Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (21163 Views)

Modenine Accuses Nairaland Of Destructive Criticisms / Ruggedman and Tuface (2Face) / Eedris Abdukareem or Ruggedman: Who Would You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by bouzymill(m): 12:41am On Sep 28, 2007
nuff said already with the poll. Mode takes the lead.

What you don't realize is that people recognize what is real and rite when it comes to identification.

Example is 50 and kanye sales battle, 50 thought he was goin to win kanye. But Americans showed that when it comes to testing their IQ, they know whats real,

I don't hate Ruggedman, He's good at what he's doin, Only if guys understand the tradition, maybe this would not have been a topic.

don't talk about peace or war, cos rugged is not leavin up to dat anymo,
he's just like 50cent, the last ill track i heard from him was "look what you made me do" in 24 shot, besides ManyMen which sounds ill a lil' bit

Don't try to dis me cos am not down fo dat,
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by eldee(m): 12:58pm On Sep 28, 2007
dude, maybe u didn't listen to ruggedy baba, he fully dissed mode9 on that album but the only thing was that he stopped mentioning names
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by Tjscale(m): 11:14pm On Sep 28, 2007
I love ruggedman alot as i loved ehen and peace or war but the truth is he has kind of become commercial now but thats wats good for the business.I mean look at 50 cent he started right but now he has become soft with Ayo tech and the rest.They are all cool but if we were to pick a better rapper regardless of money or album sales then i would say mode 9 is better,i believe rap is a culture to mode 9 i mean lot at all the mixtapes,freestyles and all.What does rugged have
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by AfroCynic: 12:10am On Sep 29, 2007
Not this shit again! Mode9 is overrated, Geez
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by ochocinco1(m): 12:15am On Sep 29, 2007
Mode 9 has skills, but I guess the context is not quite right to display his skills.

In other words,

''doing the right thing at the wrong place''.
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by eldee(m): 12:32am On Sep 29, 2007
we all know he can't get a record deal with those lyrics in the us, so , where's the right place
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by mailmalc(m): 12:36am On Sep 29, 2007
RUGGED BABA MODENINE
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by bouzymill(m): 3:21am On Oct 01, 2007
@eldee
i heard and digested the lyrics for good, damn straight, he was beefing modenine. but listening to the lyrics very well again, he couldn't come into conclusion what he is actually doing, first verse, " he believes he's keeping it real by speaking what his people can feel" Second verse: "he says when he was keeping it real, he couldn't buy good cloth or shoe" . but there's no problem, he said it at the beginning of his first verse ", playing my controversial character". bottom line, he dissed modenine but not in the lyrical way [ if you know what i mean] Ghetto P dissed Mode9 the lyrical way, Ruggedman has lil space in the lyrical world

talkin about modenine's place in US. I guess Talib Kweli, Pharaohe Monch, Immortal Technique, Mos Def, Blackthought, Strong Arm steady are all somewhere, he would probably be one of those places, atleast they all leave in the U.S doing that lyrical sh*t,

By saying modenine has no space here, you're saying we are not developed to his kind of music, that's limiting us, abeg
we've got a lot of hiphop heads feeling modenine in nigeria
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by mascus: 10:08am On Oct 01, 2007
mode9 is always on top,followed by people like eldee,timi the black1,freestyle,ajasa etc
plssss never compare ruggedboy wit mode9,cos mode9 has gat more punchlines than any rapper around

I use tears instead of ink so you can bet ma lyrics will be sensitive
From 150 BARS

check this out,mode is the illest mcee around ya vicinity*

your crew wanna dis me now with dat weak Banta
I rip three ho's with claws (Claus) like i teamed up with Santa
from ORISUNA BASEMENT FREESTYLE

ruggd man is no where 2 be found, when u talk about lyrics.
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by ritchboi: 11:46am On Oct 01, 2007
Mode nine has some nice lines,but he got a lotta crapy ones 2.I.E 'u a king so i kong u' WTF? Or 'i eat rappers like they made of eggrolls' .9 is overated.
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by eldee(m): 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2007
mascus:

mode9 is always on top,followed by people like eldee,timi the black1,freestyle,ajasa etc
plssss never compare ruggedboy wit mode9,because mode9 has gat more punchlines than any rapper around

I use tears instead of ink so you can bet ma lyrics will be sensitive
From 150 BARS

check this out,mode is the illest mcee around ya vicinity*

your crew want to this me now with that weak Banta
I rip three ho's with claws (Claus) like i teamed up with Santa
from ORISUNA BASEMENT FREESTYLE

ruggd man is no where 2 be found, when u talk about lyrics.

u say he's rugged boi but check out, just the chorus gets u high.

Atewo mo bala/  (I spread my palm and see lines)
A o mo eni to ko/  (I don’t know who wrote them)
We spit in pidjin awon kan  n wuko(Some guys start beefing cus we speak in pidjin)
You better show where you belong/
Ruggedy Baba opomulero mo ja lekan/  (Ruggedy Baba the pillar that holds the building)
Ruggedy Baba opomulero mo ja lekan/  (Ruggedy Baba the pillar that holds the building)
Sa maa/ wo wan/ niran/  (Just keep looking at them)
Spit more/
in your mother tongue/
till the people say say they want more
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by eldee(m): 7:45pm On Oct 01, 2007
@Tjscale
              At least, i respect u for the fact that u appreciate good rap tunes. The simple explanation is that after rugged redefined the rap industry, naija rap started getting too hardcore and too fake. The fact is that mode is too fake for nigerians. The only way u feel his lyrics is if u actually grew up in the streets of new york, with drug dealers and drive-by gang killing. he just can't describe the agberos' and the bus drivers.(Don't mention Stylee. that was the worst piece of shit he ever spat out). And listen to rugged's opinion

And say Paul Play/
Had a hand in letting me know/
What it will take for me to rearrange and eventually blow/
While you sit around and talk shit /
our elders mock our shit/
Cos of our too much metaphorical out of space type shit/
When some rap/
Dem no know where we dey come from/
Back then two rappers on stage was like seven throwing a tantrum/
We need to change that/put a face to our music/
Let the world know where we come from/
Let no one abuse it/

Ruggedy Baba (Second Verse)

And u could listen to Abia State's Finest- 2Shotz Ft Ruggedman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEasSZIBRss
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by bouzymill(m): 12:22am On Oct 02, 2007
@ Eldee

The fact is that mode is too fake for nigerians. The only way u feel his lyrics is if u actually grew up in the streets of new york, with drug dealers and drive-by gang killing. he just can't describe the agberos' and the bus drivers.(Don't mention Stylee. that was the worst piece of shit he ever spat out). And listen to rugged's opinion
Man what. Da. F**k is the basis of your argument? I guess we are all educated here, and for that fact, any educated fellow would bring examples to butress his points,

i want you to answer these questions?
How many modenine tracks have you heard?

do you really understand their lyrics or you just listening to their choruses like Atewolabala?

if you do, give me one track dat talks about drug dealings, drive by gang killings and any that belongs to New York,

bottomline
i don't think you understand any of his lyrics [ heard is diff from understand], cos your post is purely showing that

@richboi
the line you're trying to quote is from elbow room and if you really understand its a "couplet", so you can isolate it,

am hungry like snoop in the deep cover of deathrow
so, i eat rappers like they made of eggrolls

egg roll is used to slant rhyme with deathrow and the second line is completing the first line that explains the fact that he is hungry.

to explain that line, he is lyrically hungry so he outrhymes rappers tryin to front,

@richboi
u know KingKong, then you understand that there is metaphor plus wordplay there.

see if anyone does not understand modenine, that person is not intelligent to do so

i don dey rite too long,
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by timbahama(m): 1:05am On Oct 02, 2007
9 is good probably the best, but his flows dont reflect the nigerian society. he sounds like he is from the bronx, example '' i will tie your mouth with barbed wire'' . true hiphop reflects where u from like dirty south, east coast and west coast rap dont sound alike. Now he is singing about nigerian girls
Rugged on the other hand gave hiphop in nigeria a lifeline with ehen. his verses in ruggedibaba may sound contradictory but it reflects the truth. hiphop is truth
to compare listen to nutty pin's ''livin it up'' they were both on the track

I think rugged is the more complete rapper cos his album is off the hinges u can play all the songs
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by eldee(m): 9:52am On Oct 02, 2007
Thanx for that explanation, see it like this, i stay here in the uk where most of what you get is dizzie rascal, kano and american rapper. when i take my time to go and buy a nigerian cd for five pounds, i really know why i took that decision. it's ot that its too hardcore for me, its just that i want to feel nigeria in the track. mode does not give me that.
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by ritchboi: 4:18pm On Oct 02, 2007
Bouzymill
u talkin crap.how can sometin b made of a finished product(eggrolls)?
and wats d meanin of 'konging' sum1?
cos u wana kick a punchline is not an excuse 2 spew garbage on tracks!
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by kaydee(m): 7:05pm On Oct 02, 2007
bouzymill:

see if anyone does not understand modenine, that person is not intelligent to do so

Right on man
Yeah! Save yourself the stress of schooling fools. They will never understand.Ask them who the best rapper ever is and they will tell you it's 50Cent. He's just too deep for them.
He's far above their level. I'll advice them to listen to more of Ruggedman and 2Shot,even Delicious grin . I bet they don't know who Overdose is.

Niggas fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer
Guess it's just the fury of man
-Nas
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by eldee(m): 7:32pm On Oct 02, 2007
kaydee:

Right on man
Yeah! Save yourself the stress of schooling fools. They will never understand.Ask them who the best rapper ever is and they will tell you it's 50Cent. He's just too deep for them.
He's far above their level. I'll advice them to listen to more of Ruggedman and 2Shot,even Delicious grin . I bet they don't know who Overdose is.
-Nas

dude, no-one is not understanding mode now, (and even if they don't, it doesn't make them fools), but the fact that they don't feel him, doesn't mean they don't understand him. and bro, i listen to more nas, jay and pac than u could ever imagine but that does not kill the fact that i need the nigerian feel in nigerian songs. since modenine does not have that, i don't think he should be rated as the best in nigeria.
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by kaydee(m): 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2007
is this Eldee for real?
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by point45(m): 12:45am On Oct 03, 2007
some people are jobless man, i mean listen to bouzymill and kaydee talk. you guys are not making sense. eldee is the shit man.(at least so he thinks) so please people leave the madman alone. abi na by force? how would you ever make sense to a person who aint got it? and eldee? you want something nigerian, i'll give it to you, oo gbon. and thats basic.
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by bouzymill(m): 12:53am On Oct 03, 2007
@kaydee
hell no, this is not the eldee. well, I figured out from this guy's previous posts. you knw some ***** opinions

@richboi
crap or crack!!! what sh*t are you trying to proof with "finished product"? see, av been advised to let you guyz figure out for yourselvs. now i know what lecturers are goin through! especially when it comes to skoolin *****

@eldee
i listen to more nas, jay and pac than u could ever imagine
anybody can front like he feels rakim, big daddy kane, kurtis blow and all dem, but posts say a lot about people. don't even try to ****
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by tosinadeda: 1:12am On Oct 03, 2007
Its obvious mode9 is a beta lyricist
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by chukky76(m): 7:12am On Oct 03, 2007
ritchboi oh you do not want to start an argument about spewing crap on tracks else we might just have to show u guys how wack rugged man truly is,

dont tempt me
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by ritchboi: 11:05am On Oct 03, 2007
Bouzy
stop showcasing ur madness in public.i undastand evrytin mode9 says.but sometimes in an attempt 2 kick a punchline he says sily shit,like d 2 i quoted.'eggroll' is a finished product n cant b used 2 make sumn else.
its like sayin 'made of televisions',wtf?
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by kachikapor(m): 3:15pm On Oct 03, 2007
i have curiously followed this thread and i must say that its been quite illuminating. at least i dont have to take sides so you might as well hear what i got to say.

without doubt rugged is good yeah? i mean he held it down when the game needed to be, but MODENINE's the best right now in 9ja. lyrical contents, punchlines, story lines concept name it!

i mean he dos not have to swear, and who says his lyrics make you think you're in the bronx? has he mentioned anything on drive bys, stick ups and the likes? hell no!

rather he makes hiphop heads (if una be one) get schooled.

listen to malcom IX he rapped round the computer. In e pluribus unum, He did one around soccer, one for lagos (not even style), and he's reppin to the tilt.

one last line,

ALL HAIL THE SUPER LYRICIST< MODE-NIZZIE
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by jejelolatu(f): 5:51pm On Oct 03, 2007
no need for plenty talk

mode 9 is dha best,regardless of how u look at it.
lyrically or his ability to rap
come on,check out the GLO advert,that advert alone is a hit.

the guy is the best,he won three channelO awards last year

[oops, my bad,that must me kennis music handwork also grin grin grin grin grin]
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by A40(m): 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2007
I prefer Rugged i would rather have him on my track he is more versatile but on second thought both guys are tight its too close to call
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by Wordsmith(m): 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2007
I done said it before, i'll say it before, mode9 is way way overrated over this shit. the way u mode9 fans d*ckride mode9 is so apalling and disgusting, it eventually turns pathetic and amusing. Ocho cinco perfectly got the Big picture with this : "doing the right thing at the wrong place". But i'll rather rephrase that statement - modo's simply applying his skills in a society that doesn't recognise the manner in which he applies his skills. Try as you may to deny this, the objective of any rapper/mc is to reach as many people as possible music-wise and commercially, starting with the grassroot. You don't try explaining a situation to a Nupe in Yoruba, neither do u communicate to folks in Ajegunle/Mafoluku/Orile/Oshodi in Queens English when the lingua franca of these areas is Pidgin! The point here is the music doesn't determine your soceity, your soceity determines the music. Simple, yet twisted as A fuckin' B C = n!/(n-r)! .x+1/y-2(dy/dy[n-r]n!) cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by kaydee(m): 12:40am On Oct 04, 2007
Wordsmith:

I done said it before, i'll say it before, mode9 is way way overrated over this shit. the way u mode9 fans d*ckride mode9 is so apalling and disgusting, it eventually turns pathetic and amusing. Ocho cinco perfectly got the Big picture with this : "doing the right thing at the wrong place". But i'll rather rephrase that statement - modo's simply applying his skills in a society that doesn't recognise the manner in which he applies his skills. Try as you may to deny this, the objective of any rapper/mc is to reach as many people as possible music-wise and commercially, starting with the grassroot. You don't try explaining a situation to a Nupe in Yoruba, neither do u communicate to folks in Ajegunle/Mafoluku/Orile/Oshodi in Queens English when the lingua franca of these areas is Pidgin! The point here is the music doesn't determine your soceity, your soceity determines the music. Simple, yet twisted as A fuckin' B C = n!/(n-r)! .x+1/y-2(dy/dy[n-r]n!) cheesy cheesy tongue

Nah Dude! U're so ignorant. Hip-Hop ain't for ignoramus.Folks in Ajegunle/Mafoluku/Orile/Oshodi don't do rap,they got they kinda music and it's called Galala/Fuji depending on where they @. So just because some folks got low IQ,we all shud stoop so low with them?Just take a second look at what u typed and bit*h slap yourself. Who told U he's not appreciated? Why is he gettin the awards? Real recognise real.

Talkin bout Ruggedman?He's good when he raps for those ignorant folks who know lil or nothin bout Hip-Hop like you and some others but he himself know he ain't shit. Heard that track where Jigga said If lyrics sell,Lyrically he wants to be Talib Kweli? Watch what U say next time.
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by bouzymill(m): 2:18am On Oct 04, 2007
@ritchboi
i just see how hard it is to upgrade your IQ, no matter how hard i try, you'll always be a "half-wit" you are.
but sometimes in an attempt 2 kick a punchline he says sily shit,like d 2 i quoted.'eggroll' is a finished product n can't b used 2 make sumn else.
its like sayin 'made of televisions',wtf?
guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! you don dey vex me, Do they eat Television in in your village, when you are hungry, you eat sumtin "eatable" not television, and stop your finishd product rubbish, like we're in economics class,
if you don't understand english or any natural language, FIX YOUR CAM AND LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU IN A SIGN LANGUAGE, n*tw*t
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by bouzymill(m): 2:47am On Oct 04, 2007
@wordsmith
the only reason i would agree with you that ruggedman is beta is because he is speaking for people like you, and atleast he is the best you have ever had in Naija. Just because he speaks for you : Dumb audience
I dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars
They criticized me for it yet they all yell holla
If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be
lyrically, Talib Kweli
Truthfully I want to rhyme like Common Sense
But I did five mill' - I ain't been rhymin like Common since
- Jay Z [Moment of Clarity, The Black Album]

maybe i should explain to you, Unlike Chinua Achebe who writes in day to day language in order to reach everybody, Wole Soyinka writes in an elevated form because he believes he doesn't write for fools. Don't try to say they are diff.
its not about the mother tongue its all about the skill
I appeal to the learned community
- Modenine [You can't hide, NigelBenn's Kraftwork Mixtape]
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by chukky76(m): 7:17am On Oct 04, 2007
@ wordsmith
"Try as you may to deny this, the objective of any rapper/mc is to reach as many people as possible music-wise and commercially, starting with the grassroot."

how the f u c k anyone can open their mouths and spew nonsense like that is beyond my imagination. and i'm a writer. take a trip to all the highclass malls in town and you get to see swatch stands in every single one of them. thats their objective.

then ask yourself this. where the f u c k do they sell rolexes in lagos?

how many LG centres have you seen around and how f u c k i n g large are they? take a trip to v/island and see the tiny corner office that houses bang and olufsen.

its beta to keep silent and have people ponder about your stupidity than to speak and get it confirmed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Davido Ft. Meekmills- Fans Mi (official Video) / Nigerian Reggae Music Of The 1980s And 1990s / Download Music: Diamond Jimma X Stone D – Aje (cover)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.