Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending (15460 Views)

3 Steps Of Making A Girl Fall In Love Without Spending / 5 Ways You Can Be Romantic Without Spending A Lot Of Money / How Do You Approach A Girl You Don't Know And Impress Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by mekaboy(m): 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2011
[b]  UNA DON TRY, BUT YOU GUYS ARE MISSING IT.

1. 2 WRONGS CANT MAKE A RIGHT, YOU NEED BOTH NEGATIVE CURRENT AND POSITIVE CURRENT TO CREATE ELECTRIC POWER. A BROKE GUY CANNOT IMPRESS A BROKE GIRL NO MATTER HOW FUNNY HE IS.

WHY? BECAUSE A HUNGRY MAN IS AN ANGRY MAN, A BROKE GIRL IS NOT RELAXED OR IN THE MOOD TO ENTERTAIN YOUR JOKES. SO MAYBE A BROKE GUY WHO CAN HANDLE A GOOD CONVERSATION MIGHT GET LUCKY WITH A COMFORTABLE GIRL, WHO IS INDEPENDENT AND RELAXED READY TO LISTEN TO JOKES. AND IN NIGERIA 90% OF GIRLS ARE BROKE SO YOUR SWEET MOUTH NO GO GET YOU NOTHING. NA JOKE SHE GO CHOP?

2. MOST TIMES GIRLS SAY THEY WANT A GUY WHO IS REAL ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. OK SO THEY MEET A GUY ON FIRST DATE, GUY INVITES HER TO HIS HOUSE.  SHE COMES TO THE ONE ROOM IN THE GHETO, BLACK AND WHITE TV. SHE SITS DOWN, NEPA TAKE LIGHT,  SO HE HANDS HER A NEWS PAPER TO FAN HERSELF. SO WHILE HE DEY "SWEET TALK HER" HE IS CUTTING CASAVA, CRACKING ROMANTIC JOKES.  HOT WATER IS BOILING, HE STANDS UP RUNS AFTER A CHICKEN IN THE AREA, DIVES AT IT, GRABS IT , TRYING TO IMPRESS THE GIRL. TWISTS THE HEAD OF THE CHICKEN AND PULLS IT OUT, SHOWING HIS MUSCLE, THE BLOOD FLOWS, HE DROPS IT IN HOT WATER. REMOVING THE FEATHERS.

NOW THE GIRL ASKS, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? HE SAYS I AM TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING WE COULD EAT. THE GIRL SAYS OH NO I AM NOT HUNGRY, YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME. THEY GIRL IS EVEN IN A HURY TO LIVE THERE.

BUT IN ANOTHER SCENARIO , THIS SAME GUY MEETS THE GIRL, TAKES HER TO MR. BIGGS, THEY BUY TAKE AWAY, WITH A CAR HE BORROWED. TAKES HER TO HIS FRIENDS HOUSE WHERE HE CLAIMS IS HIS, WITH AIRCONDITION, DSTV . OPENS A BOTTLE OF WINE FROM THE FRIDGE.

THIS SAME GIRL THAT WAS NOT HUNGRY IN THE GHETO IS NOW RELAXED AND READY TO EAT.

WHO SAY MONEY NO GOOD?? grin grin NOW SWEET TALK ALONE WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN HIM FAR.

3. ANOTHER SCENARIO, DEPENDS ON THE SITUATION WHERE THE GUY MEETS A GIRL.  A GIRL HAS JUST RECIEVED QUIT NOTICE FROM THE LANDLORD , HER FAMILY WILL SOON BE EJECTED BECAUSE THEY OWE RENT. A BROKE GUY COMES AROUND HER WITH HIS SWEET JOKES. DO YOU THINK HE STANDS A CHANCE?  WHAT IF A SHY AND HUMBLE GUY, SEES HER, PACKS HIS CAR, WALKS UP TO HER. THEY TALK A WHILE.  THE GUY SAYS, YOU DONT SEEM TOO HAPPY WHATS WRONG, SHE SAYS DONT WORRY ITS A PERSONAL ISSUE. HE SAYS WELL FIRST OF ALL, GET INTO THE CAR LETS GO TO SOMEWHERE COOL , U MUST TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT.

THEY DRIVE TO A NICE RESTURANT, HE OTHERS DRINKS AND FOOD FOR HER, SHE EATS, AND WHEN SHE IS DONE HE NOW SAYS, TELL ME ABOUT THAT PERSONAL PROBLEM.

SHE SAID LANDLORD IS SACKING US.  THEN THE GUY SAYS HMMMM, OK LETS GO TO YOUR HOUSE I WANT TO SEE THT LANLORD THAT IS MESSING WITH THIS PRETTY ANGEL. THEY GO HE MEETS THE LANDLORD AND PAYS RENT.

NOW HE DOES NOT TALK MUCH, HE IS SHY, HAS NO JOKES, BUT WHENEVER THIS GIRL SEES HIM SHE IS SMILING AND HAPPY EVEN WHEN HE HAS NOT SAID AWARD. NOW HIS MONEY TELLS ALL THE JOKES FOR HIM.

I EXPERIENCED A SITUATION WHEN A SHY RICH GUY WAS CARRYING A BROKE, SWEET MOUTH GUY IN A CAR , THEY WENT AND PICKED 2 GIRLS, THEY BROKE GUY WAS TALKING FOR HOUSE, WHILE THEY WHERE PASSING A RESTURANT, THE SHY RICH GUY SAID, PLEASE I HOPE YOU GUYS DONT MIND, I AM HUNGRY, PLEASE LETS GET SOMETHING TO EAT BEFORE I FAINT.

I MEAN THIS IS THE ONLY THING HE EVER SAID THROUGH OUT THE HOURS OF CONVERSATION, THEY WENT IN, ATE, HE PAID FOR ALL, THE GIRLS SAID THANKS TO HIM.

NOW IN THE CAR. ONE OF THE GIRLS SAID, " I LIKE YOUR VOICE"  " I LIKE THE WAY YOU TALK" THE OTHER GIRL SAID ME TOO.

NOW THE QUESTION IS, WHAT DID HE SAY ?  WHATS IN HIS VOICE? THE BROKE GUY HAS BEEN CRACKING JOKES AND THEY KEPT LAUGHING TILL THEY BOTH BECAME HUNGRY. SO HOW COME THEY LIKE THE QUIET GUY MORE?

BUTTOM LINE, HUNGER DEY NIGERIA NOW, NO GIRL HAS TIME FOR JOKES OR SWEET TALK. YOU KNOW IF YOU LAUGH ALOT YOU COULD BECOME HUNGRY, YOU WANT A GIRL THAT EATS ONCE A DAY TO LAUGH AT YOUR JOKES?  WHEN SHE GETS HUNGRY WILL U BUY HER FOOD ?

SO IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE TYPE OF GIRL IN QUESTION. [/b]
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 22, 2011
Threads like this make me wonder whether some of these folks on Nairaland are 'cyber beings' that are detached from reality, or merely mischievious/deceitful people that deliberately misrepresent the reality of things in order to achieve God knows what. Maybe most of these peeps live abroad; that could be a cogent extenuating reason for the hopelessly naive and idealistic opinions they often express across this forum. But for those of us that live in Nigeria or among Nigerians, and know Nigerian females in-depth (irrespective of 'class', or 'status'), it is shocking to say the least that anyone would wonder why a man needs to spend to woo or retain a desirable Nigerian chick. You might as well wonder why you need to put fuel in your vehicle tank to make it move and keep moving.

When a sufficient number of hot Nigerian females start dating and phorking struggling guys that have nothing but 'love' , excellent conversation, and charming personality to offer, and also start rejecting rich, lousy jerks that throw money at them, then of course most men would realizing that money/spending is a needless disincentive. But of course Nigerian females would never evolve to that level. They'll insist they don't want 'losers', 'lazy', 'unambitious', and 'uncaring' men (i.e. Struggling/broke guys). Rather, they'll say they prefer 'hardworking', 'responsible', and 'caring' men (i.e. Rich guys/big spenders). Seriously?

BTW. So they acknowledge that "spending is inevitable", yet they purport to lament that fact that guys spend to woo girls? Lol @ their typical self-inflicted confusion.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2011
mekaboy:

[b] UNA DON TRY, BUT YOU GUYS ARE MISSING IT.

1. 2 WRONGS CANT MAKE A RIGHT, YOU NEED BOTH NEGATIVE CURRENT AND POSITIVE CURRENT TO CREATE ELECTRIC POWER. A BROKE GUY CANNOT IMPRESS A BROKE GIRL NO MATTER HOW FUNNY HE IS.

WHY? BECAUSE A HUNGRY MAN IS AN ANGRY MAN, A BROKE GIRL IS NOT RELAXED OR IN THE MOOD TO ENTERTAIN YOUR JOKES. SO MAYBE A BROKE GUY WHO CAN HANDLE A GOOD CONVERSATION MIGHT GET LUCKY WITH A COMFORTABLE GIRL, WHO IS INDEPENDENT AND RELAXED READY TO LISTEN TO JOKES. AND IN NIGERIA 90% OF GIRLS ARE BROKE SO YOUR SWEET MOUTH NO GO GET YOU NOTHING. NA JOKE SHE GO CHOP?

2. MOST TIMES GIRLS SAY THEY WANT A GUY WHO IS REAL ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. OK SO THEY MEET A GUY ON FIRST DATE, GUY INVITES HER TO HIS HOUSE. SHE COMES TO THE ONE ROOM IN THE GHETO, BLACK AND WHITE TV. SHE SITS DOWN, NEPA TAKE LIGHT, SO HE HANDS HER A NEWS PAPER TO FAN HERSELF. SO WHILE HE DEY "SWEET TALK HER" HE IS CUTTING CASAVA, CRACKING ROMANTIC JOKES. HOT WATER IS BOILING, HE STANDS UP RUNS AFTER A CHICKEN IN THE AREA, DIVES AT IT, GRABS IT , TRYING TO IMPRESS THE GIRL. TWISTS THE HEAD OF THE CHICKEN AND PULLS IT OUT, SHOWING HIS MUSCLE, THE BLOOD FLOWS, HE DROPS IT IN HOT WATER. REMOVING THE FEATHERS.

NOW THE GIRL ASKS, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? HE SAYS I AM TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING WE COULD EAT. THE GIRL SAYS OH NO I AM NOT HUNGRY, YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME. THEY GIRL IS EVEN IN A HURY TO LIVE THERE.

BUT IN ANOTHER SCENARIO , THIS SAME GUY MEETS THE GIRL, TAKES HER TO MR. BIGGS, THEY BUY TAKE AWAY, WITH A CAR HE BORROWED. TAKES HER TO HIS FRIENDS HOUSE WHERE HE CLAIMS IS HIS, WITH AIRCONDITION, DSTV . OPENS A BOTTLE OF WINE FROM THE FRIDGE.

THIS SAME GIRL THAT WAS NOT HUNGRY IN THE GHETO IS NOW RELAXED AND READY TO EAT.

WHO SAY MONEY NO GOOD?? grin grin NOW SWEET TALK ALONE WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN HIM FAR.

3. ANOTHER SCENARIO, DEPENDS ON THE SITUATION WHERE THE GUY MEETS A GIRL. A GIRL HAS JUST RECIEVED QUIT NOTICE FROM THE LANDLORD , HER FAMILY WILL SOON BE EJECTED BECAUSE THEY OWE RENT. A BROKE GUY COMES AROUND HER WITH HIS SWEET JOKES. DO YOU THINK HE STANDS A CHANCE? WHAT IF A SHY AND HUMBLE GUY, SEES HER, PACKS HIS CAR, WALKS UP TO HER. THEY TALK A WHILE. THE GUY SAYS, YOU DONT SEEM TOO HAPPY WHATS WRONG, SHE SAYS DONT WORRY ITS A PERSONAL ISSUE. HE SAYS WELL FIRST OF ALL, GET INTO THE CAR LETS GO TO SOMEWHERE COOL , U MUST TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT.

THEY DRIVE TO A NICE RESTURANT, HE OTHERS DRINKS AND FOOD FOR HER, SHE EATS, AND WHEN SHE IS DONE HE NOW SAYS, TELL ME ABOUT THAT PERSONAL PROBLEM.

SHE SAID LANDLORD IS SACKING US. THEN THE GUY SAYS HMMMM, OK LETS GO TO YOUR HOUSE I WANT TO SEE THT LANLORD THAT IS MESSING WITH THIS PRETTY ANGEL. THEY GO HE MEETS THE LANDLORD AND PAYS RENT.

NOW HE DOES NOT TALK MUCH, HE IS SHY, HAS NO JOKES, BUT WHENEVER THIS GIRL SEES HIM SHE IS SMILING AND HAPPY EVEN WHEN HE HAS NOT SAID AWARD. NOW HIS MONEY TELLS ALL THE JOKES FOR HIM.

I EXPERIENCED A SITUATION WHEN A SHY RICH GUY WAS CARRYING A BROKE, SWEET MOUTH GUY IN A CAR , THEY WENT AND PICKED 2 GIRLS, THEY BROKE GUY WAS TALKING FOR HOUSE, WHILE THEY WHERE PASSING A RESTURANT, THE SHY RICH GUY SAID, PLEASE I HOPE YOU GUYS DONT MIND, I AM HUNGRY, PLEASE LETS GET SOMETHING TO EAT BEFORE I FAINT.

I MEAN THIS IS THE ONLY THING HE EVER SAID THROUGH OUT THE HOURS OF CONVERSATION, THEY WENT IN, ATE, HE PAID FOR ALL, THE GIRLS SAID THANKS TO HIM.

NOW IN THE CAR. ONE OF THE GIRLS SAID, " I LIKE YOUR VOICE" " I LIKE THE WAY YOU TALK" THE OTHER GIRL SAID ME TOO.

NOW THE QUESTION IS, WHAT DID HE SAY ? WHATS IN HIS VOICE? THE BROKE GUY HAS BEEN CRACKING JOKES AND THEY KEPT LAUGHING TILL THEY BOTH BECAME HUNGRY. SO HOW COME THEY LIKE THE QUIET GUY MORE?

BUTTOM LINE, HUNGER DEY NIGERIA NOW, NO GIRL HAS TIME FOR JOKES OR SWEET TALK. YOU KNOW IF YOU LAUGH ALOT YOU COULD BECOME HUNGRY, YOU WANT A GIRL THAT EATS ONCE A DAY TO LAUGH AT YOUR JOKES? WHEN SHE GETS HUNGRY WILL U BUY HER FOOD ?

Mekaboy no go kill person oh, LOL. Funniest thing I've read here this week, but the message is totally true regardless; a no-brainer in fact. And I might add that this principle holds true for all categories of girls in this country, not just the poor/hungry ones.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by pendo89(f): 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2011
mekaboy:

[b]  

BECAUSE A HUNGRY MAN IS AN ANGRY MAN, A BROKE GIRL IS NOT RELAXED OR IN THE MOOD TO ENTERTAIN YOUR JOKES. SO MAYBE A BROKE GUY WHO CAN HANDLE A GOOD CONVERSATION MIGHT GET LUCKY WITH A COMFORTABLE GIRL, WHO IS INDEPENDENT AND RELAXED READY TO LISTEN TO JOKES. AND IN NIGERIA 90% OF GIRLS ARE BROKE SO YOUR SWEET MOUTH NO GO GET YOU NOTHING. NA JOKE SHE GO CHOP?

See where u go wrong.99% of all nigerian girls broke? Even in somalia those statistics would be wrong. No country has 99% of its female pop. broke.
And when did being broke mean being hungry?u cant say a hungry man is an angry man cz hes broke! rich dudes get hungry too but disease can prevent them from eating.

2. MOST TIMES GIRLS SAY THEY WANT A GUY WHO IS REAL ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. OK SO THEY MEET A GUY ON FIRST DATE, GUY INVITES HER TO HIS HOUSE.  SHE COMES TO THE ONE ROOM IN THE GHETO, BLACK AND WHITE TV. SHE SITS DOWN, NEPA TAKE LIGHT,  SO HE HANDS HER A NEWS PAPER TO FAN HERSELF. SO WHILE HE DEY "SWEET TALK HER" HE IS CUTTING CASAVA, CRACKING ROMANTIC JOKES.  HOT WATER IS BOILING, HE STANDS UP RUNS AFTER A CHICKEN IN THE AREA, DIVES AT IT, GRABS IT , TRYING TO IMPRESS THE GIRL. TWISTS THE HEAD OF THE CHICKEN AND PULLS IT OUT, SHOWING HIS MUSCLE, THE BLOOD FLOWS, HE DROPS IT IN HOT WATER. REMOVING THE FEATHERS.

grin grin grin grin I like the way u think.This is reality. But c'mmon lemmie tell u the truth. All that drama can be very romantic if she loves you. By her accepting to come to your place she must have gotten impressed in the first place. Don't try to hard to put show or please.Be yourself. Girls know when a guy is putting a show so it becomes a put off rather than a turn on.If she walks out she does so cz u are wasting too much time on that chicken or goat! She did not come to eat! she came to visit you.Spend time on her and let the chicken live.

She is eating because everything is easy and available and you also have time talk not wash blood off your clothes. Its a different story chasing a hen all over the neighbourhood.A smart guy would make a simple sandwich or eggs and trust me that girl would appreciate.Must you slaughter a hen? A girl loves you not the hen.

3. ANOTHER SCENARIO, DEPENDS ON THE SITUATION WHERE THE GUY MEETS A GIRL.  A GIRL HAS JUST RECIEVED QUIT NOTICE FROM THE LANDLORD , HER FAMILY WILL SOON BE EJECTED BECAUSE THEY OWE RENT. A BROKE GUY COMES AROUND HER WITH HIS SWEET JOKES. DO YOU THINK HE STANDS A CHANCE?

Halo!! what do u mean? Is she looking for a caretaker or a lover? theres a big difference there. Its not the money but the girl's attitude here.

WHAT IF A SHY AND HUMBLE GUY, SEES HER, PACKS HIS CAR, WALKS UP TO HER. THEY TALK A WHILE.  THE GUY SAYS, YOU DONT SEEM TOO HAPPY WHATS WRONG, SHE SAYS DONT WORRY ITS A PERSONAL ISSUE. HE SAYS WELL FIRST OF ALL, GET INTO THE CAR LETS GO TO SOMEWHERE COOL , U MUST TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT.

Oh so shes very wise jumping into a stranger's car without a care in the world? what kind of girl are u talking about?

SHE SAID LANDLORD IS SACKING US.  THEN THE GUY SAYS HMMMM, OK LETS GO TO YOUR HOUSE I WANT TO SEE THT LANLORD THAT IS MESSING WITH THIS PRETTY ANGEL. THEY GO HE MEETS THE LANDLORD AND PAYS RENT.

Yes thats is why I said it's possible to receive care but no love.

NOW IN THE CAR. ONE OF THE GIRLS SAID, " I LIKE YOUR VOICE"  " I LIKE THE WAY YOU TALK" THE OTHER GIRL SAID ME TOO.
NOW THE QUESTION IS, WHAT DID HE SAY ?  WHATS IN HIS VOICE? THE BROKE GUY HAS BEEN CRACKING JOKES AND THEY KEPT LAUGHING TILL THEY BOTH BECAME HUNGRY. SO HOW COME THEY LIKE THE QUIET GUY MORE?

They liked the fact that he paid for the meal.They don't like his voice! Again the calibre of girls matter as well.Not all girls reason like that.

BUTTOM LINE, HUNGER DEY NIGERIA NOW, NO GIRL HAS TIME FOR JOKES OR SWEET TALK. YOU KNOW IF YOU LAUGH ALOT YOU COULD BECOME HUNGRY, YOU WANT A GIRL THAT EATS ONCE A DAY TO LAUGH AT YOUR JOKES?  WHEN SHE GETS HUNGRY WILL U BUY HER FOOD ?

Is the hunger there worse than in somalia?

SO IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE TYPE OF GIRL IN QUESTION. [/b] yep ur right there.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by agnesefe: 8:12pm On Nov 22, 2011
@pro01
No better said. Truth really is self-deceit and duplicity, ranks considerably high in the shadowy columns of cyberspace. In one breath, some premise is presented as whole and devoid of conditions or strings and, in another stroke, a supplication is made to recruit the original conditions for its nurture and sustenance and then, the hogwash; probably, feed from fiction and the theaters make for this constant contradiction. The reality that presents in “relationships” and associations is the constant presence or assurance of security- whether in delayed or expected sufficiency by the parties involved, or the immediate.

The challenge, I believe, should be to curb the degradation of “relationships” to the marketplace price haggle scenario, or better, have a new meaning or word come to define it.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by mekaboy(m): 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2011
[b] lol,  SHE IS EATING BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS EASY RIGHT ? NOW MONEY MAKES IT EASY.

SANDWICH AND EGG U SAID ? LOL IN AJEGUNLE? HA HA HA HA. THE GUY WILL LEAVE FREE CHICKEN TO MAKE SANDWISH AND EGG?

WELL THE KIND OF GIRL I AM TALKING ABOUT IS 90% OF THE GIRLS YOU WOULD MEET IN NIGERIA TODAY.

NO WHEN THE GIRL SPENT THE MONEY ON THE GIRL, HELPED HER PAY HER RENT, SHE FELL INLOVE WITH HIM, NOT BECAUSE OF HIS MONEY, BUT BECAUSE OF HIS HEART, HIS PERSONALITY.

SOME GUYS CAN BE FUNNY AND STINGY, FUNNY AND WICKED. THIS GUY SHOWED THAT HE HAD MONEY AND THAT HE HAS A GOOD HEART TO GO WITH IT.

HE HAS NO JOKES, BUT HE IS KIND.

ISNT THAT WHAT GIRLS WANT? A KIND AND CARING GUY ? ITS EASIER TO SHOW KINDNESS AND CARE WITH MONEY THAN JOKES. IF YOU HAIR IS DUE AND YOUR BROKE, I CANT SHOW YOU KINDNESS WITH TELLING YOU JOKES, I SHOW IT BUY TAKING YOU TO THE SALON AND IT COST MONEY.

IF YOUR PHONE SCREEN GOES BLIND, I CANT SHOW U KINDNESS AND CARE BUY TELLING YOU A JOKE, I SHOW I CARE BUY BUYING A NEW ONE .

YOU SEE THE ROLE OF MONEY ?

IF U SEE A BROKE GUY IN NIGERIA KEEPING A FINE GIRL IN NIGERIA, A CHAIRMAN IS FINANCING THE RELATIONSHIP. HO HA.[/b]
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by pendo89(f): 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2011
pro01:

Threads like this make me wonder whether some of these folks on Nairaland are 'cyber beings' that are detached from reality, or merely mischievious/deceitful people that deliberately misrepresent the reality of things in order to achieve God knows what. Maybe most of these peeps live abroad; that could be a cogent extenuating reason for the hopelessly naive and idealistic opinions they often express across this forum. But for those of us that live in Nigeria or among Nigerians, and know Nigerian females in-depth (irrespective of 'class', or 'status'), it is shocking to say the least that anyone would wonder why a man needs to spend to woo or retain a desirable Nigerian chick. You might as well wonder why you need to put fuel in your vehicle tank to make it move and keep moving.

When a sufficient number of hot Nigerian females start dating and phorking struggling guys that have nothing but 'love' , excellent conversation, and charming personality to offer, and also start rejecting rich, lousy jerks that throw money at them, then of course most men would realizing that money/spending is a needless disincentive. But of course Nigerian females would never evolve to that level. They'll insist they don't want 'losers', 'lazy',  'unambitious', and 'uncaring' men (i.e. Struggling/broke guys). Rather, they'll say they prefer 'hardworking', 'responsible', and 'caring' men (i.e. Rich guys/big spenders). Seriously?

BTW. So they acknowledge that "spending is inevitable", yet they purport to lament that fact that guys spend to woo girls? Lol @ their typical self-inflicted confusion.

Okay I understand.Reading comments on nl always make me realise how deep the 'money for love' culture is.Its as if  u guys have lost hope.
But u must realise that no society is perfect.Each society has women who love money more than love itself.
But hey am not here to defend the male or female gender of nigeria. I said at the beginning that we should not focus on a particular region but think worlwide cz female is female everywhere.
Read the bolded and see how you missed the point. I acknowledge that many girls are wooed by money. But that is not what am talking here.
I am asking if you posess other qualities enough to woo besides money. I know for a fact (ok for your pleasure I exclude nigeria) that its possible to win a girl without flashing the wallet. Now if you cant do that I swear you got a problem with your God given ability. Its easy but you choose to deny it because of the society you live in.Acceptable but not the norm worlwide.
You know what? I was talking to a nigerian guy and the first thing he wanted to do was send me money for airtime! I did not ask for it and he doesn't know me well enough.
He just felt that he should pay for the airtime since I was conversing with him. I was like why?? nobody pays my airtime because I willingly use internet and before I met him I have been online like forever.After reading replies here I now understand why he wanted to pay. He's used to buying airtime for people.
So I cant blame you cz u know your country better than I do.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by redsun(m): 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2011
You can only spend what u got and what is convenient. Go out of your way to spend for a bi.tch,you are bleeped.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by coogar: 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2011
mekaboy:

[b]  UNA DON TRY, BUT YOU GUYS ARE MISSING IT.

3. ANOTHER SCENARIO, DEPENDS ON THE SITUATION WHERE THE GUY MEETS A GIRL.  A GIRL HAS JUST RECIEVED QUIT NOTICE FROM THE LANDLORD , HER FAMILY WILL SOON BE EJECTED BECAUSE THEY OWE RENT. A BROKE GUY COMES AROUND HER WITH HIS SWEET JOKES. DO YOU THINK HE STANDS A CHANCE?  WHAT IF A SHY AND HUMBLE GUY, SEES HER, PACKS HIS CAR, WALKS UP TO HER. THEY TALK A WHILE.  THE GUY SAYS, YOU DONT SEEM TOO HAPPY WHATS WRONG, SHE SAYS DONT WORRY ITS A PERSONAL ISSUE. HE SAYS WELL FIRST OF ALL, GET INTO THE CAR LETS GO TO SOMEWHERE COOL , U MUST TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT.

mekaboy, a thousand thanks for making my day!!! cool
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by bestofthisyear(m): 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2011
It is definitely possible to keep a womans attention/interest without spending money but like others have said on here it definitely depends on the woman in question. If she's exposed she has grasped the notion that love/interest isn't directly tied to cash. If she hasn't seen much then ofcourse she believes he who spends the most has won her heart. As far as the things to do to impress a girl without money, it all depends on the girl and good conversation. Once you get to know the girl more you can now come up with things to do that you know she would appreciate because you put thought into it. That being said you see a lot of cases where girls who want a guy with persona, but end up with a guy who only spends to keep her attention. A lot of it has to do with where you are and the type of girls your dealing with.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by pendo89(f): 8:41pm On Nov 22, 2011
You are a very funny but real character mekaboy.I like your mind. grin grin grin grin
But dont trip. I say again for the 100th time.Money makes a relationship comfortable. We cant live without it and yes you have very realistic points down there.
Its worse being broke and having no other 'attractive qualities'.Your guy had money plus a kind heart.His kind heart won over the girl but only time will prove because the day he stops paying for rent then we see what happens.
And jokes is not the only quality here. YOU CAN IMPRESS GIRL WITHOUT GOING BANKRUPT IS WHAT AM SAYING.

mekaboy:

[b] lol,  SHE IS EATING BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS EASY RIGHT ? NOW MONEY MAKES IT EASY.

SANDWICH AND EGG U SAID ? LOL IN AJEGUNLE? HA HA HA HA. THE GUY WILL LEAVE FREE CHICKEN TO MAKE SANDWISH AND EGG?

WELL THE KIND OF GIRL I AM TALKING ABOUT IS 90% OF THE GIRLS YOU WOULD MEET IN NIGERIA TODAY.

NO WHEN THE GIRL SPENT THE MONEY ON THE GIRL, HELPED HER PAY HER RENT, SHE FELL INLOVE WITH HIM, NOT BECAUSE OF HIS MONEY, BUT BECAUSE OF HIS HEART, HIS PERSONALITY.

SOME GUYS CAN BE FUNNY AND STINGY, FUNNY AND WICKED. THIS GUY SHOWED THAT HE HAD MONEY AND THAT HE HAS A GOOD HEART [/b]TO GO WITH IT.
HE HAS NO JOKES, BUT HE IS KIND. That makes sense.

ISNT THAT WHAT GIRLS WANT? A KIND AND CARING GUY ? ITS EASIER TO SHOW KINDNESS AND CARE WITH MONEY THAN JOKES. IF YOU HAIR IS DUE AND YOUR BROKE, I CANT SHOW YOU KINDNESS WITH TELLING YOU JOKES, I SHOW IT BUY TAKING YOU TO THE SALON AND IT COST MONEY.

IF YOUR PHONE SCREEN GOES BLIND, I CANT SHOW U KINDNESS AND CARE BUY TELLING YOU A JOKE, I SHOW I CARE BUY BUYING A NEW ONE .

YOU SEE THE ROLE OF MONEY ?

IF U SEE A BROKE GUY IN NIGERIA KEEPING A FINE GIRL IN NIGERIA, A CHAIRMAN IS FINANCING THE RELATIONSHIP. HO HA.
grin

Okay when I started the thread I had the whole world in mind really. I had all manner of girls in mind too including those who can buy themselves phones and pay their bills,rent,salon fuel their vehicles as well not only those who sit and wait for the moneyed fellow to take care of all their needs.
So how do u impress these type cz if u think u can take them to biggs then they can take u to paris for dinner. If you are thinking of repairing their phones they are placing an order for a new one. If you think chicken is the best food for her she can order Caviar. Think outside the box at times.
But hey thats the society what to do? I cant change anything but discuss.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2011
My last date was with a nigerian girl. And she insisted she pay for [b]our [/b]food.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by pendo89(f): 8:48pm On Nov 22, 2011
2buff:

My last date was with a nigerian girl. And she insisted she pay for [b]our [/b]food.

That's nigerian man and girl for you mekaboy. cool
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2011
My darling Pendo, I've always had nothing but love for my naija babes. This I have said countless times.
Besides if you know the right words, you can get your woman to do anything for you. . . instead of just b[i]i[/i]tching about them.   wink

I can only truly marry a naija babe. FACT  grin

(too many whites here mehn, I don taiya)
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by pendo89(f): 9:02pm On Nov 22, 2011
2buff:

My darling Pendo, I've always had nothing but love for my naija babes. This I have said countless times.
Besides if you know the right words, you can get your woman to do anything for you. . . instead of just b[i]i[/i]tching about them.   wink

I can only truly marry a naija babe. FACT  grin

See? u guys that respect your girls keep mum when everyone else is running amok bashing them left right and center. I know its a nl virus but trust me it leaves a bad image in the minds of people who dont know the jokers.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by bestofthisyear(m): 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2011
Pendo when was the last time you were in Nigeria? I understand you may feel like its bashing but it does tell a lot of the current situation of things. All you need to do is go to any hotel or shopping area in abuja to see old grandfathers from overseas (white,lebanese,indian etc) with young good looking girls to know the state of affairs is bad. Most girls are looking for a ticket
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 22, 2011
^^ My guy, in truth there will always be p[i]i[/i]mps and pros[i]ti[/i]tutes wherever you go, and there will always be those who seek after their services.
That should not concern you.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by MrsChima1(f): 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2011
2buff:

Awww. Getting home sick huh? kiss kiss
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by pendo89(f): 9:38pm On Nov 22, 2011
bestofthisyear:

Pendo when was the last time you were in Nigeria? I understand you may feel like its bashing but it does tell a lot of the current situation of things. All you need to do is go to any hotel or shopping area in abuja to see old grandfathers from overseas (white,lebanese,indian etc) with young good looking girls to know the state of affairs is bad. Most girls are looking for a ticket
Today on nl.NL to me is the face of nigeria.true?
The old white fellows are everywhere doing their thing so just ignore them.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 22, 2011
Well I should have known that Pendo wasn't Nigerian; I'm now relieved it isn't a case of mischief or deceit.

Anyways, I just don't know how to argue in favour of something that is clearly the exception rather than acknowledge the rule for what it is. Patriotism or whatever it is would not make me distort the truth about Nigerian girls. They certainly are beautiful, sexy, and do possess some other qualities, but 'uncommercialized affection' isn't one of them. Yes there are Nigerian girls that are not at all interested in money. Yes, there are Nigerian 'princesses' that would elope with a pauper for the sake of love. And of course yes there are Nigerian girls that would happily love and date a regular guy that is unable/unwilling to spend on her (while also secretly having an affair with another man who is spending big time). But then, what is the majority position? 95 out of 100 would not last with a guy that doesn't spend on them directly or indirectly. If they're pretending to be cool with the lack of spending, you can be sure she's probably looking out for a better deal (or secretly getting it elsewhere). It's a cultural phenomenon. Even the starry eyed, love-struck girl in these parts is soon made to wake up and smell the coffee of materialism by a rainbow coalition of friends, sisters, mothers, aunties, school mates, colleagues, peers, neighbours and so forth. There's hardly an escape route.

Of course I've had my fair share of girls that I poked without any meaningful spending - and that's because these days I mostly do flings - even with the most virtuous of maidens. It's easier to charm, deceive, and 'mesmerise' one's way into a girl's pants without much spending if you know you have a short-term, 'chop and clean mouth' objective. But for any actual full-time relationship, it is almost impossible to make a Nigerian girl maintain a long-standing relationship with you ALONE without spending more or less frequently along the line. If you're a fine boy/charmer/good lover, you might be 'lucky' to be retained without spending at all on her - but that would be ONLY because another richer man/men elsewhere is 'subsidizing' your relationship (for a slice of her kitty, of course)
You can quote me on that.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by pendo89(f): 12:03am On Nov 23, 2011
pro01:

Well I should have known that Pendo wasn't Nigerian; I'm now relieved it isn't a case of mischief or deceit.

Anyways, I just don't know how to argue in favour of something that is clearly the exception rather than acknowledge the rule for what it is. Patriotism or whatever it is would not make me distort the truth about Nigerian girls. They certainly are beautiful, sexy, and do possess some other qualities, but 'uncommercialized affection' isn't one of them. Yes there are Nigerian girls that are not at all interested in money. Yes, there are Nigerian 'princesses' that would elope with a pauper for the sake of love. And of course yes there are Nigerian girls that would happily love and date a regular guy that is unable/unwilling to spend on her (while also secretly having an affair with another man who is spending big time). But then, what is the majority position? 95 out of 100 would not last with a guy that doesn't spend on them directly or indirectly. If they're pretending to be cool with the lack of spending, you can be sure she's probably looking out for a better deal (or secretly getting it elsewhere). It's a cultural phenomenon. Even the starry eyed, love-struck girl in these parts is soon made to wake up and smell the coffee of materialism by a rainbow coalition of friends, sisters, mothers, aunties, school mates, colleagues, peers, neighbours and so forth. There's hardly an escape route.
Of course I've had my fair share of girls that I poked without any meaningful spending - and that's because these days I mostly do flings - even with the most virtuous of maidens. It's easier to charm, deceive, and 'mesmerise' one's way into a girl's pants without much spending if you know you have a short-term, 'chop and clean mouth' objective. But for any actual full-time relationship, it is almost impossible to make a Nigerian girl maintain a long-standing relationship with you ALONE without spending more or less frequently along the line. If you're a fine boy/charmer/good lover, you might be 'lucky' to be retained without spending at all on her - but that would be ONLY because another richer man/men elsewhere is 'subsidizing' your relationship (for a slice of her kitty, of course)
You can quote me on that.

Deep stuff. But I understand now. I blame the society and the pressure it puts on girls.Some things as you rightfully said are a cultural phenomenon.
What to do? just live life.
I will reserve my thoughts here because am foreign and therefore cannot pretend to know the nigerian culture more than you.You can see my mind wasnt on nigeria but the world as a whole, but people will always refer to the society they live in rather than make a general conclusion.
Its funny cz where I come from the mens outcry is 'women have become too independent they no longer need the men' grin grin.
I think they got fed up of being pampered and taken care of and so they are doing everything possible including men's work to become independent.
It's more proud to say you are doing all by yourself rather than say some guy is taking care of you.It makes you lose value in the face of your friends when you are depicted that way. Crazy how societies behave.
At the end of the day I always say,if you allow the society to shape you at times you will die a miserable person. Not all things cultural are beneficial.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by eyennyin: 8:31am On Nov 23, 2011
@OP, why do girls always like to sit back and let guys do all the talking? Pretty dumb. The guy is supposed to spend on you, talk to you, impress you, love you, etc, etc, What do the girls bring to the table aside a fine face (for those that are fine o)? Pray tell, I get peeps hitting me up on calls and chats all the time and going silent after saying hello (expecting me to gist them, i think say na u first buzz me?) or a girl just sitting lamely b4 you seeming to say 'oya gist me'. You no get mouth? I tire o!

ur spot on!
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Orikinla(m): 8:38am On Nov 23, 2011
Poster, you're right. The majority of Nigerian guys use money to entice and impress girls to date them and later marry them. Because in most cases that is what  the majority of Nigerian girlfriends expect since they hawk themselves as sex objects.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Basildon1(m): 10:20am On Nov 23, 2011
@ Pendo89, here's all i have to say , there's a deep culture of male/female bashing on this forum BUT so far so good, there does not seem to be a lot of females rallying to your side on this one. Does that not say something - the suspicious absence of female comments to support your viewpoint about impressing a girl WITHOUT spending.  wink
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by guycraze: 10:25am On Nov 23, 2011
Hi ,pendo nice write up there, but please what part of d world r u from

thought u r from Nigeria
I,ve always sense this intelligence in u. kiss

do u mind to tell me were u r from?
grin
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Nayah(f): 10:26am On Nov 23, 2011
Basildon1:

@ Pendo89, here's all i have to say , there's a deep culture of male/female bashing on this forum BUT so far so good, there does not seem to be a lot of females rallying to your side on this one. Does that not say something - the suspicious absence of female comments to support your viewpoint about impressing a girl WITHOUT spending.  wink

Baslibon the fact not all NL female didn't reply doesn't mean she's wrong, since each time people talking about Nigerian women as goldiggers and so on the same replies appear, it's just that this question has been viewed and reviewed so many times, as for me liabilities are shared as I told
My favorite kenyan Pendo lot of kisses anyway wink kiss kiss kiss
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by jaybee3(m): 10:31am On Nov 23, 2011
@Nayah
Can i impress you without spending wink wink wink wink
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Adaeze003(f): 10:32am On Nov 23, 2011
hmm
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by guycraze: 10:34am On Nov 23, 2011
@MAKEBOY. lol that was really funny grin
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Adaeze003(f): 10:38am On Nov 23, 2011
I personally love guys who are smart, honest, enthusiastic and comfortable in their own skin. That said paying for dates is all on him! I think that guys who flash their wallets for gals want s*x in return while gals that are over demanding feel like they deserve it <money for s*x>. It just depends on the girl.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Nayah(f): 10:46am On Nov 23, 2011
jay bee:

@Nayah
Can i impress you without spending  wink wink wink wink
lol Jay bee if you really want to impress me it's not jewels or whatever restaurant which will make me love you, sincerly

Adaeze003:

I personally love guys who are smart, honest, enthusiastic and comfortable in their own skin. That said paying for dates is all on him! I think that guys who flash their wallets for gals want s*x in return while gals that are over demanding feel like they deserve it <money for s*x>. It just depends on the girl.
I agree and from the lady's reaction then you'll see the type of relationship
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by jaybee3(m): 11:00am On Nov 23, 2011
Nayah:

lol Jay bee if you really want to impress me it's not jewels or whatever restaurant which will make me love you, sincerly

Why don't you just make my job easier by going ahead to tell me what a guy needs to do to have Nayah by his side cheesy
What makes Nayah weak?
We wanna learn

PS: We want specifics or case scenarios

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What's With Men And Their 'Cheating Nature'? / 45 Things A Girl Must Know About Guys....TRUE OR FALSE? / S£xcapade Gone Wrong…(18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.