Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit (7775 Views)

Remove Fuel Subsidy Now! World Bank Tells Buhari. / CBN Orders Banks To Publish Names Of Debtors From End Of July / CBN To Publish Names Of Bank Debtors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by Goddex: 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2011
Federal Government to Publish Names of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries!

NaijaPundit sources have informed us that the Presidency is preparing for publication a list of the identities of the cartel behind the fuel importation racket that has benefitted from the fuel subsidy that costs the federal
government 1.3 trillion Naira annually.

Sources said that the publication of the list has become imperative because of the duplicity of certain opposition elements who are part of those benefitting from the whole subsidy racket and yet are playing to the gallery by attacking the government's plan to remove the subsidy on fuel.

Some of these elements who lost out in the Jonathan regime have latched on to the proposed policy of removing the subsidy on fuel as a means to launch themselves back into political reckoning. This action has disgusted some within the inner circle of the Jonathan administration because of two reasons. First a lot of these elements have their hands in fuel importation racket and secondly some of them were among those who attacked the administration of President Obasanjo for selling the nation's refineries to Dangote and Otedola and piled pressure on President Yar'adua to make him reverse the sales.

They point to the fact that if the refineries had been left in the hands of Dangote/Otedola, they would have been producing at maximum capacity and would have been expanded. They point to the fact that when the federal government sold Benue Cement Company to Dangote, the people of Benue complained but Obasanjo stood his grounds and today the company's profitability has increased by over 400% while it's staff strength has increased by 200%.

In fact, the Special Adviser to President Jonathan on Political Matters in a moment of candor let the cat out of the bag on the plans by the Presidency to embarrass the cartel behind the importation of fuel by publicizing
their names just like CBN governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi did with the case of bank debtors in 2009.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/federal-government-to-publish-names-of-fuel-subsidy-beneficiaries
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by Goddex: 2:01pm On Nov 17, 2011
Mr President, please publish them now now now now . . . today today.
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by lanrefront1(m): 3:10pm On Nov 17, 2011
The point of the fact is: the nation's refiniried does not have to be in private hands for it to function maximally. Likewise the Benue cement company. No sir, it most definitly doesen't.

And it was completely criminal for OBJ to hand over the nation's refiniries to two men. Ina decent societies like Europe and US, such a President will be mad eforcefully resign or face impeachment.

Poster, do you not know that Otedola and Dangote are part and parcel of Nigeria's problem; very central to the reason why our refinries are not working?

Do you not know that viable national strategic parastatals which constitute our common wealth are systematically ruined so that they can be sold and aquired cheaply by same people or their accomplices in business who front for them?

And really who gives a shit about the names. While I'm not against the names being published, that would not still validate the need to impoverish the people with incease in fuel price.

If Jonathan and his cohorts are sincere and u want to deal with this cartel, cabals or whatever, why not not with fury, go ahead and put the refiniries in order; our rfiniries would supply all the fuel we need, hence there will be no need for importation, and need for subsidy will automatically disappear. Then the annual 1.3 trillion being spent annualy on subsidy(according to goverment can be diverted towards the development of infrastructure.
Tell me, is that such an impossibilty. It's impossible bc the goverment is cabal and the cabal is goverment. Why? Without support of goverment, the cabal cannot do a thing.

just like the agberos cannot be terrorising Lagos without the support of the Tinubu/Fashola Administration.

what every youth and nIgeran citzen should be demanding without compromise from "our freind Jona" is tha he should go and fix the nation's refiniries.
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by Kx: 3:14pm On Nov 17, 2011
Since "alleged suspects" are best "prosecuted" via publishing of names,
why dont we ban/close  the courts and other law enforcement agents?
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by seanet02: 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2011
Liars.
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by PointB: 3:52pm On Nov 17, 2011
It would be very interesting to see the composition of the that list.

let's see how this pans out.
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Nov 17, 2011
What then happens when the list is publish? Of what benefit will this be to us, that past conceals have not? I am not against the publishing of lists . . . but what do we gain from the publishing of the many lists STILL TO BE PUBLISHED?
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by real4life: 4:24pm On Nov 17, 2011
Let them publish the names of Boko Haram sponsors first
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by abenelo: 4:32pm On Nov 17, 2011
This GEJ govt sef, we are still waiting for the names of boko haram sponsors promised by FG to be published. Msheeew
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by jamp: 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2011
PUBLISH WHAT??

they will publish DOCTORED LIST.

He cannot publish the main list cos he cannot stand them.

Rubbish.
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by buzor(m): 4:35pm On Nov 17, 2011
but i thought there is freedom of information in this country, what stops the press from getting d list directly from cbn. what if the retarden phd holder chooses to list him enemies and leaving out his friends on that list. gej u talk too much, pls fix our refineries
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2011
Na today yansh dey for back?

FG and GEJ, as usual: all talk and zero action.
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by Koolking(m): 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2011
PointB:

It would be very interesting to the the composition of the that list.

let's see how this pans out.

Guy, I trust you won't be shocked if you see your name on the list. This govt can not be taken seriously. Publish names? when they and their cohorts are the culprits. if they eventually do, i bet you won't see any familiar name
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2011
Nobody can publish the names for now because it may tear this country apart and the unity of this country is not negotiable .Go and write it down somewhere and why are we where we are today because Transparency no dey, Non of our so called billionier has a geneuine clean business and even they cannot declare their asset nor pay tax
Forget it it is childish play
Thanks
Christ
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by Nymphnode(m): 4:47pm On Nov 17, 2011
Are they saying they pay subsidy to individuals? Because it will be easier to tell us how many companies are licensed to import and export our oil.
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by brainpulse: 4:48pm On Nov 17, 2011
Is he getting Dull by every seconds? what do we want to do with names , change the economic for good, improve the life of the common man for good, provide simple infastructure that is what you are there for not writing the names of noise makers dolt.
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by sadyeek(m): 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2011
[size=22pt]and what is it suppose to do for us?? Since you know them, if they are committing a crime, they u take necessary action if not then leave them alone. There are just business men.
This is annoying me! What is the list going to do for the common Nigerian??

Even the boko sponsors? If u publish their names what's that going to do?? Can we go and catch them and prosecute them NO!!
U know them, deal with them! Is that not why he is the president??

Pathetic, really pathetic [/size]
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by AZeD1(m): 4:53pm On Nov 17, 2011
FG:- list of people benefitting from subsidy

1) Adamu chukwuemeka
2)seun Amina
3)kevwe  Funso
4)abidemi muktar
5)daniel agbavorore

have the refineries started working??
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by Baawaa(m): 4:56pm On Nov 17, 2011
Names or no names,what we need is positive change
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by GWslim(f): 4:56pm On Nov 17, 2011
This is what will have been calling the presidency to do, so that we will know those behind our nations woe.
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by laidol(f): 4:57pm On Nov 17, 2011
what of those behind boko haram? thot govt claimed that they know the sponsors a while ago but we have no names yet.
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by jamace(m): 5:05pm On Nov 17, 2011
Who cares about the list? If the govt feels they have contributed one way or the other to the non-performance of our refineries, why not daze them?.

Oh no! angry I am getting disappointed day after day with the way govt is treating very serious issues.

GEJ do something drastic. angry  The public and indeed your subjects must not be made to suffer for the sins of a few heartless individuals which I believe you can deal with them by your constitutional power!
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by Pukkah: 5:11pm On Nov 17, 2011
Waiting.
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by btlasisi(m): 5:26pm On Nov 17, 2011
Another comedy section coming from my president himself.

Let see how many spectators will laugh last on this comedy series.

What will publishing their names benefit us? save us from fuel subsidy removal?
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by logica(m): 5:26pm On Nov 17, 2011
LOL. Are they announcing this so that the beneficiaries can come to beg or settle? If they want to publish what's stopping them? Why announce? They remind me of molue conductors bluffing. I won't be surprised if they had operated as conductors before.
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by Rophiu: 5:26pm On Nov 17, 2011
this is a justification for Nollywood been the 2nd in the world. what happen in haliburton,s case, PTDF saga (Atiku And Obasanjo. corruption what charade in Nigera. May God takes care of few Nigerians that are disgracing innocent Nigeria. God bless Nigeria
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by johnie: 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2011
List of  Okija Shrine patrons [Still loading . . .]

List of bank bad debtors [Download Complete?]

List of Boko Haram Sponsors [Still loading . . .]

List of fuel subsidy beneficiaries [Compiling. . .]
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by Taiwo20(m): 5:51pm On Nov 17, 2011
won publish ti
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by Akiika: 6:05pm On Nov 17, 2011
Our president will pass for an educated illiterate. , and this Reuben Abati guy, what kind of public statements does he advise the president to release? I have read a lot of his articles when he was with the masses, he seemed smart, what happened to his brain in such a little time that he jumped ship?
Does the president need to be reminded that whoever breaks the law should be arrested and prosecuted in the court of law and not in the court of public opinion. What am i going to do with the freaking list. It is bad enough that GEJ is a terrible commander in chief, i just hope he won't break the Abacha record as the worst president that ever ruled Nigeria!
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by expert555: 6:39pm On Nov 17, 2011
This demeaning and childish, this a cry for help. I can't wait for this hapless leader to folk off. Even in time of Abacha I can still be proud to be a Nigerian as he stand firm toe to toe with the almighty British. This man is no body. He should never have been our leader. He is a bloody mistake is a shame with this in public non of his inner cycles will respect him. They will just go and loot money without fear. Even with OBJ they feared him. This man is crap. I have lost everything I have for him right now.
Re: FG To Publish Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - NaijaPundit by olusunyah(m): 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2011
Names of beneficiaries to be published, what do Nigerians benefit from the publication of the names "Won fi ete si le, won pa lapalapa", after the names are out; will they ask them to refund the loot or what? to make it worst, they may be handed over to EFCC just to be prosecuted on the pages of national dailies, Taaaaaaaaaaaa
Rather than get our refineries fixed, they are busy beating about the bush

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strictly For Those Interested In Mini Importation Business / Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts / Which Market In Aba To Get The Best Materials And Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.