Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Chatting Application For Andriod - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chatting Application For Andriod (5322 Views)

Full Meaning Of Some Common Slang's Use In Chatting / Which Of These Do You Hate Most When Chatting? / What's Your Current Best Social Media Of Chatting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chatting Application For Andriod by gree212: 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2011
please, what chatting application do you use? unfortunately, i have not been able to download 2go and whatsapp on my android tablet. the few I have been able to download, its only filled with arabs shocked shocked shocked shocked. If you know any good chatting or instant message I can download, please share, you can also put your user name so that I can add you. grin grin
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by N101: 11:56am On Nov 21, 2011
I use Kik Messenger. It's cross platform which works for me as I chat to people on Windows Phone and iPhone. It also works with Blackberry.

Try it out, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by gree212: 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2011
thanx, whats your username. mine is gree212
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by lynxnoon(m): 10:39pm On Nov 21, 2011
hi
I use IM+
quite cool runs Yahoo Gmail Facebook & more. . .
Cheers
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by yahoo2(m): 11:37pm On Nov 21, 2011
IM+ is great. Nimbuzz for android is another good one.
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:43pm On Nov 22, 2011
Go with KiK messenger
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by Yinkay: 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2011
Try LiveProfile
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 23, 2011
I haven't even downloaded any "chat apps" on my
android yet either. i will check out the ones listed so far. smiley
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by ismaeel86(m): 12:41am On Nov 23, 2011
^^ try whatsapp, is the best.it is very similar to blackberry messenger
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by Princek12(m): 5:28am On Nov 23, 2011
LiveProfile is pretty good and is generating a lot of buzz and following. After switching from Blackberry to Android, I did not miss the BB messenger that much pretty I could chat on LiveProfile.
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by femani(m): 8:50am On Nov 23, 2011
Samsung ChatON on android is the bomb, But it works only on android and samsung devices for now. It going to work on BB and iphone ios before the end of the year.
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by lynxnoon(m): 9:18am On Nov 23, 2011
femani:

Samsung ChatON on android is the bomb, But it works only on android and samsung devices for now. It going to work on BB and iphone ios before the end of the year.
yeah also use it too but very low patronage here. . . .i only have 4 buddies compared to whatsapp where most pple on my sim contacts have a whatsapp account undecided sad
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by NumberOne2(m): 9:56am On Nov 23, 2011
what's app is useless. I downloaded it and I kept getting blank sms every hour. No one told me to delete it.
If you want to chat try Yahoo messenger. it also has a Facebook integration so you can chat on Facebook from your Yahoo messenger.
Gtalk (Google talk) is also good and all android devices have them by default.
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by ambyzown(m): 12:03pm On Nov 23, 2011
lynxnoon:

yeah also use it too but very low patronage here. . . .i only have 4 buddies compared to whatsapp where most pple on my sim contacts have a whatsapp account undecided sad

Don't go blaming an app simply because it didn't work properly on ur device. I use whatsapp on my Samsung device and its working perfectly. I would suggest u ask for help getting it to work properly on ur device. What device are u using?
I also use Y! messenger on my android device, but prefer whatsapp because it lets me know if the recipient has read my IM or not. Also, its data footprint is very low.
I recommend whatspp to all android users.
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by ambyzown(m): 12:29pm On Nov 23, 2011
Sorry, wrong quote inserted. Been trying to modify my post but keep getting the message "topic locked"
My post was directed at Number_one
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by N101: 12:33pm On Nov 23, 2011
I tried LiveProfile but kept having problems with it - not just me but so did my brother. In the end we dumped it and opted for Kik Messenger which was significantly better.

The other one I used and did like was Viber.  Unfortunately my phone didn't have enough space but I found lots of my phone contacts were using it (mostly iPhone users).  Regarding Yahoo Hotmail etc IMing, I've been using eBuddy for years.  The best one I've used was Nokia Chat, but that doesn't exist for Android  grin
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by hydroking23(m): 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2011
Whatsapp is the best chat application out right now next to blackberry messenger. Its good for android, blackberry, Iphone and its even running on certain Nokias running symbian, not sure about windows mobile. Check it out!
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by achinu(m): 1:25pm On Nov 23, 2011
hydroking23:

Whatsapp is the best chat application out right now next to blackberry messenger. Its good for android, blackberry, Iphone and its even running on certain Nokias running symbian, not sure about windows mobile. Check it out!

I second that, WhatsApp is a cross-platform chat app that works very well, I use it a lot & it uses minimal data,
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by femani(m): 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2011
Y'all download chatOn and experience a new world of chatting.
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by LUDALOOLO(m): 3:28pm On Nov 23, 2011
i bet y'all never heard of slick messenger. its the best i have ever used, both on sybian and android phone. go to google and type slick messenger in the search box, open link from lonelycat website. you dont need any registeration like other chat application, and it allowed facebook, yahoo, msn and so on.
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by N101: 9:37pm On Nov 23, 2011
hydroking23:

I passed on Whatsapp because it doesn't work with Windows Mobile. It was difficult to find something that works with Android, iPhone, Windows Mobile and Symbian. In the end it was easier to choose an application where I got at least 3 of the 4 OSes. I could always chat Nokia to Nokia via Nokia Chat.
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by thetelz(m): 12:34am On Nov 24, 2011
Whatsapp is still the best so far. I also have im+ and I love it cos of the push notifications, keeps me online even when i'm offline on skype and facebook 24/7 so when next I.login, I see my chats. I decided to try ChatOn too but deleted it cos I had no one on it, Which tablet do you use if I may ask?
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by Mafia4life(m): 7:05am On Nov 26, 2011
@All
None of u mentionned the award/unique chat app called Nimbuzz with voice chat and chat room feature, Multi-platform and support video chat/call on Iphone and PC ( Yet to come on Android & Symbian ), Interface is mind-blowing, Its features ar great.
www.nimbuzz.com
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by Nobody: 12:51am On Dec 01, 2011
I got whatsapp and i am pissed! angry angry
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by thetelz(m): 8:23am On Dec 01, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

I got whatsapp and i am pissed! angry angry

why? Data issues?
Re: Chatting Application For Andriod by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
hycent1:
EXPRESS DATA PLAN You can now buy ur etisalat data for use on android,modem,Z10 and other gadgets at affordables prices...and with fast internet speed 250mb:#400 500mb:#700 750mb:#1000 1.0gb :#1300 1.5gb :#2000 2.0gb :#2400 To purchase u can call or whatsapp me on 08142663945.....i promise a hitch free and reliable service...... thanks ....pls re-bc
pooo

(1) (Reply)

A Little Advice 2 Mtn Users / Innjoo Halo Full Specifications And Price In Nigeria / How To Check If Your Itel Phone Is Original

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.