Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,128 members, 7,863,929 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:10 AM

Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker (8063 Views)

Cross River Assembly Members Fight During Impeachment Of Speaker Ayambem / Cross River House Of Assembly Speaker, Ayambem Impeached / Police Take Over Cross River Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by Dapromzy333(m): 12:47pm On May 27
Rt. Hon. Elvert Ayambem has been unanimously reaffirmed as the 10th Assembly of Cross River State.

The reaffirmation of Ayambem came after a reconciliation negotiated by the state governor, Bassey Otu, and key stakeholders with the 25-member Assembly in Calabar on Sunday, according to a statement from the Chief Press Secretary to the Speaker, Matthew Okache.

The speaker was impeached on Wednesday by 17 members out of the 25-member House over allegations of misappropriation of funds.

Majority of the lawmakers had passed a no-confidence vote on him, about 11 months in office.

While responding to the development, Ayambem expressed his appreciation to the governor and the stakeholders, for what he described as their remarkable ability to bring about peace for the stability of the state and the House of Assembly.

The speaker also commended Otu for showing extraordinary leadership during challenging times.

According to Ayambem, “the governor’s track record as a leader who is committed to peace has never been in doubt. This has continued to shine through from his time as senator to his current position as governor. I want to sincerely thank you for your genuine interest in and commitment to the peace and unity of Cross River State.

“Specifically, I want to thank all relevant stakeholders and particularly my colleagues for your continuous support. I want to pledge my cooperation and commitment to foster a harmonious working environment with you, one that would contribute to the growth and progress of both the House of Assembly and Cross River State.”

The speaker emphasised the shared responsibility to collaborate for the advancement of the state, highlighting the importance of unity and cooperation among the members, to make laws that will serve the common good of all Cross Riverians. He pledged to lead with integrity, decency, and a focus on the welfare of all.

Ayambem who represents Ikom 2 State Constituency in the Houses of Assembly, was elected Speaker of the 10th Cross River State House of Assembly in June 2023.
https://platinumtimes.ng/gov-otu-intervenes-as-cross-river-lawmakers-makes-u-turn-reaffirm-ayambem-as-10th-speaker/

1 Like

Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by OmotolaDeniro(f): 1:14pm On May 27
Congratulation

More wins
Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by idanone(m): 1:14pm On May 27
Government of na we we........ When you chop alone in Nigeria politics crisis might await you. Anyways congrat.

1 Like

Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by eedimo(m): 1:14pm On May 27
Good for their selfish interest

Btw; Otu no dey hear wetin other governors dey do?
I have been Observing the leadership situation in Cross River state since 1999. It keeps declining.
Donald Duke was better than Imoke, Imoke was better than Ayade, Ayade who was like the devils ambassador is still better than Otu.

Talk talk talk... With nothing to show.

4 Likes

Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by Dicoomoba: 1:16pm On May 27
ChizzyBuna:
Im no longer a supporter of Israel.

I just found out that Jewish people STILL HATE JESUS CHRIST AND CHRISTIANS
EVEN AFTER 2000. YRS AGO angry

FVCK RIGHTEOUSNESS FOR MISLEADING ME

Thank you for listening to research I was advocating for it then but you thought I hate Jews

2 Likes

Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by AsoVille11: 1:16pm On May 27
Better
Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by komzy589(m): 1:16pm On May 27
Arrangie don start. Everything na know me I know you. No one dey ever go down from lack of accountability and responsibility🤦‍♂️.
Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by Kelklein(m): 1:16pm On May 27
Intervene keh.. you think in Nigeria of Today that anything would happen in any State Assembly that the Governor is not the mastermind..?!.! These guys are like emperors in their various domains, they pocket the Local Governments, State Judiciary and Houses of Assembly..

The template is already set at the NGF... all you just have to do as a new Governor is to take the irrespónsible template and copy and paste it in your state interms of governance, Local elections and mismanagement of public funds..

We play very irrespónsible poiltics in this part of the world..🤔🤔

6 Likes

Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by longetivity(m): 1:16pm On May 27
ChizzyBuna:

better go and warm eba chop.

5 Likes

Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by bigdammyj: 1:21pm On May 27
Noted.
Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by boringdraw: 1:25pm On May 27
Those who rose up against this speaker without the backing of the governor are really not smart.
Speaker needs to reshuffle committees immediately, and remain close to the governor.
In Nigeria because of the absence of separation of powers, the governors call the shots in the Legislative arm.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by LadyExcellency: 1:27pm On May 27
ChizzyBuna:

How much did you spend in support of Israel?

2 Likes

Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by CaptainGo: 1:33pm On May 27
boringdraw:
Those who rose up against this speaker without the baking of the governor are really not smart.
Speaker needs to reshuffle committees immediately, and remain close to the governor.
In Nigeria because of the absence of separation of powers, the governors call the shots in the Legislative arm.

undecided

Democracy and separation of power in the mud

2 Likes

Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by meum: 1:38pm On May 27
I thought they said he was corrupt & didn't follow legislative processes? Suddenly he’s no more corrupt and now understands legislative processes 😂

Politricks
Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by Captainero: 1:42pm On May 27
Governor Fubara of Rivers state should go o and learn how to befriend his state's Assembly, and not by demolition of assembly buildings [quo wete author=Dapromzy333 post=130166117]Rt. Hon. Elvert Ayambem has been unanimously reaffirmed as the 10th Assembly of Cross River State.

https://platinumtimes.ng/gov-otu-intervenes-as-cross-river-lawmakers-makes-u-turn-reaffirm-ayambem-as-10th-speaker/[/quote]
Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by Melagros(m): 1:47pm On May 27
COMRADES, are laughing at these clowns grin
Politicians no get sense at all
Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by Ewedegubbler: 1:48pm On May 27
ChizzyBuna:

Same way Muslims hate Jews, Christians, budhists, atheists, dogs and everyone else.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by MEGAWATCH: 2:02pm On May 27
ChizzyBuna:

If you are not a religious hypocrite, what is the connection between this news and this thing you posted here?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by ziragoldd(m): 2:41pm On May 27
Captainero:
Governor Fubara of Rivers state should go o and learn how to befriend his state's Assembly, and not by demolition of assembly buildings [quo wete author=Dapromzy333 post=130166117]Rt. Hon. Elvert Ayambem has been unanimously reaffirmed as the 10th Assembly of Cross River State.

https://platinumtimes.ng/gov-otu-intervenes-as-cross-river-lawmakers-makes-u-turn-reaffirm-ayambem-as-10th-speaker/
congratulations
Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:54pm On May 27
longetivity:
better go and warm eba chop.
Lol, warm eba? I no fit laugh.
Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:56pm On May 27
So he didn't misappropriates funds again or he has corrected the sharing formula?
Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by AcadaWriter: 4:33pm On May 27
CongratulationMore wins
Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by davit: 5:07pm On May 27
People wey no sabi impeach. Imagine, they impeach someone with no ready member to take over the Speakership! Nonsense
Re: Gov Otu Intervenes As Cross River Assembly Reaffirms Ayambem As 10th Speaker by Maski87: 6:35pm On May 27
Governor otu,are sure that is his real name

(1) (Reply)

Northern Ambassador Tells Host Country That Nigerian Criminals Are Southerners / US Sends Team To Probe Baga Killings / Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.