Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,067 members, 7,807,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? (11230 Views)

I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary / Drama In The Office As I Tender My Resignation After Getting A New Job. / Sleep With Me Or I Fire You - My Female Boss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by cs200200(m): 8:34am On Sep 20, 2007
Hello,

I was thinking what would you do if your boss in your office wish to have just one raw night with you before you can be promoted?

Would you go on with the raw night with your boss in Eko Hotel or drop your letter of resignation that same minute but have it in mind getting a job outside is not very easy and the promotion is something every staff would want o have.
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by efuah(f): 8:53am On Sep 20, 2007
i will resign, am at the moment going thru same problem here, but because of my position n nature of work, he cnt sack me. but if i must sleep with my boss cos of employement, promotion or sort of, then i have no other option that to quit because, prosperity, favour, blessings all comes from God. it is the council of Jehovah that holds so if the job or the position is rightfully mine, it shall surely be mine. if the Lord is not with thou, he who labour, labours in vain.

1 Like

Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by dapsycool(m): 8:57am On Sep 20, 2007
Now I believe the text that reads "Men were born between a womans leg, yet they spend most of their lives trying to go back there, indeed there's no place like home"
Men and puss-y, na wa o

3 Likes

Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by Cyclone5(m): 9:57am On Sep 20, 2007
The age old kick in the teeth. Really, if sleeping with the boss guarantees promotion then somebody else will be getting promotion once he takes a fancy to her all and all.

If it dont mean a thing then do your thang! If it means something then string him along for as long as you can or as long as it takes to get a new job.

But if you've got values then you better take your lumps and suck on that unemployment lolly.
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by otipratt(m): 10:13am On Sep 20, 2007
@ efuah

So u are going through this evil st your workplace. Now i see why you refer to ur job as really stressful. More reasons why u need to 'relax' on nairaland. No worry, next tine the guy tell u nonsense show am ur pikin picture. I neva new Ghanian men where as randy as their Nigerian counterparts
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by sanrima(f): 10:27am On Sep 20, 2007
i would only do it if he is not married and if i,m already falling 4 him, but if not, well i start looking 4 a new job immediately cos its not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by Cyclone5(m): 10:31am On Sep 20, 2007
sanrima:

i would only do it if he is not married and if i,m already falling 4 him, but if not, well i start looking 4 a new job immediately because its not worth it.

A very honest response. I respect that.

2 Likes

Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 20, 2007
Immediate resignation, if i even bother to. might just up and leave.
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by omena555(f): 10:55am On Sep 20, 2007
Whether he's single or double, handsome or ugly, i will put in my resignation immediately. The God who provided that job for me in the first place will give me another one. And even if there were no other job on the face of the earth, i will still put in my resignation.
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by Seun(m): 10:57am On Sep 20, 2007
You don't have to sleep with your boss and you don't have to resign.

Don't sleep with your boss; it's not worth it. And don't resign; unless you are sacked.

If you are worth promoting, and your boss is not a fool, you will still be promoted.

And even if you are not promoted, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush!
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by 2old4that(m): 11:02am On Sep 20, 2007
If u are good at your job, u wont be afraid of sack threat because he would still come back looking for you even after sacking u.
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by Seun(m): 11:03am On Sep 20, 2007
i would only do it if he is not married and if i,m already falling 4 him
Do you really want to fall in love with a man who forces his employees to have sex with him?
Even if you were previously falling for your boss, you should fall out of love if this happens!

2 Likes

Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by bababulero(m): 11:08am On Sep 20, 2007
Why not try sleeping with her with the plan of resigning afterwards cos at the end u r gonna get fired anyways.
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by jaybee3(m): 11:13am On Sep 20, 2007
what about suing for sexual harassment? I'm sure you'd win a sizeable sum.
An ongoing case inside the massive NBA franchise (NY Nicks) whereby Isiah Thomas is being sued for same purpose. Offered the girl somewhere in the region of half a million (not sure abt exact figure) but the girl decided to go to court instead (Good choice as her compensation will run into millions and most importantly will leave with dignity).
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by HUMPHERY(m): 11:14am On Sep 20, 2007
OK
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by HUMPHERY(m): 11:17am On Sep 20, 2007
that was a good one from uncle seun cool
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by Ralvy(m): 11:20am On Sep 20, 2007
I'll think abt it . .
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by Jeovy(m): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2007
@ Jaybee
(what about suing for sexual harassment? I'm sure you'd win a sizeable sum.
An ongoing case inside the massive NBA franchise (NY Nicks) whereby Isiah Thomas is being sued for same purpose. Offered the girl somewhere in the region of half a million (not sure about exact figure) but the girl decided to go to court instead (Good choice as her compensation will run into millions and most importantly will leave with dignity).)

Hi,
This is Nigeria, don't think we have gotten to that level cool

1 Like

Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by Bosdem(f): 11:44am On Sep 20, 2007
I think this sleeping with ur boss is for a promotion right, my dear u can lose the promotion this year, next year might be different, is the compant his' what if u sleep with him and he gets fired and he has not promoted u yet, or u have a new boss, my dear ur pride is gone, so i advise u don't if the pressure gets too much, pls resign, God will sustain and provide a better job.
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by anney(f): 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2007
what a threat! my freind if dat job is meant for u nobody can take it from u not even your shameless boss.dont panic seek God's face
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by olofofo(m): 12:13pm On Sep 20, 2007
Sister, My advise is simple, get him to say it all on one of those phone with call recording feature and then Play the blackmail game. that will guaranty 2 things.

1. if you want him off you back, then he will be off your back for good.
2. if you really want this promotion, then that is a sure ways of getting.
3. if you want to sleep with him and ensure that you get the promotion without hurting his Ego and then make sure it does not happen again.

I can give some pointers on how to make a cd recodring of the phone conversation for distribution.! grin
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by Soundmind(m): 12:23pm On Sep 20, 2007
Dear, pls do not sleep with him unless you would have ordinarily done that even if there was not condition attached to it. Remember once you say yes, he will be coming back for more even after the promotion. Any day you say no, u either get a warning or querry or something within the region.
Say no and let it be capital. If he insist, resign then. When one door is closed, many more are open.
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by opokonwa(m): 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2007
It is very easy to respond to this sort of question from Nairaland.

Every lady would like to play 'good', afterall this is Africa.

Oh! spare me the moral views. sad

This question is best answered by experiencing it; if you have either experienced it and honestly narrate your reactions to it or going through it now and don't care about the criticisms from Nairalanders for being candid, then be my guest!

Otherwise get off this thread.

For the boys, boyz can do anything anytime. You can predict boyz. Whether be it for promotion or plain pleasure, many boys go like wack!

Show me a guy who wouldn't and I will show you a strong man.

1 Like

Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by Alase(m): 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2007
Capital NO would be my answer. The one that created the heavens and the earth can do anything. Remember, if he victimises you because of your objection, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. I believe, he would definitely need your help someday. Please this is an advise for all NAIRALANDERS, let integrity be our watchword. We should not allow selfish interests come in. You might say at least it does not have a reading meter. Hey; you would pay for it someday.

Regards.
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by Alase(m): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2007
Capital NO would be my answer. The one that created the heavens and the earth can do anything. Remember, if he victimises  you because of  your objection, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. I believe, he would definitely need your help someday. Please this is an advise for all NAIRALANDERS, let integrity be our watchword. We should not allow selfish interests come in. You might say at least it does not have a reading meter. Hey; you would pay for it someday.

Regards.
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by kempo(m): 12:50pm On Sep 20, 2007
Well that does not sound strange, afterall how many men do ladies sleep with before they get married?
Let us not pretend too holy here and be factual. If you can sleep wth a man that is not your husband, it is the same as  sleeping with your boss.
My problem is not sleeeping with him at that moment, my problem is wether he will let you be after that, Even
when you get married. The decission is strongly yours.
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by Carlosein(m): 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2007
Sister, My advise is simple, get him to say it all on one of those phone with call recording feature and then Play the blackmail game. that will guaranty 2 things.

1. if you want him off you back, then he will be off your back for good.
2. if you really want this promotion, then that is a sure ways of getting.
3. if you want to sleep with him and ensure that you get the promotion without hurting his Ego and then make sure it does not happen again.

you need guts to pull this off. but it just might work cos bosses who do things like this are usually the timid type.

still, i have to go with seun:

You don't have to sleep with your boss and you don't have to resign.

Don't sleep with your boss; it's not worth it.  And don't resign; unless you are sacked.

If you are worth promoting, and your boss is not a fool, you will still be promoted.

And even if you are not promoted, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush!

this is very practical, honest and simple enough.
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by cs200200(m): 1:37pm On Sep 20, 2007
Hello pals from ur reply I did not mention if the boss is a male or a female cos I can see alot are saying him. I am sure a lady can also be the boss not just a guy
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by rubie(f): 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2007
GOD would not let such happen to me.

I'll not sleep with him, but to tender my resignation letter, that would only happen when he with-holds my salary just because I didn't get down with him. Meeeennnnn, do I know how many of such people they've slept with, that I'll now come and be an accomplice. It's not posible, not in this life.
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by heyo: 2:25pm On Sep 20, 2007
so is ur boss a woman?are u male or female?if ur boss is a woman, is she fine?is she worth sleeping wit as in body wise?is she married?are u engaged or married?do u need the promotion badly?give us substantial details so we would know how 2 tackle this,no dey attack people wey dey try reason wit u
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by deekseen(m): 2:30pm On Sep 20, 2007
Sleep with my boss for promotion. . .

Much as i'd like to i don't really trust office romance because someday somehow things will get dirty and my office image will get tainted.

What will happen if she starts to fancy someone else, say a new employer?

I could get as much fresh picks outside as i would like, but never will i try funny things in the office. Except of course, this person is not my boss and we're naturally attracted to each other.
Re: Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? by heyo: 2:31pm On Sep 20, 2007
@rubie
 shunnnnnnnn,leave all this ur "not in this life"talk,if u dey the situation,na when u go understand.nowadays that its so hard 2 find a job talkless of even gaining promotions in the place of work,u mite neva know how hard n tight the situation mite get at u so stop soundin like our modern day virgin mary

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paystack Candidates Let's Meet Here / Self Employment Or O & G Job / Why Nigerian Companies Use Personality Assessments During Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.