Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! (5407 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) / Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall / Nnamdi Oduamadi Gets Milan Recall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by Babamide(m): 8:37pm On Nov 22, 2011
I cannot say i agree with Keshi on recalling this players back to the team. Granted we need to build a new team with more of home based player. The world's best teams pick players from their local leagues- spain, germany, england, italy, brazil and even egypt. But in building this team, we should merge them with a few foreign based players who are loyal to the team. The few foreign based should be invited based solely on their performance in their respective clubs. Yakubu is hot right now for blackburn rovers and i think he worths a recall but he should not be looking at featuring in the 2013 nations cup
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 22, 2011
Why yakubu and utaka how old is utaka sef i known national team call up is base on merit and yakubu is on fine form don't no about utaka but keshi knowns that age is catching up with dis guys, we need a young team 4 2014 world cup
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by yewawa: 9:55pm On Nov 22, 2011
The beginning of failure, no wonder yakubu was calling for SIASIA s sack,i knew it ,yes my spirit told me the MAFIANS were behind SIASIA s sack.You were told to build a new team and all you can think of is to call back players that should be left alone.Old mafian Keshi.think keshi,check our local league and bring out another finidi,amokach,ben iroha,isaac semitoje,amunike and stop this game.they are thereeeee keshi. pls build a new team like that of Ghana and stop inviting players that will cause confussion .KESHI LEAVE YAKUBU AND UTAKA ALONE.SIA one may God be with you, the fact that you showed up at keshi s unveiling make me to admire you the more, GOD BLESS YOU AND GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by fxtopedia(m): 10:15pm On Nov 22, 2011
Time will tell,but I don't expect these oldies to be in the team.
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 22, 2011
Not sure about Utaka,but Yakubu will always score goals.
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by maclatunji: 12:10am On Nov 23, 2011
Obviously, Keshi feels he can bring out the best in these players. Yakubu is a lot more intelligent on the field than we give him credit for. Let us see what they can achieve. There was a time Kalu Uche was playing in China and some backward places in terms of football. Now, he is a respected Super Eagles player with a club in Switzerland having left Spain.

With the right attitude and coaching these two can make a difference. Pablo Aimar showed that for Benfica tonight as well.
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by romero(m): 3:58am On Nov 23, 2011
We NIgerian Football Fans (NFF) are our football problems. We clamoured for Siasia, but wat hapd, we fired him. We don't no what we want. We called our experienced players who gave us nations cup and world cup tickets ''tired leg''. However, the 'moving, young or lively legs couldn't give us nations cup. Wt do we realy want sef? Personal advse: let's leave Keshy to do the job. Obsvation: which creative midfielder will give the striker ball in our team. We no longer have a playmaker. This is exposing our defence a lot. This is the same problem Chelsea FC was having and partially still having despite Martas presence. Attack is the best form of defence. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by mensdept: 5:54am On Nov 23, 2011
maclatunji:

Obviously, Keshi feels he can bring out the best in these players. Yakubu is a lot more intelligent on the field than we give him credit for. Let us see what they can achieve. There was a time Kalu Uche was playing in China and some backward places in terms of football. Now, he is a respected Super Eagles player with a club in Switzerland having left Spain.

With the right attitude and coaching these two can make a difference. Pablo Aimar showed that for Benfica tonight as well.

Nonsense. You guys are so colonized that you accept, eat, and bath in mediocracy. "Lets see what he can achieve", LOL.

Kalu Uche, please.

We have no team, and pretty much no country in comparison to Ghana, US, and your CHINA
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by kjhova(m): 7:45am On Nov 23, 2011
@mens dept, if you tried to refute @maclatunji's points, you made a complete mess of it! "you guys are so colonized , mediocracy"?!? What has that statement got to do with anything being discussed on this thread dude?

And for all the guys clamouring for homebased players, I put you down as hypocritical if you do not attend NPL matches every weekend. My darling Enyimba lost the FA Cup final to Heartland FC on Sept 25th at the Teslim Balogun Stadium here in Lagos. We didn't see many fans there. Infact they were at their neighborhood viewing centres watching the Yak score against Arsenal or so!

In that game, I and my guys identified Valentine Nwabili, Uche Kalu, Bath Ibenegbu as potential Eagles amongst others. Keshi will look in the direction of some of them soon. Don't forget he gave Jude Aneke his first call up to the national team. If the boss feels the Yak could be useful to him in the interim, I see no reason why he shouldn't recall him if the guys form is right. It amounts to sentiment (as per his WC 2010 flop) to deny he is relatively hot right now. Unless "sentiment2 has been redefined by @Andyanders.
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by kjhova(m): 8:11am On Nov 23, 2011
One big problem Keshi will face in selecting players from the NPL is the heigth to which age cheating has been taken in the league.
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by Okijajuju1(m): 8:24am On Nov 23, 2011
In the words of Nigerias legendary former President, I dey Laugh!
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by maclatunji: 9:05am On Nov 23, 2011
mens dept:

Nonsense. You guys are so colonized that you accept, eat, and bath in mediocracy. "Lets see what he can achieve", LOL.

Kalu Uche, please.

We have no team, and pretty much no country in comparison to Ghana, US, and your CHINA

Okay, may be we should all move-out of the country and leave Nigeria for flora and fauna.
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by kjhova(m): 9:52am On Nov 23, 2011
@Okosodo, go ahead and shoot him in the head then. And say you have done right in the eyes of whatever god you worship.
Mind you, the opportunity to comment on the internet is premised on the fact that someone carried you in the womb for 9 months, some people took care to educate you and someone else bothered to employ and pay you enough to afford this. Let your comment assure us that these people did not waste their time!
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by abiamahart: 10:13am On Nov 23, 2011
With this foul move Keshi bags first Yellow Card tongue
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by Okijajuju1(m): 10:28am On Nov 23, 2011
kj_hova:

@Okosodo, go ahead and shoot him in the head then. And say you have done right in the eyes of whatever god you worship.
Mind you, the opportunity to comment on the internet is premised on the fact that someone carried you in the womb for 9 months, some people took care to educate you and someone else bothered to employ and pay you enough to afford this. Let your comment assure us that these people did not waste their time!

Dude!!

Is your coochie bleeding or is this PMS you are exhibiting!!

The dude simply spoke his mind and you fly of on that long essay in which you said nothing!!

Bros cool down o!! Many people havent forgiven Yakubu for his worldcup blunder.

I can only laugh about him because he made me money!
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by kjhova(m): 10:40am On Nov 23, 2011
One word for you @Okija;
To err is human, to forgive divine. And about my coochie, naa its intact. Just don't think it's man enough for the bloke to suggest death to the Yak if he isn't ready to pull the trigger and then take the sentence "life without the option of parole"!
My general line of thought.
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by 3kay945(m): 11:08am On Nov 23, 2011
Right after the last general election i know that nigeria is a CONFUSED country., i never knew it has gotten this far. YAKUBU?
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by tulk2mi: 11:31am On Nov 23, 2011
am sure siasia n amodu shuaibu would be warming up cos keshi's failure would outshine their's n wit 9ja recycling mentality they would be likely candidates to replace him.
Just as Demeji Bankole would still hope to be d senate president 1 day in 9ja

Why dont we just recall d USA94 squad am sure their experience would benefit the team.

We should learn to look forward, those that have served have done their best already, they can not do more than their best.
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by Ossaifamous(m): 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2011
Well well I expected this long ago he is the best we have in terms of goal scoring records
this shows Steven knows what  he is doing
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by McAdem: 5:06pm On Nov 23, 2011
If bringing back [b]UTAKA and[i] YAKUBU[/i] is what keshi means by building a team,definitely he has set up his grave career-wise.[/b]
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 23, 2011
Keshi have started on a wrong foundation. What has Yak and Utaka got to offer that we cant get from young players who are thirsty for success and will wear the green and white jersey with pride. This players have seen it all, infact they are tired legs.
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by mensdept: 2:43am On Nov 24, 2011
Francis Diote:

Keshi have started on a wrong foundation. What has Yak and Utaka got to offer that we cant get from young players who are thirsty for success and will wear the green and white jersey with pride. This players have seen it all, infact they are tired legs.

In fact they are expired legs. We always have to recycle useless folks in Naija.
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by mensdept: 2:49am On Nov 24, 2011
kj_hova:

@mens dept, if you tried to refute @maclatunji's points, you made a complete mess of it! "you guys are so colonized , mediocracy"?!? What has that statement got to do with anything being discussed on this thread dude?

And for all the guys clamouring for homebased players, I put you down as hypocritical if you do not attend NPL matches every weekend. My darling Enyimba lost the FA Cup final to Heartland FC on Sept 25th at the Teslim Balogun Stadium here in Lagos. We didn't see many fans there. Infact they were at their neighborhood viewing centres watching the Yak score against Arsenal or so!

In that game, I and my guys identified Valentine Nwabili, Uche Kalu, Bath Ibenegbu as potential Eagles amongst others. Keshi will look in the direction of some of them soon. Don't forget he gave Jude Aneke his first call up to the national team. If the boss feels the Yak could be useful to him in the interim, I see no reason why he shouldn't recall him if the guys form is right. It amounts to sentiment (as per his WC 2010 flop) to deny he is relatively hot right now. Unless "sentiment2 has been redefined by @Andyanders.

Mr. Man, Yak is wak. Have you been on this thread in the last year? Bring back Yak, Keita, even Buhari for office in 2015 when he toppled a govt in 1983 LOL. ANd you wonder why our country and team are declining year after year, day after day.
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by semid4lyfe(m): 9:34am On Nov 25, 2011
ibime:
You must have forgotten pregnant Yakubu's performance in Ghana 2008, compounded by his poor showing in the qualifiers and abysmal performance in the World Cup.

Yakubu has been a spent force since more than 3 years ago.

Even Leicester fans complain about his "laziness" not knowing it's old age.

At this moment, there is no way Yak should be considered whilst Emenike is popping hattricks in Russia, Odemwingie is top scoring in the EPL and Ideye Brown is popping every other game for Dynamo Kiev.

I couldn't agree more.

We aren't lacking strikers so why is Keshi recalling Fatkubu? I'll rather he gives uncapped players like Michael Uchebo, Anthony Ujah, Kim Ojo, John Chibuike, Osarimen Ebagua, Simon Zenke etc a chance than the old, dead & rotten log of wood called Yakubu.
Re: Yakubu, Utaka Earn Super Eagles Recall! by Funkymallam(m): 6:47pm On Nov 26, 2011
And goal.com rated him d FLOP of d match today against stoke!
Keshi pls invite Yekini, he has a beta record. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist / Merrybet Bet Slip / Serena Williams Wins Her 15th Grand Slam At The 2012 US Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.