Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,142 members, 7,807,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business (19366 Views)

You’re Killing Local Manufacturers –MAN Alerts CBN / Courrier Plus (TNT) services Is Killing My Business / Please Read... Alaye Man Is Killing My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by bizgirl(f): 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
hello all,
kindly help me with the effective ways of controlling rats and ants in my shop. i have a mini-store but rats are realy given me a big head ache, indomie, satchet beverages, even plastic bottled g/nut oil are not spared by these evil creatures. please i am getting discouraged at the rate by which rat/ants operate.

i have tried RAT GUM, and some other rat killers all to little effect. please if you know of any chemical or other means of control measure, pls share with me. my business is just a year old, and i dont want it to die. please help me.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by obowunmi(m): 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2011
Na wa oo!
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by yamakuza: 7:04am On Nov 22, 2011
For the rats, prevention might work, ie blocking all the holes they get in through.

For the ants, thats a tough one but a clean environment should help.

Is relocating an option?
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by Shola2009(m): 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2011
How about getting a cat? that should work.
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by presido1: 6:12pm On Nov 22, 2011
There is this medicine you can buy from chemist shop, its in yellow small tube. I have forgotten the name, the medicine is for stomach problem. Get it and mix it with the stuff they eat and keep it for them. Once they eat it rat will become history as far as your business is concerned. As for the ant, i hv no clue but you can try insecticides but consider contermination first, if its safe give it a try.

ALL THE BEST.
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by yamakuza: 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2011
^ what happens if they start dying in tight corners?

Bad for business!

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by AfroBlue(m): 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by executinal(m): 6:54pm On Nov 22, 2011
bizgirl:

hello all,
kindly help me with the effective ways of controlling rats and ants in my shop. i have a mini-store but rats are realy given me a big head ache, indomie, satchet beverages, even plastic bottled g/nut oil are not spared by these evil creatures. please i am getting discouraged at the rate by which rat/ants operate.

i have tried RAT GUM, and some other rat killers all to little effect. please if you know of any chemical or other means of control measure, pls share with me. my business is just a year old, and i dont want it to die. please help me.
Just Fumigation every month it will help you
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by chidexy(m): 6:57pm On Nov 22, 2011
For the rats, a cat will definitely help or you use the age old rat traps. As for the ants, there are ant repellants you could buy and use. Very effective
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by gigabytes: 6:57pm On Nov 22, 2011
You can control rats in many ways.

Electric gadget: Go to any big supermaket, if you are close to island, game is the store for you, request for rat chaser, it cost about 1k. No rat or living things except human can near it. Though doesnt sound out

Fumigation:  Get ur area fumigated with 5k or below

R
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by oderemo(m): 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2011
Try inndosid, dont know the correct spellg tho.
Mix it with bread, those rat will be history. Trust me.
As for the ant keep general area clean and tidy, including droppings of any sugery stuff.
Stay cool.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by MyPoint: 7:12pm On Nov 22, 2011
presido1:

There is this medicine you can buy from chemist shop, its in yellow small tube. I have forgotten the name, the medicine is for stomach problem. Get it and mix it with the stuff they eat and keep it for them. Once they eat it rat will become history as far as your business is concerned. As for the ant, i hv no clue but you can try insecticides but consider contermination first, if its safe give it a try.

ALL THE BEST.

^^^
   INDOCID.

Just beware of rat poison especially if you have kids around. Cats/Rat gum and fumigation are your best options. Also consider blocking all holes as suggested earlier and keep a neat environment.  Finally, don't be discouraged.
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by edogirl2: 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2011
if possible, remove your entire stock to a temporary location for a day or 2 so you have a clear sight of all rat holes, or entry points to your shop. seal the holes & entry points with cement. to solve this problem fully will require more than taking one or 2 crockodiles out, you need to drain the swamp. basically, lauch a full scale attack. rat poison, or rat gum will only bring partial success, if at all.
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by lifestyle1(m): 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2011
RAT GUM should do it,  if u use RAT POISON the smell will pollute the environment, Abi na "winch" rat ?  grin
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by dinggle: 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2011
Like a poster said using rat poison could cause d rats to die in hidden corners there by leading to bad smell that could send your customers away for good.

My opinion:
1. Look for hidden holes and seal them up with cement.
2. fumigated your store regularly.
3. Make sure your surrounding store is always clean.
4. Do no like unwashed plates over night.
5. Empty your trash every night before you close.
6. Do general cleaning atleast once a month, where you move your items completely and clean.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by Dawdy(m): 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2011
U need to Buy highcules mouse Glue board,
it is poison free, odoureless
safe & convenient strong adhensive.
The ultimate rat catcher.
Beleive me, this has been tested befor it was trusted and recomended.
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by crackhouse(m): 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2011
Ewo! Eee yaaa. I hope say no be nkapi
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2011
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&tag=mozilla-20&index=blended&link_code=qs&field-keywords=rodent%20repeller&sourceid=Mozilla-search

electronic rat repellers

most other solutions will go nowhere

esp if you are sited close to a gutter or some such
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by MissEZ(f): 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2011
Get a professional to fumigate your store. We once had rat and cockroach problems at home and we got a fumigator to come and fumigate the house. It worked like a charm. Also keep your surroundings clean, avoid throwing water in front of your store or letting tall grasses grow around. These thing contribute to the cleanliness of your environment. If possible, get your neighbors to fumigate and keep a clean environment too, if not rats and insects from the store will migrate to yours.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by Basics007: 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2011
I'm suprised you said the Gum didnt work. Maybe you got the wrong one. There's this particular one they are selling around for 250naira. They saved my life from those vermins. When the silly things get stuck on them i dont remove them immediately. I leave them to serve as deterrent to the rest.
Maybe you can try that

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by freecocoa(f): 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2011
Op try otapiapia.
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by TOPAI7(m): 8:02pm On Nov 22, 2011
try commando (white and red sachet)
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 22, 2011
get 2 hungry cats, even lizards and wall geckos go hear am!!!

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by octar6: 8:48pm On Nov 22, 2011
1st of all,look for the holes d use in enterin,den block dem with cement. den buy kill and dry rat poison ,its very effective.it kills dem and dry dem without it smeelin out. as for the ants buy sniper insecticide.its in a plastic bottle,its foreign. abt 350naira,its used in fumigatin.very effective too.
all ur problems will be over .
cheers.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by wishlolia(f): 9:38pm On Nov 22, 2011
there is a special electronic (battery) operated appliance that sends a disturbing noise (inaudible) by human ears to rats and other rodents, i forgot the name of this gadget, it is cheap, it works by sending echo sound that repels rats, but human beings can't hear the sound. go to google and search using the terms ELECTRONIC RAT REPELLENT

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by Briz(m): 10:00pm On Nov 22, 2011
U guz shud not 4get dt we r in the 21st century, som rats know when you put indocid, so they'll just kindly ignore the bait.

Some ratz also know the colour of gum, i guess yellow rite. they r aware of that, so they won't even near it.

and don't mention the metal rat trap (called takute in yoruba) coz dere grandparents would hv thought them well esp. d ones dt listen and obey their parents or take time to learn their history well.

The last time i saw a rat in a place i visited, it was using an ipad.

Rats Are Not Smiling o!

6 Likes

Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by yamakuza: 10:19pm On Nov 22, 2011
Briz:

The last time i saw a rat in a place i visited, it was using an ipad.

Rats Are Not Smiling o!

ROTFLMAO !!!

Actually, some rats dey chase cats.

Others dey defuse traps.

Some fit drag the gum sef.

I think the ELECTRONIC REPELLANT is the best option, unless the rat get ipad.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by ndukwejoe(m): 10:51pm On Nov 22, 2011
Madam giant rat use to mutilate my AC wire until I quell the menace.buy commando rat poison it is sold in red satchet by fumigation agents. If it works buy me beer . Take care.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by kemmeye: 10:54pm On Nov 22, 2011
all the rats have evolved ifyou put poison they wont eat or some will even eat and be alive. put a cat there and when the cat finds out that the rat is bigger it would run away and as for the gum they will just avoid it after it kills one. dunno y they are getting smart

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by stagger: 11:38pm On Nov 22, 2011
Try SNIPER DV3000.

It works like nerve gas. Mix a cap of it in a bottle of water at least the size of a 1.5 litre SWAN or Ragolis bottle, close all the windows of your facility and sprinkle the stuff all over the ground and surfaces. NONE OF IT SHOULD TOUCH ANY FOOD ITEM.

Use this agent for 3 days consecutively.

Like I said, it works like nerve gas in humans. Not only will the rodents and ants be exterminated, but the remaining ones will be unable to reproduce permanently. Never seen anything like it. It eliminated the cockroaches in my kitchen; two years and still counting.

4 Likes

Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:58pm On Nov 22, 2011
Sorry about your predicament. If all these previous posts dont work for you, try relocating
Re: Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business by Chuksxp: 12:05am On Nov 23, 2011
@bizgirl

I think the best thing is to fumigate the place. If you're in Lagos, you can call Honeycomb cleaning/fumigation service on 08033844577

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Do I Buy MTN Branded Kiosk? / CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks / Ways To Turn Your Ideas Into Reality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.