Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,463 members, 7,897,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 12:03 AM

Set Boundaries - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Set Boundaries (74 Views)

Learn To Set Boundaries. / What Should My Friend Do If Her Boyfriend Keeps Crossing Physical Boundaries / The Elevation Church: Repositioning Women To Break Boundaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Set Boundaries by AdetoyeAyomikun: 4:57pm On May 18
SET BOUNDARIES.

A sentence I believed was overestimated, yes, I knew it existed, but I could easily say it for the weak.

Until I realized that it's far more than it is, let me tell you my story.

They call me prayer machine, they call me firetic, man of God, and many other names. I believed I have ascended and descended dimensions and realms.

I am one of the strongest in my school fellowship. They call me papa. If you are familiar with student fellowship, you will understand.

It happened that I became very close to a lady in our fellowship. I was not someone who interacted with girls, so people seeing me constantly with this girl drew eyes towards us, especially me.

People were whining, saying papa has entered a relationship. I denied it because she was just my friend. We became close, very close, to the extent that she could easily come to my apartment, and we talked and talked and discussed many things.

Others were already complaining that if she was not my girlfriend, then why the closeness? I refused to answer because nothing was going on.

But I witnessed inside of me a voice saying, you are becoming close, set boundaries. A friend of mine came to bear witness also that even though nothing is happening, we should set boundaries. Seeing each other every day to the extent that she is free to cook for you and stay long hours at your place.

I said nothing is wrong. What do they expect to happen? But on this fateful day, she called very late at night, saying that she was stranded, this, this, and that.

And without thinking about it, I said she should come over. She resisted at first, but I assured her. She spent the night, and we both woke up.

We continued our day. Though I informed my friend, and what he screamed was, don't you think this closeness is too much? Sleeping over, no doubt you are already liking this girl. Ask her out so you both can be in a relationship and measure boundaries, or cut off whatever is going on so the unexpected won't happen.

I said nothing will happen. He kept on saying I am not a spirit, I am flesh.

On Sunday, we both came back from church. That afternoon she decided to crash in my lodge. As usual, we were together in the room, playing until the unexpected happened. Can I explain it till now? I can't, but I knew something I did not expect happened.

We were all over ourselves, and it was thanks to her that we did not have sex. She had to stop me.

I could not believe it. She had to leave that moment, and I tell you that for 5 months, I lost contact with the person of the Holy Spirit.

That contact was lost. I prayed it's not happening. I still did fellowship stuff, but that contact was lost. I felt it.

I am glad mercy found me. I had to reduce my contact with her.

I don't know if someone is reading this and you know it's time for you to set boundaries. Don't relent, don't underestimate boundaries. Create that wall when necessary, please. 🙏

If you've not started, don't start. Know your boundary. State your relationship.

I don't know, maybe someone has been taken because they slacked one way or the other, and you've lost your contact with the Savior.

I come to tell you that the SPIRIT AND BRIDE SAY COME. HE IS CALLING YOUR NAME.

COME 😊

#tellastorywithadetoyeayomikun

Re: Set Boundaries by Babbyad: 5:35pm On May 18
5months? Does it take that much?

(1) (Reply)

The Mystery Of God. / Who Is Christ, The Son Of God? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.