Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) (143198 Views)

Making & Finishing Of Interior Painting/design / The Finishing Of A 6 Bedrooms Duplex At Enelka In Portharcourt / Detail Finishing Of Built Home In Abuja With Pictures Including Our Showroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 7:26pm On Nov 18, 2011
To all my fans!!!! So sorry for keeping you in the dark for this long. . . .
I've received tons and tons of emails over the last few months from people here on NL
asking me to come back or at least send them picture of my house so far!!!!
This I did for a few and for the others, I promised to be back!!!!!
To avoid argument, I choose to use a personal thread for this!!!!!

So for those of you who love to see the finishing works of Am Alone's house,
I guess this is where we are going to end this grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 7:34pm On Nov 18, 2011
Before I post any updated pictures of my house so far, I will like to use this medium to tell some of you that know me
that the roof of my house was changed!!!!!
Reason: I later found out that it was fake. It was made of Iron instead of Steel and has already started rusting.
I have to bring the whole thing down and go for Aluimium!!!! It's a pity!!!!! But  a stitch in time saves nine!!

The color of the roof was changing from black to white!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked
I was told it was going to take up to 5years before It will start giving me headache
but I can't wait for that long. I have to do what's right!!!!!!

Let bygones bygones. .  . .

So i removed the old roof and go for "bayge" as the aluminium man called it!!!
Also, i made some little modification and it came out cool!!!!!

I'm doing this for the fun of it all and of course some of the few "you" who wanna see the final destination of my divine house called: "OLUWA CHAMPION"

2 Likes

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by spyder880(m): 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2011
So happy you are back, I am looking forward to seeing the beautiful pictures. I know you will also carry us along at the area of costs, we want to know how much money wey prepare the 'good soup'

Welcome once again.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2011
Let enjoy ourselves pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! grin grin grin grin

Some old pics!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 7:53pm On Nov 18, 2011
Thanks spydermana spydermana!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 7:56pm On Nov 18, 2011
But this is the new look!!!!
Beta I guess cool cool cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 7:58pm On Nov 18, 2011
shocked

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 8:00pm On Nov 18, 2011
;d

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by skfa1: 8:02pm On Nov 18, 2011
Wow Am alone u have done a gud job,I like this alot,pls I have halve a plot of land,can I build something like yours on it? will it fit on it? also,how much does it cost you to build it up to this level? how many bed room pls? How many plot is your land?thanks
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Davedavy: 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2011
congrats man,your house is very beautiful.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 10:57pm On Nov 18, 2011
kool o

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by gtrust: 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2011
Am Alone!
Great job!
Walai, I'm really delighted for you.

Enjoy it.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 11:42pm On Nov 18, 2011
Am Alone, welcome back. I decided to go solo since you went solo and have been a silent follower of all the threads on nairaland. Can you provide the cost of the new roof, quoins(corner stone), window hood, and pillar?

Once again, welcome back.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Fhemmmy: 12:09am On Nov 19, 2011
I love the color of that roof . . . . .AmAlone, you have done well . . .Congrats

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 12:22am On Nov 19, 2011
cool

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 12:24am On Nov 19, 2011
Thanks All

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Demainman1: 1:24am On Nov 19, 2011
Hey! Welcome back my guy. I hope you no lead too many people astray with that your old roof oooo.

Wetin come hapen to all those 50 years guarantee on the previous steel stone coated roof?  grin

Oluwa Champion!!!! Thank God you can afford to replace the old roof. You for don fight the guy wey sell u that thing tire by now!!! cheesy

Your house looks very nice now though.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 7:32am On Nov 19, 2011
^^^^^ like I said, it was fake!!!!
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 7:34am On Nov 19, 2011
;d

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by jerryben12: 8:21am On Nov 19, 2011
Nice masterpiece, God is your strength.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Demainman1: 9:46am On Nov 19, 2011
Am Alone:

Out of curiosity, Did you get your money back for the fake roofing sheets?
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by atasteve: 11:22pm On Nov 19, 2011
Your house have really come out nice. This is beautiful.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by princeonx: 1:55am On Nov 20, 2011
Am Alone:
If anyone had said or told you those previous roof were fake during your roofing, you would've skinned them alive! You praised that first roof (I still like it regardless) and your whole project so much and almost never agree or believe that any other person building is using quality material or standard. All the same, I respect you coming clean or rather informing us about the first roof at least whoever is in the market for that type of roof/roofing will look/think twice. I will also like to know if you were refunded your money abi you don lock the guy somewhere?

Am Alone:

Let enjoy ourselves pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! grin grin grin grin

Some old pics!!!
Didn't make the above comment to start argument or fight so am with you in having fun! grin
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by NextHome(m): 4:31am On Nov 20, 2011
Nice One Bro.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 20, 2011
Welcome back Am Alone! How much it cost to put the new roof? Please, I am getting ready to do mine in two months time.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by ganny1: 10:46am On Nov 20, 2011
@ am alone can u pls give me d number of the aluminium company, pop man and the aluminium window man pls
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2011
@prince

Okay!!!! I don hear you!!!!

I wish I knew it was fake.

Anyways the same roof has the original
I couldn't differentaite!!!!

Again lot of ppl here on NL made me make that mistake

The price I got it was 2600 but the original one as I have learn sell for 3600.

So that It the difference. When everybody was shouting I was spending too much

I though I go for something cheaper not knowing there was a difference. . . . . . . .
Anyways, I love the new look of my house more!!!!!

Peace!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2011
I have started the tilling of the toilets and kitchen.
And for my POP works, I've paid the guy.
He is kind of slow but promised to bring in more hand by tomorrow.

Again, The electrician has bought all my wires and his through with his job!!!!!

Again I've bought all the tiles for my house and it cost me roughly 700k

The sitting room tiles and dinning and the terrace cost 3,300 pers quare meter(Marble tiles) measuring 80 by 80

toilet wall tiles 1250 per square meter
kitchen wall tiles '' '' '' ''
skirting wall tiles 80 '' '' ''
The kitchen, rooms and lobby tiles I am mixing two tiles. Black and white.
The black is 2500 and the white 2400 per square meter
Toilet floor tiles 2200 per square meter.

All AUE,SPAIN TILES

@ ganny1

Send me ur email.

@ Playless

My roof cost me roughly 850k including workmanship(70k). .55mm was the gauge for aluminium used
the workmanship includes removing the old roof and re-arraging the wood work to fit with aluminium and roofing the security house.

Peace!!!!
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by spyder880(m): 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2011
^^^ okay, so long as you love the new one. Please show us some pics of your tiles, I am already thinking of the types of tiles I will do, even as I never finish my roofing stage, just looking for ideas to steal, lol.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2011
@ Spyder, honestly, what I was looking for in the market, I couldn't get it!!!!

So I wont give my tiles much credit.
It is 2 over 10 for me!!!!!

I wanted marble but the prices was outrageous especially for the exact one I wanted

it was 15k per square meter I had to step low.
And for the marbles tiles. I got just one color
for the sitting room and dining because of the size i went for
So for me it was loose loose!!!!!

The kitchen tiles I liked, I couldn't get up to what I needed
and for the toilet tiles I went for, I was supplied something else( for the floor tiles)

So for me its still 2 over 10!!!!1
But its all good!!!
So don't expect much!!!!

Peace

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by spyder880(m): 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2011
Its all good bros, just do the ones you can, you know this will not be your last building na? So by the time you want to upgrade to something bigger and better, I assure you there will be newer, better tiles by then. You are doing good sha.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by TBrownAuto(m): 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2011
@Am Alone and syderman i have been following this thread but never commect or contibute for some reason but I want to ask am alone some question

1. how much per square meter for the step tiles and again can you help with the price for normal from your supplier
2. I confirm quality from your window which makes me give u 50% pass mark since the building is self used
3. can you please confirm the price for each window and sizes.
4. The mark i gave you is based on seen quality because the brick work can be confirmed with mere picture hope u understand me
5. But you tried for using and advicing other about granite another sign of quality but if u use foreign iron for the casting deduct 10%
because local is stronger and durable for casting work well foreign too is okay but u will need thicker thickness

I would have have love to share mine too project and cost but its an 8unit flat of 2bd on a story building sizes 50 by 80 the wood for the roofing was delivered today total wood cost 550k u can imagine how wide and log the building is on a land size of 70 by 130.

Any one who need qoute can contact me as well cos I got all material my self from direct point of sales but for the roofing am not chanced to monitor it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution / How Much Is Roofing Sheets In Nigeria? / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.