Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,087 members, 7,807,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme (4116 Views)

Dangote’s Truck Empowerment Scheme To Create 28,000 Jobs. / Dangote Foundation Doles Out N20 Billion For Pro-poor Cause / Charles Dukwe Responds To Women In Oil Scam Allegation By Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by aloyemeka4: 10:45pm On Nov 14, 2011
[size=14pt]Dangote empowers women with N600m[/size]
By Our Reporter 22 hours 45 minutes ago

The Women Empowerment and Free School Feeding Schemes of the Kano State Government have been flagged off in Kano State with the Chairman of the Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote donating N600million towards the programme.
Also, the business mogul promised to build a 500-student capacity for the Kano State University.
The programmes are key components of the Poverty Eradication Agenda of the state government.
Speaking at the ceremony held at the Sani Abacha Stadium Indoor Sports Hall, Dangote said the donation under the auspices of the Dangote Foundation was to complement the state government’s efforts at reducing poverty to the barest minimum, especially among women.
He said:”The Dangote Foundation would like to send our best wishes to the women, who will benefit from our grant and, indeed, from other government initiatives. It is their efforts and business success that will strengthen family and community bonds that are needed to transform this great state and this great country.”
The women, who will be reached through the Community Re-orientation Committee in each of the local government, have already been selected through a process of assessment by a joint Kano State Government and Dangote Foundation.
The state governor, Engr Rabiu Kwankwaso thanked Alhaji Dangote for the good gesture and expressed the state government’s appreciation for the fund.
He explained that an arrangement has been made to ensure that not only the right women from the grassroots benefit from the scheme, but that the fund is judiciously utilised when requited and necessary.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/business/26207-dangote-empowers-women-with-n600m.html
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:59pm On Nov 14, 2011
Nice one. If more wealthy northerners could be a bit more benevolent, the air of hopelessness that gives rise to the likes of boko haram would be largely reduced.
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by EvilBrain1(m): 11:21pm On Nov 14, 2011
I'm beginning to suspect that this guy is planning a run for president in the near future. The way he's been throwing money around and attracting headlines seems very suspicious.

Even with his record as a greedy monopolist and stock-price manipulator, I'm sure there are plenty of Nigerians stûpid enough to vote for him. After all, they voted for GEJ.
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by obowunmi(m): 11:25pm On Nov 14, 2011
Bloody monopolist , ahahaha! Nigeria indeed deserves the type of leader it gets.

Evil Brain:

Even with his record as a greedy monopolist and stock-price manipulator, I'm sure there are plenty of Nigerians stûpid enough to vote for him. After all, they voted for GEJ.

I however commend him if he takes care of the mothers of Boko Horam.
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by aloyemeka4: 11:30pm On Nov 14, 2011
Evil Brain:

I'm beginning to suspect that this guy is planning a run for president in the near future.

The only Nigerian who has shown kindness to women is now being questioned on his intentions. He doesn't have to throw money at women if he intends to run for presidency. It is actually advisable for him to keep the money so he can buy bags of rice for running his campaign. Nigerian men are largely chauvinists for real.
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by HighChief4(m): 12:07am On Nov 15, 2011
Giving back is always a good thing. I commend him for that
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by EvilBrain1(m): 12:48am On Nov 15, 2011
aloy@emeka:

The only Nigerian who has shown kindness to women is now being questioned on his intentions. He doesn't have to throw money at women if he intends to run for presidency. It is actually advisable for him to keep the money so he can buy bags of rice for running his campaign. Nigerian men are largely chauvinists for real.

Shebi the next round of campaigning will start in less than 2 years and everybody knows Jonathan is a sitting duck. We'll find out soon enough if I'm right.

When big men in Nigeria start making large public donations and courting the media, it can only mean one thing. You mark my words.
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by Horus(m): 1:09am On Nov 15, 2011
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by OAM4J: 1:12am On Nov 15, 2011
Good one.
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by Abeem(m): 3:49am On Nov 15, 2011
There is an arm chair journalist in Vanguard Newspapers who berated and criticized Aliko in his bi-weekly column for failing in his CSR. Read it here: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/questions-on-dangote%e2%80%99s-gcon/ I hope he read this and purges himself of the hatred for the billionaire businessman.
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by chuks49(m): 9:51am On Nov 15, 2011
our money.
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 15, 2011
Seriki does it again. There's nothing to hate about this man. I love the fact that he's taking a cue from Bill Gates in terms of charitable activities. Meanwhile the other stuck-up, conceited fool at glo is still sitting atop his high horse.
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by pynkspyce: 10:37am On Nov 15, 2011
while he isnt quite the straight shooter we want to believe he is, i truly commend Dangote for his efforts at bettering the general lot of Nigerians.
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by kings112(m): 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2011
What type of honore/awod

was he given

by Gej yestday?
chuks49:

our money.
how is it ur money?
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by doja1: 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2011
Was that before or after he got is GCON or what ever it is they were awarding themselves yesterday.
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 1:37pm On Nov 15, 2011
pynkspyce:

while he isnt quite the straight shooter we want to believe he is, i truly commend Dangote for his efforts at bettering the general lot of Nigerians.
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by Orikinla(m): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2011
Alhaji Aliko Dangote is the man of the moment.

Where is Baba Ijebu of Globacom?
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2011
Am I sure it was not donated to the First Lady's office for her advocacy. Maybe that is why he was awarded a G.CON by the Head of our State grin
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by ideylaff: 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2011
Alhaji Aliko Dangote is the man of the moment.

Where is Baba Ijebu of Globacom?

LOL, LWKMD cheesy
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by Gbenge77(m): 9:00pm On Nov 16, 2011
Kudos
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by billyG(m): 10:58pm On Nov 16, 2011
I and every member of the house who have little or no choice than consume dangotes rice,spag,cements,sugar,salts and what else daily, are part of the donation no be only dangote ooh! May Allah rewards us all for our charitygrin grin grin
Re: Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 17, 2011
Evil Brain:

I'm beginning to suspect that this guy is planning a run for president in the near future. The way he's been throwing money around and attracting headlines seems very suspicious.

The man is worth over 1 trillion naira ($10 billion). So, I am sure giving N600 million is not much of a big deal to him

(1) (Reply)

Alliance In Motion Global - Everything You Need To Know About AIM Global / Good News For All Tbc (the Billion Coin) Holders / This Is What 200naira Would Get You In Buhari Economy(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.