Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Would You Refuse A National Award? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Refuse A National Award? (4638 Views)

Poll: Would You?

Yes: 58% (41 votes)
No: 41% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

FG Releases List Of National Award Recipients 2013/2014 / So Why Did Mandela Refuse A Second Term? / I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Refuse A National Award? by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 14, 2011
We are all shouting that the National award had been dragged in the mud by the latest list of special members of the public that would be given national award today 14/11/2011. The biggest controversy in this year own is the outright refusal/rejection of the award by a literary Icon Professor Chinua Achebe who also refused it 7years ago. We also have another big one whereby everyone thinks that police chief Hafiz Ringim is not qualified in anyway to be on the list.

The simple fact is that Majority of you Supporting Chinua Achebe rejection and clamoring that Hafiz Ringim shouldn't be on the list wouldn't have rejected it if you were to be called upon for such recognition. Even if we know that there is nothing spectacular that we have done in contribution to the Nations development. But common they didn't fight nor beg for it. It was given to them as national recognition of their contribution. It would be sick for anyone to refuse it.
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by DrummaBoy(m): 1:34pm On Nov 14, 2011
With d revelation from Femi Gbajabiamila I cannot receive a national honor from dis country as it is at d moment.
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by 2kass(m): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2011
Look at this Bro's ohhhh, Me self i wan make dem dey call me 2kass "CFR" No go dull
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by Pricelesss(f): 2:29pm On Nov 14, 2011
But for real I don't think these awards worth it anymore. most of the people that are conferred with these awards either buy their way through or have presidential connections. I don't think that i really fancy it personally.
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by Eforce1: 2:29pm On Nov 14, 2011
smiley
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2011
E_force:

smiley
Y the smile?

Pricelesss:

But for real I don't think these awards worth it anymore. most of the people that are conferred with these awards either buy their way through or have presidential connections. I don't think that i really fancy it personally.
Stop beating around the bush, are you gonna accept it or not,  Shikana undecided

2kass:

Look at this Bro's ohhhh,  Me self i wan make dem dey call me 2kass "CFR" No go dull
Sure Guy,  No time at all,  lol
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by efisher(m): 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2011
I will gladly accept it as long as I didn't bribe anyone for it.
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by Pricelesss(f): 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2011
Ijogz K:

Stop beating around the bush, are you gonna accept it or not,  Shikana undecided
Nope!!! am not. there are more trivial issues in the country presently that needs both urgent and spiritual attention, Than for me to sit down with some group of thieves to start getting Title's Aka National award does that answer your question undecided
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by BootyOnMe: 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2011
Heck Yeah!
Nothing under the anything Nigerian is worth any award.
Thank you. kiss
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by Tjohn1(m): 4:21pm On Nov 14, 2011
Do the awards come with money as well? if yes, i will accept it.
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by Kx: 4:23pm On Nov 14, 2011
yes
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by 27naira(m): 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2011
dem dey use am go heaven? abi e dey fetch monthly stipend?

Not until i see the "value"!
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by rivie0020: 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2011
yes i would
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by rolchi(m): 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2011
I will even do a Thanksgiving prior and after taking the awards! wink wink wink
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by moderatorr: 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2011
roll the carpet!
I go accept two.
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by MrWhy1(m): 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2011
The way things are in Nigeria today. Absolutely!
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2011
yes grin grin
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by NaijaNaWaa: 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2011
It is too worthless these days. I can never accept it, no matter what. When a country starts awarding its prized honours to dubious businessmen, known fraudsters, corrupt politicians and questionable characters, the award loses its appeal. I am so glad that Achebe rejected his. My only advice to him is never to join issues with government again. Just ignore them.
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by Koolking(m): 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2011
With all honesty, I will reject the award under the present govt. Nothing worths the award.

That will be another reuben abati in the making.
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by executinal(m): 5:21pm On Nov 14, 2011
Yes ofcourse, i have one already OON  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. If they offer me more i will gladly accept.
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by freecocoa(f): 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2011
I'll gladly accept it,they should even add money on too the award sef.
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 14, 2011
freecocoa:

I'll gladly accept it,they should even add money on too the award sef.
Hmmmm so Freecocoa loves honorary awards grin
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by cicero(m): 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2011
YES!

Except of course if I lose my honor and integrity.
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by yusufadebayo02(m): 6:01pm On Nov 14, 2011
If they honour me with Sango award i will grab it but not this Boko Haram award,
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by kings112(m): 6:07pm On Nov 14, 2011
even kanayo o kanayo dey 4 d list ,nawa ooo 4 dis una prezdo
yusufadebayo02:

If they honour me with Sango award i will grab it but not this Boko Haram award,
how is it a boko haram award?
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by onyebaba(m): 6:09pm On Nov 14, 2011
Yess ooo!! ^^ Kanayo has paid his dues 4 9ja in d make believe world.
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 14, 2011
In China or Britain,yes.
In Nigeria,no.
What's the use of a national award when the nation's scared of moving in the right direction?
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by yusufadebayo02(m): 6:15pm On Nov 14, 2011
If they honour me with Sango award i will grab it not this Boko Haram award,
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by kings112(m): 6:19pm On Nov 14, 2011
Is that enof 4 him 2 dzav the national honor
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by lafuria1(m): 6:19pm On Nov 14, 2011
hw does d govt consider those dat merit d award,. Cant say, until i get d award and knw y am gettin it.
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2011
police roger makes good revenue on our roads and no one gives them honor.talk about a cesspool of corruption and dwindling productivity and all the nation can think of is some elaborate jamboree? ? ?
Re: Would You Refuse A National Award? by Ogwuma(m): 6:39pm On Nov 14, 2011
Considering d picture Prof. Achebe's rejection has painted, i will reject outrightly. Jona no well oh! whats d essence of these awards afterall, when there is hardship everywhere in Nigeria. Bros abeg use that money fix things for d country,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Criminals Hold Political Postions In Nigeria / 776,000 Jobs Lost In Textile Industry –FG / Hot To Recharge My PHCN Prepaid Meter Online Or Mobile ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.