to "slaughter muslims in their own Nation".

Why not simply do what is best, easiest and far less destabilizing i.e go after the sponsors of Boko Haram you have told us are already identified to include a "former head of State"?

They are getting the support anyway even without US in Nigeria, who is training, financing and arming Boko Haram?

How many have they killed without US in Nigeria? Can we meet the demand of Boko Haram?
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 10:22am On Nov 12, 2011
GEJ should be probed for abating sponsors of terrorist groups in Nigeria, i thought he said he knows them all yet he does not want to name them? is that not abetting criminals? is that not punishable under criminal law or is GEJ bigger than the law and constitution?
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 12, 2011
Bwahahahaha!!! If this is true, northerners should begin readying their properties to move into Niger because US Drones hit fast, hard and indiscriminately.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Gbawe: 10:29am On Nov 12, 2011
justwise:

They are getting the support anyway even without US in Nigeria, who is training, financing and arming Boko Haram?

How many have they killed without US in Nigeria? Can we meet the demand of Boko Haram?

This is why I said this previously:

Why not simply do what is best, easiest and far less destabilizing i.e go after the sponsors of Boko Haram you have told us are already identified to include a "former head of State"?

I personally suspect that Iran is supporting Boko Haram. The confisticated shippment of ammunition into Nigeria was from Iran. Boko Haram is probably abetted by Al Qaeda as well. The point is that events will go 'nuclear' once American troops are officially deployed on Nigerian soil. This is what the Nigerian sponsors of Boko Haram want , i.e super chaos, and I predicted all this precisely before the elections.

Under the ensuing chaos, they will then orchestrate an effort to topple the GEJ led Government. We forget how hawkish some "born to rule" folks are. Was IBB , pretending to be a democrat and changed man ideologically, not praising military coup only two years ago? GEJ may not be willing to confront the Nigerian sponsors of boko Haram but I doubt he will play into their hand this foolishly.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200901080244.html

Daily Trust (Abuja)
Guinea: IBB Endorses Coup - Says They Are Patriots

Ayegba Israel Ebije

8 January 2009

Former Military President retired General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, who returned from Guinea yesterday, said the military coup in the West African country is timely and patriotic.

Babangida,who was in Guinea as an envoy of President Umaru Yar'adua, told the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) that the military intervention has saved the country from another theatre of human and material waste. He said the country was already polarised and tensed before the armed forces came up to save the situation.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by boyt1: 10:38am On Nov 12, 2011
whether the northerners like America or not is not important. since the so called northern groups have silently supported the BH to make the country ungovernable, then the GEJ govt. must take every step necessary to end  these terrorist BH.
we need US military intelligent and CIA support in 9ja. to fight terror. even if it will help split the country, the better.
"united we stand" was yesterday, some regions want division today.
BH has brought that revolution some Nigerians wanted.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Gbawe: 10:44am On Nov 12, 2011
boy t:

whether the northerners like America or not is not important. since the so called northern groups have silently supported the BH to make the country ungovernable, then the GEJ govt. must take every step necessary to end  these terrorist BH.
we need US military intelligent and CIA support in 9ja. to fight terror. even if it will help split the country, the better.
"united we stand" was yesterday, some regions want division today.
BH has brought that revolution some Nigerians wanted.

As you guys see it fit, let it be done. I just hope GEJ knows his 'crew' very well so that there are no Dambazau moments in future. I tend to laugh at the ignorance of many as per the reality on the ground in Nigeria. Do some of us appreciate the sheer number of Northerners in our armed forces, customs, immigration et al? Do we southerners even appreciate what the North concentrate on while we are predisposed to go into banking and white collar employment? GEJ , beyond the online Rambo chants of some of his fans, realises the enormity of what he is facing. 

Once the battle line is drawn, with Americans stationed on Nigerian soil, lets hope team GEJ are prepared bravely to go all the way to win because if the "born to rule" manage to achieve what they want and sieze control under extreme chaos, precisely what they want yet could not achieve democratically,  they will simply order the Americans out .
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by justwise(m): 10:44am On Nov 12, 2011
Gbawe:

This is why I said this previously:

I personally suspect that Iran is supporting Boko Haram. The confisticated shippment of ammunition into Nigeria was from Iran. Boko Haram is probably abetted by Al Qaeda as well. The point is that events will go 'nuclear' once American troops are officially deployed on Nigerian soil. This is what the Nigerian sponsors of Boko Haram want , i.e super chaos, and I predicted all this precisely before the elections.

Under the ensuing chaos, they will then orchestrate an effort to topple the GEJ led Government. We forget how hawkish some "born to rule" folks are. Was IBB , pretending to be a democrat and changed man ideologically, not praising military coup only two years ago? GEJ may not be willing to confront the Nigerian sponsors of boko Haram but I doubt he will play into their hand this foolishly.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200901080244.html

My point is. . . Boko Haram has caused more harm already and still going to do more, saying that US coming to Nigeria will cause more harm is not true cos Boko Haram has killed and killed even without US in Nigeria, going after Iran wouldn't stop Boko Haram from mass killing and we can't meet their demand of stop ''western'' education.

Lets not use the news of US coming to Nigeria as an avenue to push our ant-west campaign, the situation is bad already and there is no sign of it getting better.

Which oil is US coming to take? The oil in the hands of foreign companies already?
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by trimwis: 10:48am On Nov 12, 2011
they are coming for our oil again cry cry cry
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Gbawe: 10:51am On Nov 12, 2011
justwise:

My point is. . . Boko Haram has caused more harm already and still going to do more, saying that US coming to Nigeria will cause more harm is not true cos Boko Haram has killed and killed even without US in Nigeria, going after Iran wouldn't stop Boko Haram from mass killing and we can't meet their demand of stop ''western'' education.

Lets not use the news of US coming to Nigeria as an avenue to push our ant-west campaign, the situation is bad already and there is no sign of it getting better.

Which oil is US coming to take? The oil in the hands of foreign companies already?    

Have you noticed I never mentioned oil?
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Kay1kay1(m): 10:54am On Nov 12, 2011
Is it possible for it (the U.S. military) to fight without first setting up a base?  
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by PointB: 10:58am On Nov 12, 2011
If the US Army joins they fray it will be a win-win situation.

Either the political Boko Haram is destroyed or Nigeria is 'destroyed' either way it's a win for the differ components of Nigeria, who desire a divorce from the menace that is Boko Haram.

Nigeria is not as important as the the lives of it citizens.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 10:58am On Nov 12, 2011
Maybe to safeguard their "confirmed" oil source?

BTW, is this not a reason for Africom? move into the biggest black nation in Africa, then from there preach for Africom?
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by cryingbaby: 10:59am On Nov 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:Have you ever see a white-man that will help you without draining you down, Hmmmm listen to yourself how many American Assembling plant of even toy do you have in Nigeria and if the USA government didn't have hidden agenda why give warning in someone country without the authority of government and do USA make AFGHANISTAN OR IRAQ A BETTER NATION THEN AFTER INVASION.
merge:

I would not necessarily say steal oil but to make it easier to control the citizens and Nigeria. Have you  ever heard of Africom?
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by redsun(m): 11:00am On Nov 12, 2011
Hmm! Afhanistan. Nigeria is in d league of nations of fo.ols where fundamental corruption and irresponsibilities pave way to blind religious fundamentalism and subsequently to foreign invasion and occupation. Backwardness.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by justwise(m): 11:01am On Nov 12, 2011
Gbawe:

Have you noticed I never mentioned oil?

I know you haven't mentioned oil at all but each time a story like this comes up almost everybody start banging on about oil.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by PointB: 11:02am On Nov 12, 2011
We will gladly let them have an Africom Base in the SS/SE where the oil is produced if that is what it takes to unravel it all.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by sheyguy: 11:02am On Nov 12, 2011
For all celebrating and welcoming the US, be careful oh!
US coming to Nigeria does not guarantee nothing but US interest, which i strongly believe is the oil. for all we know the US could be indirectly behind BH problem, or what do u think will make GEJ so confused and helpless about BH, all we keep hearing is some pple/suspects have been apprehended somewhere. they should be given limits cos i don't want full occupation like Iraq.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by sheyguy: 11:05am On Nov 12, 2011
they know oil money can be realized quick and easily so they are going after it, France and UK have upper hand in Libya, US is only taking an opportunity any nation rightly positioned will take advantage of.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Funkymallam(m): 11:07am On Nov 12, 2011
US, pls u r not welcomed. Thnx for ur care, but we dnt need u. lipsrsealed
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by lafuria1(m): 11:09am On Nov 12, 2011
the govt shld be careful in handlin d suitaition 4 long time sake. I dont want an india pakistani rivalry in nigeria btw d south and d north. A group cud just make it a duty 2 attack d other region citin revenge 4 atrocities committed against them. Who owns d nigerian military? South or north.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by redsun(m): 11:09am On Nov 12, 2011
Na back d country take dey walk, soldier(obj)don put everybody for reverse. Long may Fela live.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by PointB: 11:10am On Nov 12, 2011
They want to help us deal with Boko Haram menace, so I say we welcome them with open arms.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 11:12am On Nov 12, 2011
they are here directly or indirectly to watch over their interest (oil and the continuous flow)
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by PointB: 11:13am On Nov 12, 2011
@La faria,
Who owned the Libya military? Quadaffi or the Libyan people?
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 11:15am On Nov 12, 2011
help? for free right? which country helps another for free nowadays?
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by PointB: 11:17am On Nov 12, 2011
Who said any about free? We'll rather pay with oil than with blood.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by justwise(m): 11:17am On Nov 12, 2011
sheyguy:

For all celebrating and welcoming the US, be careful oh!
US coming to Nigeria does not guarantee nothing but US interest, which i strongly believe is the oil. for all we know the [b]US could be indirectly behind BH problem, [/b]or what do u think will make GEJ so confused and helpless about BH, all we keep hearing is some pple/suspects have been apprehended somewhere. they should be given limits cos i don't want full occupation like Iraq.

Of course they are!! The US is behind the bombing of UN building and other killings carried out by BH, US also sponsor  al qaeda, that is why we need them to come and sort things out in Nigeria?
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 11:20am On Nov 12, 2011
PointB:

Who said any about free? We'll rather pay with oil than with blood.

Now we are getting somewhere, since they know "eradication of so called "terror group" means end to their free access to the "paid oil", would they now want to end that? put Iraq into your view (even though Iraq has to do with just removing a leader). here we are talking about different groups wrecking similar havoc in different states and spreading.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by PointB: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2011
The US also killed those people in damaturu, Jos, and elsewhere?

Spare us the fear mongering we know who the enemy is, and where they are! UP NORTH!
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 11:28am On Nov 12, 2011
^^^^

Hello Who are you responding to? this is "us military to help fight boko haram" thread, hope you know?
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Horus(m): 11:28am On Nov 12, 2011
The US government will tell you: give us free oil and we help you fight Boko Haram. This is a great deception as part of the plan to continue to go under cover of so-called war on terror by U.S. military forces to take oil and any thing else without the people of the land receiving anything but death for their land. The code name is "Africom". The US government is planing to take over Africa's wealth and remove by any means all who oppose or don't oppose to get at what ever they think they should have?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Receives His National I.D Card In His Yola Residence. Photos / COAS Buratai Breaks Fast With Troops / Tinubu, Target Of Blasphemous Campaign To Cause Religious War - Campaign Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.