Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,795 members, 7,798,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) (97165 Views)

The Igbo And Culture Of Apprenticeship / Voice-recording Of People Speaking Igbo And Bini in 1911 / Wikipedia In Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 21, 2011
One_Naira:

[size=18pt]I'm talking to a child ain't I?
[/size]

I know Igbo swag is too much and you want to connect yourself to it but Ileke-idi It did not happen.  Pele!!!!

Nah, you're talking like a child grin
No problem, mama Ileke-IdI will help you.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 21, 2011

Lol look at the redish "wrapper" he's wearing. How Yoruba hat come enter that one. With yoruba attire (the non-agbada one. I think it's called aso oke.)
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 21, 2011
A pure Yoruba man's attire.
An attired invented by the Yorubas in this modern society. smiley

Influence is a beautiful thing to celebrate in this wazobia propaganda. kiss

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Afam4eva(m): 11:21am On Nov 21, 2011
Ileke-Idi, you're funny no doubt. I don't want to argue with you about whether or not those attires are worn by the Arabs or are exclusive Yoruba attires. What i want to know is; how are we show those pics you posted are actually of Igbo couples. Why not post a link to your source so that we can see their names.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by OneNaira6: 11:23am On Nov 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

LOL Oh dear, time to rubbish long azz epistles. lmao!! cheesy

Let's try this again. Yoruba influence Binis --> Binis Influenced Igbos. Nobody is arguing the indirect Yoruba influece that can be seen in the Igbo attires back then.
However, we're looking at the modern Yoruba influence of the Igbos, which can be seen in their recent attires, from Agbada to the other typical Yoruba attire and the typical Yoruba hat.

Which modernization? Story done change.  You take new style to vex after I proved you wrong, Agbada is not a Yoruba attire.  Refer to comparison and show me the difference?

Ileke-IdI:

That's not what is in discussion, dear. Borrowed, acquired, potatoe potata.
Point is, Yorubas fashioned it to their taste. That Yoruba taste, not the arab wear which is different from Yorubas,  can be seen in Agbadas in the pictures I posted.

Nobody said Yorubas "invented" Agbada, even though we might as well have grin

Fashioned it to their own taste? ROFLMAO grin grin grin   Show this different taste na?  I did the comparison with the pictures provided by YOU.  Biko, list the difference.

Story done change.  A minute ago you were on rampage how Agbada is not a Sudano-Sahelian creation and when proved wrong, you change your story?

Ileke-IdI:

The pictures you provided were newer (in terms of age) than those of the olden pictures of Yorubas, which indicates where the infulence comes from.
And Agbada is not the only one being discussed here.
The first wedding picture I posted here was not of agbada influence, it is a modern Yoruba fashion.
Not found in Bini land, not found in Hausaland and not found in your precious Arab land wink

Pre-colonial Sudaneo-Sahelian
[img]http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=59879&stc=1[/img]

Pre-colonial Yoruba posted by Tpia

Another Yoruba

Sudano-Sahelian

Yoruba

Ileke-IdI:

Knowing I'm Yoruba and denying others influence [/b]helps me sleep wonderfully at night. Even if it keeps you awake, I cant apoogize for that tongue
Fixed and i'm not the who've keeps saying I'll talk to you tomorrow.  Pele!!! If crediting others is keeping you up.

Ileke-IdI:

[b]Yoruba were not the first SOUTHERN group to be introduced to Islam. Yorubas were the FRIST NIGERIAN group to be introduced to Islam
via Lagos, before Hausas.
Hausas never learned Islam from Yorubas, dont overwork that your brain.  kiss

Makes me appreciate how we still keep unity between Christianity and Islam even up till now.

Link it up. Proof?  During slavery and pre-dates slavery, Fulani were Muslims.  Link it up Ileke-Idi and do not side-track on this one as you did the igbo denial on bini influence

Hausas never learned Islam from Yorubas, dont overwork that your brain.

Why mention them on your previous post?  Were you trying to imply they learned agbada from Yoruba?
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by OneNaira6: 11:26am On Nov 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Nah, you're talking like a child grin
No problem, mama Ileke-IdI will help you.

Only a child cannot understand simple logic.

I do not want your help ohh. As fela said, Teacher do not teach me nonsense.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Abagworo(m): 11:27am On Nov 21, 2011
A lot of things posted on NL can't but make me laugh. It is very true that Igbos are likely to wear other people's invented attire because Igbos are an ever evolving group. In Igbo villages you will most likely encounter people dressed in jeans and t-shirts than traditional attire. Most Igbos are multi-lingual in Nigerian languages. I do not see anything wrong with that. It is nothing to mock anyone for. Most of the copied culture are Igbotized to produce something more modern.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 21, 2011
One_Naira:

Which modernization? Story done change.  You take new style to vex after I proved you wrong, Agbada is not a Yoruba attire.  Refer to comparison and show me the difference?

The same modernization that you yourself are posting. The pictures of agbadas worn by Yorubas in the 1970s and those in your "colonial" Hausa pictures are not the same as today's Yoruba agbadas.

Unless you wish to deny that one too grin

Fashioned it to their own taste?

Ye-ls! We fashioned to to our taste, culture and tradition. The styles in our agbadas cannot be found in your precious arabland or in the North.  kiss

PS: To extend this thread, plz What exactly are those precolonial pictures supposed to proof? cool

Fixed and i'm not the who've keeps saying I'll talk to you tomorrow.  Pele!!! If crediting others is keeping you up.

Still aint gonna help you sleep at night.
Because of your inferiority complex, which you indirectly admitted in your previous post, you're going off tangent. Chillax. Acculturation is something to celebrate.

Link it up. Proof?  During slavery and pre-dates slavery, Fulani were Muslims.  Link it up Ileke-Idi and do not side-track on this one as you did the igbo denial on bini influence

You're going to have to do 2 homework today. Even a typical Hausa man knows that Lagos was the first state influenced by Islam. If you didnt know this about Yorubas, no wonder you continue to deny their influence.  kiss

One_Naira:

Only a child cannot understand simple logic.

Plz do not explain your problem on this thread. Not asking you to reveal your age kiss
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 21, 2011
Abagworo:

A lot of things posted on NL can't but make me laugh. [size=18pt]It is very true that Igbos are likely to wear other people's invented attire because Igbos are an ever evolving group.[/size] In Igbo villages you will most likely encounter people dressed in jeans and t-shirts than traditional attire. Most Igbos are multi-lingual in Nigerian languages. I do not see anything wrong with that. It is nothing to mock anyone for. Most of the copied culture are Igbotized to produce something more modern.

Exactly.
It's something to celebrate.
Nothing to deny.
kiss
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 21, 2011
afam4eva:

Ileke-Idi, you're funny no doubt. I don't want to argue with you about whether or not those attires are worn by the Arabs or are exclusive Yoruba attires. What i want to know is; how are we show those pics you posted are actually of Igbo couples. Why not post a link to your source so that we can see their names.

You can track the link of the pictures.

Right click on the pictures --> inspect element --> sites comes up.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 21, 2011
@afem
Can't retrace my steps to find the link of the other pictures, but this is another picture with the link.

Oji and ezienne

http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/1403520269061215774sHVcqN
http://family.webshots.com/photo/1403520269061215774sHVcqN

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by OneNaira6: 11:54am On Nov 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

The same modernization that you yourself are posting. The pictures of agbadas worn by Yorubas in the 1970s and those in your "colonial" Hausa pictures are not the same as today's Yoruba agbadas.

Unless you wish to deny that one too grin

[img]http://4.bp..com/-VALpRTyI6mQ/TbGoKQKjQ9I/AAAAAAAAASg/v5f6BCGV0VM/s1600/girl-you-crazy.gif[/img]

Pre-colonial
Yoruba

Sudano-Sahelian

modern

Sudano-Sahelian
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2hmHi9HJW1apKojdhxEDOXh7Q2msKz-Xv9eaE5I8BZEq4ZB9a[/img]

Yoruba

Stop side-tracking jare and point it out.  Why do Yoruba love making a blunt statement and when asked to point it out, it becomes a duanting task for you people.  Point the difference?  

Ileke-IdI:

Ye-ls! We fashioned to to our taste, culte and tradition. The styles in our agbadas cannot be found in your precious arabland or in the North.  kiss

The truth hurts.  It's paining you well well.  Keep crying.  CRY LOUDER

Ileke-IdI:

PS: To extend this thread, plz What exactly are those precolonial pictures supposed to proof?

It defeated your logic on the similarity is because where modern. Whether the picture is modern or not, it is still a SUDANO-SAHELIAN creation.  Even the past, the dressing was identical.
Ileke-IdI:

Because of your inferiority complex, which you indirectly admitted in your previous post, you're going off tangent. Chillax. Acculturation is something to celebrate.
I'm not the one crying for sleep yet still awake. Inferiority nko? ROFLMFAO. I credit Yoruba for their influence THE CAP and I credited the Sudano-sahelian for their influence, Agbada.
You keep bashing your head on the wall because Yoruba didnot create Agbada. Between me and you, who is the one with the complex? The Jury is out, it isn't me.

Ileke-IdI:

You're going to have to do 2 homework today. Even a typical Hausa man knows that Lagos was the first state influenced by Islam. If you didnt know this about Yorubas, no wonder you continue to deny their influence.  kiss

Another back-track. Igbo denied bini? where? show? you find it it. Yoruba was the first nigerian to be introduced to Islam? Where? Show? You find. This girl and her blunt, cannot back up statement. E no dey shame you?
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 21, 2011
One_Naira:

Stop side-tracking jare and point it out.  Why do Yoruba love making a blunt statement and when asked to point it out, it becomes a duanting task for you people.  Point the difference?  

The truth hurts.  It's paining you well well.  Keep crying.  CRY LOUDER

PS: To extend this thread, plz What exactly are those precolonial pictures supposed to proof? cool

It defeated your logic on the similarity is because where modern. Whether the picture is modern or not, it is still a SUDANO-SAHELIAN creation.  Even the past, the dressing was identical.

Nothing but male sensitivity kiss grin

What are he precolonial pictures supposed to prove?

That what? Yorubas didnt invent Agbada? No one said so. That Hausas were not influenced by Yorubas? No one said that either? Seems like you enjoy posting pictures for the heck of it grin

They were both influenced during the Islam pilgrimage to Africa.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 21, 2011
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by OneNaira6: 12:04pm On Nov 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Exactly.
It's something to celebrate.
Nothing to deny.
kiss

Exactly therefore give rightful people their own share and don't claim everything.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 21, 2011
One_Naira:

Exactly therefore give rightful people their own share and don't claim everything.  

Plz show some shame lol.
Someone just agreed that una like to wear other people's cloth.
Other ppl's that is Yoruba's attire.

Nothing wrong with it. Celebrate kiss
You despise Yoruba so much that you're indirectly claiming that Igbos are being Islamized, just so to deny the influence.
Agbada is not the only thing being worn here. As proven by pixs. Those clothes cannot be found in Hausaland or in your precious Arabland.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by OneNaira6: 12:18pm On Nov 21, 2011
I won't even reply to this.  I'll let your own post speak for itself.

Ileke-IdI:

Nothing but male sensitivity kiss grin

What are he precolonial pictures supposed to prove?

Ileke_idi
The pictures you provided were newer (in terms of age) than those of the olden pictures of Yorubas, which indicates where the infulence comes from.

Ileke-IdI:

That what? Yorubas didnt invent Agbada?No one said so.
It seems you are a broken lying record.  

Ileke-Idi refer back what started this whole conversation,  go back to page 1 and read your own statements.  

one-naira
Did Yoruba invent it?

ileke-idi
Obviously yes. A Yoruba traditional attire.  

Ileke-IdI:

That Hausas were not influenced by Yorubas? No one said that either?

Another of your post
Ileke_idi  Islam culture was first introduced to Yorubaland, then I would think Yorubas were influenced with it before Hausas

Ileke-IdI:

They were both influenced during the Islam pilgrimage to Africa.

Exactly what've been saying for 3 pages straight.  Thank God you've finally admitted it.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 21, 2011
One_Naira:

I won't even reply to this.  I'll let your own post speak for itself.
It seems you are a broken lying record.  

Ileke-Idi refer back what started this whole conversation,  go back to page 1 and read your own statements.  

Exactly what've been saying for 3 pages straight.  Thank God you've finally admitted it.

LOL Obiously, that was to get on your nerves grin As the thing dey itch you so.
Refer back to the Ofala thread with Crayola1 where we had the same crap discussion, even I could not have made a statement such as a yoruba invention. kiss

However, no one can pinpoint who invented Agbada. Who knows if Yorubas influenced the Islamic prilgrims who came to Yorubaland during Musa's reign. However, Agbada is found within Islamic regions (Libya, Yorubaland, North, etc).
The Agbadas found in Yorubaland is made differently from those in the other regions. Like I've been saying, we fashion/designed them to fit our taste and culture. The materials are different, designs are different, etc. kiss
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 21, 2011
One thing is, with explosive usage of Agbadas in the South, one could see Yorubas influence in the Southern region.

And not only with Agbadas. This (pixs below) is def not Hausa attire.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/1403520269061215774sHVcqN
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by UyiIredia(m): 12:29pm On Nov 21, 2011
I read the topic post and what i have to say is that the Edos are the ones who were able to influence the igbos and pass on elements of the Yoruba culture. Of course, interaction between the Edos and the Yorubas goes way back so much so that elements of their culture are similar. However I do not think the acculturation process is one-sided. For example The Yorubas aren't well known for making soups. They incorporate better-prepared dishes from the South-South and the East
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 21, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

I read the topic post and what i have to say is that the Edos are the ones who were able to influence the igbos and pass on elements of the Yoruba culture. Of course, interaction between the Edos and the Yorubas goes way back so much so that elements of their culture are similar. However I do not think the acculturation process is one-sided. For example The Yorubas aren't well known for making soups. They incorporate better-prepared dishes from the South-South and the East

We already went through the Yoruba influence.

So which soup would that be? I'm really interested  kiss
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by OneNaira6: 12:37pm On Nov 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Plz show some shame lol.
Someone just agreed that una like to wear other people's cloth.
Other ppl's that is Yoruba's attire.

Nothing wrong with it. Celebrate kiss
You despise Yoruba so much that you're indirectly claiming that Igbos are being Islamized, just so to deny the influence.
Agbada is not the only thing being worn here. As proven by pixs. Those clothes cannot be found in Hausaland or in your precious Arabland.

This girl and her lying.  Where did he say Yoruba? and where did I say Igbos aren't influenced by others?  

Refer back to you've reached full- retardation picture.  Igbo wear agbada,  I've been telling you Agbada is a Sudano-Sahelian creation, not Yoruba.  The yoruba hat the two men wore, I gladly mentioned it's Yoruba influenced.  See this buffon.  You are the only one here trying to deny other's influence.  If it pains you so much, Cry me a river.  

Yes ohh.  I hate yoruba people hence the reason I'm trying to take another man creation from them.  Pele!!!!!

Only in that r.etarded brain of yours is the word I, one_naira, indirectly claimed Igbo are islamized

ileke-idi
Does that mean Igbos are being Islamized?

one_naira
4.) No It is human nature to copy individuals without any form of connection to those individuals

The Southern Americans play banjo, an African drum.  I guess that means they are Africanzied. Most of the modern creation is an Asian creation.  I guess that means the world is Asianized

Na rock dey for your head?

Agbada is the only thing you've posted so far except the first picture, attention remains on agbada.  The only other picture that's different is the guy with the yoruba hat and igbo attire, which you tried to claim as a yoruba influence through bini.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by UyiIredia(m): 12:38pm On Nov 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

We already went through the Yoruba influence.

So which soup would that be? I'm really interested  kiss

Owo, Eguisi, Banga, Afang, Oha, Nsala e.t.c
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 21, 2011
One_Naira:

This girl and her lying.  Where did he say Yoruba? and where did I say Igbos aren't influenced by others?  

Refer back to you've reached full- retardation picture.  Igbo wear agbada,  I've been telling you Agbada is a Sudano-Sahelian creation, not Yoruba.  The yoruba hat the two men wore, I gladly mentioned it's Yoruba influenced.  See this buffon.  You are the only one here trying to deny other's influence.  If it pains you so much, Cry me a river.  

Yes ohh.  I hate yoruba people hence the reason I'm trying to take another man creation from them.  Pele!!!!!

Only in that r.etarded brain of yours is the word I, one_naira, indirectly claimed Igbo are islamized

Male sensitivity. Excused again grin
Ye-ls, Yoruba invented agbada lol

ileke-idi
one_naira
The Southern Americans play banjo, an African drum. [size=18pt] I guess that means they are Africanzied. [/size]Most of the modern creation is an Asian creation.  I guess that means the world is Asianized

[/quote]

According to you, Yorubas wear agbada, it means they're arabized.
See how foolish your logic is? tongue

[quote]Agbada is the only thing you've posted so far except the first picture, attention remains on agbada.  The only other picture that's different is the guy with the yoruba hat and igbo attire, which you tried to claim as a yoruba influence through bini.

Atleast you guys are now completing the Yoruba agbada with the Yoruba hat.
All that you need is our cultural orange beads.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 21, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

Owo, Eguisi, Banga, Afang, Oha, Nsala e.t.c

None of those dishes apart from Egusi are found in Yorubaland.
Egusi is also eaten in Ghana, togo and Benin.

So which soup did we acquire from SS/SE again?
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by OneNaira6: 12:42pm On Nov 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

LOL Obiously, that was to get on your nerves grin As the thing dey itch you so.
Refer back to the Ofala thread with Crayola1 where we had the same crap discussion, even I could not have made a statement such as a yoruba invention.  kiss

However, no one can pinpoint who invented Agbada. Who knows if Yorubas influenced the Islamic prilgrims who came to Yorubaland during Musa's reign. However, Agbada is found within Islamic regions (Libya, Yorubaland, North, etc).
The Agbadas found in Yorubaland is made differently from those in the other regions. Like I've been saying, we fashion/designed them to fit our taste and culture. The materials are different, designs are different, etc.  kiss

Ileke-idi.  It will not end abi?  na stubborn woman you be.  I thought I reached somewhere when you admitted it.  Carry on, my hand done tire.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 21, 2011
One_Naira:

Ileke-idi.  It will not end abi?  na stubborn woman you be.  I thought I reached somewhere when you admitted it.  Carry on, my hand done tire.

Biko, continue posting those Arab pictures.  grin

I hope your flawed logic does not reach your children, talkless of Ileke-IdI. God forbid that one. Omo see One kobo [size=18pt]Logic[/size]; "Yorubas wear Agbada so they stole it from Arabs. Igos wear agbada, so they're influenced by Binis" ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by OneNaira6: 12:46pm On Nov 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

According to you, Yorubas wear agbada, it means they're arabized.

Where did I say that?  What you highlight is mockery of your logic of Igbo are Islamzied just because we wear Agbada.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by OneNaira6: 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Biko, continue posting those Arab pictures.  grin

I hope your flawed logic does not reach your children, talkless of Ileke-IdI. God forbid that one. Omo see One kobo [size=18pt]Logic[/size]; "Yorubas wear Agbada so they stole it from Arabs. Igos wear agbada, so they're influenced by Binis" ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin grin

[img]http://3.bp..com/_6iyyhNHJjtI/SCLCiiAY0KI/AAAAAAAAAT4/UkWJo5dXTQc/s400/ShortBus-T.jpg[/img]

This stupidity, I hope noone jujued you ohh. It is not normal.

Read well well

one naira
Turaeg learned it from the Moor, Hausa learned it from Turaeg, Yoruba learned it from Hausa. Bini learned it from Yoruba. Igbo learned it from Bini. You see the cycle of this. It is neither a yoruba influence or Hausa influence which defeats the purpose of this thread. The title should be Muti-culture accumulation across west africa and north africa.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 21, 2011
One_Naira:

Where did I say that?  What you highlight is mockery of your logic of Igbo are Islamzied just because we wear Agbada.

"Yorubas copied agbada from Arabs" "I can't tell the difference between this Arab man and this Yoruba man"
"Agbada is an Arab attire"

If you do not know what your flawed logic is indirectly implying, plz get out of my kitchen.  kiss
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by OneNaira6: 12:52pm On Nov 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

"Yorubas copied agbada from Arabs" "I can't tell the difference between this Arab man and this Yoruba man"
"Agbada is an Arab attire"

If you do not know what your flawed logic is indirectly implying, plz get out of my kitchen.  kiss

You mentioned there is a difference in the attire  I replied I see no difference, it is the same thing.  it's a copied attire, everyone copied the sudano-sahelian including yoruba and you did not change it.  E be pain you this much?

Ileke_idi  do be careful on that short bus
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 21, 2011
One_Naira:

[img]http://3.bp..com/_6iyyhNHJjtI/SCLCiiAY0KI/AAAAAAAAAT4/UkWJo5dXTQc/s400/ShortBus-T.jpg[/img]

This stupidity, I hope noone jujued you ohh.  It is not normal.

Read well well

one naira

Back then, Binis were influenced, which was passed on to the Igbos. Yorubas, being part of the bini empire, could have directly influenced the Igbos themselves.
We know that history. Case closed.

Speaking of modern Yoruba attire complete with the hat. . . . Igbos are being influenced.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages / Yoruba "express You Self In Proverbs "owee"" / 'Manhood' Celebration In Edo, Topless Ladies Spotted At Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.