Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Native And 'palm' Slippers? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Native And 'palm' Slippers? (5365 Views)

New Arrival! Male Office Shoes, Sneakers,vans, Palm Slippers Etc ! / Latest Styles Of Ladies (native)clothes / Sexy Native Wears. (naija Style) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Native And 'palm' Slippers? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 16, 2011
I love wearing native a lot and I also love wearing slippers-they are so comfy. However, I need to know if the combination of native and 'palm' slippers is a fashion faux pas. So, fashionistas help me out.
P.S. I also don't know the correct spelling of whatever we call 'palm' slippers in Nigeria.
Re: Native And 'palm' Slippers? by NnamdiN: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2011
it looks better with the "palm"(it seems that's the pronounciation) but I don't really know if it's cool wearing palm and native to an occasion.
Re: Native And 'palm' Slippers? by iice(f): 4:45pm On Nov 16, 2011
I think it works well with native but on events you need to dress up your feet.
Palm slippers are not that formal.
Re: Native And 'palm' Slippers? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2011
Thanks.
iice:

I think it works well with native but on events you need to dress up your feet.
Palm slippers are not that formal.

so are sandals good enuf for 'dressing up'?
Re: Native And 'palm' Slippers? by InkedNerd(f): 12:58am On Nov 17, 2011
What's native and palm slippers?
Re: Native And 'palm' Slippers? by iice(f): 3:18am On Nov 17, 2011
moroh:

Thanks. so are sandals good enuf for 'dressing up'?
In some situations yes.  But lets say, something like a wedding, i think a closed shoe looks more appropriate

Inked_Nerd:

What's native and palm slippers?
Native is our tradition clothes.
Palm slippers are these, though these are of an older design.

[img]http://4.bp..com/_BSUIbFWO9s4/SwAi576eLkI/AAAAAAAAABQ/c8utGgJ6_7Q/s320/MALE.jpg[/img]
Re: Native And 'palm' Slippers? by InkedNerd(f): 2:09pm On Nov 17, 2011
iice:

In some situations yes.  But lets say, something like a wedding, i think a closed shoe looks more appropriate
Native is our tradition clothes.
Palm slippers are these, though these are of an older design.

[img]http://4.bp..com/_BSUIbFWO9s4/SwAi576eLkI/AAAAAAAAABQ/c8utGgJ6_7Q/s320/MALE.jpg[/img]

Oh ok. Alright. We have those in my house. I was kinda confused with the name. Thanks! iice grin

(1) (Reply)

2014 Year In Review: Celebrity Wardrobe Malfunctions / Million Ways To Colour Your Hair While On Low Cut / What Is Your Favourite Hairstyle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.