Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,577 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network - Nairaland / General (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network (53469 Views)

Poll: Nairaland Charity Org

YES: 91% (150 votes)
NO: 8% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Global Helpers Alliance / Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 11:34pm On May 06, 2012
Tgirl4real: Well done folks. More grace to you guys. Just put God first in all you do.

I have a few questions;

1. Is seun involved in anyway?

2. @ r231, why limit the vacancy to a guy? If you intend getting 2 pple, one can actually be a lady. I believe there are things a woman will handle better. And, not just any woman, but a matured one.

3. What admin costs are you referring to? Do you intend to start paying salaries and get an office? Or, do you have a physical office already?

4. Do you plan to run an open ballot for the stakeholders or it's gonna be strictly interest based.
Sorry, if my questions have already been trashed. The thread is long already.

A big thumps up to you guys. I pray God will give you the wisdom to run things adequately. Amen.

If I may add, we requested people to show interest but didn't get much response.

So if I may also ask, will you like to be a part of the organization in any way, that is if you have the time and the interest?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Tgirl4real(f): 1:04pm On May 07, 2012
r231:

No

We have 2 ladies working as field workers already (ify & olowotee) and we would need a guy to support them.

We are still deliberating on the admin cost.As for the salaries,we would agree on something when the establishment has fully found its grounds.In regards to getting an office,at the moment we working through Nairaland and our email address till funds are avalaible.

The team(Tehn) has contacted a few members via emails, and we presently have a list of stakeholders which will be published on the thread soon.

Thanks for your input

God bless

If I may ask, why is Seun not involved? I was thinking he should since you are working through NL.and we all have contributed to the growth of NL one way or the other.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Tgirl4real(f): 1:10pm On May 07, 2012
OAM4J:

If I may add, we requested people to show interest but didn't get much response.

So if I may also ask, will you like to be a part of the organization in any way, that is if you have the time and the interest?

Hmmm ... D interest is certainly there. I'm a natural supporter of anything charity, so it will be a delight and a great honour. Not 100% sure of availability. But will think about it.

In the meantime, you could send me areas I could chip in aside financial assistance.

Thanks and welldone.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Idowuogbo(f): 1:24pm On May 07, 2012
OAM4J:

If I may also ask,are u still recruiting ? I thought spaces were filled already.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Idowuogbo(f): 1:29pm On May 07, 2012
Tgirl4real:

If I may ask, why is Seun not involved? I was thinking he should since you are working through NL.and we all have contributed to the growth of NL one way or the other.

As a honourable stakeholder cheesy grin grin, we sent a letter to Elewa and unfortunately d silent response from him shows........... lipsrsealed angry smiley
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Tgirl4real(f): 1:32pm On May 07, 2012
Idowuogbo:

As a honourable stakeholder cheesy grin grin, we sent a letter to Elewa and unfortunately d silence response from him shows........... lipsrsealed angry smiley

Lol. Typical of Seun. He hardly talks much.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Idowuogbo(f): 1:44pm On May 07, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Lol. Typical of Seun. He hardly talks much.
Na2day? Abeg he can hold his lane jare!!! angry lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 6:34pm On May 07, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Hmmm ... D interest is certainly there. I'm a natural supporter of anything charity, so it will be a delight and a great honour. Not 100% sure of availability. But will think about it.

In the meantime, you could send me areas I could chip in aside financial assistance.

Thanks and welldone.

Thanks. Am glad to know you of your interest.

I shall let you know areas you can chip in from time to time when the need arise.

Idowuogbo:

If I may also ask,are u still recruiting ? I thought spaces were filled already.

hmnnnn yes for now.... but there will always be room in the future. smiley
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Tgirl4real(f): 8:36am On May 09, 2012
OAM4J:

Thanks. Am glad to know you of your interest.

I shall let you know areas you can chip in from time to time when the need arise.

Okie dokie cool

Would be glad, anytime wink
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by chelseabmw(m): 12:26pm On May 09, 2012
The painful thing here is that people who don't donate/contribute actually opens their mouth wide......Their own na to dey talk nonsense here
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Idowuogbo(f): 1:32pm On May 09, 2012
chelseabmw: The painful thing here is that people who don't donate/contribute actually opens their mouth wide......Their own na to dey talk nonsense here
Care to mention names? Dropping comments wiv no stats go to show u a wat? A big ........ Fill in d gaps. lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 10:45pm On May 11, 2012
chelseabmw: The painful thing here is that people who don't donate/contribute actually opens their mouth wide......Their own na to dey talk nonsense here

Oga I sent you a PM that should be in your mail box, you no even acknowledge am at all sad
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Tgirl4real(f): 10:38am On May 12, 2012
I came accross this link. I dunno if any of you guys have seen it;

https://www.nairaland.com/905467/help-save-life#10806157
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 1:53pm On May 12, 2012
Idowuogbo:

As a honourable stakeholder cheesy grin grin, we sent a letter to Elewa and unfortunately d silent response from him shows........... lipsrsealed angry smiley

My attention was drawn to this post for clarification.

TeHN has never written to Seun seeking any assistance.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 1:54pm On May 12, 2012
Tgirl4real: I came accross this link. I dunno if any of you guys have seen it;

https://www.nairaland.com/905467/help-save-life#10806157

Noted. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Idowuogbo(f): 2:01pm On May 12, 2012
OAM4J:

My attention was drawn to this post for clarification.

TeHN has never written to Seun seeking any assistance.

Really? So am chatting shitzzz den! Issorai!

I hia u o! lipsrsealed

When u decide to write him publish it for clarification o!

New developments.....
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by freecocoa(f): 9:32am On May 14, 2012
Ah wetin happen?

Why you dropping comments,talk boldly if you have something bugging you,abi you dey fear ni?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 6:37pm On May 14, 2012
[size=13pt]Public Announcements [/size]

The TeHN Central Committee and Board of stakeholders have agreed on the following structural arrangements and operational process to guide the organization with its conduct.

All enquiries should be mailed to nairalandcharity@gmail.com.

Thanks.

TeHN Committee

TeHN Committee shall comprise of 8 - 12 known Nairalanders with no record of any dubious wrongdoing both online and offline known to any Nairalander.

They shall function in no particular order in the following capacities:

1. Coordinator
2. Assistant Coordinator/PRO
3. Secretary
4. Assistant Secretary
5. Treasure /Accountant Nigeria Account
6. Treasure /Accountant foreign/Paypal Account
7. Researcher/Field Officer 1
8. Researcher/Field worker 2
9. Researcher/Field worker 3 (Vacant)
10. Researcher/Field worker 4 (Vacant)

Coordinator:/ Assistant
1) Making sure each member of the group assigned with a duty is doing his/her duty according to agreed job description/responsibilities
2) Making sure budget for any given project don't have an over/under spend.
3) Co ordinate all discussions and projects

Researcher/Field Worker:1, 2, 3 and 4
1) Sole responsibility of verifying projects before tabling it to the wider group for voting
2) Responsible for further verification of accepted projects and in turn communicating findings of verification to the wider group
3) Responsible for being the point of contact between the group and the subjects we choose to help

Treasurer/Accountant:Nigeria And Foreign paypal Account
1) Custodian of all donated funds
2) Responsible for disbursement of funds to respective agreed projects

Public Relations Officer
1) Face of the Group on NL and beyond
2) Responsible for managing expectations and limitation damages if and when they arise
3) Responsible for answering queries in relation to any current project we are currently working

Secretary / Assistant:
1) Coordinating/facilitating all group discussions
2) Responsible for making sure all information from researcher/field worker is communicated accordingly to the wider group. The person assigned this job should normally get daily updates from the field worker and then communicate it to the group for discussions and auditing:
3) Handle all official correspondence (Project Initiation email/progress reports/project reports)

TeHN Stakeholder Board

TeHN Stakeholder Board shall comprise of 20 - 25 Nairalanders who are passionate, and committed to offering helping hands.

Functions of the board:

1) Contribute and offer opinions if and when time permits to every matter brought forward for discussion by the committee
2) Be available to vote if and when the committee aren't able to reach a conclusion on any of the projects we decide to embark on
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 6:42pm On May 14, 2012
TEHN Group Process Chart

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 6:46pm On May 14, 2012
Processes explained

1) Project Official starts:
• Field workers to embark on the task of gathering all necessary background Information needed to enable us make informed decisions

2) Action Plan:
• Group to decide on proposed actions and the researcher to communicate and in turn agree on it with the requester
• Group to determine a preliminary estimate for the project

3) External Communication:
• Thread opening on NL to solicit for funds and inform members on latest project
• Agreed action/project plan published with a guesstimate of how much is needed to complete the project

4) Weekly Reports:
• As of when daily communication updates
• Weekly financial updates
• Weekly progress reports

5) Project Closure:
• Project closure report published
• Lessons learnt drafted by the coordinator and shared with the group
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 7:01pm On May 14, 2012
Members of TeHN Central Committee

1. Coordinator ----------- r231
2. Assistant Coordinator/PRO ----------- OAM4J
3. Secretary -------------- Jay bee
4. Assistant Secretary --------- Ronkebp
5. Treasure /Accountant Nigeria Account ------- Jarus
6. Treasure /Accountant foreign/Paypal Account --------- Chaircover
7. Researcher/Field Officer 1 --------- Ifyalways
8. Researcher/Field worker 2 -------- OlowoTee
9. Researcher/Field worker 3 ---------- Vacant
10. Researcher/Field worker 4 --------- Vacant

Members of TeHN Stakeholders Board

1. debosky
2. Maclatunji
3. Mukina2
4. Deols
5. Missy B
6. Naijababe
7. Femmmy
8. Gboliwe
9. Idowuogbo
10. Ivinwa
11. Jennykadri
12. busybody
13. Sienna
14. Freecocoa
15. A-zed
16. biloabee
17. Toluxa
18. Talina
19. Analytical
20. violent

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 7:10pm On May 14, 2012
We still have 2 vacant positions for field officers

the criteria remains:

- Must be able to donate some of their precious time to go out and investigate cases anywhere in Nigeria
- To physically confirm and lead projects; must be in Nigeria, ready to devote time for the exercises
- Must be a regular poster on Nairaland NOT once a week poster
- Member since at least 2007 or have recommendations of at least 2 well known Nairalanders who have been members since 2007
- Preferably Male since we already have 2 Female Field officers

Interested persons should please mail us at nairalandcharity@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by menek(m): 4:44pm On May 18, 2012
My regards to all. Nice
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by freecocoa(f): 7:06pm On May 18, 2012
menek: My regards to all. Nice
Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 1:25pm On May 19, 2012
Menek ! what a beautiful surprise,hows business going and life generally?
I'm so glad to see you around.You DID made alot of people proud. . .against all odds.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by menek(m): 2:48pm On Jun 03, 2012
ifyalways: Menek ! what a beautiful surprise,hows business going and life generally?
I'm so glad to see you around.You DID made alot of people proud. . .against all odds.
sorry sis my reply is coming late. At the initial stage it was not easy. I'm doing generally better. I hav been able to expand. I employed someone that was assisting me and thought he will be trustworthy (with money) so that, I can go ahead to open a second branch but he was not so Instead of labouring for another person i had decided to keep my savings for something else which i may need advice later

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2012
Lovely, menek!
May God continue to bless the works of your hands and give you more wisdom.
You are a divine and positive project.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2012
menek: sorry sis my reply is coming late. At the initial stage it was not easy. I'm doing generally better. I hav been able to expand. I employed someone that was assisting me and thought he will be trustworthy (with money) so that, I can go ahead to open a second branch but he was not so Instead of labouring for another person i had decided to keep my savings for something else which i may need advice later

I am really happy for you Menek. Well done!

The Lord will continue to enlarge you.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by deols(f): 11:20pm On Jun 06, 2012
^^amen. I thought teHN was taking up a new case. What about it
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by naptu2: 8:01am On Jun 09, 2012
Save Basit!

Please save a life today. 18 months old Basit Olaniran Aremu has a hole in his heart and needs your help. He needs 3 million naira for an operation to correct the defect. His mother, Kafayat Aremu, is a tailor. His father abandoned them when they discovered that Basit has a heart defect. Basit’s mother resides at Eleyele Lane off Massey Children’s Hospital, Ita-Faaji, Lagos and can be reached on 08023662182. Basit is currently a patient at Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH). The name of the consultant in charge of Basit’s case is Dr Okoromah (Cardiac Peadiatrician, Ward D3, LUTH). Basit has an account that people can pay into – GTBank 0113977595.

Please help Basit in any way you can. No amount is too small and you can help even if you don’t have money. You can help by creating awareness, so that the message gets to others who can also help. You can help by giving advice; you can help with your prayers.

I run a charity called Random Acts of Kindness ( https://www.nairaland.com/898681/random-acts-kindness-africa-save#11057130 ). At RAK, we usually do not get involved with anything that has to do with cash donations, but we’ve decided to make an exception in Basit’s case because his life is at stake. I encourage you to verify the information above and save a life.

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Tgirl4real(f): 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2012
Awww. . . Dis is heartbreaking

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25)

Electric Shock Kills Fulani Man's Cow In Delta(photos) / Meet President Jonathan's Look Alike. Smashing Resemblance / Lagos Children Beat Father Christmas That Showed Up Without Gifts (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.