Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment (12228 Views)

Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX / Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Abbeycity4(f): 3:26pm On Nov 21, 2011
Ten Kobo:

I have seen someone with a terrible mouth odour railing at another poor soul for exuding so much oral stench, how in the world can such a fellow understand any sign other than direct, polite information.

abi o!!! .
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by totorimi: 3:28pm On Nov 21, 2011
The best thing is to sound it clear to the offendee that his or her mouth is smelling. Once heard that someones mouth odour suffocated another inside a lift when the lift stopped and he was screaming for help.

So mouth odour is a killer problem if you dont tell the offendee then he will kill you with bad breathe before your time.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by alakuna: 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2011
If he or she is a close friend, u can call his or her attention to that, he may not find it offensive. Then if he or she is a distance friend, a packaged gift of mouthwash, toothpaste, and brush will do the communication maybe on his birthday
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by PBundles(m): 3:34pm On Nov 21, 2011
Its not always an issue of negligence on the part of the person, but it can be many things including keeping ones mouth closed for a long period, excessive coffee etc. The solution is very simple and is trusted and true by yours trully. Simply have mints available, offer the guilty party one as you pop one in your mouth . They will either get the message immediatly or not want to turn away your offer/gesture since you just popped one to. Its almost like seeing someone drinking may make you thirsty.

If this doesnt work, then make like a deep sea diver and inhale and hold your breathe taking in air when the coast is clear  grin.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by mxxpunkxx: 3:45pm On Nov 21, 2011
mechanicaldummie:

"hey i'm bored! lets go brush our teeth",
^post of the day cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2011
The best way to tell someone his/her mouth stinks, is to approach him/her directly, and in a polite manner, even though he/she gets embarrased. You tryin to help him/her and yourself as well, Because you are the victim not him/her.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by fpeter(f): 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2011
THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS FOLKS ACTUALLY FORGET THAT IT IS THE TONGUE THAT STINKS BECAUSE OF SALIVA, A LOT OF PEOPLE JUST BRUSH THEIR TEETH AND FORGET THEIR TONGUE, ALSO MAKE SURE YOU SPEAK AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE OR HAVE SOME MINTY SWEETS OR GUM ESPECIALLY IN THE OFFICE(BANKERS TAKE NOTE),
CHANGE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH ATLEAST EVERY 3MONTHS AND MAKE SURE TO GAGGLE ATLEAST ONCE EVERY WEEK,
I HAD A BF THAT HAD VERY TERRIBLE BAD BREATH AND I SUFFERED SO MUCH COS I DIDNT WANT TO OFFEND HIM NUT MEN IT WAS UNBEARABLE UNTIL ONE DAY HE ASKED ME WHY I ALWAYS STOOD AT A DISTANCE OR TURNED MY FACE WHENEVER HE SPOKE "ABI MY MOUTH DEY SMELL"? THEN I CASHED IN ON THAT AND TOLD HIM HO HA! TO MY SURPRISE HE DIDNT PICK OFFENCE, RATHER HE ADJUSTED AND THANKED ME FOR POINTING IT OUT grin
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by occam(m): 5:24pm On Nov 21, 2011
A difficult situation to handle.Simply talk to him or her about it; need to send the message loud and clear

If you follow simple oral hygiene, mouth odour should reduce significantly

- Brushing teeth twice a day (morning & bedtime)
- Flossing twice or before bedtime. This is very crucial since we eat a lot of beef, goat meat etc. You need to make sure any piece of meat and other food particles stuck between your teeth is removed before going to bed. Toothpick does not work.
- Drink water regularly and rinse mouth after every meal or snack.

In addition, eating fruits, carrots and celery also helps a lot.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:32pm On Nov 21, 2011
Nice points u got there
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by nevachange(f): 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2011
simply ask the person, you don dey smoke now, your teeth used to be whiter,  ciao
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by tayoast(m): 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2011
Ten Kobo:

I have seen someone with a terrible mouth odour railing at another poor soul for exuding so much oral stench, how in the world can such a fellow understand any sign other than direct, polite information.

cheesy
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by xterra2(m): 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2011
Just write a note and keep it where the person can see it
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by cedrick: 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2011
the way u put it across to the person depends on the level relationship .if na ur pally do it direct and recomend a solution like baba blue. If u guys are in a tease mood ,serious like comedian hit am yabinly.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by denitro(m): 7:44pm On Nov 21, 2011
I did this to a friend of mine who had mouth odour,
Whenever I know I will see him I will share a mentor with him.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by seedord247(m): 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2011
By kissing them grin
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by hbrednic: 9:23pm On Nov 21, 2011
my guy, you have a mouth odour
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by dominique(f): 9:24pm On Nov 21, 2011
fpeter:

[b]THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS FOLKS ACTUALLY FORGET THAT IT IS THE TONGUE THAT STINKS BECAUSE OF SALIVA, A LOT OF PEOPLE JUST BRUSH THEIR TEETH AND FORGET THEIR TONGUE, [/b]ALSO MAKE SURE YOU SPEAK AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE OR HAVE SOME MINTY SWEETS OR GUM ESPECIALLY IN THE OFFICE(BANKERS TAKE NOTE),  

GBAM! people choose to pay less attention to the tongue while brushing and its what holds the key to mouth odour. food particles passes through the tongue and accumulates on it, with time it starts to rot and exude unpleasant odour. i remember when i was pregnant and i couldn't scrub my tongue cos it made me throw up, even i perceived my mouth odour within a couple of days. i had to risk puking so i can brush my tongue.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Leysco(m): 9:38pm On Nov 21, 2011
@abbey_city, i wasn't referin to his own case. I was just speaking generally. Do you know that germs decay your teeth only when you sleep. At this time, saliva no longer flows on your teeth to prevent this. Tooth decay makes odour to come out of your mouth. You can ONLY stop tooth decay by brushing before you sleep. Although people suppress odour by using mouthwash. But this does not stop toothdecay
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by asas(f): 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2011
did u brush dis morning dat wat i wld ask , or offer the person chewing gum or anything minty
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Ilekokonit: 12:37am On Nov 22, 2011
It is one of the hardest things to say to someone that they have mouth odour.

I've got a friend with the same problem and try as I may, I find it very insensitive to tell him that he has mouth odour.
The sad bit is that he is a forceful speaker and moves very close to your face to make his point.

After observing him for some time, I notice that he goes a long time without food (which may at times cause some mouth odour).

So I devised a method to save me from the smell.

Anytime I have to go to his place, I buy something edible and offer him some and after he has eaten some I can rest a bit knowing that the level of the mouth odour will have been reduced.

I just wish I was bold enough to tell him outright but I rationalize that if all of our other mutual friends are keeping quiet about it, who am I to put my head above the parapet.

Let someone else tell him.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by lepasharon(f): 3:09am On Nov 22, 2011
guys i have d best solution!

wat u do is brush your teeth but leave the paste to soak in ur mouth for like 5mins.
trust me ur mouth will be minty but fresh da whole day!
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Emmyk(m): 7:36am On Nov 22, 2011
Bad breath, when was the last time you brush?
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by wizzymate(m): 9:01am On Nov 22, 2011
Hey i'm bored lets do something fun like brushing our teeth.
this should do the trick
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by kpolli(m): 11:03am On Nov 22, 2011
always have mint with u, so u can offer it to them
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Abbeycity4(f): 11:48am On Nov 22, 2011
Leysco:

@abbey_city, i wasn't referin to his own case. I was just speaking generally. Do you know that germs decay your teeth only when you sleep. At this time, saliva no longer flows on your teeth to prevent this. Tooth decay makes odour to come out of your mouth. You can ONLY stop tooth decay by brushing before you sleep. Although people suppress odour by using mouthwash. But this does not stop toothdecay

sure, i understand, of course it's 100% right and advisable 2brush 2ice daily,

ermmm. . . ermmm . . . . wat else do i wanna say ** thinking**
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by cynthiafred67(f): 10:35am On Nov 23, 2011
Floxyluv:

The best way to tell someone his/her mouth stinks, is to approach him/her directly, and in a polite manner, even though he/she gets embarrased. You tryin to help him/her and yourself as well, Because you are the victim not him/her.

^^^GBam I totally agree with u
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by druid06(m): 2:54am On Oct 22, 2012
If it's your homeboy. There's no easy way to go about it, you have to be blunt. You start by saying. Men, guy. Your mouth dey smell, you nor dey brush? Go find solution to that problem before you kill me with mouth odor for here..LOL..?

If it's a girl. you have to approach the topic with caution and let her know the problem and possibly solution to it.

If it's your lover, just say dude/babe, your breathe stinks. I'm not kissing that lips till you find a solution to that problem.. LOL ..
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by simonplusx(m): 6:25am On Feb 27, 2013
Guys I find a place where you can find a FREE REPORT on how you can care bad mouth odor. it guaranteed 5 Awesome Tips For Fighting Bad Breath And Improving Your Mouth Condition in 7 Days or Less!" Just Visit http://badbreathmiracle.com
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by nsekzy: 7:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
organise a ten day dry fasting 4 d person,after that,his life shall never remain d same.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by marvelU(f): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
Sorry pls did you was your mouth today?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies: See The Foods That Can Make Your "Bum Bum" Naturally Bigger. / LUTH, Psychiatric Hospital Discharge Patients Due To Strike / Important Things To Know About Tuberculosis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.