Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source (184515 Views)

The World's Most Educated President Is An African. Find Out Who The Person Is / Fayose Attacks Obasanjo, Says Ex-president Is Nigeria’s Main Enemy / The President Is Coming To Abia State And The Whole Town Is Closed Down!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 8:19am On Nov 16, 2011
Mmm
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by homerac7: 8:31am On Nov 16, 2011
^

Hey, cool down dude. Cut d adrenaline rush. Why do u want to attack Mauritania? Do u hav an evidence of d state culpable? Crime commited by an individual cannot b arbitrarily visited on a nation. My guy, abeg chillax grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by 9ijaMan: 8:36am On Nov 16, 2011
Reuben Abati of NL aka Beaf is trying to pull a fast one again. The BKH sponsors are not only Nigerians now but an ex-president of a country that is thousands of miles away from 9ja. These GEJ clowns no go kill person o!
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 16, 2011
First we informed 
The Federal Government has sensationally disclosed that it now has strong evidence on the identity of those involved in the recurrent bomb attacks across the country.  Following this, President Goodluck Jonathan has given an express order to security agencies to go after these terrorists and their sponsors, staing that they were testing his resolve to deal decisively with them -- -- Sept 3rd
then subsequently assured
NIGERIANS will soon have a list of terrorists and terrorists groups, it was learnt yesterday.
The government will publish the list as part of measures to fight the growing scourge of terrorism -- -- November 7th (2 whole months later)
only to learn from a newspaper published online - theWILL
Boko Haram, the extremist Nigerian Islamic group, operating in Northern Nigeria is being financed and backed by a former Prime Minister and President of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania, THEWILL has gathered from a top security source.
Our source declined to go into details when we pressed for specifics, but hinted that security chiefs are close to piecing all the loose ends together following the arrest and successful repatriation of some Nigerian radical extremists from Pakistan and Libya, who are giving useful information to intelligence officials.

Taking stock, one has got to ask why the wheels of progress turn so slowly in Nigeria?

Why is the FGN so reticent about naming and persecuting local collaborations/sponsors who they know to exist?

Why leave the task of naming unnamed sources who finger a foreign sponsor to theWILL?
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by 9ijaMan: 9:37am On Nov 16, 2011
eGuerrilla:

First we informed  then subsequently assured only to learn from a newspaper published online - theWILL
Taking stock, one has got to ask why the wheels of progress turn so slowly in Nigeria?

Why is the FGN so reticent about naming and persecuting local collaborations/sponsors who they know to exist?

Why leave the task of naming unnamed sources who finger a foreign sponsor to theWILL?
Because theWILL is one of the main GEJ propaganda machines! If you search through the posts most of GEJ's cronies on NL, particularly Beaf, their source have always been the same theWILL. I'd advice you not to worry your head to much 'cos we'll have a new twist and version by next week.
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by Godmann(m): 10:44am On Nov 16, 2011
Gentlemen

Obasanjo, Gej and so many others are part of the global plot to undo Nigeria with so many blood shed.

Read

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-803651.32.html#msg9567878.

Read a prediction made since 2004

Pacification and resistance (guardian newspapers of today)
By Edwin Madunagu
AS a young student, I was highly intrigued by the word "pacification". I was aware that the ordinary meaning of "pacify", is "to allay anger or agitation", or "to restore a tranquil state", and that in this sense, pacification is the process of achieving or restoring peace. But in politics and political history, I found that "pacification" conveyed something radically different. It means, specifically, the violent suppression of mass discontent, protest or rebellion. Although I found, later, that pacification - in the political sense - also carried the ideas of restitution and appeasement - suggesting that the victims of the policy must have been considered by the perpetrators as having some grounds for their attitudes - this did not dissolve the confusion that afflicted me, the joke that the English Language appeared to be playing on me.

The resolution of the contradiction in the meaning of pacification came to me in the form of Machiavellianism: the end justifying the means. In President Obasanjo's Republic, pacification means the restoration of peace by the elimination of sources of opposition essentially by violent means. The other means include the threat of violence - implicit or explicit - and the settlement of opportunists and traitors. That is what is known as the peace of the graveyard. One way of settling a dispute and restoring peace is to eliminate the opposition as a group and settle some of the opponents as individuals. My problem as a young activist was my mobility to see that there are several forms of peace and that pacification only conveys one particular form. Contemporary theatres of pacification in Nigeria include the Niger Delta on top of the list.

President Olusegun Obasanjo appears to be embarking on a twin programme of political pacification: general pacification of the polity, and special pacification of specific segments of the polity. He is doing this either as a necessary step in the realisation of the rumoured "third term" agenda, or to realise the immediate pacification objective of the "international community", or both. The objective of the general pacification is to neutralise all pockets of political opposition within the ruling party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and to defeat, even before the 2007 contest, all opposing political forces, including those that are now in existence and are known, those that are in existence, but underground, and those that they are threatening to emerge. The objective of the special pacification is to blackmail into submission, by legal means, by settlement, and by state violence, all ethnic-based opposition to the present geopolitical structure and the political course which the regime intends to perpetuate.

The agenda sketched above is being pursued with the support of, and indeed, in alliance with, imperialism a.k.a the "international community". If the President succeeds in both objectives, an immediate product will be the emergence of a new hegemonic power bloc in Nigeria, a new power bloc that will shake up, from the roots, the existing two power blocs - the Northern power bloc and the Western power bloc - absorb their best parts and supplant them. It will be a thoroughly conservative and pro-imperialist power bloc, a slave component of the international community, a brutal and traitorous stooge that has no national pride.

If this calamity - which was predictable, and was indeed predicted - befalls Nigeria, then we shall see what fascism or neofascism is in reality, that is, outside the textbooks. It is then we shall see, in practice, what the "international community" means by "democracy" and the "fight against terrorism".
I am reminded of an anecdote: A certain geography teacher loved speaking about winter. On retirement, he stepped out of the school compound where he had lived and taught for several years. It was during a particularly severe winter, but he could not recognise the weather. He was told by his former students that it was winter. "No, children", he answered, "this is not winter. It is a disturbance in nature". Let us not behave like the old Geography teacher.

In a recent private chat, a comrade of mine suggested that the regime in Nigeria must have been given the task of undermining genuine democracy, not only in Nigeria, but also along the entire West Coast of Africa. Countries cited as examples included Ghana, Togo, Liberia and Cote d'Ivoire. The task is to ensure that the imperialist agenda (consolidating the new American Empire) is realised in every country in the region. The comrade also suggested that two countries in the Third World - Nigeria and Indonesia - have been permitted by the "international community" to delay the introduction of even the minimal market, democracy being proposed for the periphery of the new American Empire. The consolidation of the empire - is more urgent than democracy! We both laughed, but I would have been mad to throw away his hypotheses. Everyone can see what the regime is doing with the African Union (AU), Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), NEPAD, etc.

I wish to propose that we expand our conception of the "third term" agenda. I remember I made a similar proposition during the tail end of General Ibrahim Babangida's transition programme when it became clear that the General planned to install either himself, or someone, in power or, at the very least, prevent some categories of people from succeeding him. I suggested then that the rumoured "hidden agenda" of the general should be subsumed in a larger, more robust, formulation of our political problem. In a similar manner, I am suggesting that in the present situations, we should move from speculation to assumption. It makes practical political sense to assume that President Obasanjo has a "third term" agenda, that is, he is planning to extend his tenure as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria beyond May 2007, or stamp his imprimatur on the post-2007 governance, by means that are not yet clear, even to himself. But our conception of this agenda must be a mature one.

My proposition is based on this simple reasoning: Given the current national and international situation, and the role which Nigeria is being made to play in it, President Obasanjo, acting in concert with the "international community", will fight to install, in office, as his 2007 successor, someone as loyal, as trustworthy and as dependable as himself. The best "someone" is of course Obasanjo himself. If this fails, the strategists will move to the "second best", and then the "third best", etc., and the weapons they will assemble in their arsenal will include the constitutional and the unconstitutional, the legal and the illegal, the peaceful and the violent, the national and the international. The exact weapon or combination of weapons to be used to realise this objective depends on the balance of forces at the appropriate moment. I believe that if the problem is formulated in this way, what is now known as the "third term" agenda will simply appear as one possible form - out of the several which the problem may take - rather than the problem itself. The problem remains even if Obasanjo renounced his alleged ambition tomorrow.

If that is the case, then a single strategic solution which will deal with "third term" agenda, as well as other forms of "undemocratic perpetuation", may be sought. I am convinced that his proposition embodies a strong strategy, one that is capable of winning or, at least, stopping a national mockery or disgrace. I am, however, also convinced that it will not appeal to many professional politicians including, in particular, those who are waiting to be pacified or for the correct offer to fall in line with Obasanjo's plans, and those who do not want to stake anything in any pursuit, but would rather dream of winning in all cases. Although my proposition is not a revolutionary platform, I believe it is one around which a broad democratic, anti-fascist, coalition can be built; or if such a coalition is already in existence, it could help to strengthen it, expand it and sharpen its focus for the 2007 battle.

I find it difficult at this time to predict the trajectory of President Obasanjo's pacification campaign. I doubt, however, if the effort is necessary. What is necessary at this stage is, first, to follow, very closely, the political developments in the country especially in, and around, President Obasanjo, the National Assembly, and the PDP. Secondly, to follow, very closely, what is happening in the pacification campaign in the Niger Delta and in the Southeast geopolitical zone; thirdly, on the basis of this close observation, to try to see or work out the connections between seemingly disparate events; and fourthly to try to make simple one-step predictions, that is, to intelligently speculate on what could immediately follow.

The minimum political act that is demanded of every Nigerian patriot and democrat, at this stage, is simple vow: that the "third term" agenda - whether in the restricted form of extension of tenure or in the general form of "undemocratic perpetuation" - will not be allowed to succeed. The resolution must be unconditional and categorical; that is, it must not entertain "exceptional" situations such as the existence of "emergency" or threat to "national unity" which some people must now be articulating. Make this resolution today and seek out other resolutionists. We have to resurrect the spirit of June 12, 1993 even without an Abiola.
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2011
Let's see how this shindig pans out.

By Fidet Mansour for Magharebia in Algiers - 17/11/11

Foreign ministers of Sahel countries Algeria, Mali, Mauritania and Niger will convene in Nouakchott next month to discuss regional security with their peers from Nigeria, Burkina Faso and Chad, according to the Algerian government.

"Our goal is to assess the degree of the terrorist threat and act accordingly by collective and concrete action," Algerian Minister for Maghreb and African Affairs Abdelkader Messahel said last Sunday at a joint press conference with visiting Mauritanian Foreign Minister Hamadi Ould Baba Ould Hamadi.

Among topics of discussion will be ties between al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) and Nigerian terrorist organisation Boko Haram (translated as "western education is dangerous"wink.

"We are convinced that there has been some co-ordination between Boko Haram and al-Qaeda," the Algerian minister told the press. "The way in which the two organisations operate and reports from intelligence services clearly show that there is co-ordination."

Boko Haram engineered the August 26th UN bombing in Abuja that left 23 dead and scores wounded. The group also claimed responsibility for deadly attacks on police stations and churches in Damaturu, Nigeria on November 4th, which claimed scores of lives.

The Mauritanian foreign minister categorically denied any link or contact between his country and AQIM. "I'm not aware of those contacts; we are not familiar with al-Qaeda, but we are familiar with terrorist gangs who attack our country from time to time. Our response is to step up security. We have no intention of negotiating with terrorists," he said.
Read more: http://www.magharebia.com/cocoon/awi/xhtml1/en_GB/features/awi/features/2011/11/17/feature-01
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 17, 2011
Look at the teeth on that thing.
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by Kapardanie(m): 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2011
A whole bullshit, Boko Haram was made in Nigeria, look, in every wrong step that government takes a new carde of criminals are made, let JEG remove oil subsidy, you will then understand what im saying.
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by otokx(m): 6:52pm On Nov 18, 2011
government magic
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by bilms(m): 12:07pm On Nov 20, 2011
may God help us
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by GHNAMAN: 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
The issues of Boko Haram is a simple issues to deal with if NIGERIA GOVERNMENT is really serious to end BOKO HARAM and his men out of throne.
Nigeria Government should offer A RAMSOM PRICE tag on boko haram the same way Osama Belandi was offer for a ransom tag . and even a ransom price for all the sister countries around the northern Nigeria. this will wipe this criminals.
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by hzakari: 12:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
This issue continue to baffle me and it seems we are no way close to resolving it as approach and understanding of it appears vague. With all that said to have been achieved the recent development of indiscriminate killings along Maiduguri, Damaturu and Banishek axis left a lot be answered. Most critical observation here is that, no individual, community or belief is spared. Only a honest and patriotic review is necessary to address this and consistency most vital.
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by NaijaPress: 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
APC Is Running Boko Haram - Femi Fani-Kayode
Femi Fani-Kayode - Former Minister in charge of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode has publicly accused the All Progressives Congress of running the Islamic group Boko Haram sect as its supposed military wing.
http://www.naijapress.com.ng/apc-running-boko-haram-femi-fanikayode/
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by vicadex07(m): 2:23am On Aug 06, 2014
dayokanu: We know who the Boko haram backers are.

They are in the South South

One Governor even threatened to unleash Boko Haram on his own state

Yet our president Odechukwu Retardeen would not take any action, Just keeps staring like a lobotomized gorrila

You mean take action against his boys. He already said he knows them. They are his people and what they are doing are of benefit to him (blackmailing northerners as boko sponsors, soliciting for funds, decimating the north and declaring a state of emergency which will subsequently lead to elections not taking place there).
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by Resplendent(m): 7:46am On Oct 04, 2014
I WANT U PPLE TO THINK VERY WELL! Y BOKO HARAM ONLY STRIKING IN D NORTH WHR MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS ARE THERE? TO B CABDID! I THINK DIA IS SOMETHN BEHIND DIS BOKO HARAM AGAINST ISLAM. I B.LV DT THOSE DT AR RUINING D PEACE OF DIS COUNTRY (NIGERIA) WI GO TO HELL FIRE. GOD WI NT FGV U. WACKO PEOPLE WITHOUT BRAIN......GOD WI PUNISH U ALL IF U AR BEHIND DIS.......
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by Resplendent(m): 7:49am On Oct 04, 2014
WHR AR THEY STRIKING IN D NORTH WHR MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS ARE LIVING.......................BIG PPLE WIT BIG HEAD AND WITHOUT BRAIN AR BEHIND IT..........U WI NT B FGVN.................
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by anneedu: 9:07pm On Mar 19, 2015
We all know who the backer is, if you say it you are on your own
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by genevieve12(f): 11:14am On Mar 31, 2015
This information appears to have originated from TheWILL

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/75083/1/thewill-exclusive-ousted-former-president-is-boko-.html
Since prophecies,n report have been speculating ex millitary generals as bokoharam backers n d sect threatened sometime ago to reveal its sponsors!what if tomorrow april 1st they come out and say their major sponsor is General muhammed buhari what wud Nigerians do.
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by orunto27: 8:14am On Feb 11, 2016
No.
Re: Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source by georgearon: 10:10pm On Oct 12, 2021
This information is totally false. There are even no sources.
THIS IS FAKE NEWS !!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun Governorship Rerun Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring / Picture Of Slums In The Usa / Nigeria has finished me!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.