Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,194 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist (9545 Views)

Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction / How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? / It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by Slyr0x: 10:12am On Nov 22, 2011
Alyse Baddley, 21, hadn’t spent quality time with her husband, Kyle, in quite a while. Kyle was too engrossed in his game of “Modern Warfare” to notice. So Alyse cooked up a scheme to put the 22-year-old in his place: by selling him on Craigslist.

Alyse, frustrated by her husband’s unresponsive behavior, told her mother-in-law, “I’m going to sell your son on Craigslist.”

‘”She said, ‘Oh do it!” Alyse recalled in an interview with ABCNews.com.

So the two composed a message on the Logan, Utah, site offering to trade Kyle to a “good home.”

According to the advertisement, Kyle “enjoys eating and playing video games all day.” And he’s “easy to maintain, just feed and water every 3-5 hours,” the ad advised.

The bidder “must have Internet and space for gaming.” However, the Craigslist post noted, if “an acceptable replacement” was offered, Alyse would be willing to trade husbands with someone.

Alyse was surprised to receive a number for responses, mainly humorous messages from amused readers.

One woman offered to train Kyle and give him back. Another respondent, a man, wrote that he was already house-trained and would love to trade himself for Kyle, adding that he preferred reading books to playing video games.

But a few readers evidently took the ad more seriously, writing to Alyse that they were concerned about her relationship with Kyle.

Kyle’s father, Scott Baddley, said he sees no cause for concern. Kyle is not devoting as much time to “Modern Warfare” now, he said. In fact, the couple is on the way to Florida to spend Thanksgiving with Kyle’s sister.

Alyse and Kyle married in 2010, right before Kyle headed for Afghanistan to complete his military service.

“The ad was all just a joke, and I love my husband and he loves me,” Alyse said. “I didn’t ever think anyone would reply to this, but it’s gotten so much attention, which is kind of cool.”

Below, the full post:

“I am selling my 22 year old husband. He enjoys eating and playing video games all day. Easy to maintain, just feed and water every 3-5 hours. You must have Internet and space for gaming. Got tired of waiting so free to good home. If acceptable replacement is offered will trade.”

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/gamer-husband-auctioned-off-craigslist-175236059.html
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 22, 2011
Saw that on CNN few hours ago grin
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by Slyr0x: 12:14pm On Nov 22, 2011
grin grin. .Very funny story. .
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by paniki(m): 12:17pm On Nov 22, 2011
hahahahaha
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by chuckdee4(m): 12:25pm On Nov 22, 2011
This is what 22 yr olds do, not getting married. What else was she expecting from a boy who doesn't know his left from right.
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by executinal(m): 12:41pm On Nov 22, 2011
grin grin grin
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by tpbehappy(m): 12:51pm On Nov 22, 2011
I don't knw why this should make the home page. Seun what is Nairaland turning to. There are some topics that should not make it to the home page. Please correct this.
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 22, 2011
I have always believe that guys should not get married until they are 30 and above. The truth is is you look at most failed marriages you would noticed that the male partner usually enter such marriage before they are 30. The implication is that at that young age mentally girls are more matured than male. What does she expect from a boy of that age if not phuck and lazy around video games all day, while his mommy(wife) goes around picking his dirty clothes from every corner of the food and also feeding and watering him.
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by Natasha2(f): 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2011
^^It is your believe maturity doesn't always come from age, its of the mind, Its because of the way our system is, before you finish the uni and find a good job , get a comfortable home and all that, I think age will definitely have to pass that's why you see guys getting married when they are 30 and above, they want to be made, its not easy to raise a home, though others feel they are too young and its a time or them to have fun.
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 22, 2011
:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by brainpulse: 1:12pm On Nov 22, 2011
then sell off her jewelries, shoes and bags
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by UyiIredia(m): 1:16pm On Nov 22, 2011
Really ! This is a home-page thread !
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by tolahood9(m): 1:18pm On Nov 22, 2011
this is nonsense!
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2011
Funny story
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by muyoto: 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2011
unbeliavble!! grin grin
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by Baawaa(m): 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2011
kilomode mo!!!
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2011
chuckdee4:

This is what 22 yr olds do, not getting married. What else was she expecting from a boy who doesn't know his left from right.

22yr old boy you say mmh. at 23 I had a finished my education, had a job and a place of my own and I achieved all this not in abroad but here in Lagos, Nigeria.
Am in my early 30S and still can't understand why people of my own age bracket still act and behave like spoilt teenagers and am sick to my ears with older colleagues assuming am still a young boy and so pass off juicy offerings to themselves. You would think this is restricted to spoilt rich brats but these days I encounter 27yr olds from poor backgrounds who still assume they are boys cos they are still seeking university placements.
Even our newspapers have the same impression. I can't even count how many times I have seen captions like this: 29yr old boy rapes girl.
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by Mcleo007(m): 1:51pm On Nov 22, 2011
Funny!

Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by eghost247(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2011
funny
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by Emmyk(m): 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2011
Rotfl
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by Finecat(m): 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2011
What is so funny in this Non-sense?? White boy and white girl doing what they do (Being Ridiculous and Goofy) and we all thought this is funny and made headlines?? This is absolutely Non-sense.
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by WhyAWhy(m): 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2011
Finecat:

What is so funny in this Non-sense?? White boy and white girl doing what they do (Being Ridiculous and Goofy) and we all thought this is funny and made headlines?? This is absolutely Non-sense.

c'mon lighten up a bit, this is just for laughs
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by alex406(m): 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2011
Mumucious oyinbos.
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by sebastinta(m): 3:48pm On Nov 22, 2011
Tobi_dad:

22yr old boy you say mmh. at 23 I had a finished my education, had a job and a place of my own and I achieved all this not in abroad but here in Lagos, Nigeria.
Am in my early 30S and still can't understand why people of my own age bracket still act and behave like spoilt teenagers and am sick to my ears with older colleagues assuming am still a young boy and so pass off juicy offerings to themselves. You would think this is restricted to spoilt rich brats but these days I encounter 27yr olds from poor backgrounds who still assume they are boys cos they are still seeking university placements.
Even our newspapers have the same impression. I can't even count how many times I have seen captions like this: 29yr old boy Desecrates girl.

playing games doesnt make u a spoilt brat (as long as u aint an addict), games is nt only meant for teenager but for adults too, esp programmers like me, it helps expand ur brains, blive it or nt.
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by HighChief4(m): 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2011
This is so funny cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by eros(m): 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2011
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by maclatunji: 4:46pm On Nov 22, 2011
Tobi_dad:

Even our newspapers have the same impression. I can't even count how many times I have seen captions like this: 29yr old boy Desecrates girl.

Take it easy sir. You are the man already  grin . However, as you grow older, you will see that there are somethings about you that are still boyish. The boy in me never really grew-up, he just got smarter, had physiological and anatomical changes.
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by medoski(m): 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2011
@tpbehappy

Could you believe I wrote a book about Internet security and begged seun to make the post frontpage but he refuse. You see the kind of attitude that is slowing us down as a nation.
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by Sike(m): 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2011
Funny thread!
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 23, 2011
chuckdee4:

22 yr olds play video games? Is that right undecided
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by lilkech(m): 10:31am On Nov 23, 2011
Ujujoan:

IM ABSOLUTELY SET ON PLAYING VIDEO GAMES WITH MY GREAT GRAND CHILDREN , BY THE GRACE OF GOD
Re: Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist by HighChief4(m): 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2011
Ujujoan:

Ujujoan, been long I saw your posts, hope you are kool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Car Racing Game On Ps3 ;midnighclub Losangeles / Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians / Need Ul.cfg File For Ps2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.