Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them (10506 Views)

Professors, Two-time Senator, Others Make Buhari’s Ministerial List - Vanguard / Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All / Fashola Honours A Great Lagosian And Engineering Genius, Ayodele Awojobi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by demoore1(m): 12:04am On Nov 14, 2011
Lets Compare Constructively Between Prof Ayodele Awojobi And Prof Chinua Achebe

One is globally recognized as one of the world’s most outstanding novelists and intellectuals while the other is the inventor of Autonov1.

House any other similarity or dis-similarity between the two?
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:16am On Nov 14, 2011
Put a lid on it mate!!! To start a new thread no be by force.

Kapish?
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by EkoIle1: 12:18am On Nov 14, 2011
You mean compare between a poet and engineer? Sometimes I wonder about the sanity of many of you re-tards on NL.

Isn't the most logical and sensible thing to do is to compare a poet with another poet (Though I'll never compare both because they are great men and national treasures) like say Wole Shoyinka And Chinua Achebe. One received a Nobel prize and the other though equally great, but is yet to receive the same recognition.

When you people because of your low self esteem and insecurities bring up these destructive and needless arguments, you end up tarnishing the image and prestige of these great men.

Don't start what you can not finish.
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 14, 2011
As much as I'm tempted to oblige this fool, I will hold my peace on this one. I have nothing against Chinua Achebe.
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by emiye(m): 1:53am On Nov 14, 2011
Another sickening episode
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by manny4life(m): 2:33am On Nov 14, 2011
I can't laugh enough at this thread?    grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You mean this same Autonov 1?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-801363.224.html
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 2:59am On Nov 14, 2011
Soon u'll comparing a jester with a banker @op
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by Francis5: 3:00am On Nov 14, 2011
Apples and Oranges Compare Ayodele Awojobi  with Ezekiel Izuogu, the first Nigerian car maker
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by Nobody: 3:33am On Nov 14, 2011
manny4life:

I can't laugh enough at this thread?    grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You mean this same Autonov 1?

Eko Ile is looking for your dyslexic arse.
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by olawalebabs(m): 6:29am On Nov 14, 2011
Another ethnicity bigot thread *going out*
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by slap1(m): 7:06am On Nov 14, 2011
Let's compare Baba Suwe and Gov. Rochas Okorocha, constructively.

1 Like

Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by olawalebabs(m): 7:13am On Nov 14, 2011
slap1:

Let's compare Baba Suwe and Gov. Rochas Okorocha, constructively.
they are both jester, imagine his policy of stipend for primary school pupil
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by demoore1(m): 9:10am On Nov 14, 2011
Gents if you dont have a constructive comparism to make, "Bleep off".

Before i forget, one just rejected for the second time a National Honor from Nigerian government.

while the other begged all his life for one but did not get any before he passed on.

Waiting for more constructive comparison from u guys.
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by manny4life(m): 9:27am On Nov 14, 2011
Aigbofa:

Eko Ile is looking for your dyslexic arse.

I gave u my full attention to your own thread below; Eko Ile, tries so hard to make a petty argument, you, you can't even make one. Like I said, people seeking Manny's attention but Manny sure ain't seeking theirs, ain't that a real bit.ch? undecided undecided undecided  If you believe you have more constructive arguments, then go over to the thread and answer questions like a challenger who does so in a debate, if not, I WILL NOT STOOP SO LOW TO EXCHANGE WORDS WITH YOU, you are so out of league. Yo dude, DEUCES cool cool cool , nevertheless, if you have a constructive argument, u can give me a buzz. cool cool cool

Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 14, 2011
manny4life:

I gave u my full attention to your own thread below; Eko Ile, tries so hard to make a petty argument, you, you can't even make one. Like I said, people seeking Manny's attention [size=18pt]but Manny sure ain't seeking theirs[/size], ain't that a real bit.ch? undecided undecided undecided  If you believe you have more constructive arguments, then go over to the thread and answer questions like a challenger who does so in a debate, if not, I WILL NOT STOOP SO LOW TO EXCHANGE WORDS WITH YOU, you are so out of league. Yo dude, DEUCES  cool cool cool , nevertheless, if you have a constructive argument, u can give me a buzz. cool cool cool

Werent you the one just seeking his attention on this thread?
Oi!!! NLers and their high pedestal.

What did you want him to do? To start Abusing Achebe? 
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by abouzaid: 10:43am On Nov 14, 2011
@op guy, lock this thread, there is no basis for comparing an engineer to a novelist nor would such ethnically based comparisms going to improve our lifes a notch. Achebe himself would consider this thread silly
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by manny4life(m): 2:07pm On Nov 14, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Werent you the one just seeking his attention on this thread?
Oi!!! NLers and their high pedestal.

What did you want him to do? To start Abusing Achebe? 

[b]Ileke, I do not have any beef with you nor anyone on this forum; so please stay out of it. When we ask for you opinion, don't worry though I won't be needing it, nevertheless, I might consider asking for it, Till then, I reserve EVERY RIGHT under the FORUM rules to post when I need to. grin grin grin grin

I replied a post like I wanted to without making any reference to anyone but a link; your one-side lens didn't allow you to see how he quoted me with dyslexia, besides, if you followed through on the previous post, you would have seen how I have requested that him "Aigbofa", I wasn't interested in arguing with him, and told him to stay away, yet, he followed me on two threads, now u see why I said I wasn't seeking his attention. Did I ask him to insult Achebe? Did I insult his inventor when others did?

I don't even know why I'm explaining jack to you but look, please stay away from things that you know nothing about. Don't always jump into a scenario that you know nothing about, first ask questions before you start condemning, shocked shocked shocked[/b]
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by manchy7531: 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2011
another unfortunate trend.

while not compare Soyinka with Achebe or Ezekiel izuogu/Philip emegwali with your Ayodele Awojobi
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 15, 2011
manny4life:

[b]Ileke, I do not have any beef with you nor anyone on this forum; so please stay out of it. When we ask for you opinion, don't worry though I won't be needing it, nevertheless, I might consider asking for it,  Till then, I reserve EVERY RIGHT under the FORUM rules to post when I need to.  grin grin grin grin

I replied a post like I wanted to without making any reference to anyone but a link; your one-side lens didn't allow you to see how he quoted me with dyslexia, besides, if you followed through on the previous post, you would have seen how I have requested that him "Aigbofa", I wasn't interested in arguing with him, and told him to stay away, yet, he followed me on two threads, now u see why I said I wasn't seeking his attention. Did I ask him to insult Achebe? Did I insult his inventor when others did?

I don't even know why I'm explaining jack to you but look, please stay away from things that you know nothing about. Don't always jump into a scenario that you know nothing about, first ask questions before you start condemning,   shocked shocked shocked[/b]

Chill. Calm. Compose.

What is happening to you guys in this section, everyone is going crazy.  embarassed

You're a good guy, just calm down. shotigbo.
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 15, 2011
The constructive comparism is this: one built the Autonov 1 and the other wrote good novels. They are both great Nigerians who have left their mark, and that implores us to do likewise.

I am assuming the poster meant well by opening this thread.
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by Ayoobscom(m): 6:53am On Nov 15, 2011
Some topics are better thrown to the nearest bin

Such a principled Icon should not be ridicule with unworthy comparism and his rejection of the award has once again proven his true patriotism and sympathy for perpetual electoral and economic failure of the state Nigeria.
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by Meristem: 6:57am On Nov 15, 2011
[size=18pt]This thread is bullc'rap. [/size] OP are you sleep deprived? otherwise you can try Baba Suwe vs. GEJ grin angry
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:59am On Nov 15, 2011
Lmao
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 15, 2011
whats exactly is wrong with some guys!! almost everyone seem sick here!

here you are comparing a man in his house right now planing on how to keep legacy on earth while you spend almost all your life doing nothing but comparing him to another! just to make a face on the internet that your tribe(which jst happens you are one of them) is wiser/superior.
op think deeply and see how foolish you are!

the worst is that the people you are comparing dont give sh.it about you neither will the comparism massage you talkmore of feed you!!
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by koolJ1(f): 7:01am On Nov 15, 2011
Wow! Great thread. Im guessin next thread ll be. . . criticise compare btwn GEJ and basket mouth
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 15, 2011
@ Aigbofa don't lie, u're tempted to reply, about to. Click the reply button gritting ur teeth, hehehehe, Jst give a shout out to Awojobi we won't make jest of u
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by btlasisi(m): 7:05am On Nov 15, 2011
@OP

There is no basis for comparism on the subject matter.
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by manny4life(m): 7:07am On Nov 15, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Chill. Calm. Compose.

What is happening to you guys in this section, everyone is going crazy.  embarassed

If you dont want his attention, dont seek it. You were the first to attempt any contact with him by indirectly quoting him sha.

You're a good guy, just calm down. shotigbo.

Nothing is happening to us in this section; rather, it's something that's happening to me. I stooped really low, like really LOW to act like MOST do on NL, if ther's anything I've learned, the best thing I've learned not to join words with people. Besides, where did you see me quoting him? Please prove it? I responded with a link, he quotes me and tell me I'm dyslexic? Please show where I quoted him before he made that comment,

As a matter of fact, I will just observe more often than not; I'm done with this internet yelling and shouting that makes no sense. My suggestion to you so you can advice your cohorts; if they're gonna teach someone lecture or help someone, they should do so in a respectful manner even if you disagree with that person's thought of reasoning. Not that if affects me, but no matter how someone might be ignorant, insulting DOES NOT bring out the best in them either. I thought I could change some views on NL, but I'm soon realizing that NL is changing me in a negative way; not something I admire nor want.

While I have no regrets about my actions, I strongly believe there are some thoughts and reasoning that should be cautioned on NL; this is NOT healthy online environment. I've use unappealing words to express my reasoning which I shouldn't, I guess opinions are what they are; they are what you define them. I have gotten along with a majority of some folks on here, while some has been a torn in my flesh. I guess it's safe to assume, some people are not cutout for this sort of mess, or simply, they just have other priorities as well.

I am publicly appealing to those torn in my flesh, you know yourselves, PLEASE, LEAVE ME ALONE. You can quote me, but moving forward, it's less likely I will reply you let alone engage in war of words with you. I will try to cease and desist confrontational arguments with you; it doesn't mean I'm weak, it just means it's the most appropriate thing to do. I'm certainly DONE using vulgar language (lol, idk yet) baby steps, but trust me people, I will avoid you like a serious plague.
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by slap1(m): 7:09am On Nov 15, 2011
Oh dear! What in Seun's name is this joke doing on the homepage? What is Nairaland turning into?
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by texazzpete(m): 7:15am On Nov 15, 2011
You people should be ashamed of yourselves. Read up about the man whose name you're mocking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayodele_Awojobi

Ayodele Oluwatuminu Awojobi (March 12, 1937 – September 23, 1984), also known by the nicknames "Dead Easy", "The Akoka Giant", and "Macbeth", was a Nigerian academic, author, inventor, social crusader and activist.[1] He was considered a scholarly genius by his teachers and peers alike.[2][3] He quickly advanced in his field to become the youngest professor in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Lagos, Nigeria in 1974. Earlier the same year, he became the first African to be awarded the degree of Doctor of Science (DSc) in Mechanical Engineering at the then Imperial College of Science and Technology, London (now Imperial College London).[1]

His research papers, particularly in the field of Vibration, are still cited by international research fellows in Engineering as lately as the year 2010,[4] and are archived by such publishers as the Royal Society.[5

Even Chinua Achebe would be VERY ashamed of the OP.

pDude:

The constructive comparism is this: one built the Autonov 1 and the other wrote good novels. They are both great Nigerians who have left their mark, and that implores us to do likewise.

He did not just 'build the Autonov 1'. He was a brilliant Mechanical Engineer, a great teacher and scholar and a principled and highly revered gentleman whose works achieved great respect in local and international circles.
I know you're trying to defend his legacy, but your statement doesn't even capture a tenth of what the Prof was about.

Certainly he achieved more than anyone else posting here has ever done.
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by emmke(m): 7:18am On Nov 15, 2011
pDude:

true. They must not be in the same field to be compared. Afterall defenders, mid-fielders and attackers are are all usually shortlisted for ballon d'or. It all boils down to how u contribute to your team (in this case nigeria or man kind as a whole)
Re: Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 15, 2011
texazzpete:

He did not just 'build the Autonov 1'. He was a brilliant Mechanical Engineer, a great teacher and scholar and a principled and highly revered gentleman whose works achieved great respect in local and international circles.
I know you're trying to defend his legacy, but your statement doesn't even capture a tenth of what the Prof was about.

Certainly he achieved more than anyone else posting here has ever done.

Thank you sir for enlightening me on his achievements. All I know about him is that he built the Autonov 1. I'm not an engineer but a medical personnel so I hardly know him.

Once again thank you sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! IPOB Petitions UN;demands Referendum For Biafra’s Independence, Pics / Police Vow To Crack Down On Troublesome Politicians Ahead Of Ekiti Governorship / EFCC Secures Final Forfeiture Of ₦‎775 Million Linked To Jonah Otunla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.