Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State (9683 Views)

Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri / I’m In Lagos But My Heart Is In Kano” – Atiku Reacts To Bomb Explosions / Explosions In Borno After Jonathan's Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State by okunboy: 10:58pm On Nov 19, 2011
pokur:

God bless u.These days,every case of armed robbery and rock blasting is attributed to BH by our do-nothing police and their media lapdogs.The annoying part is seeing people who ought to know better just lapping it up as if its the gospel truth,not to talk of our famed internet warriors here.
For the less discerning here,BH signature is to attack clerics and houses of worship of both religions,those that don't agree with them that is,and attacks on police/military installations.They may upgrade to politically motivated attacks,but they don't do banks,leastways not since they got established as a force to be reckoned with.

I would excuse your ignorance to an extent if you stay outside Nigeria. I can reel out to you some attacks by these lunatics to show you that Banks were also targeted. In Damboa town Borno State Boko Haram attack a UBA branch and carted away some heavy cash, In Adamawa State too. The recent Damaturu (Yobe state) where about hundred pple died, banks were also victims. So pls re-sample the signature and you will no what am talking about.
Re: Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State by pokur: 11:30pm On Nov 19, 2011
okunboy:

I would excuse your ignorance to an extent if you stay outside Nigeria. I can reel out to you some attacks by these lunatics to show you that Banks were also targeted. In Damboa town Borno State Boko Haram attack a UBA branch and carted away some heavy cash, In Adamawa State too. The recent Damaturu (Yobe state) where about hundred pple died, banks were also victims. So pls re-sample the signature and you will no what am talking about.
Dude,how did you know it was BH that attacked UBA Damboa and carted away cash?.Even the JTF has not made such claim.Please,let us make good use of our grey matter before spewing out such rubbish.Use your head,man!.I understand the need to curb/eliminate the activicties of BH,especially in the NE,but to attribute every act of criminality to them?.That smacks of escapism and provides ready excuse for our law enforcement/intelligence agencies from doing the job they are being paid to do.We might as well hold BH responsible for all robbery attacks in Lagos state.
FYI,i live in Lagos state and am from the east,Anambra state to be precise.
Re: Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:50pm On Nov 19, 2011
jevic:

Since it is still a rumour let's hope that that it will continue to be one.
Re: Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State by okunboy: 11:54pm On Nov 19, 2011
pokur:

Dude,how did you know it was BH that attacked UBA Damboa and carted away cash?.Even the JTF has not made such claim.Please,let us make good use of our grey matter before spewing out such rubbish.Use your head,man!.I understand the need to curb/eliminate the activicties of BH,especially in the NE,but to attribute every act of criminality to them?.That smacks of escapism and provides ready excuse for our law enforcement/intelligence agencies from doing the job they are being paid to do.We might as well hold BH responsible for all robbery attacks in Lagos state.
FYI,i live in Lagos state and am from the east,Anambra state to be precise.

Hey Mister! You're the one not using your head here, otherwise you will equip yourself with enof information before you take a position on a matter. We forget things easily in this country. To help your loose memory about damboa attack, read this:

On 27 May, a band of Boko Haram militants staged an early morning attack against a police station, a police barracks and the[b] First Bank’s branch office [/b]in Damboa, 80 kilometres south of Maiduguri, the Borno state capital, killing at least 12 persons.
Police sources initially said the casualties were three police officers and two civilians, but later reported up to 12 people had been killed.
The Commissioner of Police in Borno State, Mr Mohammed Abubakar, who confirmed the incident, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that: “Today is a Black Friday to us, because we have just received information about an attack by some 70 suspected Boko Haram militants in Damboa area. The hoodlums attacked a police divisional station, police barracks and a commercial bank” using explosives, assault rifles and other weapons.
Mr Abubakar said more policemen had been deployed to Damboa and that he was personnally on his way to the town to assess the situation.
The Police Commissioner linked the Damboa attacks to the police successfully thwarting Boko Haram’s attempt to attack a church in the Kwanar Yobe area of Maiduguri, a few days earlier. He said after intercepting some of the fundamentalists who were trying to attack the Church, the police seized an AK-47 rifle, some motorbikes, GSM cell phones and other items from them.
“They were frustrated by the gallant efforts of the police, which prevented them from attacking the Church in Maiduguri”, he said, “So, they decided to launch another attack in a remote area”.
Reiterating the determination of the Borno State police command to confront Boko Haram and restore peace to the state, Abubakar vowed that those who carried out the Damboa attacks will be hunted down. Disclosing that many arrests had already been made over the incident, he added: “We will get them, sooner or later”.

UBA Branch First Bank Branch (mistake on the name of the bank in my earlier post)
http://saferafricagroup.com/2011/05/28/boko-haram-attack-kills-at-least-12-in-damboa-borno-state/
Re: Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State by pokur: 12:30am On Nov 20, 2011
Erm,aren't you just proving my point by citing quotes from a Police Commissioner,of all people?.I basically called to question the attribution of all criminal activities up north to BH by the police and their lazy lackeys in the media,without any form of investigation carried out and concrete evidence adduced and there you are trying to disprove my assertion by quoting a police commissioner.
Now,assuming without conceding that BH attacked First bank in Damboa as well as police installations,where is the evidence that they carted away huge amount of cash as you alleged earlier?.Also,you are yet to provide the name of the bank they allegedly attacked in Adamawa and the town where the attack took place
Again,you proved my assertion right that one of BH's signature is to attack police/military installations,aside places of worship,as your link above proves.I still assert that attacking banks and making away with cash is not the forte of boko haram,so attributing that form of criminality to them is being disingenious,to say the least.
Re: Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State by okunboy: 1:04am On Nov 20, 2011
Won't you just give up making a blind argument ? I lived in Maiduguri for almost 7yrs, before I resigned my appointment due to this crisis. I know Damboa town, I have a family friend that lived there. I heard eye-witness account of this same attack. But there you are, sitting in Lagos and denying the police report of incidence that happened 24,000 nautical miles away from your nose.

Now,assuming without conceding that BH attacked First bank in Damboa as well as police installations,where is the evidence that they carted away huge amount of cash as you alleged earlier?.Also,you are yet to provide the name of the bank they allegedly attacked in Adamawa and the town where the attack took place

Ok, now your problem is not if they attacked bank, but the evidence that they carted away huge amount of cash. I will help you again, read this:

Maiduguri, Nigeria – Today the infamous Bokoharam sect struck yet another deadly blow to the nation’s peace and tranquility as the sect that had earlier claimed they would observe a ceasefire during the period of the Ramadan attacked two police stations and subsequently[b] robbed two banks in Gombi[/b], a northern Nigerian town. About 12 people were said to have been killed in Bokoharam’s latest attack.
The attack was carried out in broad daylight, according to the Police Commissioner A.T. Shinaba, the members of the Boko Haram sect first attacked the Police station with bombs and heavy gunfire killing four Police officers and a soldier guarding the vicinity. After which the gunmen raided the local branches of both First Bank PLC and United Bank for Africa PLC, and killed seven bank employees before speeding away with an unknown amount of cash. Four other people were said to have been injured in the attack.
http://www.informationnigeria.org/2011/08/bokoharam-attack-police-station-rob-two-banks-and-kill-12-people.html
Re: Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State by whatalife: 6:45am On Nov 20, 2011
The armed attack on kabba town has nothing to do with Boko Haram, There has been consistent armed robbery attack on the various banks in Okun Land in the last one year from Isanlu ,Aiyetoro Gbedde down to kabba town .
There are instances where the robbers would even write the bank ahead of time of their coming. Any body that live around kabba town or would attest to this, Both UBA and First Bank are very close to that police station that was blown up have been robbed before in day light robbery where people lost their life.
Re: Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State by tubolancer(m): 7:10am On Nov 20, 2011
Pokur shut up your mouth and stop defending boko haram.
Re: Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State by Muntula: 8:39am On Nov 20, 2011
There are three types of Boko Haram 1) Religious Boko Haram 2) Political Boko Haram 3) Petty Criminal Boko Haram
Re: Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State by Witi(m): 8:48am On Nov 20, 2011
whatalife:

The armed attack on kabba town has nothing to do with Boko Haram, There has been consistent armed robbery attack on the various banks in Okun Land in the last one year from Isanlu ,Aiyetoro Gbedde down to kabba town .
There are instances where the robbers would even write the bank ahead of time of their coming. Any body that live around kabba town or would attest to this, Both UBA and First Bank are very close to that police station that was blown up have been robbed before in day light robbery where people lost their life.
to butress your point there are better places that boko haram can attack in kabba for instance NYSC Orientation camp and Various church cathedrals in the town.
Re: Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State by PresidentT(m): 9:11am On Nov 20, 2011
@Okunboy @Pokur
Why the argument? Be it BH or AR this incident only emphasis the poor security system in the country. And that is the challenge! Insecurity! Comprede?
Re: Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State by sweetpawn1: 9:26am On Nov 20, 2011
^^^
Abeg, tell them o.
Re: Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State by 1025: 9:53am On Nov 20, 2011
we (Nigerians)are just a set of useless fools.
at any attack, we jump to blame BH. where is our govt? a few nigerians are sharing 74% of our total revenue in the name of salaries yet our lives and properties cannot be protected. who is even sure all these attacks are not sponsored by the govt to distract our attentions?
in the presence of all these, our most reliable president thinks the only solution is the removal of fuel subsidy to further deepen the sufferings of the poor masses.
at the end of the day if things will continue like this, boko haram will end up been a child's play compare to the things we will see in nigeria.
how on earth can one justify that in a very corrupt country like nigeria, no single individual serving any jail term anywhere that is corruption related?
if i may ask, is boko haram killing more than our govt?
until nigerians are ready to stand up like the libyans, egyptians, algerians, tunisians etc, these wicked sets of men will continue in their wicked ways.
how can we be talking about democracy in a country where military men are lined up in every angle of the country.
look at the situation in bayelsa, the number of policemen, mobile and soldiers a democratic president is using just to impose his own candidate on the people of his own state. it is really a shame.
Re: Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State by billyG(m): 10:13pm On Nov 20, 2011
I read it in the paper today,all i can say is we are in trouble in naija,for security yu are on yur own! cry cry cry cry
Re: Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State by vivicole: 12:57am On Nov 22, 2011
i just hope is a rumour, else we are not safe in our own country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M / Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation / President Buhari To Visit Cameroon From 29-30 July, 2015.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.