Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,906 members, 7,806,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi (7039 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance / Portsmouth To Punish Nwankwo Kanu For Continued Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by harmeenut: 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2011
Mikel Disappointed Me —Keshi 

Stephen Keshi
Chief Coach of the Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi, has said that he was so sad with John Mikel Obi for failing to play for Nigeria in the recent international friendly matches against Botswana and Zambia but could feature for Chelsea less than a week in their Premier League game yesterday.
Mikel was left out of the two friendly ties after he complained of injury. The coach warned he would see whether Mikel would play against Liverpool in the Premier League yesterday and Mikel, with no sign of injury, featured in the tie in which Chelsea lost 1-2 at Stamford Bridge.
Speaking early today, Keshi said he was shocked to see Mikel play for Chelsea. He said though he won’t sanction the player from the senior national team, he would note his disloyalty to him.
“To be honest, I was disappointed that Mikel could play for his club against Liverpool, but I am not going to sanction him from Eagles. We don’t need to blow the issue of Mikel out of proportion. A lot of Nigerians want me to discipline him, instead of that, I will give him more chance to play for Eagles and an opportunity to correct himself,” he said.
The Eagles’ handler said he will not allow Mikel’s issue to distract him from the task ahead, adding that his immediate plan now is to bring Nigerian football back on track after the Eagles failed to qualify for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations.
Meanwhile, Keshi, has expressed readiness to recall Blackburn Rovers’ player, Yakubu Aiyegbeni and FC Montpellier’s striker, John Utaka, to the Eagles, saying the team would need their experience.
Keshi said he was not surprised at the players’ recent form as they have the quality to play for any team in the world. Keshi said their recall back to the Eagles should be a challenge for them and an opportunity to let the younger players learn from them
“Utaka and Aiyegbeni are good, outstanding and experienced players that the Eagles need now in our bid to get the team back to the winning way. We need to balance this team by playing experienced players with the young ones. And I’m sure that their return to the Eagles would be a challenge to them to prove their worth again,” he said

culled from:
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/11/21/mikel-disappointed-me-%e2%80%94keshi/
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by Seunbal: 7:24pm On Nov 21, 2011
Probably the difference between Keshi & Siasia as Sia1 will not take such issue very lightly.
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by honeric01(m): 8:53pm On Nov 21, 2011
Keshi, you dey craze? first na yakubu and john utaka u wan call, now mikel again, do you actually want to build a team or you want to patch a team?
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by harmeenut: 9:14am On Nov 22, 2011
@ honeric01, I tire o.
come to think of it, if Super eagle is a company belonging to Keshi and a staff of his claims he's not coming to work because of headache and you now see the same staff participating in an another energy-sapping event, would he still retain such staff?
as far as the national team is concerned, I don't think anybody is indispensable
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by Seunbal: 9:22am On Nov 22, 2011
keshi is trying to show the public that he's different to Siasia when it comes to discipline but I think he's as well digging his own grave as issue like and the way you handle it gives room to other members of the team to think that he can do same and still have his way. I wont be surprised if for example, Osaze follows suit.
Keshi should watch it. The guys have proved with many incidents in that past that they are not not be handle with kids gloves. Can Mikel tells Chelsea he is not fit to play and travel to Nigeria to play?
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by godman01(m): 10:34am On Nov 22, 2011
Couldn't he have been injured, remember he was withdrawn before the second half started.
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 22, 2011
keshi only wants to be seen as ''different'' notin more. He is no better coach!
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by 1025: 10:40am On Nov 22, 2011
nigerians are very mad ppl and the situation in the country reflects how we are. in a country of over 180 million ppl, just a single individual is our problem and this same individual does not base in nigeria neither does he have anything to do with our mineral resources and security system.
until we learn to leave mikel alone and face our problems, we will not get to where we are going.
how many of us here went to kaduna to watch the game? if na ur brother or father, will u let him go and play in the boko haram infested area?
what will nigerians offer mikel's family if anything happens to him while serving a useless country like nigeria? where is sam okwaraji and his family in the history of nigeria today? why did our number 1 citizen refuse show up at eagle square on the day of indepence anniversary? if all of us here have lost our sense, let us be reminded that if jonathan could fear boko haram, mikel will be an idiot to dear them.
na all of una dey praise siasia until he destroyed himself in the name of discipline and today u are unable to protect siasia. how far about the us$5k? make una go hug transformer.
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by Adjunct: 10:45am On Nov 22, 2011
Mikel was injured & explained to Siasia dat artificial turf would only aggravate d injury, he played in Chelsea on Sunday wt painkiller & was still not fit enough to end d game.
I dont know y dey wudnt leave dat lad alone, they expect so much 4rm him & yet, says he isnt a good player, mtcheew!
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by omo9ja1(m): 11:09am On Nov 22, 2011
Who is Mikel Obi?
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by UyiIredia(m): 11:27am On Nov 22, 2011
Then prepare to reap the consequences - Indiscipline.
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by sebastinta(m): 11:28am On Nov 22, 2011
he is beta in nig dan Chelsea
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by honeric01(m): 11:28am On Nov 22, 2011
Adjunct:

Mikel was injured & explained to Siasia dat artificial turf would only aggravate d injury,  he played in Chelsea on Sunday wt painkiller & was still not fit enough to end d game.
I dont know y dey wudnt leave dat lad alone, they expect so much 4rm him & yet, says he isnt a good player, mtcheew!

And he couldn't explain to AVB too? he had to take painkillers to play for Chelsea and not Nigeria? anyways i know the coach is there to do his job, we're watching sha.
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by azahmed(m): 11:37am On Nov 22, 2011
abeg we don't need guy in eagles anymore
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by Okijajuju1(m): 11:45am On Nov 22, 2011
First he allows insolent and rubbish Mikel go scot free.

Then he has plans of returning Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Utaka John to the National Team!!

Who is next? Efetobore Sodje, Opabunmi, Nwaneri, Olofijana and co.

Im sorry but Stephen Keshi will fail us worse than Phillippe Troussier and Bora Milutinovic
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by Baawaa(m): 11:51am On Nov 22, 2011
NFF can now see that they had failed!!Keshi want to be a good man to be fail!
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by expert555: 11:52am On Nov 22, 2011
What is the point of bringing someone to place where his heart is somewhere else. The money is being paid by Chelsea is beyond his widest dreams. More importantly he is the main reason Nigeria is of not doing well in international matches. He is no way near the league of Thompson Oliha nor Okocha. He can't pass the ball forward he can not make all those slick passes Nigeria mid feeders are known for. When he receive the ball he quickly make a safe pass backwards. Ho does not have any confidence whatsoever. The earlier Keshi knows this the better the chance of him succeeding.
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by sebastinta(m): 11:52am On Nov 22, 2011
azahmed:

abeg we don't need guy in eagles anymore

any beta option? we need every1 of em
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by lagos26: 11:55am On Nov 22, 2011
Keshi is only been diplomatic. We know him and, understand the game. The only
person that will have have his fingers burnt is MIKEL!!!!!!
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by snj: 11:59am On Nov 22, 2011
I agreed that Keshi is trying 2 show nigerians that he`s different from siaone. But the truth is that, the great lesson he learnt was not 2 show his real intension 2 the public, hence the media will expand it and in the end make him sink for it. The media and the general public praised siasia for being a disciplinarian based on his open reactions, which got into his head and led him like a sheep to the slaughter slab. The big boss is not a rubbish taking fellow, sure he has his plans. Lets just keep watching, only time will tell. But mikel should remember, that this country is too big for anyone to toy around.
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by harmeenut: 12:03pm On Nov 22, 2011
@ Okija_juju, you una no go kill person with laughter. I almost forgot such names ever existed in Nigeria. Efotob-what?

D Keshi I know will still adopt Siasia's approach to Indiscipline. He's only bidding his time so as not to get into the consciousness of Nigerians so quickly on the same issue people are blaming Siasia for now. If I remember very well, he had the same issue of indiscipline with Adebayor at Togo and he didn't tolerate it. So I don't think he will do the opposite in Nigeria. He' only avoiding a situation where soccer-loving Nigerians will start screaming "keshi U sef don come with high-handedness like Siaone"
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by Arabambi1: 12:26pm On Nov 22, 2011
Posted by: godman01

Couldn't he have been injured, remember he was withdrawn before the second half started.

He wasn't substituted becos of injury but because of his performance on the field. There were other options for AVB if Mikel couldn't play. Mikel was only trying to warm his ways into AVB's heart just like all average players do with a new coach so as to feature in the coach's plan. Becos a very good player will only be neglected at his own peril for no good reason by a coach. So having known that he's not in that league of Lampard, Mata etc, he believes staying behind will help him achieve first team status but that should not be at the detriment of your National team that launched you into fame & popularity
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by Ihengote: 12:29pm On Nov 22, 2011
omo9ja1:

Who is Mikel Obi?

Honestly, who is he?
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by kazman7(m): 12:47pm On Nov 22, 2011
Mikel na kpotoki player,baaaaaaaaaa lakaye,pompous jugunu,over-rated player,, some blue i, iots are making silly excuses on behalf of the guy as if he is the only player that will play in kaduna,, without Nigeria the fo.ol wouldnt have been where he is in chelsea today
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2011
lagos26:

Keshi is only been diplomatic. We know him and, understand the game. The only
person that will have have his fingers burnt is MIKEL!!!!!!
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by okeyazu: 1:21pm On Nov 22, 2011
Pls who in the world is Mikel what is he playing i dont know why we should depend on him, since he has being playing in nigeria he has not contributed anything good, keshi remember how westerhop picked you uche okechukwu and others your name in football today is good because of westerhop, pls we still have better player today in the country than those abroad, why calling aiyegbeni, utaka and mikel pls forget them
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by Olalekan0(m): 1:22pm On Nov 22, 2011
Mikel obi holds the golden boot for the most over-rated and indisciplined Nigerian soccer player of all time.When will successive eagles coaches leave mikel alone? The guy has overtime proven he's not interested in lacing his boots for the country,check how many caps he's had for Nigeria ever since he turned pro.

All he desires is money and parties which chelsea FC and the city of London satisfactorily provides him with.

The problem plagueing our football in recent times is no longer the administrators as anyone with an unbiased mind-set will observe that the NFF are gradually getting their acts together,this,they clearly demonstrated by the autonomy and enabling environment given to Siasia, Neither are our coaches the problem,bring Cappelo,Felippe Scolari,Otto Rehaggel,Del Bosque,Errikkson,Jacquim lowe and i bet you,none will succeed.

Where the problem lies is our players' lack of crave for excellence,Majority of them aren't interested in winning laurels,all they care about is to escape poverty,and now that they've achieved that they want time to relish their wealth that explains why anytime the european clubs are on recess,Nigerian players never want to lace their boots!
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by teskyg: 1:28pm On Nov 22, 2011
Please leave Mikel alone.We have seen so many injured ex-footballs abandon by  NFF. Please ask Okwaraji family.Bostwana and Zambia na bone breaker oh.

Keshi cant do shit to Mikel.They are the Mafia.Have we for gotten the days of Daniel Amokachi and Austin Okocha.Even in England we have Mafias(Capelo cant touch  Lampard Terry and Rooney.It is everywhere , Most of us complaining are simply jealous, and are mostly Arsenal and Man U fans,

We watched the world cup without him, and we saw Keita who replaced him played so well that we won the world cup, We are quick to criticize him and i am also sure that many of here had made attempts to play football in our early days.Why did we quit if it was easy?
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by yuzedo: 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
Oh yesh! Keshi haff sttart to fu.uk up noni! Ban the marrafackerr I say! Wetin the Mikel sef dey play? I never see natin wey d nigg@ dey do. . . Abeg consign d nigg@ to playing ludo in Burundi!
. . . Btw, why can't NFA or worreva hire Westerhof for the L♥√ع of Godt abeg?!
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by yuzedo: 1:39pm On Nov 22, 2011
Ehen, btw sef, shebi if u don't meet up to a certain amount of international caps, u won't be eligible for visa renewal/work permit to play in england.? So why are these marrafackers indulging these indolent ingrates?? Don't field d nigg@ Mikel in any international fixture, when he stops earning caps and can't meet up to his paper requirements, Lobi stars will buy him and pay him $10m a week! ;-D
Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by Mcleo007(m): 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2011
yuzedo:

Ehen, btw sef, shebi if u don't meet up to a certain amount of international caps, u won't be eligible for visa renewal/work permit to play in england.? So why are these marrafackers indulging these indolent ingrates?? Don't field d nigg@ Mikel in any international fixture, when he stops earning caps and can't meet up to his paper requirements, Lobi stars will buy him and pay him $10m a week! ;-D

You harsh ooooo!

omo9ja1:

Who is Mikel Obi?

He's the dude that sang the hit track, "Liverpool knack Chelsea apkako for head" grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi by namdo(m): 2:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
Keshi is not stup*d. My advise for him is to gradually look for replacements for all these 'big' boys keeping our football down the tunnel of failure.
We have many good footballers waiting to shine. Keshi pls find them and groom them to limelight abeg. sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Copa America 2007 / Win With My Accurate Weekend Predictions / Road to World Cup 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.