Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab (9994 Views)

Unilag Gate Shut Down By Students Over Infestation Of Bedbugs.*pics / Not So SHOCKING: Benue Public Primary Schools Shut For 8 Months / Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by olabukola: 8:24pm On Nov 18, 2011
Christian bigots. In uk school children wear hijabs on top their uniforms and i have never seen any sent bac cos of that.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Amrasaq1530(m): 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2011
Qur'an teach muslim women to cover their head wheneva they are outside their husband's room, likewise bible said so bible even speak further and said women are not to be allow to speak in the chuck hall, let alone preach d word of d lord because their voice is very seductive, I wonder y xten refuses 2 obey d rule 4rom their holy book.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by DrAdre(m): 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2011
I wonder why these people like Wahala , Boko Haram at it again in the SW, This is how it started in the NE, angry angry angry angry sad sad shocked shocked embarassed
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by emmatok(m): 10:01pm On Nov 18, 2011
gidiMonsta:

ODE na dem shut down schools abi govt?

I'm congratulating them for standing up and making a difference in a peaceful manner unlike urself sitting on your hands while the govt poops all over u.

NB: the protest was directed at the police

The protest was said to have received the support of the leader of Jamat Tahawum, known as Alfa Dawud, who led the students on a protest which took them from one school to the other, starting from Local Authority Grammar School to Saint Anthony Grammar School; Methodist Grammar School and Iwo Grammar School, The protest forced the school authorities to close down the schools, while the students were sent home,
The statement said the state was noted for peace and the state government would not allow any religious bigot to turn it into a place of religious intolerance.

Oponu,

If those shameless adult did't start that nonsense, will those schools be shut down?

Instead of registering their grievance with the GOVT, the AGBAYA( Alfa Dawud) and his clowns are busy matching from one school to the other threaten those kids.

And these actions below too is peaceful
"The student was said to have been beaten by her teacher, while she, in turn, mobilized her brothers to waylay the teacher and beat her".

Animals.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 18, 2011
@Supersta,if sango child wants to wear whatever,he or she should be allowed as well,it does not lower their grades in anyway,as little as i know of,Federal Schools are also allowed hijabs as uniform if you want to,its in the Federal Ministry of Education code of dressing for muslim girls.

@gidimonsta, wao!!, jazakallahu khairan for a good job well done,all these people think of is nonsense,imagine calling standing against oppression violence?they should all have their heads examined,and the christians are the same driving force thats still preventing the great Nigeria from progressing,they lack knowledge,they cant fight simple oppression,if left for muslims,Nigeria would have been a better country atleast,cos the Ummah would not tolerate the madness going on in Aso-rock etc,we are not timid and coward like the christians.we fight when is necessary,not just anyhow,even if non muslims would stand up to fight against corruption in Nigeria,it would definately be the niger delta people,not other christians cos they are born warriors to fight against oppression.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by olaex: 10:21pm On Nov 18, 2011
I wonder for how long we will hide the truth and spit lies. Its very obvious that even the true christians has no real proof against the Hijab. Even the bible support it and condemn woman without virtues but it seems we youth and our parent during their own youth too has lost this precious moral to the hands of civilisation. I can believe these same guys who are mouth losed about Islam and Hijab are the same people who will comment on a beautiful ladies wall and often ask them out for a date and sometimes want to commit infidelity with them. Let me ask you a question; Who is more moral, a lady with moral virtues or an harlots who is concern in showing everybody her privacy?

And for those who make excuses of some hijabite commiting infidelity? Well, we can't quarranty you 100% because in every group, you will still find a bad egg but it will be limited to the bearest but in a state were everybody is concern and interested in the shameful public unclothedness only to suit their selfish desires; what becomes of the economy and future lives of the children yet born?
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by icez: 10:31pm On Nov 18, 2011
Islam is violent.

Anywhere there is islam, there is no peace.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 18, 2011
Talk is cheap,berra stop this your nonsense,before you heap curses on yourself unknowingly.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by LagosShia: 10:46pm On Nov 18, 2011
firstly osun state is a majority muslim state.

secondly hijab does not obstruct or contradict uniform.it is a moral dress code that compliments any uniform for girls .

thirdly,you should not be complaining about "islamization of osun schools".the title of the thread (i.e. the topic) is deceiving.the problem here is not hijab but christian persecution of muslim students.you should be complaining about christianization of schools in osun and missionary activities there.

fourthly,you have in osun a christian missionary teacher flogging a muslim student over hijab while another teacher reported a muslim student to the police for the same hijab.this is religious persecution against muslims.the government should brought both the teachers and the police officer to the law.

fifthly,these schools are government schools.they are for all nigerians be they muslims or christians.and freedom of religion is guarateed.

sixthly,people keep saying how yoruba muslims are tolerant and peaceful.yet we have christian extremists reward their peaceful nature with hate and provocation.

seventhly,must you be always feel threatened at the sight of muslims even peaceful ones practicing their faith?recently it was islamic banking that brought out christian fanaticism,now it is hijab in a majority muslim yoruba state.it shows that you do not tolerate anything islamic.it is time the yoruba muslims realize what the Quran says in one context:"the jews and the christians would never be pleased with you (muslims) until you follow their way".the fanatical christians in nigeria are showing exactly that.they display ignorance about islam and they are very intolerant and brainwashed and hateful too.

eigthly,no one here is forcing christian students to wear hijab.so why deprive muslims from practicing their faith?who is violating whose right here?
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by icez: 10:49pm On Nov 18, 2011
My question is why? why? why?

There is no place where you find islam, that you find peace.  sad

somalia, sudan, mid-east, uk, france and now BKH in naija.

The sw should get ready.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by kayode256(m): 10:52pm On Nov 18, 2011
The verses below reveal the truth

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah" [9:29]

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

"Do not say that those slain in the cause of God are dead. They are alive, but you are not aware of them" (2:154).

shocked shocked

"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. But you may hate a thing although it is good for you, and love a thing although it is bad for you. God knows, but you know not" (2:216).

cry cry

"Let the believers not make friends with infidels in preference to the faithful—he that does this has nothing to hope for from God—except in self-defense" (3:28).

sad sad

"Believers, do not follow the example of the infidels, who say of their brothers when they meet death abroad or in battle: ‘Had they stayed with us they would not have died, nor would they have been killed.' God will cause them to regret their words. . . . If you should die or be slain in the cause of God, God's forgiveness and His mercy would surely be better than all the riches they amass" (3:156).

shocked shocked shocked

"Let not the unbelievers think that We prolong their days for their own good. We give them respite only so that they may commit more grievous sins. Shameful punishment awaits them" (3:178).

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

As for the thief, both male and female, cut off their hands. It is the reward of their own deeds, an exemplary punishment from Allah. Allah is Mighty, Wise."

shocked shocked shocked shocked

"The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes, " (Holy Qur'an 24:2)

shocked shocked shocked shocked

shall i put up more
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by deadie(m): 11:13pm On Nov 18, 2011
Hey Yoruba people, how is Islame working for ya? cheesy
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by emmatok(m): 11:25pm On Nov 18, 2011
uplawal:

@Supersta,if sango child wants to wear whatever,he or she should be allowed as well,it does not lower their grades in anyway,as little as i know of,Federal Schools are also allowed hijabs as uniform if you want to,its in the Federal Ministry of Education code of dressing for muslim girls.

@gidimonsta, wao!!, jazakallahu khairan for a good job well done,all these people think of is nonsense,imagine calling standing against oppression violence?they should all have their heads examined,and the christians are the same driving force thats still preventing the great Nigeria from progressing,they lack knowledge,they cant fight simple oppression,if left for muslims,Nigeria would have been a better country atleast,cos the Ummah would not tolerate the madness going on in Aso-rock etc,we are not timid and coward like the christians.we fight when is necessary,not just anyhow,even if non muslims would stand up to fight against corruption in Nigeria,it would definately be the niger delta people,not other christians cos they are born warriors to fight against oppression.

Listening yeye women,

You think everyone is bigot like that won't hesitate to kill in other to defend you religion.

MUMU, since your IBB, Abacha and co has being ruling Nigeria of what benefit were they.

Well let everybody start carrying arms and start giving you Muslims fire for fire the you will know to definition of violence.

ODE!!!
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 18, 2011
@Kayode,with all this verses you qouted,you are still an umbeliever,well,your place is in the hereafter is gonna be hot sha if you dnt stop all this.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2011
@emmatok,the above its not for me but you,coward,go carry your own gun if you are furstrated.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by emmatok(m): 11:40pm On Nov 18, 2011
You should be living Saudi Arabia, were women like you are highly restricted for Religious sake, then you will understand the freedom you enjoy in the West.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by aurenflani: 11:47pm On Nov 18, 2011
these christians are hypocrates! christianity does not have any law whatsoever to guide it's adherents. paul told them that the law is nailed to d cross. so why talk of what another person should do or shouldn't do? are u now defying ur religious teaching? i thought u eat anything, wear anything, lie & slander as u like and do anything as u like. a reverend who marries another man answered a journalist when asked if what he did was not anti religion, " if Jesus comes today he wouln't bother about this because it is love he cherishes d most"!!!

the question here is if christians tolerate all dis things what has a muslim female student wearing d hijab did to them?

that's d height of hypocracy - plain & simple.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by wewe1(m): 11:54pm On Nov 18, 2011
From the inception of the school, there was dress code. Abi?
So if the muslim students wanted hijab as part of school uniform we should check if it is in line with the dress code of the school, if not let dem go and look for another school that accept hijab as part of their dress code. They shouldnt be violent about it.
like eminem would say "dont start what you cant end"
Dont let us forget that we also have babalawo, ogboni & secret cult in the state too, so we shouldnt be surprised to see student wearing babalawo, ogboni & occultic regalia to school too
rules are made to be followed periiiooood.
aaahhhhh!!!
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by olaex: 12:05am On Nov 19, 2011
wait, Let be realistic. Does it become a tin of shame for any person who calls him/her self a xtian a disgrace and religiously slaken and misleaded to fight against mora and upright standard? Why must you fight against moral irrespective of the name its called?
@icez, you said evry where ders muslim ders violence. I think u were brainwatchd to get it all wrong. Muslims are very peaceful people and most loving. I wonder why you mentioned of those countries while you know notin about dem. U don't knw notin about International relation and u come to d public to blasphem; why? Mayb its becos u ar just an idiot. Why would you mention of the North while even the East and South are no exceptional? That is an absolute biasm. Let me tell u d real fact, the worst zone in Nigeria is not the North but the East. Present situation in the has confused many ppl into believing the North are just the people wit problem but also the east and south. The North still remains the dorminant region of the country in all aspect and also play important roles in today politics, defence, internal regulation, agriculture and livestock provision and also relationship maintainance but of recent there is lapses in the later. Thats suppose to alert a wise man somtin went wrong. All you knw is Boko haram! Boko haram!! Boko haram!!! When are you going to become wise and stop giving lapses to both government and individuals to made their way and exercute their plans deciving you its Boko haram or the Boko haram claims responsible, And also for the Aregbe u mentioned; Human right deprivation has nothing to do wit the government. This must stop! If a muslim teacher had bully a Nun, i believe you will make a headline out of it but your hatred, biasm, infidelity and massacrelism will never let u knw which is right!

Think before you type and not type before u think, Well,mayb ur brain can't produce somtin logical but all it could is biasm, lies, deceit, hatred and infidelity!
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Jenifa1: 12:25am On Nov 19, 2011
Why shut school down because a muslim is wearing hijab and leave school open to tens of catholics wearing rosary around their neck.
Can't you see the hypocrisy in your posts.
let's learn to think rationally rather than out of simple minded bigotry and hatred of muslims.
This is the kind of "divide and conquer" actions that ruin a people. I assume a lot of the haters here are igbo trying to divide the yorubas.

and we wonder why boko haram is going strong. when we are the ones perpetuating the idea that school education is for christians only. When you turn muslims away from school and you don't expect them to turn against you.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by auwal87(m): 1:48am On Nov 19, 2011

It looks beautiful! grin grin cool

Enough to make it compulsory to wear Hijab to school. lipsrsealed
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Nobody: 1:52am On Nov 19, 2011
^^^ Is that a Nigerian woman? undecided

@Post
Overreacting.

If Nigeria wants peace, they best pray that the SW does not get affected with this religious division.

i believe i'm correct when I say that not only the sw'ners will pay if Boko-haram-like nature takes root in the SW.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by auwal87(m): 1:55am On Nov 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

^^^ Is that a Nigerian woman? undecided

@Post
Overreacting.

If Nigeria wants peace, they best pray that the SW does not get affected with this religious division.

i believe i'm correct when I say that not only the sw'ners will pay if Boko-haram-like nature takes root in the SW.

Of course not, this is an artwork, not real photo.

I agree with LagosShia even though I am not Shia. 100% agreed with him, said it all.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by ziccoit: 3:20am On Nov 19, 2011
Laws, rules and regulations are made to serve the man not the other way round. Who is being intolerant here? Who does not want the kid to practice what her faith commands?
There have been similar incidents in the past in this state. This was exactly how they all went toward reaching a solution. From the sch of nurse to many secondary schools.
The question is why Christians are always resistant to anything Islam ? Who has been intolerant here?
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by demoore1(m): 5:09am On Nov 19, 2011
Methodist, Baptist and St. Anthony schools for christ sake are chistian school. Why cant the muslim form their school and leave christian school alone.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 19, 2011
islam is peace undecided
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Dawdy(m): 7:04am On Nov 19, 2011
I'm from iwo, and apart from the fact that osun state is 70% muslims and 30%christians, iwo population is 95% muslims and just 5% christians. Iwo city is known as llu alfa (the city of islamic scholers).
So time each i read in this thread "muslims should leave those schools for another schools where wearing hijab is allowed" i can't but to burst into laugh, the fact is that those school where the conflict took place i.e baptise high school iwo, and catholic are attended by 90% muslim students & 10% christian students.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by wewe1(m): 7:07am On Nov 19, 2011
de-moore:

Methodist, Baptist and St. Anthony schools for christ sake are chistian school. Why cant the muslim form their school and leave christian school alone.

Exactly my point. I dont understand what the fuss about it. If dey so desire it, let them go to answrudeen secondary school to do that. They should not try to islamies a christian school for Heaven's sake! They shouldnt force their religion doctrines on christian schools.
This muslim people are just trying foment trouble everywhere and b4 you say jack robbinson, they will tell you that ISLAM means PEACE
how peaceful is peace in islam?
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by wewe1(m): 7:35am On Nov 19, 2011
@Dawdy
If your statistics and analysis were correct, what were Islamic scholers (alfa) doing when christian missionary started to establish schools in Iwo (city of alfa) ?
Can any christian who goes to an islamic school insist there must be singing from hymn book and prayer should be said IN THE NAME OF JESUS?
Guess not
Some of this muslim people are just impossible sha
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by superstar1(m): 9:33am On Nov 19, 2011
Some of u these myopic Moslems should take it easy.

1. What were ur Moslem cleric looking at when Christians were establishing schools.

2. Are u trying to tell me that ur religion supersedes the law of the land.

3. You are all claiming civility even the fools contributing from UK, what happened to changing the dress cod we through civil means, making presentation to govt so that it will be part and parcel of govt policy instead of carrying sticks and stones. Before u know they will soon start putting bombs under their uniform and they will be claiming it is their right to wear bomb and kill infidels.

4. It is some stupid and daft comments of some of u on the net that we always make people look at u guys as very violent set of people.

5. Sincerely if it is allowed I will get a child I will put a palm frond on and cowry shells, I will now see the great grand father of who will pursue the child from school. So all these your arguement of taxpayers nonsense will now be raised. For your information, do you know that here is If a primary school in that same Osun state now and they will soon establish a secondary school, if you guys have the gut, take your child to the If a school and be yarning your dust.

5. Who is giving the cajole stats of 90% Moslems and 10% Christians in Iwo. Don't deceive yourself. You have all christians schools doubling all the Moslems schools in the town and you guys are not ashamed of urself, the Christians as 10% as they are, they still have. A. University, what is ur 90% population looking at.

I have utmost respect for my Moslem friends because they are not myopic like some of u on this thread. Issues are meant to bediscused objectively and not on religious sentiment basis.mscheeeeeew
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by superstar1(m): 9:46am On Nov 19, 2011
Hijab: Osun Govt Asks For Memo

| Print | E-mail
Written by Adewale Ajayi, Osogbo
Saturday, 19 November 2011
OSUN State government has directed the heads of public schools  owned by Christians and Muslims  in Iwo Local Government Area of the state to submit  memoranda on their position on the use of hijab in schools owned by them .

The decision was taken after a deadlocked meeting held with leaders of the religious bodies at Iwo Local Government secretariat.

The leaders of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) insisted that  they had an agreement with the state government  that they shall regulate activities of schools owned by them  and that they would not allow any female student to use hijab in any of their schools.

The muslim leaders also insisted that since they have control over schools owned by them, they also will compel Christian students that attend such schools  to use hijab in line with their belief .

Inability to reach a compromise between the two religious bodies therefore forced the state government  to take the decision  that they should  put their position in form of a memorandum and submit it to the state government while a white paper will be issue by the government after  considering the position of the two bodies.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by ayex0001: 11:04am On Nov 19, 2011
Get free downloading codes, how to generate recharge card nombas, how to hack and crack, how to be a real programmer in minutes, secrets and the legit ways of making online all on
www . naijatechzone . com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Model Secondary School Nsukka, Enugu State, Emerges Fg’s 2019 Educational Award / What Really Is The Responsibility Of A Lesson Teacher As Against A Class Teacher / Whi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.