Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,530 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:20 PM

Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network - Nairaland / General (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network (53405 Views)

Poll: Nairaland Charity Org

YES: 91% (150 votes)
NO: 8% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Global Helpers Alliance / Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2011
Jarus:

1, In what name are we opening the a/c? The e-Helpers Network?

Yes, or the 2nd name on the list if thats not available.

2, Will it be a corporate a/c?

Yes

3, If a corporate a/c, I think we will need documents like certificate of registration etc

Yes, its neccessary we register it as an NGO, ASAP.

4, How many signatories? Who?

[s]Jarus, Afam4eva, and 2 other very long standing (female?) members resident in Lagos[/s].
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by phermmo(m): 1:38pm On Dec 20, 2011
wao its a great idea
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 10:42am On Dec 21, 2011
I'm a firm believer of less is better hence I think that for now Jarus remains the Nigerian fund custodian, we don't need neither an account, CAC registration nor website NOW. All those formalities would only waste time,draw us away from the main motive which is to help and gulp money, and we don't have much now. IMO, let's start work with the committee we have now and as we progress and the need arises, we incorporate other things into the organization.our major and most important task now should be: who or which family would we, by Gods grace, make this xmss the best they've ever had, which widow do we help, which orphan or street kid do we pick off the street etc? Let's get started already people!!!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by hydee0k(m): 11:27am On Dec 21, 2011
ifyalways:

I'm a firm believer of less is better hence I think that for now Jarus remains the Nigerian fund custodian, we don't need neither an account, CAC registration nor website NOW. All those formalities would only waste time,draw us away from the main motive which is to help and gulp money, and we don't have much now. IMO, let's start work with the committee we have now and as we progress and the need arises, we incorporate other things into the organization.our major and most important task now should be: who or which family would we, by Gods grace, make this xmss the best they've ever had, which widow do we help, which orphan or street kid do we pick off the street etc? Let's get started already people!!!

Ify,

I agree with you, It is easy to loss the objective while we immerse ourselves in formalities. This is not to say we should not formalize this initiative, it should not just be our major preoccupation for now. It should be an-along-the-line thing, a kind of by-the-way.

I suggest we should have people on ground, on the street to scout for beneficiaries… we should find individuals, widows etc and give them a better 2012.

At you all, your charity is so overwhelming, I feel indebted to this initiative
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ronkebp(f): 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2011
^^^^^^^^^ Nice one.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 21, 2011
If we intend to solicit funds from Existing Nairalanders who are very familiar with the Obuh project and saw good accounting and the completion of the Obuh project then Yes probably we don’t need to have formal processes in place and we can get away with informal accounting and procedures, but if our intention is to solicit for funds outside of Nairaland (now or at a later date), then we need formal procedures in place.

Many Nairalanders paid money into the Nigerian account & the paypal account because the accounts belonged to Nairlanders of high standing and even then we know how long it took for things to take off because many thought that it was a scam at first.
And even though we know and trust them, Non Nairalanders may not know of Jarus and R321 and may understandably not be very comfortable paying money into personal accounts.

Generally speaking Nigerians are understandably sceptical & wary when it comes to money, thanks a few bad eggs. At the very least we should have a separate account for this charity if we are to be taken serious.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by hydee0k(m): 4:56pm On Dec 22, 2011
Yes chaircover,

I agree with you and i think Ify do too, but it should be by-the-way not the essence.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 4:56pm On Dec 22, 2011
^ cool but we also need to consider the constraints and limitations an account would pose. What happens when we need to take out money and 1 or more of the signatories are not in town(I for one na unrepentant wakabout, lol)? Accountability IMO is easier when its handled by one person too. Moreover, its gonna take us a whole lot of time getting 1 or 2 more people needed to open an account. Like Haydek said, getting an account etal should not be our priority now, those things would be addressed as we progress and as the need arise. I don't know if we should create a new thread that would be sticked @ the homepage, a thread that would be an open invitation to all members to present cases of people they know that are in dire need or want and from there we do our investigations, deliberate on a case or cases to work on and take it up from there.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ronkebp(f): 11:36pm On Dec 23, 2011
Merry Christams everybody and a Happy /glorious New year, i guess we will all talk after the festive period.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ronkebp(f): 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2011
my pipo, were una dey now, christmas never finish? wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2011
ronkebp:

Merry Christams everybody and a Happy /glorious New year, i guess we will all talk after the festive period.

Same 2u!

ronkebp:

my pipo, were una dey now, christmas never finish? wink wink wink wink wink wink

No, e nefa finish o!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 5:24am On Dec 29, 2011
Present sir/Ma .

Happy holidays everybody!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 11:12am On Dec 29, 2011
^^Wishing you the same.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by hydee0k(m): 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2011
Present Ma(s) & Sir(s)!

I wish you all the best of every and anything you could ever wish for (on conditions though), lol
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2011
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you ALL in advance grin cheesy
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2011
Same to you bro
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ronkebp(f): 2:26am On Jan 01, 2012
Happy Newyear everyone, see you in 2012.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 7:38am On Jan 01, 2012
ronkebp:

Happy Newyear everyone, see you in 2012.

Same to you and all!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 5:53pm On Jan 03, 2012
My people, the christmas and new year celebrations are over, let get back to the table and put the house in place. Or are we still in celebration mood?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by DisGuy: 5:59pm On Jan 03, 2012
no we are in a fighting mood, this fresh air is going hit more than people pockets

But lets carry on

whats the next agenda?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by hydee0k(m): 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2012
Hmmm! Fresh air indeed

whoever is drafting the policy statement for this initiative should include 'social justice and equity'

and also not forgetting 'public sensitization and (re)orientation'
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by feasy1(m): 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2012
It gladdens my heart when I see people come together for a good cause as its been demonstrated here, a sign that we still value one another and that hope is not lost after all.

I will relocating back to Nigeria in 3 months and will be more than willing to take an active role be it financially, project reviewing or what have you.

I believe there are 1001 people on the streets and living under bridges like Monday's case. Let roll up our sleeves, and continue the good work.

Wish we can have minimum of 2 cases to work on monthly basis.

Many thanks to everyone for changing Monday's story
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 8:56pm On Jan 04, 2012
^^^^Thanx

Ladies and Gentlemen

Its 2012, lets get the ball rolling

We are at your service. If there is any question or suggestion

For your record, We are The e-Helpers Network

The Team -

1. R231 --------- Coordinator
2. RONKEBP
3. IFYALWAYS
4. OAM4J ---------- Ast. Coordinator
5. JAYBEE
6. JARUS -------- Accountant
7. YAMAKUZA ---------------- Secretary
8. FREIBURGER
9. OLOWOTEE
10. CHAIRCOVER
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 8:29am On Jan 06, 2012
^and all Nairaland members,guests and registered users alike are the executive sponsors and honorable members.

Chairman,maybe we should create a new thread,linked to this one ofcourse and ask NLDers to present cases of people they see,know or heard of that are in bad situations and need help.Seems we are gonna wait forever to get the next case to handle if we continue this way.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2012
Reporting for duty after the break.

Good one, Ifyalways. Thanks for your special inputs and uwavering commitment, despite the challenges.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by maclatunji: 5:06pm On Jan 11, 2012
Hello everyone,

Nairaland is indeed a big place such that I seem to have missed this thread for a long time. However, since I am now here I want you e-helpers that consider the case of Perx, a Nairalander that has had a serious illness for about 4 years now. She has shown tremendous fortitude and I think she really deserves a helping hand from Nairalanders. Please, if you are not familiar with her story please read it here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-826801.96.html
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by maclatunji: 5:20pm On Jan 11, 2012
Hello everyone,

Nairaland is indeed a big place such that I seem to have missed this thread for a long time. However, since I am now here I want you e-helpers to consider the case of Perx, a Nairalander that has had a serious illness for about 4 years now.  She has shown tremendous fortitude and I think she really deserves a helping hand from Nairalanders. Please, if you are not familiar with her story please read it here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-826801.96.html  

I would have posted the exact story here but I don't want the spambot to ban me (I don't trust the thing).

She has been looking for help here I think since 2010 and did not get much encouragement until she got on my thread for suicidal people. These are her words:

[b]its so easy 4 some pple to say y feel suicidal or actually do it?
if things r going well or great 4 u dont mean everyone is d same
some problems pple go thru are worse than others so DUH!!!

i 1st came here looking for help but no one cared or replied for over one month
one so called doc balogun on nl asked me to send him my xrays, tests, etc thru email, i did and then he implied that i am a liar
i did not even ask him for money but his advice. pple can be so cruelllll

i had to delete my post and just keep posting about what i googled about my condition/illness
and how to manage it in case there was any1 out there going thru d same thing. this is my story. . .

Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps - Complex regional pain syndrome/reflex sympathetic dystrophy

I live in Nigeria and I’m in my early 30s. I was watching TV August 2007 and when I got up from
where I was sitting, I felt a cramp in my left foot. I was limping and had pains in my left foot till December 2007 and I was given 1 crutch for support
The doctors here had no idea what was wrong. The blood test, MRI scan and x-rays done showed no abnormality but
Only a slight inflammation in the left foot AND I WAS ONLY GIVEN PAIN KILLERS WHICH DID NOT HELP MUCH

In December 2007, I couldn’t use the leg to walk or limp again. It was so painful and would not let me bend at the knee
The vein at the back of the knee felt like it was always going to pop out. My leg felt heavy, stiff and when I try to bend my knee,
I feel a very sharp pain, the leg straightens out by itself always and my hip felt strained. I was carried around by arms/hands or wheelchair (I couldn’t even
use 2 crutches to walk or support myself). i could not sleep, i was losing weight fast

More x-rays were done of the spinal cord, I went for physiotherapy both traditional (HELL) and clinics since February 08 and did MRI scan of the pelvis but they still showed nothing wrong or much improvement. MRI is so expensive in LUTH

[/b]
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ronkebp(f): 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2012
Maclatunji, i was about sending a personal message to you on her case, few minutes ago and i was like, let me just come in first to see where we at, then i would reach out to you, if there is anything we could do to assist her financially.

@all, i guess we have a case to begin the new year with, would be glad if we could render any form of assistance to her.

Also do we have any feed back on the Ibuhs to see how they are fairing, ? cool cool cool, just incase anyone stopped over at their place to see how they are doing, i would be glad to know. Thank you.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by maclatunji: 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2012
This is the concluding part of the story:

[b]in April 2009 I had a terrible attack in my left leg, I went to bed at 10 pm, my Left leg started to jerk badly at the hip from 10 pm to 4 am, I felt like my leg was about to be pulled out of my body. I was screaming and crying. The next day I observed a shortness of my left leg so I went for x-ray and it showed that I have a fracture and a dislocation in my hip! doctors say i have a problem with my nervous system and i have tight muscles, veins in my left leg and spasm but they are not sure what the cause is

I am running out of options, wasting money and I don’t know what else to do. I would like to travel for the above reasons
My right leg is starting to get affected too, I cannot walk and recently I think I have a phobia for falling. Doctors could not fix my hip in Nigeria , they said the spasms & muscle stiffness in my leg were too much that is why I have to go abroad . where d money

My affected leg is now about 8 cm shorter than the right leg. Can the length of my leg be corrected? I take lyrical (very expensive for an unemployed person and weight gain is one of its side effect), prednisolone, piroxicam, metacarbamol, tramadol but they do not help much, physical therapist is hard to get here. i've been to churches, even synagogue and redeem. lol. funny/conning pple

My family seems tired of taking care of me, I can’t really blame them because I have been sick and cannot walk for 4 years and I’m getting tired too. Using a wheelchair, crutches and Zimmer frame is hard now. I have been praying to die but death won’t come and I’m not brave enough to commit suicide even though I do think about it almost everyday.

guess what? my right leg femur had a fracture in october (not as bad as d left leg) and since then i have been in bed. doctors here said stay in bed for 2 months. "it will heal or go abroad" and i say WTF

I DON TIRE JOR[/b]
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by maclatunji: 5:43pm On Jan 11, 2012
ronkebp:

Maclatunji, i was about sending a personal message to you on her case, few minutes ago and i was like, let me just come in first to see where we at, then i would reach out to you, if there is anything we could do to assist her financially.

@all, i guess we have a case to begin the new year with, would be glad if we could render any form of assistance to her.

Also do we have any feed back on the Ibuhs to see how they are fairing, ? cool cool cool, just incase anyone stopped over at their place to see how they are doing, i would be glad to know. Thank you.

There is a lot we can do to assist her, but first we need to have a detailed report on what the Medical diagnosis is and what the treatment options she has in Nigeria or another country is/are.

Then we will need to know the cost implication for the whole package- travelling, accommodation, medicare and all that.

Then we will need to know how much Perx's family can afford.

Once we know these things we can decide how we want to help her.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ronkebp(f): 5:48pm On Jan 11, 2012
^^^^^ Very true, do you know where she lives, because we would need someone, who can reach out to her and how will give us every detailed information we will need in regards to her siyuation.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Idowuogbo(f): 6:01pm On Jan 11, 2012
Awwwwh TJ u mehnnn I don't no wat to say sef u jus 2much,Pips plssssss we have to consider perx o or I will cry till noah builds anoda ark.Oya Perx come in its safe in here ,dey all friendly if anyone bite u tell me,am waitin muahhh!.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25)

Workers Kill Two Big Snakes That Eat Residents' Goats, Birds In Abia (photos) / Electric Shock Kills Fulani Man's Cow In Delta(photos) / Some Disturbing Facts You Probably Don't Know About DEATH.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.