Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? (33106 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / Is University Education Overrated? / Is Unilag Any Better Than Covenant University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 15, 2011
The University of Ibadan celebrated its 63rd anniversary in a great style producing 75 first class graduates out of the 1,647 graduates of the institution.

The graduates were produced by the Faculty of Arts, Science, Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Pharmacy, Public Health, Technology and Law.

All first class graduating students were given automatic scholarships to commence their postgraduate programmes in the University.

later on some kids from a kerosene background who do nothing but hate and complain about those who their parents worked extra hard to send their children to private Universities like Covenant University, Shouting and Barking like Dog's that Covenant University Standard is low because they produced 85 First class graduates.

http://www./2011/11/15/ui-produces-75-first-class-graduates/

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by mustspin: 11:33am On Nov 15, 2011
@op, smh. u definitely are a student or graduate of convenant. u question sucks. can the infrastructure and vastness of the lecturers in both institution be compared? no need to hate

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by MyJoe: 11:37am On Nov 15, 2011
So those who went to Federal and State universities had kerosene background and lazy parents while those who went to Covenant University had electricity background and hardworking parents. Great post.

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by olawalebabs(m): 11:37am On Nov 15, 2011
A 2 1 in federal universities will outshine a 1 1 in any private university. That's the plain truth. Moreover, look at the percentage and not the absolute figure. 75 to1647 compare with 85 to less than 1000. The difference is clear

3 Likes

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by oddy4real(m): 11:37am On Nov 15, 2011
Stupid question from the poster. I am sure you never had good waec results, that's why you had to go to covenant. Compare compatibles; you can't compare the University of Ibadan to Covenant University.

2 Likes

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by HyeBits: 11:38am On Nov 15, 2011
ode again and again, comparing ui and covenant. nlnd with myopicity always alarming.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 15, 2011
I don't know Y u guyz are hating on the OP, And don't take the kerosene Issue "P" I just didn't have a better way to describe poverty tongue
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by ayandee: 11:42am On Nov 15, 2011
@poster, my little boy/girl don't even try to compare both schools. A first class graduate from the great UI is a first class graduate by all standards. By d way, who are you to label others as being of kerosene background. E pele o omo baba oni gas.

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by oddy4real(m): 11:45am On Nov 15, 2011
People like me that attended UI where there not because our parents are poor. They just wanted the best for us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by cold(m): 11:45am On Nov 15, 2011
MyJoe:

So those who went to Federal and State universities had kerosene background and lazy parents while those who went to Covenant University had electricity background and hardworking parents. Great post.
I tire o!Nothing wey we no go hia frm these Covenant/Winners ppl O!Same way one of them said the other day that God lives in Winners & visits other places.O ma se o!Buncha shallow nitwits

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 15, 2011
ayandee:

E pele o omo baba oni gas.
It's so obvious that you went to one of those Razz Universities or never passed WAEC at all, so shameful cry
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by stepo707: 11:49am On Nov 15, 2011
In comparable.Covenant no sabi their mate? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by mustspin: 11:52am On Nov 15, 2011
really dont know what dis foolish thread is doing on the front page angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by begwong: 11:53am On Nov 15, 2011
mustspin:

really dont know what dis foolish thread is doing on the front page angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
me too tongue tongue tongue
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by MyJoe: 11:54am On Nov 15, 2011
Ijogz K:

I don't know Y u guyz are hating on the OP,  And don't take the kerosene Issue "P" I just didn't have a better way to describe poverty  tongue
So you think the kerosene is all that is wrong with what you wrote. Okay, lemme help you find a better way to describe things. How about: later on some poverty addled kids with lazy and poverty stricken parents will come and hate and complain about rich kids like me whose rich parents worked hard to send us to Covenant University,  Shouting and Barking like Dog's that Covenant University Standard is low because they produced 85 First class graduates.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 15, 2011
Anyone that says that says that UI has better infrastructure must be suffering from Night & Day blindness  undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by MyJoe: 11:57am On Nov 15, 2011
Ijogz K:

I don't know Y u guyz are hating on the OP,  And don't take the kerosene Issue "P" I just didn't have a better way to describe poverty  tongue
So you think the kerosene is what is wrong with what you wrote, not the fact you tried to "describe poverty" in the context you did. Okay, lemme help you find a better way to describe things. How about: later on some poverty addled kids with lazy and poverty stricken parents will come and hate and complain about rich kids like me whose rich parents worked hard to send us to Covenant University,  Shouting and Barking like Dog's that Covenant University Standard is low because they produced 85 First class graduates.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by oddy4real(m): 11:58am On Nov 15, 2011
@ Poster, I can see you are trying hard to justify the fact that you attended the sub standard advanced Secondary school. Talking of infrastructure, we aint talking of big buildings, we are talking of LECTURERS.
Now, I know you lack that
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 15, 2011
MyJoe:

How about: later on some poverty addled kids with lazy and poverty stricken parents will come and hate and complain about rich kids like me whose rich parents worked hard to send us to Covenant University,  Shouting and Barking like Dog's that Covenant University Standard is low because they produced 85 First class graduates.
I wasn't that direct, If anyone took it that personal it's probably due to low self esteem "LST"
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by ayandee: 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2011
@poster. I'm glad that got to u.  U want to cry? Please don't. That should stop u from comparing UI with mushroom private schools.
Ijogz K:

It's so obvious that you went to one of those Razz Universities or never passed WAEC at all,  so shameful  cry
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2011
oddy4real:

@ Poster, I can see you are trying hard to justify the fact that you attended the sub standard advanced Secondary school. Talking of infrastructure, we aint talking of big buildings, we are talking of LECTURERS.
Now, I know you lack that
If 54 Professors and 5 International professors with series of lecturers with PHD degree means lack of LECTURERS, Then we sure lack them Sir.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 12:08pm On Nov 15, 2011
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 12:10pm On Nov 15, 2011
if i could magic myself back to being 18 years old and had to pic a university between the two based on how they look today ? i would pic convenant. look at the link i posted. WOW. is this oyedepos university ?
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by brainpulse: 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2011
Why are you comparing Death to Sleep?

Covenants only have majority of visiting lecturers from these federal university whom do there sabbatical leave in most of this private universities. So it is the same old wine in the processing bottle. For now Covenant is still working on their standards, but UI has a standard that has being provened for many years.

Do not compare glorified private colleges to standardized Universities.

Fine i was from a kerosene family and graduated from "public university", but they can not do without my ideas and contribution in the company i work. Now through me with every sense of humility my family uses Gas Cooker.

Please think before Posting.

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 12:12pm On Nov 15, 2011
the halls of residence look like 4 star hotels. haved you seen university of ibadans halls of residence ? its not fit for a criminal sef

2 Likes

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2011
buzugee:

the halls of residence look like 4 star hotels. haved you seen university of ibadans halls of residence ? its not fit for a criminal sef
God bless you Sir, Some people have passions for dirtiness and suffering. That UI is older doesn't make it better
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by MyJoe: 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2011
Ijogz K:

I wasn't that direct,  If anyone took it that personal it's probably due to low self esteem "LST"
No, you were just trying to "describe poverty" as a disease of public university folks.

I see that your problem is very complex - like all mind problems are. That is why you think my self esteem is the problem here rather than your ability to think properly. Godspeed and have a field day in your delusions.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by brainpulse: 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2011
I have a brother lecturer from Unilag on Sabbatical at Covenant. so what its the difference. oh the building, OK take the pictures of the buildings scan it on your certificate and come and meet on the day of your interview.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by mustspin: 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2011
Ijogz K:

God bless you Sir,  Some people have passions for dirtiness and suffering. That UI is older doesn't make it better
so u judge ur books by the cover? smh vigorously. are you claiming to be wiser than those that does the ranking or wot? by the way, wot did u graduate with?
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2011
i have new found respect for oyedepo. dont know the man or his dealings but any man that can pull off a fine university like that deserves respect.
Ijogz K:

God bless you Sir,  Some people have passions for dirtiness and suffering. That UI is older doesn't make it better
its all about being objective. UI is living on past glory. times are changing and we have to roll with the times. in with the new, out with the old. time to reconstruct our minds away from holding on to the old and start appreciating the new cutting edge. I WOULD SO LOVE TO HAVE GONE TO THAT CONVENANT.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by brainpulse: 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2011
buzugee:

And your own hall of residence is fit for prostitudes
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2011
mustspin:

so u judge your books by the cover? smh vigorously. are you claiming to be wiser than those that does the ranking or wot? by the way, wot did u graduate with?

ahhh but you are myopic. university degree does not get you jobs. your personality does coupled with your drive and determination. in a school like convenant i cannot even begin to imagine the kind of connections you will make there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Olori Memunat Graduates From University (Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife) / Nursing Student Suspended In Borno For Not Welcoming Buhari / How To Spot An "Olodo" In The Exam Hall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.