Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,017 members, 7,806,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? (11427 Views)

Yoruba Girls/women Wear Waist Beads And This Is What It Culturally Means! / We The Ikwerre Are Igbos By Ikechukwu A. Ogu(interesting Write Up) / Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by Obiagu1(m): 1:43am On Nov 17, 2011
asha 80:

question on the bolded.80%? are you guys that many in your town?that is the only way i see that happening because where i am from i cannot see that happening lest you marry your cousin.

My town is relatively big. This is as far back as my dads generation though many of those in my generation tend to marry from wherever.
In my village, my dad's family were the only ones that didn't marry from the town and many are not happy with us.

Someone, not long ago, made a remark to my mum when my brother got married that she was sure I won't marry from my town as well because our legs are outside
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by asha80(m): 1:45am On Nov 17, 2011
Obiagu1:

My town is relatively big. This is as far back as my dads generation though many of those in my generation tend to marry from wherever.
In my village, my dad's family where the only ones that didn't marry from the town and many are not happy with us.

Someone, not long ago, made a remark to my mum when my brother got married that she was sure I won't marry from my town also because our legs are outside

hmm this quite different from mine as the guys in my town hardly marry from within.this even stems from my granfather's time.non of my uncles married from within.
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by Obiagu1(m): 1:53am On Nov 17, 2011
asha 80:

hmm this quite different from mine as the guys in my town hardly marry from within.this even stems from my granfather's time.non of my uncles married from within.

That's the thing. Towns are different.
My mum's town is even worse; most of them married within. The funny thing about them is that they will even do their church wedding in their town, even those living abroad will return to wed in the town's church.
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by ezeagu(m): 2:00am On Nov 17, 2011
None of this Igbo identity issue is even an issue in Alaigbo. I don't know why diaspora Igbo like exaggerating issues because of reasons unknown.

'The Igbo language is dying' because Lagos, Abuja and US/UK Igbo children are not speaking Igbo
'Igbo people are not one' because some Igbo person insulted your town.
'There's no such word as Igbo' because you like your clans name better.

Really, all these things aren't an issue with real Igbo people in Igboland.
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:07am On Nov 17, 2011
Asha80, explain your doubt. Wait until you see how those people are discusing the greatness of Anambra! I know those people more than you can ever know. Upper iweka road was named after the great Obosi king IWEKA. That orinmili state is a freaking joke,go and mention it at ohanaeze Ndigbo. Onitsha people are settlers,hence ana Onicha aburo nke fa. Ogbaru people on the other side are decendants of Nri,but Onicha and Ogbaru people do have similar dialects and even Obosi and Onicha almost speak identical Igbo dialects. Most of these people brewing division in Anambra has not the slightest knowledge of these people.
Do you know tha Oyi people of Anambra are OLU  people? Its more complicated than you think!! Say what you know,guys.
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by ezeagu(m): 2:12am On Nov 17, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

Wait until you see how those people are discusing the greatness of Anambra!

Anambra of 1991 or Anambra before its demarcation, or Anambra before the Nigerian government created it from the regions?
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by asha80(m): 2:16am On Nov 17, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

Asha80, explain your doubt. Wait until you see how those people are discusing the greatness of Anambra! I know those people more than you can ever know. Upper iweka road was named after the great Obosi king IWEKA. That orinmili state is a freaking joke,go and mention it at ohanaeze Ndigbo. Onitsha people are settlers,hence ana Onicha aburo nke fa. Ogbaru people on the other side are decendants of Nri,but Onicha and Ogbaru people do have similar dialects and even Obosi and Onicha almost speak identical Igbo dialects. Most of these people brewing division in Anambra has not the slightest knowledge of these people.
Do you know tha Oyi people of Anambra are OLU  people? Its more complicated than you think!! Say what you know,guys.

relax.see i was suprised when i was watching nta here in nigeria when i saw a delegation that went to the senate demanding orinmili state.i thought it was a bunch of political jobbers until i saw that the delegation was led by Igwe alfred Achebe himself.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/ohanaeze-reiterates-demand-for-orimili-state/

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/aug/29/7.html
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by Obiagu1(m): 2:30am On Nov 17, 2011
asha 80:

relax.see i was suprised when i was watching nta here in nigeria when i saw a delegation that went to the senate demanding orinmili state.i thought it was a bunch of political jobbers until i saw that the delegation was led by Igwe alfred Achebe himself.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/ohanaeze-reiterates-demand-for-orimili-state/

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/aug/29/7.html

One thing is for sure, Onitsha can NEVER be carved out of Anambra else blood will flow. As simple as that.
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by ChinenyeN(m): 2:39am On Nov 17, 2011
odumchi:

Yes, I am interested and would like to find out. However, I suspect that I might already know the answer.
I will definitely answer your question, but before I answer, I'm curious to know what you think I will say. Care to tell me?
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by ChinenyeN(m): 2:43am On Nov 17, 2011
ezeagu:

None of this Igbo identity issue is even an issue in Alaigbo. I don't know why diaspora Igbo like exaggerating issues becayse of reasons unknown.

'The Igbo language is dying' because Lagos, Abuja and US/UK Igbo children are not speaking Igbo
'Igbo people are not one' because some Igbo person insulted your town.
'There's no such word as Igbo' because you like your clans name better.

Really, all these things aren't an issue with real Igbo people in Igboland.

That is how things happen for diaspora populations, in general.
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:45am On Nov 17, 2011
Asha80, do you notice something irregular about that report ? Is Igwe Achebe an Ohaneze authority ? Why would they refer to him as Ohaneze chieftain? Well, lets see how the things unfold. Again,lets see how Ohaneze handles this cause they arent the only people clamouring for state creation.
Mark my words, that orinmili will never see the day light!!!
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by ChinenyeN(m): 2:56am On Nov 17, 2011
Chyz*:

We all know that the relation of Ngwa to Ukwuani is the same as the relation of Ngwa to Ashanti or fulani.

*nods* It's good to know you have some form of understanding regarding this.
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:59am On Nov 17, 2011
Obiagu1, am glad somebody sees what I am seeing. Look at Onicha people wanting to suck in a saliva they just spat out with disgust!! They have figured that Onicha can never make it alone,hence their effort to drag Ogbaru people who they regard as "nwa onye Igbo". Onicha indigens has ZERO and I mean ZERO investment in Onicha metropolis!!! when I look at these fools I laugh in Biafran rage!  Usu enwero onu!
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by odumchi: 3:09am On Nov 17, 2011
ChinenyeN:

I will definitely answer your question, but before I answer, I'm curious to know what you think I will say. Care to tell me?

"Ngwagi diya ganwuo" grin is what I expected from you.
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by Obiagu1(m): 3:18am On Nov 17, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

Obiagu1, am glad somebody sees what I am seeing. Look at Onicha people wanting to suck in a saliva they just spat out with disgust!! They have figured that Onicha can never make it alone,hence their effort to drag Ogbaru people who they regard as "nwa onye Igbo". Onicha indigens has ZERO and I mean ZERO investment in Onicha metropolis!!! when I look at these fools I laugh in Biafran rage!  Usu enwero onu!

It's one of the reasons Anioma state has not been created yet. In the past, they tend to include Onitsha as their capital and it always failed.
Probably now that they have Asaba, maybe their struggle to have Anioma will come to pass and leave Onitsha were it belongs, in Anambra.

As for Oshimilli, I don't think a state with that name will ever be created.
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by ChinenyeN(m): 3:27am On Nov 17, 2011
Odumchi, it's actually still going to be "ngwam"; Ngwam diya ma agha/anwuo; Ngwam diya ga agha/anwuo. . But yeah, it's a good thing I asked you like i did though, because the response I was initially going to give would have gone off in a different direction. So yeah, ngwam diya ma agha is my response, just as you thought.
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by ezeagu(m): 4:03am On Nov 17, 2011
Chyz*:
We all know that the relation of Ngwa to Ukwuani is the same as the relation of Ngwa to Ashanti or fulani.

What utter bullshit.
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by tpia5: 5:22am On Nov 17, 2011
that i.diot wants to start with me sha.

undecided
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by Chyz2: 5:27am On Nov 17, 2011
tpia@:

that i.diot wants to start with me sha.

undecided

ode buruku scram. fata, biko!!!
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by tpia5: 5:30am On Nov 17, 2011
^^are you by any chance the same animal as that freak called da rapture and any of his monikers?

the two of you always drop in at the same time like the rotten pennies you are?
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by Chyz2: 5:41am On Nov 17, 2011
tpia@:

^^are you by any chance the same animal as that freak called da rapture and any of his monikers?

the two of you always drop in at the same time like the rotten pennies you are?

could u be the same grumpy ol' lady by the moniker of Tpiah?
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by tpia5: 5:44am On Nov 17, 2011
^go easy on your mama plz.

no need to start abusing her on a public forum.
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by Chyz2: 5:50am On Nov 17, 2011
tpia@:

^go easy on your mama plz.

no need to start abusing her on a public forum.

Ouch! yes ma I like it wen u talk dirty to me kiss
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by tpia5: 5:54am On Nov 17, 2011
^^hmm, you really think you're smart, dont you.

how long have you been on this forum?

any success yet?
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by Chyz2: 5:59am On Nov 17, 2011
tpia@:

^^hmm, you really think you're smart, dont you.

how long have you been on this forum?

any success yet?

I prefer intelligent. And success in regards to wat?
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by airmark(m): 7:05am On Nov 17, 2011
Only few posts here are brilliant. Others are meant for the trash can.
Just like in espana football -Real madrid and Athletico madrid. We should have (Real ibo and Athletico ibo). . grin This thread is a reassurance that presidency will always elude ibos as long as there is a country called Nigeria exists. Ibos disunited grin grin grin
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 17, 2011
@ Abagworo,

doesn't that show how silly and deceitful you are as a person. You quoted someone who claimed to be speaking for ''Ebonyi'' and i set you straight by letting you know that an Ezza man would rather claim closeness to an Nkanu man (Enugu State) than an Afikpo man (Ebonyi State) and you diverted the subject to north and south Ebonyi.

For the record, their is nothing like north and south Ebonyi and quit trying to create unnecesary boundaries between them. Go and do that nonsense with your Imo.

You are really a silly person and should go and sit somewhere in the corner because you have no case. I bet you whine and throw tantrums over any insult hurled your way in real life and have to open a thread about it each time. You claim that a certain person insulted Imo and for that reason you ran up here to open this shrewd thread and whine that you are not accepted by other Igbos and i gladly pointed out that others also sometimes face such predicament but you never see them crying and whining like you because it is not what is obtainable in the real world and is no biggie.

Honestly, while i do not want to generalize, i am starting to believe what people say about Imo people, you people are cunning, deceitful and love creating enmity between brothers. It is a shame that you people have chosen to go down this path.

Oh and you remain Igbo whether you like it or not and nobody would ever call you anything else, you better get used to it, cretin.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by Abagworo(m): 8:40am On Nov 17, 2011
If you study this thread well, you will still notice the stuf. It is everywhere. Some Igbos need to stop feeling above others. Imagine people swearing that Orinmili State will never work and confidently claiming they have been blocking Anioma State creation.The bad part of this whole issue is that the report will read "Igbos are against Anioma or Orinmili" while a vast majority of other Igbos have no issues with that.

For the Igbo project to work, all Igbos must be viewed as equal.
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2011
Abagworo,u need to man up and stop being a wimp! We Anambrarians has always being in support of Anioma state and myself has stoutly supported the idea. You know we have Anioma. People here and u want to turn them against their Anambra brothers because some Anambra people insulted ebonyians. Obiagu simply said that the reason why Anioma hasnt worked is because they were trying to make Onicha their capital!! Well, I dont know how true that is,but who in their right state of mind will make such proposals!!! I will always pull my support for Anioma state, I have zero problem with its creation and I see it happening soon!! My Anioma brother,remenber that u are of Nri stock and you all are blood brothers with Ndi Anambra and we will always stand by u. Do not listen to this idiotic,deluded Abagworo because his trying to plant the seed of division and hate amongst brothers!!
As for Orinmili, Ogbaru people and Onitsha people are all our brothers and there is no need for such demarcation. I will give my support to Igboezuo state because Orinmili is not feasible.
Abagworo, stop looking for trouble where there is non. Mind ur business!!
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by ezeagu(m): 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2011
Onicha people are closer linked to 'Anioma' than the rest of Anambra State clans. Their clan is based there.
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by ChinenyeN(m): 2:04pm On Nov 17, 2011
Remove all the 'states' and give the respective "clans" (mtchww see this word) their rightful autonomy and then we'll find the actually answer this "fusion" question.
Re: Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? by ChinenyeN(m): 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2011
Abagworo:

For the Igbo project to work, all Igbos must be viewed as equal.
For the "Igbo Project" to work, it will need to operate in a system that is not Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Conflicting Police, DSS Reports On Agom Adara's Killers In Kaduna / What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? / Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.