Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Dangote Has Bought Phcn? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Has Bought Phcn? (2982 Views)

Opinion: Dangote Has Two Heads........... / Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock / Dangote Has Justified GCON Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Has Bought Phcn? by Gluckdude(m): 9:57am On Nov 18, 2011
i just called in a PHCN guy to help fix my AC installation wire, and he said they have sold their company to Dangote, meanwhile they have been on strike for about 3 days now, don't know how true this is, can anyone confirm the story?
Re: Dangote Has Bought Phcn? by Akanbiedu(m): 10:13am On Nov 18, 2011
Selling to Dangote is a win-win.

Dangote can have all the billions, I dont care.

Government officials get their bribes from dangote and the power system still works. Unlike now that the system is not working and government officials still get bribed.

I can have good power supply.
Re: Dangote Has Bought Phcn? by nku5: 10:35am On Nov 18, 2011
That would mean good news for regular power supply but I have a very serious misgiving about one man controlling cement, confectionaries, salt, sugar, oil and gas and now power supply. That's too much power. that's why the US has laws to prevent monopolists. We know the power sector was unbundled into generation, distribution and supply so are we saying that he cornered them all? I hope not
Re: Dangote Has Bought Phcn? by ektbear: 10:37am On Nov 18, 2011
I hope not. Anyway there are many different successor companies of PHCN. Or you mean he bought all of them?

Giving Dangote another monopoly would be very foolish

The way he is r@ping Nigerians on cement, he will r@pe you on electricity too.

Better to sell to anyone else but him.
Re: Dangote Has Bought Phcn? by efisher(m): 6:55pm On Nov 18, 2011
It cannot be but if it were true, I'll still prefer it to the current "public monopoly"!

I say it cannot be because as others have pointed out, the sector has been segmented and different investors will need to participate in the different parts. He may be taking over 3 or 4 power generation stations. I don't think he can get more than that for now . . . But then, it's just my thought. Who knows?
Re: Dangote Has Bought Phcn? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 18, 2011
If its true, then am right! He wants to be the Rothschild of Africa!
Re: Dangote Has Bought Phcn? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 18, 2011
One illiterate NEPA staff that doesn't know jack told you Dangote has bought PHCN and you swallowed it. If you don't read newspapers or watch news on TV, you at least come to this section of NL. And you think PHCN would have been sold without it making front page, even here?

Well, although revamping PHCN to make it efficient remains the best in the interest of the masses, we all know that Naija government can never make it work again. I will therefore support its sale to Wale Tinubu, Dangote or Adenuga in that order. Adenuga would have been the best to turn to turn it around but I have misgivings about his people management style. He cares too less for people. Dangote is a little better but I think he is proven more in manufacturing. The young man Wale Tinubu can turn it around.
Re: Dangote Has Bought Phcn? by Funkymallam(m): 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2011
Jarus:

One illiterate NEPA staff that doesn't know jack told you Dangote has bought PHCN and you swallowed it. If you don't read newspapers or watch news on TV, you at least come to this section of NL. And you think PHCN would have been sold without it making front page, even here?

Well, although revamping PHCN to make it efficient remains the best in the interest of the masses, we all know that Naija government can never make it work again. I will therefore support its sale to Wale Tinubu, Dangote or Adenuga in that order. Adenuga would have been the best to turn to turn it around but I have misgivings about his people management style. He cares too less for people. Dangote is a little better but I think he is proven more in manufacturing. The young man Wale Tinubu can turn it around.

+1
Re: Dangote Has Bought Phcn? by Afam4eva(m): 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2011
Dangote has bought Nigeria as a whole. I don't see any reason why this guy shouldn't be the richest man in the world. All things being equall.
Re: Dangote Has Bought Phcn? by Gluckdude(m): 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2011
@Jarus, first it is a question. if you had payed good attention to your english classes, you will know what ? means.
and about it making the front page.someone had to post it for it to make the front page, or is there a reporter in Abuja that post current affairs on the front page on NL?
anyway just be mindful of what you read before your criticism.
Re: Dangote Has Bought Phcn? by otokx(m): 9:37am On Nov 19, 2011
Some people just talk anyhow.
Re: Dangote Has Bought Phcn? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 19, 2011
Gluckdude:

@Jarus, first it is a question. if you had[b] payed[/b] good attention to your english classes, you will know what ? means.
and about it making the front page.someone had to post it for it to make the front page, or is there a reporter in Abuja that post current affairs on the front page on NL?
anyway just be mindful of what you read before your criticism.

Thank God, I never 'payed' attention to your kind of English teacher!

Well, in layman terms, what I'm telling you is: if PHCN is sold, you don't need anybody in Abuja to tell you, such news would easily spread like fire, and you would not need to ask before knowing. Even the market woman will know Dangote has bought NEPA. The illiterate NEPA staff heard, probably from Alaroye, the noise about Dangote( his GCON honour debate) and thought it meant he had bought his place of work.

(1) (Reply)

Deported Anthony Chinedu Is Making A Serious Case For Nigeria And Kenya / South African Actress Goes Nude To Protest Xenophobic Attacks… [PHOTO] / Massive Welcome As President Buhari Arrives Plateau, Commissions Projects (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.