Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,464 members, 7,897,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills (11531 Views)

Senate Adopts Direct Primaries for political parties in all elective positions / 450,000 Graduates To Get N30,000 Monthly Under Buhari’s Poverty Programme / Lawan Loses As Senate Adopts Open Secret Ballot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by blowjohn(m): 1:29pm On May 23
Good idea.

But expect the drugs epidemic to escalate.

The youths ain't ready.

Them go use the money buy drugs and weed.

And earrings.
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by keepitup11: 1:29pm On May 23
Better
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by dahmie2013: 1:29pm On May 23
Isn't that N-Power is about?
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by 1x2x3: 1:37pm On May 23
I firmly believe that our educational curriculum is in dire need of a thorough review. Astonishingly, 80% of students in tertiary institutions are engaged in studies that will become irrelevant by the time they graduate, resources and time are wasted. It is my considered opinion that after secondary education, it should be mandatory for students to dedicate two to three years to skill acquisition. Post this period of practical learning, they may then proceed to higher education institutions to further specialize in their chosen fields. This model not only allows students to finance their studies through part-time work, if desired, but also ensures that by the time they graduate, they are equipped with substantial work experience, making them highly employable or well-prepared to launch their own businesses. I am decidedly in favor of implementing this educational model for my children.

1 Like

Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 1:44pm On May 23
Scam
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by mokwechineme: 1:55pm On May 23
Naijadaily:
From Abuja, Kenneth Udeh

https://sunnewsonline.com/unemployed-graduates-to-get-paid-while-learning-skills-senate-bill/?amp

Useless government that can pay minimum wage is talking about paying unemployed graduates.
Avenue for more corruption
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by Ajehkpako4naija(f): 1:56pm On May 23
Iagos:
Good one.
don't rush to say good one, let it see the light of the day first. Mr Gullible
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by AskNgige2: 2:14pm On May 23
Evergreen4:
Their stipend no dey ever pass 30k. I know it will be 30k even it wasn't stated
Now that jobless Nigerians are doing tap tap tap from morning to night...

Na wetin government de cos be that
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by slivertongue: 2:22pm On May 23
assholemods:

Pessimist all over! Dem do problem Dem no do problem.

how many bills have impact Nigeria positively?
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by NSK4U(m): 2:29pm On May 23
After learning the skill nko?? Empowerment money suppose dey anything like this cos there are many graduates with good skills but lacking financial muscle to kick-start their own
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by simpleseyi: 2:32pm On May 23
slivertongue:
Another bill for the sake of bill making

This one no get sense
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by Callosobruchus(m): 2:33pm On May 23
What's the difference between this bill and N-power? The worst part of that N-power nonsense was the fact that you're not qualified if you're over 35 years of age.What crime have jobless graduates above 35 committed that they wouldn't equally be assisted?No be them even need am pass?Based on say dem don gain some years of experience for suffering after graduation.
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by AnambraPikinSel: 2:35pm On May 23
At least all these obi.dunce will have something to engage themselves with
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by tnerro1(m): 2:36pm On May 23
Dem no dey pay the ones wey Dey work, na the ones wey no dey work dem go pay?
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by PUNANI01: 2:50pm On May 23
Hahahahahahah! People like Hellanus wey dey under the roof of them papa wey still dey chop mama thank you go dey smile by now. Tueh on the skull of Hellanus!
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by integrity16(m): 2:52pm On May 23
Expect Ghost graduates in the system collecting stipends while doing nothing.
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by Myer(m): 3:00pm On May 23
Iagos:
Good one.
All this is contingent on an reliable database.
FG needs to conduct an effective census for these bills and policies to effectively produce results and not become another avenue for embezzling public funds.
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by sageb: 3:07pm On May 23
Faiththatworks:
I totally believe some people actually read our comments on Nairaland,I proposed this idea something last year and I'm very joyful it has been passed into law.
There's nothing more befitting than an individual getting paid to learn a skill.
I really hope the government will look at specific industries and not just make it an open affair.
Please let us never stopping making suggestions on ways to move this country forward, enough of Insults and bad Energy
God bless Senator Nwoye
Gov bless Nigeria

Nwoye did well with this bill, if implemented well.
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by sageb: 3:11pm On May 23
NSK4U:
After learning the skill nko?? Empowerment money suppose dey anything like this cos there are many graduates with good skills but lacking financial muscle to kick-start their own

Pertinent questions that needs to be considered in the scheme.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by Kenmarine(m): 3:18pm On May 23
Another bill to enrich some elites
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by Greenfaces: 3:29pm On May 23
slivertongue:
Another bill for the sake of bill making
I tell you. Even bill Gates no pass bill loke this ones
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by assholemods: 3:50pm On May 23
slivertongue:

how many bills have impact Nigeria positively?
So they should just sit down there redundant? Ok tell me what they are supposed to be doing.
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by gentleman82: 4:29pm On May 23
scrap off nysc and rather setup a one year skill acquisitions programme for all graduate youths.
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by bizhop01: 4:37pm On May 23
Better than NYSC if that will be possible
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by frog12: 4:47pm On May 23
government wey no fit pay salary grin grin
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by jojothaiv(m): 8:32pm On May 23
The bill that need pushing is reduce the perks of office let those who are career politicians do the jobs instead of the idiots we have now.
Re: Senate Adopts Nwoye's Bill, Jobless Graduates To Get Paid While Learning Skills by Chimatesky64: 11:15pm On May 23
1x2x3:
I firmly believe that our educational curriculum is in dire need of a thorough review. Astonishingly, 80% of students in tertiary institutions are engaged in studies that will become irrelevant by the time they graduate, resources and time are wasted. It is my considered opinion that after secondary education, it should be mandatory for students to dedicate two to three years to skill acquisition. Post this period of practical learning, they may then proceed to higher education institutions to further specialize in their chosen fields. This model not only allows students to finance their studies through part-time work, if desired, but also ensures that by the time they graduate, they are equipped with substantial work experience, making them highly employable or well-prepared to launch their own businesses. I am decidedly in favor of implementing this educational model for my children.
well said bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? / We Don't Belong To The Biafrans! A South/south Voices Out. / Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.