Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,024 members, 7,799,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Are There Female Angels - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Female Angels (2539 Views)

Are There Female Angels? / Are There Female Angels In Heaven? / Are There Female Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Female Angels by Chuksaluta(m): 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2011
i know of angel gabriel, michael, raphael. One thing common is that they are all male. If you know of any female angel do share it with me (not your gf or wife)
Re: Are There Female Angels by Mcleo007(m): 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2011
There is Angel Gabriella. cool

Re: Are There Female Angels by emofine(f): 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2011
Good question. I used to contemplate such myself due to various reasons smiley
Re: Are There Female Angels by bekay911(f): 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2011
Seems u ve been watching AXE advert alot des days
Re: Are There Female Angels by Joagbaje(m): 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2011
There are no female angels and there are no baby angels
Re: Are There Female Angels by JeSoul(f): 5:08pm On Nov 22, 2011
Any takers for the consideration that angels are neither male nor female - especially not as we humans understand, identify & categorize gender differences?
Re: Are There Female Angels by Image123(m): 5:43pm On Nov 22, 2011
The angels are referred to as 'he' in the Bible, isn't it? Remember The purpose for creating females.
Re: Are There Female Angels by JeSoul(f): 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2011
^The same way God is refered to as a "he" - yet male & female are both pieces of a reflection of God - both are made in His image.

The purpose of creating females is the same as males - both to glorify God with their existence.
Re: Are There Female Angels by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:52pm On Nov 22, 2011
Angels are men. A woman is a man with a womb, hence wo-man, that is, womb man. Angels don't need a womb and that's why we don't hear of women angels. They neither marry or are given in marriage.
Re: Are There Female Angels by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 22, 2011
Google "Anunnaki" and find out.
Re: Are There Female Angels by emofine(f): 8:29pm On Nov 22, 2011
JeSoul:

Any takers for the consideration that angels are neither male nor female - especially not as we humans understand, identify & categorize gender differences?

I had actually considered that once upon a time but wasn't there records of Nephillims? the product of Angels and women? undecided
Re: Are There Female Angels by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 22, 2011
Angels don't need thick thighs, b[i]oo[/i]bs, etc as they weren't made for child-birth.
Women are simply "men" (in that sense of the word) in highly-specialized bodies.

There are ofcourse mention of godesses etc, but these are just cross-dressing angels  grin
Appearances matter not and can be flipped at anytime.
Re: Are There Female Angels by JeSoul(f): 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2011
emofine:

I had actually considered that once upon a time but wasn't there records of Nephillims? the product of Angels and women? undecided
Yeah, there's plenty of debate as to what exactly those are.

Personally, as far as I can see biblically, there is no indication that angels have gender as we humans understand & apply the word gender. Unless someone here is privy to the details of the angelic anatomy? and that they are identical to ours? 'Male' words are frequently used in scripture (a male/masculine dominated time/society) interchangeably to refer to 'mankind' 'creation' and even God - because of course, we all know that God does not have a 'gender' as we humans understand the word gender.

The use of 'masculine' names to describe angels in scripture is nowhere enough reason to declare angels 'male' - male as we humans understand, identify & categorize the term. It would simply be easier and more biblically accurate to simply characterize angels - as angels - beings that defy our trivial categorizations of gender. Cheers.
Re: Are There Female Angels by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 22, 2011
It is generally disrespectful and enstranging to refer to something as "It". That is why "He" was widely used.
Re: Are There Female Angels by JeSoul(f): 9:06pm On Nov 22, 2011
^very true 2buff.
Re: Are There Female Angels by Chuksaluta(m): 10:55pm On Nov 22, 2011
2buff:

It is generally disrespectful and enstranging to refer to something as "It". That is why "He" was widely used.
but aside refering to angels as He they also bear male names
Re: Are There Female Angels by Daiquiri: 11:00pm On Nov 22, 2011
@ OP

There is no male or female in the Kingdom of Heaven

Here is a series of classic developments that leads back to the original.

This is the typical "but from the beginning it was not so . . ."

In the first place, there were no male or female to start with, and so it 'll be in the Kingdom of Heaven - It would have come full circle.

Procreation's shelf life would been due, it would have ran its course and served its purpose by then anyway

The expiration of procreation heralds the end of gender - the sêx of a person (i.e. the end of that inherent & visual difference that makes one male or female)

In the end, it's a case of one third of an “innumerable company of angels" vacated posts that's getting filled
Re: Are There Female Angels by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 22, 2011
Chuksaluta:

but aside refering to angels as He they also bear male names

Their names were alloted to them long before the concept of male or female names.

Besides, what is a female name? Humans simply came up with those for their own demarkation and some names were just as easily transformed as throwing an 'a' after the "male" names. E.g Gabriela
Re: Are There Female Angels by denzel2009: 11:07pm On Nov 22, 2011
angel hottima on nl.
Re: Are There Female Angels by mabell: 7:41pm On Nov 24, 2011
Galatians 3:28
28 There is [now no distinction] neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is not male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Re: Are There Female Angels by Horus(m): 10:03pm On Nov 24, 2011
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares (by surprise). – Hebrews 13:2

It literally says you may entertain an angel and not know it which implies that an angel can sit in front of you and you won’t even know. If angels are beings with wings and halos over their heads like religions portray them to be, then you should recognize an angel immediately. But, if an angel is a being that comes in the form of a human, then it is possible that you may not know that I am sitting with an angel. Again, these are all things within your scriptures that they try to hide and mistranslate so that you will not know what it really says.
Re: Are There Female Angels by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2011
there are nothing like angels
Re: Are There Female Angels by miftaudeen(m): 8:26am On Nov 25, 2011
they are non of the two. that is they're not men nor women,their creature is clearly different from us, they're created from light while men are created from clay. or can anyone give me reasonable evidence from good source that they are men?
Re: Are There Female Angels by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14am On Nov 25, 2011
Chuksaluta:

i know of angel gabriel, michael, raphael. One thing common is that they are all male. If you know of any female angel do share it with me (not your gf or wife)

One thing we are all taking forgranted is the fact that angels are spirit beings, not human men or women. The bible says that they are "Ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation" (Hebrews 1:14). It is only human beings that are men and women, spirit beings are neither men nor women but they have the ability to appear as human in the physical form. It doesn't seem like angels appeared as women in the Truth Book.
Re: Are There Female Angels by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 25, 2011
Because they know men are just too awesome.
Besides, they probably didn't want to get immediately proposed to and lusted after, cuz if they land as woman (dem fine) oh boy, see when boys for don dey toast dem  grin
Re: Are There Female Angels by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2011
Jokes aside, in one old testament vision, there was mention of some female angels.
Can't remember the exact one and who it involved.
Re: Are There Female Angels by tpia5: 4:17am On Nov 26, 2011
im not aware of any female angels.

there are ministering spirits however who might be neither male nor female.
Re: Are There Female Angels by Daiquiri: 9:01am On Nov 26, 2011
Chuksaluta:

i know of angel gabriel, michael, raphael.

One thing common is that they are all male.

If you know of any female angel do share it with me (not your gf or wife)

@Chuksaluta

shocked shocked shocked

Please support with proof(s) from the bible that angels are "male"

Provide evidence(s) using bible reference(s) to prove and show to be true that angels are "male"
Re: Are There Female Angels by Daiquiri: 9:53am On Nov 26, 2011
@Chuksaluta

OK, without needing to be confrontational

Gabriel, Michael, Raphael are not males names but names of angels

Angels altogether can be a different cattle of sheep (i.e. different kettle of fish)

Some angels have the appearance and form of man and could/may look male or female

Some angels are invisible to the nakêd eyes, though invisible their presence can be felt & voice heard

Some angels as at the gate of the garden of Eden are bright, shining and fiery

Some angels called cherubims have 4 faces (e.g. the face of a human being, the face of a lion, the face of an ox & also the face of an eagle)

and 4 wings

Some angels called seraphims are tall with 6 wings  . . .

The list goes on . . .

So, yes, angels in some cases do look like man or human beings, but no, they are neither male or female (i.e. there are no female angels)

As regards calling wives, girls etc angels research on ministering spirits and quickening spirits

Give feedback after the research on which you rather be
Re: Are There Female Angels by tpia5: 7:32pm On Nov 26, 2011
^there's no evidence in the bible indicating angels are female. You can post something to back up your claim and I'll examine it.

the first man was created male- the female was an extension or modification of the male.
Re: Are There Female Angels by tpia5: 7:49pm On Nov 26, 2011
ok, i stand corrected.

Zec 5:9 mentions some beings who are described as female.

but they are not called angels. This is significant because an angel was there explaining who they were.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheist Convention In Lagos? / Does God Really Exist? / Islamists In Libya Execute 16 Christians Who Refused To Convert To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.