Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread - Car Talk (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread (209675 Views)

Comparing Some Honda, Toyota, Nissan And Volkswagen Cars / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by gogetter09(m): 9:04pm On Jan 23, 2020
Thankyou... mine is 2.0L will I still use the 5w-40
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sheriff19: 11:25pm On Jan 23, 2020
Please, my VW golf 3 is overhearing and i have changed everything possible that has to do with the cooling system ( radiator, fan, thermostat e.t.c) every thing that has to do with the cooling system but the engine keep overheating. Please what is the solution.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by chuks04: 10:55am On Jan 24, 2020
Good morning guys.
Pls I use Volkswagen Passat 2007 model and recently I started noticing 'immobilizer active' on the dashboard. Whenever this comes on, the car won't start.

I will have to wait for like 10 minutes and sometimes I have to remove battery terminal so it can start.

I have only one key and the chip inside is intact, never fallen from my hand before.

Pls anyone with an advise...will really appreciate
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by radautoworks: 8:41pm On Jan 24, 2020
Sheriff19:
Please, my VW golf 3 is overhearing and i have changed everything possible that has to do with the cooling system ( radiator, fan, thermostat e.t.c) every thing that has to do with the cooling system but the engine keep overheating. Please what is the solution.

New mechanic that will actually find out why it's overheating BEFORE you buy parts

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Phedam: 9:48pm On Jan 25, 2020
Hello guys,
I use a 2007 model VW jetta.
I just noticed some days back that while accelerating, my car suddenly jerks violently.
Let me explain better, If the car is at, say 40km/hr and I start accelerating,
when it gets to like 60 it stops increasing speed and starts jerking violently,
if I take my leg a bit away from the pedal and move at constant speed (60km/hr) for about 30 seconds
and then accelerate again it will respond to the acceleration until I get to like 80km/hr and it jerks again.
and the same cycle occurs at 100km/hr.

Please is there anybody with an idea of what can be going wrong with the car.
Responses will be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 25, 2020
chuks04:
Good morning guys.
Pls I use Volkswagen Passat 2007 model and recently I started noticing 'immobilizer active' on the dashboard. Whenever this comes on, the car won't start.

I will have to wait for like 10 minutes and sometimes I have to remove battery terminal so it can start.

I have only one key and the chip inside is intact, never fallen from my hand before.

Start by scanning. An issue with the immobilizer system it seems. Having a single working key on these cars (VAG) is not advisable.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Billiebaba(m): 10:15pm On Jan 25, 2020
Phedam:
Hello guys,
I just noticed some days back that while accelerating, my car suddenly jerks violently.
if I take my leg a bit away from the pedal and move at constant speed (60km/hr) for about 30 seconds
and then accelerate again it will respond to the acceleration until I get to like 80km/hr and it jerks again.

Thanks
Get the car scanned, I can sense gear issue, it has difficulties engaging gears.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by empron(m): 10:29pm On Jan 25, 2020
Phedam:
Hello guys,

Thanks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by empron(m): 10:31pm On Jan 25, 2020
chuks04:
Good morning guys.

Look for someone with highheld diagnostic machine and run a scan on comfort module (immo eeprom is located inside)
Sometimes erasing the DTC might solve the
issues.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by empron(m): 10:34pm On Jan 25, 2020
Sheriff19:
when changing those components do they bleed the air out from the system?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 25, 2020
empron:

Look for someone with highheld diagnostic machine and run a scan on comfort module (immo eeprom is located inside)
Sometimes erasing the DTC might solve the
issues.
There's a weak signal somewhere. Erasing the DTC might just be like sweeping a problem under the carpet.

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by TransZite: 9:21am On Jan 27, 2020
My 2008 Passat has been a loving and dependable car since I purchased it 2yrs ago.I have a scanner I use in detecting any error.The 2.0 FSI is the best model to buy.wish I could still keep it but I need to upgrade to a passat cc.

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by megastu(m): 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2020
How much? whatsapp me on 08037178687
TransZite:
My 2008 Passat has been a loving and dependable car since I purchased it 2yrs ago.I have a scanner I use in detecting any error.The 2.0 FSI is the best model to buy.wish I could still keep it but I need to upgrade to a passat cc.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by lubehouse9ja(m): 7:19am On Jan 29, 2020
That's what you need.. Pls Next time contact us from signature.
gogetter09:
Good evening, I want to take my Audi A4 2007 for servicing,... I want to change the engine oil to synthetic oil 5w30 Castro extended, oil filter, I don't know if I should change the spark plugs, the last time I serviced the car was June last year after I cleared the car with 210k miles, and I have drove 3miles... please what else do I need to change for a smooth ride... although, it is working perfectly... please all opinion and suggestions is accepted thanks

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by OdogwuMike(m): 9:11am On Jan 30, 2020
Thank Goodness I saw this thread. I have ordered a VW Passat 2007 FSI Manual transmission from the UK.

The issue is that the gear sterling is located at the right hand side and I would want to convert it to the left hand side once it arrives Lagos on the 28th of February.

Has anyone done this before? Who can recommend, based on experience, an expert who can do this perfectly without issue.

This is my WhatsApp no 08061106773, would love to be added in the group chat too.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by OdogwuMike(m): 5:13pm On Jan 30, 2020
[quote author=OdogwuMike post=86226675]Thank Goodness I saw this thread. I have ordered a VW Passat 2007 FSI Manual transmission from the UK.

The issue is that the gear sterling is located at the right hand side and I would want to convert it to the left hand side once it arrives Lagos on the 28th of February.

Has anyone done this before? Who can recommend, based on experience, an expert who can do this perfectly without issue.

This is my WhatsApp no 08061106773, would love to be added in the group chat too.

Still waiting for a reply
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2020
OdogwuMike:
Thank Goodness I saw this thread. I have ordered a VW Passat 2007 FSI Manual transmission from the UK.

contact GreatStephenho for anything VW, parts and mechanics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Naheem001: 7:54pm On Jan 31, 2020
Hi guys,

I'm inviting you to fill the Carl Survey. The short survey is focused on getting your transportation experience as we plan on enhancing the experience.
Remember, your feedback is completely anonymous. We thank you in advance for your participation.

Fill the survey here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdaUhE6tM7pZ7VbnO5BnUo1o3F-MhruBwBoCLROw7kURdJEvg/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by EngRichie: 9:38am On Feb 15, 2020
It's possible that it is a fuel delivery issue,especially with the high pressure fuel pump in the engine bay.

Phedam:
Hello guys,

Thanks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by EngRichie: 9:39am On Feb 15, 2020
I wish you can abort this mission.

OdogwuMike:

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by EngRichie: 9:42am On Feb 15, 2020
Have you checked water pump impeller, blocked exhaust, fuel trimv(for excessive lean running), spark plugs heat range?

Sheriff19:
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by EnterpriseMan: 10:39am On Feb 15, 2020
Model: Audi A4 2010 quattro premium
Transmission: Dual 6 speed automatic/manual
Engine: Turbo v4

whenever I start the car, i notice a slight vibration which later dies down. someone told me that maybe some of the engine seats are weak and need replacement, but I have to be sure.. it's a very beautiful car and works perfectly, and damn very fast. got it to hit 201km/h from Abuja to Benin. I just need to know what causes the vibration.

Thanks in advance

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by EngRichie: 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2020
Happened mostly in the morning right?
Wrong octane fuel or fuel pressure issue.

EnterpriseMan:
Model: Audi A4 2010 quattro premium
Transmission: Dual 6 speed automatic/manual
Engine: Turbo v4

whenever I start the car, i notice a slight vibration which later dies down. someone told me that maybe some of the engine seats are weak and need replacement, but I have to be sure.. it's a very beautiful car and works perfectly, and damn very fast. got it to hit 201km/h from Abuja to Benin. I just need to know what causes the vibration.

Thanks in advance
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 15, 2020
Beautiful cars VW Audi
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by EnterpriseMan: 4:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
EngRichie:
Happened mostly in the morning right?
Wrong octane fuel or fuel pressure issue.

Yea, exertly.. it happens in the mornings and after about 10secs, it stablises.. So if it's the fuel pressure issue, how do I fix it?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 15, 2020
EnterpriseMan:

Yea, exertly.. it happens in the mornings and after about 10secs, it stablises.. So if it's the fuel pressure issue, how do I fix it?
Are you selling?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Rotiix(m): 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
Good evening all, please will the engine be affected if i switch to the correct oil grade after close to 3 years of naively using the wrong oil type? The car is 2006 VW Passat and i have been using mobil 20w-50 instead of 5w-40 because i was naive.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
Rotiix:
Good evening all, please will the engine be affected if i switch to the correct oil grade after close to 3 years of naively using the wrong oil type? The car is 2006 VW Passat and i have been using mobil 20w-50 instead of 5w-40 because i was naive.
Stick to the 20-50.

2 Likes

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Rotiix(m): 8:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Stick to the 20-50.
Okay thanks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by dru23(m): 10:25pm On Feb 15, 2020
Rotiix:

The damage has already been done .. Keep using the engine oil killer 20w50 till you need to replace the engine .. Once you get new engine than you can go back to factory engine...
20w50 engine oil is not compatible on most modern cars.. The oil is very ,very thick ... so it takes longer for the oil to flow easily when you start your engine... by than there is gradual wear and tear on the engine component at the early stage of start up because oil is not flowing faster or easily enough to lubricate those parts ..

Ps... 20w50 is actually meant for heavy duty engines...

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Rotiix(m): 7:33am On Feb 16, 2020
dru23:

The damage has already been done .. Keep using the engine oil killer 20w50 till you need to replace the engine .. Once you get new engine than you can go back to factory engine...
20w50 engine oil is not compatible on most modern cars.. The oil is very ,very thick ... so it takes longer for the oil to flow easily when you start your engine... by than there is gradual wear and tear on the engine component at the early stage of start up because oil is not flowing faster or easily enough to lubricate those parts ..

Ps... 20w50 is actually meant for heavy duty engines...

Okay thanks for your clear analysis, btw what will happen if the correct oil spec is used at this point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (57) (Reply)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) / BMW Owners' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.