Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,928 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:41 AM

Car Remote Control - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Car Remote Control (1483 Views)

Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues / Push Button Electric Car Jack,Electric WheelSpanner, Electric Tyre Air Pump 7/17 / Loss Of Car Remote Control. Can It Be Replaced? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Remote Control by mmb(m): 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2007
I want to know the best place where i can repair my remote control for car security in abuja.pls help
Re: Car Remote Control by sultaan(m): 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2007
If you are talking about the fob not working, open it with a screwdriver, pull out the watch battery(probably2), go to a watch seller and get battery with same number on the back.
Re: Car Remote Control by mmb(m): 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2007
HI, sultan.the problem is not battery.the problem is that the LED light doesn't go off when i put the battery and the car's security is not responding to the transmitter
Re: Car Remote Control by sultaan(m): 5:47am On Sep 22, 2007
Did it ever work when you got it or did you drop the fob(in water?).
I'm confused right now you never mentioned if you can still lock/open door with your fob(I assume that is what you meant)

If your fob has a good battery, and just stopped working you will need to reprogramme it, and if its damaged, it can't be repaired you'll have to buy a new/used one and programme it to work with you car at dealership(money!)
Re: Car Remote Control by mmb(m): 1:03pm On Sep 29, 2007
hi, sultan.the remote has not worked since i got it.can i get any remote to buy and programme it to my security system.? because i do not want to change the factory installed security,the security light at the center console blinks whenever i lock the door, which shows it can work perfectly if the remote is good. pls i am waiting for your response.thanks
Re: Car Remote Control by sultaan(m): 3:44am On Sep 30, 2007
Since you said it had never worked on the car, I guess someone sold you a car with non-working fob. Find out if you have the right remote for you car and you may have to get someone in US if its a US spec. There is a link to ebay for a '97 fob, if it looks exactly like yours with the right FCCID number on its back get a friend to buy and ship to you with instructions.On the '98 accord I programmed I used a working fob to programme a new on to the car.I'm not sure if you'll need a working fob for a '97. Or you may just need programming instruction if you have a working fob.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Honda-ACCORD-94-95-96-97-Keyless-Entry-Remote-FOB_W0QQitemZ230176068302QQihZ013QQcategoryZ33723QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Re: Car Remote Control by sultaan(m): 3:48am On Sep 30, 2007
Re: Car Remote Control by Babylove2(f): 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2007
hi guys, i ve a similar problem with my honda civic 93 model car.

i bought d car recently from cotonou with only one remote control no spare, and i dont want to change the security. so how do i get a spare one please.

secondly, the security has two bottons on it but only one is working i dont no the function of the other one.

please assist with your oustanding contributions.

thanks.

Re: Car Remote Control by mmb(m): 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2007
@ baby love.
this your car is very clean.abi na new or oyibo used?
Re: Car Remote Control by abatcha(m): 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2007
abeg! wherecan i get used remote control for my honda accord car in this naija? thanks

(1) (Reply)

How Reliable Is Chevrolet Optra? / Wow! 2008 Honda Accords For Quick Grabs! / Your Automobile Shipping Needs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.