Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

How Do I Get More Weight? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Get More Weight? (3072 Views)

I'm Too Thin!!!what Can I Do To Gain More Weight? / How Can You Add More Weight If You're Too Skinny? / I Want To Add More Weight. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get More Weight? by hitsales(m): 9:55am On Sep 20, 2007
Can any Medic give a reply to the above subject? It's important and urgent
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by Adebam(f): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2007
Hitsales,
are we actually sharing same mind u cant believe that, this was the same question i was about posting.

i need more weight too.i am too lepa for my likeness
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by Aiphie(f): 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2007
Who knows how these two people can gain weight plz tell them. Abi?
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by Aiphie(f): 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2007
Who knows how these two people can gain weight plz tell them. Abi?
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by hitsales(m): 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2007
Adebam:

Hitsales,
are we actually sharing same mind u can't believe that, this was the same question i was about posting.

i need more weight too.i am too lepa for my likeness

Hey Babe, Do you have any alternative to this unbearable sting?
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by tommyex(m): 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2007
Tae blood medicine,sleep well and eat well
Though some people just cant be fat,but u ll surely add weight.

Sleep n food r d keys.

Except u hav knife 2 take some part of me,I am 2 fat 4 any standard door,lol
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2007
Im also too lepa for my likeness how do get fat?
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by mabelgee(f): 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2007
bring money let me sale mine to you, since you want to add weight abi you want die
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by ufobabe(f): 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2007
be grateful 4 ur stature.

do u know that u have an advantage over the fat?

u can wear anything, say any gown u desire.

na lepa dey rane now
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by Scopium: 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2007
Me too I'm slim, matter of fact back in school my nickname was Slim Shady even my yahoo id is skinnyspecie. I wouldn't mind a little flesh. Ironically though I like buxoms. Be yourself people!
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by ssRhino: 10:12pm On Oct 18, 2007
Eat a lot of food and be a couch potato, and make sure u dont think at all oh
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by dellynash(f): 11:44am On Oct 24, 2007
eat well and have peace of mind, have enough rest
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by lucyc(f): 12:10pm On Oct 25, 2007
drink plenty of yoghurt and sleep more,i tell you in lessthan two weeks you will blow up and come back here for testimony.(speaking from experence) i am going to the gym now because i over blew up. grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by pheesayor(m): 1:14pm On Oct 25, 2007
To all who wanna be fat I'll advice you have a rethink cos fat isnt good for the body. I was also in ur shoes seven years ago when i wanted to be fat. Now I've been fat for 6yrs and regretting cos it has caused me harm. Fatigue, decreased strength, too much sleep and the likes. Being fat is a disaster(ask other fat people). Adding a little flesh for the exetremely skinny is adviceable but not growing fat oooooo
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by Shinatu: 1:19pm On Oct 25, 2007
There is this multivitamin called Cyprigold, it makes one eat and sleep.
U may try it if u want
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2007
Yeah I had the same issues like a year ago. Was really thin and i didnt like it.
I started working out: 100 push ups every morning, and 50 sit ups.
That did the magic, i noticed my appetite for food increased and subsequently my weight.
a year later, i'v added 10 kg, and i feel great about myself.
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by ST3V3(m): 1:57pm On Oct 26, 2007
Its very easy!
You will get all sorts of unprofessional advise,but people are only trying to help. I'm not a medical practitioner or dietitian myself, but into active excercise and all i'm going to say is based on (personal observation/knowledge & experience)

To gain weight/add flesh/pack on muscle, you need to boost your protien intake. However, the food we eat eventhough supplies protien, the body can only absorb the amount it needs to sustain itself. This is why,if you eat too much beans,meat,milk/dairy products rich in protein, u end up with constipation/stomachupset. Because the body can only absorb a little. This is where whey protien comes in, whey is a pure form of protein that can easily be digested. it has been processed, (some hydrolase,some isolate) to remove traces of fats. Which means you can boost your protein intake without side effects and without taking in fat!

Try it (for urself) and see if it works or not. but do go muching on junks,as they will give you pure fat instead and ur next thread will probably be (how do i loose fat!)
Here in the uk, a jar costs about £25-40 depending on product. But i guess it will be cheaper over there. goodluck

google this, holland&barrett uk
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by gilgee(m): 3:43pm On Oct 26, 2007
@ Poster,
I don't think your aim should be getting fat, rather I'll advice you crave to be fit.

Here is a lil tip that really helped me, cuz I was in your shoes before. Factually, I weighed 50KGs when I was 18, after 2 years of applying the below advise, I added more 25kg.
So it’s real and helpful.

The weight gain plan has four major factors contributing to it's effectiveness. To gain weight fast, you ly do - just write it down! Do that for three days. In the morning of day four, look at what you have written down! You will see that you are pretty much eating the same amount of food each day, without really having noticed it - that's what you have to change here on day four! An example: Lets say that you used to have a bowl of cornflakes with skimmed milk in the morning. All you have to do here, is to replace the skimmed milk with whole-milk! You still will be eating the same amount of food but in a different way - as whole-milk contains a lot more calories than skimmed milk! Another example: Lets say, at lunch time you used to eat a tuna sandwich and a bottle of water Try this out: Put some salad oil in your tuna sandwich and drink a glass of orange juice instead of water! Again - you will still be eating the same amount of food, but again - just in another way! Get my point here?

The problem with people who are trying to put on weight, is the amount of food they have to consume
they simply cannot eat that much! The one and only way to overcome that problem, is to replace the food they are already eating with food with a much higher content of calories. But you can do even more than just changing your eating habits to improve your weight gain problems! Try to join a gym and lift some iron 2 - 3 times a week, this will build muscle mass and improve your body's ability to digest the food you are eating, which will also help you a lot to put on weight! Remember to drink a big glass of orange juice and eat a banana right after exercise to help the muscle building process!

Another vital factor is sleep!
Try to get at least eight hours of sleep every night - and if you can, eat a peanut butter sandwich just before going to bed!

Try all the above for at least two weeks, and at the end of week two, you will have put on at least five pounds of body weight - not just fat but also some quality muscle mass as a result of the weight lifting routine as well!
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by ST3V3(m): 4:53pm On Oct 26, 2007
The one and only way to overcome that problem, is to replace the food they are already eating with food with a much higher content of calories. But you can do even more than just changing your eating habits to improve your weight gain problems

*Metabolic Rate is the rate at which the body burns up calories. A body that consumes 2500 calories a day, and burns 2500 calories a day will stay at the same weight. A body consuming 2500 calories daily but burning only 2000 will gain weight at the rate of about 1lb a week, now think of how much sugar u will be taking in to gain just 1lb?
Increasing calorie will only have significant contribution to ur energy, its increased intake is not a healthy way of gaining weight, but a way of storing fat & pot belly!

Try to join a gym and lift some iron 2 - 3 times a week, this will build muscle mass and improve your body's ability to digest the food you are eating, which will also help you a lot to put on weight

*Lifting iron 2-3 times a day for a skinny person is simply going to lead to muscle cannibalism! simple as this, take in flesh-ad on flesh
The other alternative to the processed whey protein, is chicken.
Boil some chicken and eat as a meal on its own, frying will bring in oil (fat)which u dont want, this could be tirering but have the meal once a day for 2weeks and see how clean you feel and also some flesh coming up.
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by chidichris(m): 9:54am On Oct 27, 2007
just go by 3 fufu in the morning, three in the afternoon and three in the night. if you can do this for three weeks, then let me know how far
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by scientist(m): 6:09pm On Oct 27, 2007
grin grin grin log on to www.weightgainplus.com and the rest is history.  grin grin grin grin grin
chidichris:

just go by 3 fufu in the morning, three in the afternoon and three in the night. if you can do this for three weeks, then let me know how far
i have tried the add weight capsules on most of these naija  softsale mags but to no avail  angry angry angry angry angry
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by scientist(m): 6:20pm On Oct 27, 2007
I get so appalled  because I look slender [lean] in shape although I look healthy   angry angry angry angry You just have to be grateful with the way you are. remember you are fearfully and wonderfully made by GOD  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by janami(f): 6:26pm On Oct 27, 2007
i am slender myself but men, i appreciate my body. but i think takin enuff multivitamins will at least make u gain some
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by sweetberry(f): 8:09am On Oct 28, 2007
IF u mean building up
i ve a friend what he does is drink protein shake, eat, eat & eat  & he also go to the gym a lot
he is now so big
Re: How Do I Get More Weight? by face969: 11:47pm On Oct 29, 2007
Ok this has worked all the time, I wont charge you either

BUY YRSELF A BLENDER

BUY SOME FLOUR (BAKING), MILO, CRATE OF EGGS, LARGE TIN POWDER MILK,

BANANAS AND GROUNDNUTS, THESE 2 ARE OPTIONAL

BREAK 1 EGG, INTO HALF A BLENDER FULL OF MILK 4 LARGE TABLESPOONS ADD 6 TBS OF FLOUR AND 5 TBS MILO, ADD WATER BUT NOT TO THE BRIM OF THE BLENDER CUP.

BLEND THE MIXTURE

DRINK IT.

DO 15-20 PUSH UPS +/- 1HOUR BEFORE DRINKING THE MIXTURE

EAT YR 3 SQAURE MEALS AS USUAL

DO THIS FOR 2WKS

TELL ME ABT THE RESULTS

CHEERS.

(1) (Reply)

Why Rabbit Meat Is The Best For Pregnant Women / Please Translate This Term / Dont Blame Electric Ant, It Is Caused By BLISTER BEETLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.