Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) - Properties (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) (143187 Views)

Making & Finishing Of Interior Painting/design / The Finishing Of A 6 Bedrooms Duplex At Enelka In Portharcourt / Detail Finishing Of Built Home In Abuja With Pictures Including Our Showroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by vitodorado: 7:36am On Jan 04, 2012
Lovely efforts bro! You sure have done well for yourself.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 9:43am On Jan 04, 2012
AMEN!!!!
@ ALL THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

The floor tiles goes for 3k3 per square meter for the sitting room
and for the rooms 2k5 per square meter.
For the white(used inside the kitchen and wardrobe 2k3 per square meter
Peace!!!!

Kitchen

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by NL1960: 10:33am On Jan 04, 2012
NL1960:

@Am Alone. Seeing this your casement windows, were you able to put mosquito nettings on the windows?. If so, how was it done. Iam saying this because iam wondering how casement windows will be opened if mosquito nettings are on the inside or outside of the windows.

@Am Alone. While you were enjoying the holidays, i asked the above question. Now that you are back, please can u give an answer to it.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by steo: 12:34pm On Jan 04, 2012
@Am Alone, you have really done well for your self. I love your tile choices and your pop is not overdesigned as well. Loving it all!!
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 1:48pm On Jan 04, 2012
NL1960:

@Am Alone. While you were enjoying the holidays, i asked the above question. Now that you are back, please can u give an answer to it.

Yes bros, mosquito net was installed as well
The thing is that, the mosquito net is the sliding type.
So all you need do is slide and open the casement and slide back. . . .

@Steo,
Thanks Man
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by NL1960: 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2012
Am Alone:

Yes bros, mosquito net was installed as well
The thing is that, the mosquito net is the sliding type.
So all you need do is slide and open the casement and slide back. . . .

@Steo,
Thanks Man

Thanks. Is this approach the only way of doing it?. If there are other ways, please state it.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Fhemmmy: 3:10pm On Jan 04, 2012
Beautiful and Quality finishing . . . . Keep it up, Pal
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by princeonx: 3:56pm On Jan 04, 2012
^^
yes it is!
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
heheheheeheh cool cool cool
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
Am Alone:

heheheheeheh cool cool cool

This gentleman will be a good teaser . . . tongue
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by sammydee27(m): 5:31pm On Jan 04, 2012
@ Am Alone, Please can I have the name and contact number of the guy doing your tiles? That was a very neat job!

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by cinzo: 6:31pm On Jan 04, 2012
@Amalone, what are the advantages or disadvantages of using the very big tiles that come as a square meter per one? Am thinking of using it for my sitting room cos i feel it will eliminate all these lines you see when tiles are installed.

I would appreciate your feedback.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by atasteve: 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2012
Oga Am Alone, this is master piece cool

More pix to feed on smiley smiley

Pls what are the dimensions of the tiles that you used for the kitchen, sitting room and rooms.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by macdaddy: 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2012
oga am alone, i have been reading this post with keen interest and i must say that you done a good job.
please can i get the phone no of your tilers. i need to do tiling work in a property

thanks
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2012
cinzo:

@Amalone, what are the advantages or disadvantages of using the very big tiles that come as a square meter per one? Am thinking of using it for my sitting room cos i feel it will eliminate all these lines you see when tiles are installed.

I would appreciate your feedback.

The only advantage I know is that bigger tilers are often finer
as there would be less joints.
But for smaller rooms, use small tiles.

But the disadvantage is that it is more expensive and if you break one, you lose almost a square meter.

Thank you guys for your kind gestures. . .
The size of the sitting room floor tiles is 80cm by 80cm
while that of the rooms are 60 by 60cm

The kitchen is same as the rooms. While the middle tiles in the kitchen looks like just one is because the joints were filled with white cement
and since its a white tiles, it simply blends as one. . . .

AND OLUWA CHAMPION. . . .
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by olubuffett: 1:49am On Jan 05, 2012
^^^ Wonderful piece of work! you're almost there.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by ojbboy(m): 9:12am On Jan 05, 2012
Am Alone, I love the structure, pls can u post the floor plan? Thanks
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by macdaddy: 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2012
oga am alone, i have been reading this post with keen interest and i must say that you done a good job.
please can i get the phone no of your tilers. i need to do tiling work in a property

MR. AM ALONE U HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY ABOVE QUESTION O
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2012
NOO VEXXX OOOO

Ur email, and I will send you his phone number.

OLUWA CHAMPION!!!!

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 1:15pm On Jan 05, 2012
;d

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Demainman1: 1:35pm On Jan 05, 2012
Hey Am Alone! Well done!! I like your 'Not Over the top' taste. You sure know quality.

Pls one quick question for you. Question is open to all.

How soon can one walk on the newly laid tiles? One day? two days?

Rgds
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 1:52pm On Jan 05, 2012
^^^

If the install it say today,
from tomorrow morning, one can walk on it.

So I will say, after 18 to 24hrs. . .
OLUWA CHAMPION!!!
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Demainman1: 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2012
Thanks for the reply
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by macdaddy: 2:20pm On Jan 05, 2012
ok. my email is saintjimifadipe@gmail.com
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Fhemmmy: 3:38pm On Jan 05, 2012
I am surely stealing the design for the fence . . . .Cute
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by atasteve: 3:45pm On Jan 05, 2012
Am Alone:

The only advantage I know is that bigger tilers are often finer
as there would be less joints.
But for smaller rooms, use small tiles.

But the disadvantage is that it is more expensive and if you break one, you lose almost a square meter.

Thank you guys for your kind gestures. . .
The size of the sitting room floor tiles is 80cm by 80cm
while that of the rooms are 60 by 60cm

The kitchen is same as the rooms. While the middle tiles in the kitchen looks like just one is because the joints were filled with white cement
and since its a white tiles, it simply blends as one. . . .

AND OLUWA CHAMPION. . . .

Thanks for the information.

This is taste mixed with class smiley Well done.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by macdaddy: 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2012
hello oga AM ALONE. please send the tilers address to saintjimifadipe@gmail.com
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by steo: 4:13pm On Jan 05, 2012
There is nothing like your own home and more so having the fund to build it to your own taste. Still loving the house!!

By the way Am-Alone, how much did you say you spent on your parapet again? can't locate the cost from your previous thread.

Thanks,
Steo
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by austino01(m): 3:31pm On Jan 06, 2012
Hi, Mr am alone its is my great pleasure contributing to this powerful thread of your and i see that you have improve and done alot of wonderful job on your site am not here to critize you or anybody but rather i see myself as someone God is using to get a message across to you. For the shake of your safety and security you will have to stop publishing to the world what you gonna have in your interior their is nothing wrong with you sharing the exterior part of the building to the world but not what you going to put inside some people are out here not just for knowledge but to STEAL,KILL AND DESTROY olorun koni jeki o fi owo ara re para e o. amen. More also you know the type of country you live in so becareful by giving people demanding for the phone number of people that are working for you like tiler, painter, bricklayer, capenter and so on those people are the most easiest means that bad people can get to you, remember every man has gat a price if they bribe them they will tell them all about you where you live and where is your current site. If anyone need a tiler,capenter and so on let them seek different source. have been following your thread right from when you bought your land and spider and when you seperate from spider thread up to this moment, you see i never said anything but at this point i need to correct this mistate may God gives you the ability to finish the house and live long in it.

4 Likes

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 4:20pm On Jan 06, 2012
THANKS MAN

TRUTALK!!!!
Hmmmmm . . . . . . ,
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2012
Honestly at this point in time
I'm am more interested in #OCCUPYNAIJA THAN ANYTHING ELSE. . . . .
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Fhemmmy: 5:31pm On Jan 06, 2012
^^^ Nigeria will be better

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution / How Much Is Roofing Sheets In Nigeria? / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.