Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Please Advise On This Mazda - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please Advise On This Mazda (3793 Views)

Please Who Will Get Me This Mazda Truck? / Dont miss this:mazda Millenia 4 Sale Toks(super Clean) / Pick This Mazda Millennia For 800k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise On This Mazda by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2011
This is actually my first post on nairaland. I registered on this site specifically to get your candid advice. Previously, i`ve been browsing the site,vut as a guest.i`m about to purchase a 2001 mazda millenia S. I totally love this car. Car is a luxury brand with high-tech features. However it was discontinued in 2002 after the last set were made. Now i have noticed that this car is somewhat scarce in the market, hence my questions;
1; are parts for the 2001 millenia available in lagos?
2; Are there hidden problems with the car?

I`m totally in love with this car and here`s the greatest part,  i`m paying 800k for it and it`s so so clean.

here are pics of a millenia (not the one i`m about to pay for though)
Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2011
some pics

Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 18, 2011
more,

Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 18, 2011
This is serious. No one would even tell me where i can get d millenia's parts
Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by sultaan(m): 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2011
If that car with that engine is what you want, I'll advise you to pass on it.

That is a Miller Cycle engine, strong but had problems one of the reason that car and engine did not stay a in the market
Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by Nobody: 2:53am On Nov 19, 2011
True, But i thought d 2001 and 2002 S supercharged models were better?
Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by lourash(m): 7:57am On Nov 19, 2011
The car parts are readily available in the market, a friend owns one an i am about picking a 2002 model too because i fell in love with the car. a strong engine though the engine is not the same one as you posted. find the engine of mine attached. in case you still have fears check online about the car

Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 19, 2011
lourash:

The car parts are readily available in the market, a friend owns one an i am about picking a 2002 model too because i fell in love with the car. a strong engine though the engine is not the same one as you posted. find the engine of mine attached. in case you still have fears check online about the car

that is so comforting. Pls can u tell me where i get her parts? I'm planning on a 2001 S model. I'd lyk 2check it out myself 2b double sure
Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by Nobody: 12:14am On Nov 20, 2011
Saw one last nyt on my way back frm work. Fell in love all d more. Couldnt find d driver/owner 2ask where he buys his parts 4rm
Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by puppiluv(m): 11:26am On Nov 20, 2011
@ poster (kennytripl) could you drop your email or write me on ( femola1@yahoo.com)
cheers
Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 20, 2011
puppiluv:

@ poster (kennytripl) could you drop your email or write me on ( femola1@yahoo.com)
cheers

zylkenny@gmail.com
i also sent you a mail
Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 21, 2011
so no one knws where i can get d millenia's parts?
Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by strangest(m): 8:11am On Nov 21, 2011
^^^depends o your area, I believe you can get most car parts at Mushin,
Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by Exponental(m): 11:49am On Nov 21, 2011
U seems not 2 av gotten d ans u need.
08055226210- Dats my mechanic's no. He can advise on d car.
Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by Nobody: 2:52am On Nov 23, 2011
Exponental:

U seems not 2 av gotten d ans u need.
08055226210- Dats my mechanic's no. He can advise on d car.

isited your mechanic today. He advises i buy the car. I`m leaving for cotonou today to get it. However, he says i`d hve to pay twice when bringing the car down. first i`ll pay right there at the park(about 70k naira), then i`ll take it to the nigerian customs where i`ll pay about the same amount. i`ll have to leave the car there at the customs office so they can prepare my papers and then come back for the car the next day. How true is this? As i`m planning on getting two vehicles for myself?
Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by gulfer: 6:31am On Nov 23, 2011
kennytripl:

isited your mechanic today. He advises i buy the car. I`m leaving for cotonou today to get it. However, he says i`d hve to pay twice when bringing the car down. first i`ll pay right there at the park(about 70k naira), then i`ll take it to the nigerian customs where i`ll pay about the same amount. i`ll have to leave the car there at the customs office so they can prepare my papers and then come back for the car the next day. How true is this? As i`m planning on getting two vehicles for myself?
Thank GOD you are getting two vehicles for yourself, are you certain you are not just a show off on this forum?
Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 23, 2011
If i were,i wouldnt go to d extent of leaving my office nd visiting d mechanic at his workshop as stated above. I even had my footwear torn in d process, Lolz. Hw many times do i pay 2clear each vehicle? Does anyone know?
Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by gulfer: 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2011
kennytripl:

If i were,i wouldnt go to d extent of leaving my office nd visiting d mechanic at his workshop as stated above. I even had my footwear torn in d process, Lolz. Hw many times do i pay 2clear each vehicle? Does anyone know?
Look for posts on Fhemmy 2010 et all, i think some are into stuffs from cotonou; not advertising for them though but i know there are quite a lot on the forum and 'please watch anybody you deal with'. That is my disclaimer on this comments
Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by Emperoh(m): 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2011
I always advice people to go to edmunds.com or msn.com to read user reviews and owners ideas
That way, you are able to understand the basic issues with such cars and how they word, things to do and things not to do.

That's my one pence.
My only issue with the Millenia is the ground clearance.
Too low for my liking else, solid ride.

I have test driven one and i think i love the power and handling.
Somehow, Mazda seems to be the most under-rated vehicle i have come across.
Re: Please Advise On This Mazda by lourash(m): 1:17pm On Nov 23, 2011
i love the car being low, nigeria road is bad either low or not. the parts are available at ladipo, you can get mazda guys at Apapa to fix whatever problem you have, they are purely mazda people

(1) (Reply)

Reg Black 2005 Honda Crv 4 Sale / Nigerian Used 2008 Toyota Camry SE (SPORTS EDITION) / SOLD!!! 2010 Honda Accord (evil Spirit) For Sale .::registered::.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.