Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,655 members, 7,865,648 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:28 PM

Stomach Pain - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stomach Pain (183 Views)

Lady Vomits Ant In Enugu After Visiting Herbalist 4 Stomach Pain(pics) / Favour Lawal, Girl Born Without Anus Who Excretes Through Her Stomach (Photos) / My Wife & Others Have Abandoned Me – Man With Swollen Stomach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stomach Pain by Idrisk19(m): 3:23pm On May 25
Greetings to all Doctors in the house.
Please I'm highly in need your help, concerning my health, I'm facing stomach pain it was started for many years before I married. if the stomach start paining me, no matter the drug I take it wouldn't cure it or stop the pain, until when I sleep when I woke up I would not feel any pain anymore, the people in my area particularly the women they would be saying it's because I'm a virgin that's the reason I'm experience the stomach pain, now I have married 6 years ago I'm still facing the same stomach pain even till today I'm typing this, but my wife is a Chemist whenever the stomach start she would give me drug I'm sorry I couldn't write the accurate spelling "Buscopaam" I should take it with peak milk within 5 to ten minutes the pain would disappear.. please what's the causes of the stomach and the way out. Thanks in anticipation..
please help me approve my post.
Re: Stomach Pain by HealthlandNG: 4:12pm On May 25
@Idrisk19,
Whatever the cause, it's definitely NOT because you were a virgin.
The stomach (I'm sure you mean abdomen) is a big wide area, and contains many different things, and there are many things inside that could be responsible for the pain.

However, a few pointers:

Have you had surgery in the abdomen before (tummy or stomach as you call it), maybe in childhood or earlier years? And does the pain come or get worse after eating? If so, it may be due to adhesions, that's intestines gumming to themselves or gumming to other things inside the abdomen.
The fact that it gets better after taking buscopan tends to suggest it may be due to cramps, which can be caused by both adhesions and many other things.

2. What part of the abdomen do you feel the pain? Is it all over the abdomen, around the navel, in the right lower side, in the upper part just below the chest? The part you feel it may give an idea of the possible causes.

3. Is the pain worse when you've not eaten for a long time or are fasting, especially in the upper part of your abdomen? That may be an indication of ulcer, though there could be other causes.

4. I think you should go and see a doctor, so he can examine your abdomen, not just taking medicines from "chemists"/pharmacies, since this has been going on for a long time even despite taking medicines from those sources.
You'll probably need to do scan as well to look for any growths or other things within your abdomen.
At least an ultrasound scan, or a CT scan, which will be requested by the doctor when you see him.
Because there may be more serious issues that can cause these symptoms that need to be ruled out by doing those scans.
Re: Stomach Pain by Idrisk19(m): 5:41pm On May 25
HealthlandNG:
@Idrisk19,
Whatever the cause, it's definitely NOT because you were a virgin.
The stomach (I'm sure you mean abdomen) is a big wide area, and contains many different things, and there are many things inside that could be responsible for the pain.

However, a few pointers:

Have you had surgery in the abdomen before (tummy or stomach as you call it), maybe in childhood or earlier years? And does the pain come or get worse after eating? If so, it may be due to adhesions, that's intestines gumming to themselves or gumming to other things inside the abdomen.
The fact that it gets better after taking buscopan tends to suggest it may be due to cramps, which can be caused by both adhesions and many other things.

2. What part of the abdomen do you feel the pain? Is it all over the abdomen, around the navel, in the right lower side, in the upper part just below the chest? The part you feel it may give an idea of the possible causes.

3. Is the pain worse when you've not eaten for a long time or are fasting, especially in the upper part of your abdomen? That may be an indication of ulcer, though there could be other causes.

4. I think you should go and see a doctor, so he can examine your abdomen, not just taking medicines from "chemists"/pharmacies, since this has been going on for a long time even despite taking medicines from those sources.
You'll probably need to do scan as well to look for any growths or other things within your abdomen.
At least an ultrasound scan, or a CT scan, which will be requested by the doctor when you see him.
Because there may be more serious issues that can cause these symptoms that need to be ruled out by doing those scans.
Thanks so much Sir for quick replied. I have not had any surgery before since I was born, I feel pain from navel from left side. I'll need to see doctor as soon as possible. because its getting worse..
Re: Stomach Pain by HealthlandNG: 5:44pm On May 25
Idrisk19:

Thanks so much Sir for quick replied. I have not had any surgery before since I was born, I feel pain from navel from left side. I'll need to see doctor as soon as possible. because its getting worse..

You're welcome. Okay please do, and quickly, especially if it's getting worse.
Re: Stomach Pain by Idrisk19(m): 6:09pm On May 25
HealthlandNG:

You're welcome. Okay please do, and quickly, especially if it's getting worse.
I appreciate your contribution sir.
Re: Stomach Pain by flokii: 9:40pm On May 31
@OP Did you check for ulcer?.. H. Pylori in the digestive tract can cause stomach pain. Betterstill go for a CT scan to know what exactly is wrong.
Wish you total healing.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians That Died As A Result Of Poor Healthcare System / The Benefits Of Alpha Meta. / The Benefits Of Alpha Meta.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.