Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,867 members, 7,862,897 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:34 AM

Abdussalam Gwarzo Accuses NSA Ribadu of Backing Dethroned Emir Bayero - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdussalam Gwarzo Accuses NSA Ribadu of Backing Dethroned Emir Bayero (18562 Views)

NSA Ribadu, Service Chiefs Arrive Aso Rock, To Meet President Tinubu / Abdussalam Abdulkarim Zaura's Motorcade Attacked, 17 Wounded, Vehicles Destroyed / Aminu Abdussalam: Tinubu Held His Colloquium In Kano Because Of 2023 Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdussalam Gwarzo Accuses NSA Ribadu of Backing Dethroned Emir Bayero by Kukutente23: 5:32pm On May 25
Akpakomiza2:

Most of his judgments are pro pdp while abang is pro APC
I'm just hearing that. Abang has been APC since 2015
Re: Abdussalam Gwarzo Accuses NSA Ribadu of Backing Dethroned Emir Bayero by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:42pm On May 25
Bluntemperor:

Gwarzo too is playing Politics ,so is the Sanusi too and politics is played everywhere,where there is perceived interest!
So,Sanusi did not played Politics,when he got some Banks dissolved,when indeed,those Banks he claimed to be insolvency could have been saved or at worst, removed their j
CEOs e g Intercontinental Bank,Union Banks, and Others!
But why did he now allowed Access Bank ( a smaller bank) to Acquire the Intercontinental Bank ( the Big Bank),f not for high handedness and power play, including those in the National Assembly Members then.
How did Access Bank that was owing a large Loans,now pay back the Loans,and acquired the Intercontinental Bank itself?
I pity the Southern People,as they are gaulibles,even in matters against them!
If you ask GEJ today,I doubt if Sanusi is in the good book.
All we want is for Sanusi to tell his own side of the Story,when he was a CBN Governor.
Nonsensical People are everywhere.
You have said it all let them continue humiliating themselves
Re: Abdussalam Gwarzo Accuses NSA Ribadu of Backing Dethroned Emir Bayero by Akpakomiza2: 5:43pm On May 25
Kukutente23:

Exactly. It's all about interest not weakness or strength. And it seems the Abuja boys are not positively disposed to SLS being on that throne. It's not just about Ganduje.
Most people really forget that the DG of DSS is from Bichi in Kano. Dantata also visited Tinubu last week. There's something beyond the eyes I'm this matter for the president to get involved directly.

Exactly that's why I said the DSS,ribadu etc are not acting without tinubu support.he would just feign neutrality while his northern allies go to work.
Again, sanusi is to volatile,radical and unpredictable to work with ahead of 2027.his liberal and western lifestyle does not appeal to the Muslim north
Re: Abdussalam Gwarzo Accuses NSA Ribadu of Backing Dethroned Emir Bayero by Kukutente23: 5:59pm On May 25
LegendHero:

Then Tinubu is strong.

—He took petrol to 3folds to effect the subsidy removal that policy analyst have always proposed as solution to FG balance sheet issue. Even against his own goodwill in the eyes of the people.

—He solved the issue of dual exchange rate and attempted to make naira get to its level through managed float. A policy that is against his own goodwill but yet being strong he proceeded with it.

—See the electricity tariff increase, most 3 folds for Band A. He followed through with it and no mortal can question him and ground the country.

No president can do any of the three simultaneously within 1 years and not have a grounded nation. Not even OBJ.
Yeah. Especially when the same man sponsoring the opposition and protests is now in the saddle.
1. Subsidy is back. But besides that, I remember telling you then that Tinubu is simply attempting to remove subsidy not that he has. How's the subsidy story now? Does the price of fuel reflect the market realities? Ie is obvious from the time of Buhari that the opposition is weak towards APC, probably because almost all those who can speak up against APC have been in bed with the major players at one time or the other. Besides, subsidy removal affects the poor more than the rich and tinubu does not represent the poor but rather the elite of the elites. He is pro- West not pro-poor. Buhari is pro-poor and anti-West. His failing is his inability to fashion alternative ideas.

2. Forex rate is pro-elite. Most of the elites have their holdings in dollars. Again, Tinubu is an elite and most of his friends are the elite not poor. If most elites are meeting with him and telling him he's doing the right thing and praising his courage to make "bold reforms", I don't know how that's affecting his goodwill among his friends.

3. As for the electricity tariff, it is selective and not across board. Most Discos are owned by the elites. Again, Tinubu is among the elites.

If we're talking about policymaking as showing strength or weakness, Buhari will be far above Tinubu in terms of taking decision against members of his class. He refused to devalue contrary to advice from the elites. He refused to remove subsidy despite pressure from govs and oil and gas elites to do so. More importantly, Buhari constantly criticised the elites as being part of the problem of Nigeria. I've not heard Tinubu do that since he assumed office.
Re: Abdussalam Gwarzo Accuses NSA Ribadu of Backing Dethroned Emir Bayero by Kukutente23: 6:04pm On May 25
Akpakomiza2:

Exactly that's why I said the DSS,ribadu etc are not acting without tinubu support.he would just feign neutrality while his northern allies go to work.
Again, sanusi is to volatile,radical and unpredictable to work with ahead of 2027.his liberal and western lifestyle does not appeal to the Muslim north
True. And he seems to enjoy hitting the elites though he's an hypocrite. I'm sure that's the main reason they don't want him there. Give him that platform and he'll soon start throwing bombs
Re: Abdussalam Gwarzo Accuses NSA Ribadu of Backing Dethroned Emir Bayero by Akpakomiza2: 6:13pm On May 25
Kukutente23:

True. And he seems to enjoy hitting the elites though he's an hypocrite. I'm sure that's the main reason they don't want him there. Give him that platform and he'll soon start throwing bombs

Yes,he does not practice what he preaches.with time,he will still criticize this present governor
Re: Abdussalam Gwarzo Accuses NSA Ribadu of Backing Dethroned Emir Bayero by LegendHero(m): 6:14pm On May 25
Kukutente23:

Yeah. Especially when the same man sponsoring the opposition and protests is now in the saddle.
That tells you how strong he is. He only won with 8+ million votes, but yet hold all the rest by the balls and no opposition can challenge his government in the true sense beside the usual kids throwing insults online. Opposition in Nigeria is dead.

1. Subsidy is back. But besides that, I remember telling you then that Tinubu is simply attempting to remove subsidy not that he has. How's the subsidy story now? Does the price of fuel reflect the market realities? Ie is obvious from the time of Buhari that the opposition is weak towards APC, probably because almost all those who can speak up against APC have been in bed with the major players at one time or the other. Besides, subsidy removal affects the poor more than the rich and tinubu does not represent the poor but rather the elite of the elites. He is pro- West not pro-poor. Buhari is pro-poor and anti-West. His failing is his inability to fashion alternative ideas.
You should understand why subsidy had to go in the first place. It is because the government is spending large portion of our revenue in subsidizing fuel. So if Tinubu can free up over 300% of some of those funds, then it is a success. I don’t care if they eventually pay 10 or 20% of the funds but it is a success. If the dollar/naira rate go down, the #650 price still seems a perfect rate to pay for fuel outside subsidy.

Subsidy is not pro-poor but policy analysts have blackmailed the government with subsidy removal since 2000s while the poor cheer them on and label every government that fail to remove subsidy as corrupt. Isn’t that why all candidates promised to remove it in the first place?

2. Forex rate is pro-elite. Most of the elites have their holdings in dollars. Again, Tinubu is an elite and most of his friends are the elite not poor. If most elites are meeting with him and telling him he's doing the right thing and praising his courage to make "bold reforms", I don't know how that's affecting his goodwill among his friends.
Forex rate whether removed or non removed is still pro-elite. Infact no matter the system you have in place in Nigeria, the elite will still rig it.

But however the fact that everybody now get dollar at the same rate give a better playing ground. I have one of my guys here that used to be a BDC guy during Buhari regime, this guys does nothing, just go to bank to collect money at CBN rate in connivance with the bank leads, and sell at BDC rate and they have racked in billions in profit by doing nothing. If you argue keeping dual exchange rate is pro-poor, when have the poor ever gotten dollar at the rate of CBN in the first place?

If CBN can bring it down to the #1000 mark and both parallel and BDC maintain the same price, I will rate Tinubu a success.

3. As for the electricity tariff, it is selective and not across board. Most Discos are owned by the elites. Again, Tinubu is among the elites.
Yes that means he still at least give the poor some breathing space. But in 3 years, I will not say the same. Again all policy are pro-elite. They will always look for a way to gain out of every situation. We keep paying billions for subsidy on electricity, but yet the elite are still inflating the figures.

In Nigeria, the elite wins every damn time.

If we're talking about policymaking as showing strength or weakness, Buhari will be far above Tinubu in terms of taking decision against members of his class. He refused to devalue contrary to advice from the elites. He refused to remove subsidy despite pressure from govs and business elites to do so. More importantly, Buhari constantly criticised the elites as being part of the problem of Nigeria. I've not heard Tinubu so that since he assumed office.
Tinubu is a rich guy and a city boy. Buhari is a village boy and that usually shape his view of life. Tinubu won’t come and feign drinking garri or having one shoes, man is not a pretender.

If I become president today, I will have an extremely different worldview from what Buhari had. Buhari is a cool guy, but he dosen't understand the game.

Tinubu only followed what policy analysts have been saying for decades. I am glad he did it and we all see the issue with subsidy removal. I am sure going into the future, no politician will ever campaign with removing subsidy and dual exchange rate again. The citizen won’t take that BS anymore.

Tinubu still has 3 years to do, if the dividends of his reform did not bear fruit by next year ending, I fear for his legacy.
Re: Abdussalam Gwarzo Accuses NSA Ribadu of Backing Dethroned Emir Bayero by Kukutente23: 9:09pm On May 25
LegendHero:

That tells you how strong he is. He only won with 8+ million votes, but yet hold all the rest by the balls and no opposition can challenge his government in the true sense beside the usual kids throwing insults online. Opposition in Nigeria is dead.

You should understand why subsidy had to go in the first place. It is because the government is spending large portion of our revenue in subsidizing fuel. So if Tinubu can free up over 300% of some of those funds, then it is a success. I don’t care if they eventually pay 10 or 20% of the funds but it is a success. If the dollar/naira rate go down, the #650 price still seems a perfect rate to pay for fuel outside subsidy.

Subsidy is not pro-poor but policy analysts have blackmailed the government with subsidy removal since 2000s while the poor cheer them on and label every government that fail to remove subsidy as corrupt. Isn’t that why all candidates promised to remove it in the first place?

Forex rate whether removed or non removed is still pro-elite. Infact no matter the system you have in place in Nigeria, the elite will still rig it.

But however the fact that everybody now get dollar at the same rate give a better playing ground. I have one of my guys here that used to be a BDC guy during Buhari regime, this guys does nothing, just go to bank to collect money at CBN rate in connivance with the bank leads, and sell at BDC rate and they have racked in billions in profit by doing nothing. If you argue keeping dual exchange rate is pro-poor, when have the poor ever gotten dollar at the rate of CBN in the first place?

If CBN can bring it down to the #1000 mark and both parallel and BDC maintain the same price, I will rate Tinubu a success.

Yes that means he still at least give the poor some breathing space. But in 3 years, I will not say the same. Again all policy are pro-elite. They will always look for a way to gain out of every situation. We keep paying billions for subsidy on electricity, but yet the elite are still inflating the figures.

In Nigeria, the elite wins every damn time.

Tinubu is a rich guy and a city boy. Buhari is a village boy and that usually shape his view of life. Tinubu won’t come and feign drinking garri or having one shoes, man is not a pretender.

If I become president today, I will have an extremely different worldview from what Buhari had. Buhari is a cool guy, but he dosen't understand the game.

Tinubu only followed what policy analysts have been saying for decades. I am glad he did it and we all see the issue with subsidy removal. I am sure going into the future, no politician will ever campaign with removing subsidy and dual exchange rate again. The citizen won’t take that BS anymore.

Tinubu still has 3 years to do, if the dividends of his reform did not bear fruit by next year ending, I fear for his legacy.
Let me ask you directly what fruits you're expecting from fuel subsidy removal and naira devaluation different from what's on ground

Opposition is dead in Nigeria I agree. But is that what makes a strong leader? Is the absence of opposition a sign of strength or a sign of a broken system that we run?

But subsidy is back. I've always been against subsidy removal especially when the proponents don't have an alternative in place. The two presidents who have shown strength in actions and policies are Obasanjo and Yaradua. The rest have just been pandering to interests including Tinubu.
You rightly said there's no policy that does not favour the elite one way or the other. The focus is on implementation. A president who allows an Akpabio to become his Senate president is not strong.
If you give nod to a policy and have to reverse it, you are generally seen as weak in Nigeria. But that's not always the case.
OBJ sacked his IG for corruption. Not only that, he ensured that corruption was not so brazen as we have it now.
So subsidy removal is not a sign of strength neither is forex devaluation. The elites are well insulated against both policies. And the masses who are at the receiving end are too divided to speak with one voice
Re: Abdussalam Gwarzo Accuses NSA Ribadu of Backing Dethroned Emir Bayero by LegendHero(m): 10:35pm On May 25
Kukutente23:

Let me ask you directly what fruits you're expecting from fuel subsidy removal and naira devaluation different from what's on ground

Opposition is dead in Nigeria I agree. But is that what makes a strong leader? Is the absence of opposition a sign of strength or a sign of a broken system that we run?

But subsidy is back. I've always been against subsidy removal especially when the proponents don't have an alternative in place. The two presidents who have shown strength in actions and policies are Obasanjo and Yaradua. The rest have just been pandering to interests including Tinubu.
You rightly said there's no policy that does not favour the elite one way or the other. The focus is on implementation. A president who allows an Akpabio to become his Senate president is not strong.
If you give nod to a policy and have to reverse it, you are generally seen as weak in Nigeria. But that's not always the case.
OBJ sacked his IG for corruption. Not only that, he ensured that corruption was not so brazen as we have it now.
So subsidy removal is not a sign of strength neither is forex devaluation. The elites are well insulated against both policies. And the masses who are at the receiving end are too divided to speak with one voice

Aside the usual argument of freeing up fund for other sectors.I think the main benefit I see is fiscal savings on the part of the FG. Nigeria is bleeding massively, we need to first stop the bleeding too.

Let’s check the numbers.
—in 2022, according to World Bank, 96% of Nigeria revenue was used to service debt.
—In 2022, Nigeria spent $10bn on fuel subsidy.
—In 2022, the total expected revenue from our budget is 10trillion ($22b at 448 to the $). This means we spent 50% of total revenue on fuel subsidy alone.

Buhari was able to keep this going by massive borrowing. And as we borrow, we will get to a point where everything will suddenly collapse. We won’t be able to borrow no more and there won’t be anything left to even run the government.

It is easier for us outside to blame the government but when we become the president, we understand what is truly at stake.

Tinubu wouldn’t be that stupid to create a policy that will make him lose goodwill from the people is there is an alternative.

Infact if your argument is corruption, it will be more easier to steal money with fuel/dollar subsidy in place than removing those subsidy. If you understand the game, you’ll understand what I’m saying.

Currently, we haven’t seen the dividend of this thing because it is still at the initial stage. You have to first find an equilibrium where we can then have some growth. we are in that position.

1 Like

Re: Abdussalam Gwarzo Accuses NSA Ribadu of Backing Dethroned Emir Bayero by sagitariusbaby(m): 1:12pm On May 26
Kukutente23:

In actual fact, the power to apoint and dethrone a King is not explicitly stated in the constitution. It is implied
where did you got that from?
Re: Abdussalam Gwarzo Accuses NSA Ribadu of Backing Dethroned Emir Bayero by Kukutente23: 2:08pm On May 26
sagitariusbaby:
where did you got that from?
Prove me wrong
Re: Abdussalam Gwarzo Accuses NSA Ribadu of Backing Dethroned Emir Bayero by Paraman: 11:24am On May 27
SaiOba:
This APChit people wanna burn Kano State politically not minding and caring about the way its gonna affect the Kano people and the respect they all have for their long age tradition.

The ill doings of that ugly corrupt Gandollar baffles the devil.

It's a very BIG shame.
There's nothing people like you can't believe, so far is against who you dont like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amendment Of CCB/CCT Act By National Assembly Is Null & Void - Olatunde Bakare / Osinbajo: Seizure Of Funds By Obasanjo Made Lagos Think Like Sovereign State / Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.