Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2294924 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) ... (3470) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2018
sod09:
the old fool should just retire
And the board should not be unfortunate,they must give Emery money to buy, sell those useless stupid players

He really needs right back. At least two.....The way Bellerin take better pass dis old man too much
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2018
BlueRayDick:

Chill na. It's just normal trolling. He will get tired and move on. Na just normal normal.
I know...
Na my guy still Abi odizeey grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by odizeey(m): 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2018
sod09:
shame has really lost it meaning...you trying to troll a club shītting and better than your useless club this season.
Do you have sense at all
lipsrsealed
As if you did not troll me when city beat us last season or when we began to draw and play drab football last season. Remind me your club position at that time please. Abegi

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2018
BlueRayDick:

He really needs right back. At least two.....The way Bellerin take better pass dis old man too much
kolasinac is not mobile enough, I think we should let Ozil go
Enough is enough
Too many dead woods in that team, mustafi and holding looking like world best defenders in front these ones
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2018
sod09:
kolasinac is not mobile enough, I think we should let Ozil go
Enough is enough
Too many dead woods in that team, mustafi and holding looking like world best defenders in front these ones

Sincerely holding was our best defender up till he was injured. Now we miss him badly. Koscienly should just go and join Mertersacker in the coaching ministry.

Sincerely if we will be letting go of ozil, then a better player should be bought as replacement. I mean a replacement that will fight to win matches. Not all these siddon look kind of players.

Just look at how that Mitland-Niles is already looking like a typical Wenger player, losing focus when it matters most.

As for Ìwobi, that one made sure the coach regretted taking off ozil. He was just Anti-football for the rest of the match.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2018
BlueRayDick:

Sincerely holding was our best defender up till he was injured. Now we miss him badly. Koscienly should just go and join Mertersacker in the coaching ministry.

Sincerely if we will be letting go of ozil, then a better player should be bought as replacement. I mean a replacement that will fight to win matches. Not all these siddon look kind of players.

Just look at how that Mitland-Niles is already looking like a typical Wenger player, losing focus when it matters most.

As for Ìwobi, that one made sure the coach regretted taking off ozil. He was just Anti-football for the rest of the match.

honestly the 3 subs were foolish move
Lacazette was still fighting for the ball
Ramsey ,iwobi and amn were just spectators

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 9:16pm On Dec 26, 2018
BlueRayDick:
Waiting patiently for somebody to tell me Guendouzi was exceptional today

But Guendouzi was exceptional na cheesy grin did you not see all the wonderful lofted back passes he made? Or did you miss old school dribbling? 10/10 performance today.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2018
MrDojo:

But Guendouzi was exceptional na cheesy grin did you not see all the wonderful lofted back passes he made? Or did you miss old school dribbling? 10/10 performance today.

grin grin
Lofted passes kee him dere

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 9:47pm On Dec 26, 2018
Mid season review.

Well it is still the same old Arsenal. The only difference this time around is that we have a new man to receive all the insults. Although a lot of people were carried away after our 22 unbeaten streak (can't blame, especially after the nightmare that was last season) I remained grounded and looked at all our performances objectively.

In terms of style of play, we have change significantly from Wenger's free flowing passing system (which became a nightmare last season) to Emery's overload wing play. Which is refreshing, but baffling at the same time because Arsenal does not have the personnel to play this system (lack of wingers). The use of Advanced playmakers (Ozil, Miki, Iwobi, etc.) in this role has been more been more harmful than beneficial.

Our squad is also very unbalanced. We only have one right back in the whole squad (that old man is not a player abeg), the two left backs are injury prone. Our defenders are injury prone and error prone, this is also the same for our keepers. We have a talented, but inexperienced youngster starting ahead of more capable personnel.

Arsenal's target this season is to finish in the top 4, but it almost an unrealistic ambition. Because we neither have the depth in squad nor the quality to attain that goal.

Unlike the other Top 5 teams, Arsenal's defensive record is comical, and our injury woes are back to hunt us again. I can't blame Wenger's training scheme anymore, it can only mean that the fault lies with the players and Arsenal's recruitment team. If one team can assemble so many injury prone players, then you know your recruitment team is a joke (or the person who signed).

If Arsenal have any lofty goals for this season, it's beat they bury it immediately. Because this players can't give what they don't have (Yes, they may win one or two big matches, but they will never be consistent over 38 games).

My prediction of Arsenal's final position: 5th (if consistent) or 6th (if united continues to improve, hopefully they don't).

It's going to be another tough season boys. grin grin But we all knew that already. Hopefully, Stan will give Emery some money to invest in the squad. I would not be holding my breath though.

P.s. Arsenal needs to bin a lot of players to move forward.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 9:51pm On Dec 26, 2018
BlueRayDick:

grin grin
Lofted passes kee him dere

grin cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:30am On Dec 27, 2018
MrDojo:
Mid season review.

Well it is still the same old Arsenal. The only difference this time around is that we have a new man to receive all the insults. Although a lot of people were carried away after our 22 unbeaten streak (can't blame, especially after the nightmare that was last season) I remained grounded and looked at all our performances objectively.

In terms of style of play, we have change significantly from Wenger's free flowing passing system (which became a nightmare last season) to Emery's overload wing play. Which is refreshing, but baffling at the same time because Arsenal does not have the personnel to play this system (lack of wingers). The use of Advanced playmakers (Ozil, Miki, Iwobi, etc.) in this role has been more been more harmful than beneficial.

Our squad is also very unbalanced. We only have one right back in the whole squad (that old man is not a player abeg), the two left backs are injury prone. Our defenders are injury prone and error prone, this is also the same for our keepers. We have a talented, but inexperienced youngster starting ahead of more capable personnel.

Arsenal's target this season is to finish in the top 4, but it almost an unrealistic ambition. Because we neither have the depth in squad nor the quality to attain that goal.

Unlike the other Top 5 teams, Arsenal's defensive record is comical, and our injury woes are back to hunt us again. I can't blame Wenger's training scheme anymore, it can only mean that the fault lies with the players and Arsenal's recruitment team. If one team can assemble so many injury prone players, then you know your recruitment team is a joke (or the person who signed).

If Arsenal have any lofty goals for this season, it's beat they bury it immediately. Because this players can't give what they don't have (Yes, they may win one or two big matches, but they will never be consistent over 38 games).

My prediction of Arsenal's final position: 5th (if consistent) or 6th (if united continues to improve, hopefully they don't).

It's going to be another tough season boys. grin grin But we all knew that already. Hopefully, Stan will give Emery some money to invest in the squad. I would not be holding my breath though.

P.s. Arsenal needs to bin a lot of players to move forward.
well spoken, majority of our players can't enter any other top4 club in the league except manure sha grin.
200m and selling of some wasted pipes can help build a better challenging team.
The only good thing is we are in and out of the top4 unlike this time last season

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BikeMan: 8:10am On Dec 27, 2018
KevinDein:
Absolutely amazing how Emery has managed to transform this team. Just in four months.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 8:41am On Dec 27, 2018
sod09:
well spoken, majority of our players can't enter any other top4 club in the league except manure sha grin.
200m and selling of some wasted pipes can help build a better challenging team.
The only good thing is we are in and out of the top4 unlike this time last season

Yeah, we still have a shot at the Top 4. After this weekend we might be 5 points away from Chelsea.

Liverpool dey vex and Arsenal no get defense cry cry

If we concede leads than 2 goals against them it will be a miracle..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:24am On Dec 27, 2018
MrDojo:

Yeah, we still have a shot at the Top 4. After this weekend we might be 5 points away from Chelsea.

Liverpool dey vex and Arsenal no get defense cry cry

If we concede leads than 2 goals against them it will be a miracle..
don't write off this arsenal team that is one thing I learnt this season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:50am On Dec 27, 2018
.........How we have so many players prone to injuries still baffles me and then it takes forever for them to return. I never thought that I will say this but I really miss Mustafi..... Laurent is completely finished and that tout that calls himself a right back can't be considered a player.
.....Niles looks completely uninterested and I wonder why a young player will seem that way; at this rate, Jenkinson will be a better option.
..... While the silly old man was at fault for the goal with his comical defending, Ozil should take the whole blame for allowing the goal scorer run past him while he was jogging. Why the guy feels that tracking back is beneath him is beyond me. He caused that goal and I know for certain that if he was still in the match, Brighton would have scored more goals. The guy is stubborn and doesn't want to change, he should be sold even if it will be a loss financially. I hate his attitude as players who give their all will ask themselves how such a lazy player earns three times their salary.
.......Lacazette was taken off because of potential injury, if he gets injured, we are down to one striker and with the rush of games coming up, we can kiss top four goodbye. I feel we should be patient with Emery and see out this season no matter where we end up. COYG
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ChristineC: 11:08am On Dec 27, 2018
odizeey:
Your woes has just begun.
your name must be Barnabas. Undeterred soldier of the gospel.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by odizeey(m): 11:12am On Dec 27, 2018
ChristineC:
your name must be Barnabas. Undeterred soldier of the gospel.
they will hear it hot.
You remember when they come to our thread everyday. Whether match day or not. Only warming up now they are pained. The gospel must move.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:14am On Dec 27, 2018
solomonbrown64:
.........How we have so many players prone to injuries still baffles me and then it takes forever for them to return. I never thought that I will say this but I really miss Mustafi..... Laurent is completely finished and that tout that calls himself a right back can't be considered a player.
.....Niles looks completely uninterested and I wonder why a young player will seem that way; at this rate, Jenkinson will be a better option.
..... While the silly old man was at fault for the goal with his comical defending, Ozil should take the whole blame for allowing the goal scorer run past him while he was jogging. Why the guy feels that tracking back is beneath him is beyond me. He caused that goal and I know for certain that if he was still in the match, Brighton would have scored more goals. The guy is stubborn and doesn't want to change, he should be sold even if it will be a loss financially. I hate his attitude as players who give their all will ask themselves how such a lazy player earns three times their salary.
.......Lacazette was taken off because of potential injury, if he gets injured, we are down to one striker and with the rush of games coming up, we can kiss top four goodbye. I feel we should be patient with Emery and see out this season no matter where we end up. COYG
honestly no one should blame Emery,apart from that old foolish right back he brought.
His players really improved us so the board should give him fund to buy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:25am On Dec 27, 2018
I thought they said Auba/laca starting together guarantee goalsssssssss...

Ozil behind them..will be assisting 3 goals like that kyle walker peters of spurs did yesterday?...

Well, I maintain that getting in 2 world class,fast,dribbling, running wingers beside Auba or Laca( as CF) will get us unlocking defence and goals..

Ozil is my real G,but this current premier league isn't for him,he will thrive In a barca,PSG team,where brain and techniques is a major requirement .

We need to move on him with a fekir,Alcantara,depay,Tolliso,carzola,isco or any hardworking,strong,with good shooting ability ..who will be a constant menace to the opposition defence.

Leicester didn't win the league with big name players, rather with Rugged men,running, tackling, shooting and dieing on the pitch.

Also Xhaka,Elneny,Kolasinac are not mobile enough, they need to watch how robertson,nabi keita and winaldum runs all day.

We can still manage mustafi,holding,sokratis,bellerin and monreal...the defence is still fair enough.

My frustration is our attack, Good wingers with any of our strikers at CF position is enough to kill games at half time..

Hopefully, Emery gets supported with funds over the next few season, else I'm outta this FC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 11:30am On Dec 27, 2018
sod09:
don't write off this arsenal team that is one thing I learnt this season

Bro, I'm just being honest. Before the season start, I predicted Arsenal to finish in a Europa league spot. Mainly because of the caliber of players we have, which is coupled with the fact that Arsenal will not recruit massively (quality) to add depth to the team.

If Arsenal qualifies for the Champions league via the league, then it is an amazing an achievement. But I don't see it happening ( I hope they prove me wrong tho).

Our only viable route is the Europa league. Anything can happened in a cup competition.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 11:42am On Dec 27, 2018
Emery has succeeded in killing our club o. Imagine Iwobi was confused after coming on yesterday. He didn't even know the formation they were playing or where the club is headed. Abasi mbong! #EmeryOut cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
MrDojo:

Bro, I'm just being honest. Before the season start, I predicted Arsenal to finish in a Europa league spot. Mainly because of the caliber of players we have, which is coupled with the fact that Arsenal will not recruit massively (quality) to add depth to the team.

If Arsenal qualifies for the Champions league via the league, then it is an amazing an achievement. But I don't see it happening ( I hope they prove me wrong tho).

Our only viable route is the Europa league. Anything can happened in a cup competition.
yeah right everything depends on this January transfer.
I don't see why we can't win Europa

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2018
4cking Iwobi angry Am sure he slept in Soho overnight before coming to the stadium.

He wasn't even aware of the damn formation being played yesterday. And that explains why our game went downhill from the moment he was introduced into the match

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 1:10pm On Dec 27, 2018
Lmao. In one corner of London, the players are mentally confused.
In another corner, the players no dey sabi their own formation.

grin grin

Iss like London is the capital of comedy central these days!!

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:24pm On Dec 27, 2018
BlueRayDick:
4cking Iwobi angry Am sure he slept in Soho overnight before coming to the stadium.

He wasn't even aware of the damn formation being played yesterday. And that explains why our game went downhill from the moment he was introduced into the match
the guy should be sacked immediately,imagine going to an interview with out knowing your job specification.
No wonder he was running like an headless chicken

Does anyone know what Steve Bould bring to the team, this man was a defender ffs
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 6:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
sod09:
the guy should be sacked immediately,imagine going to an interview with out knowing your job specification.
No wonder he was running like an headless chicken

Does anyone know what Steve Bould bring to the team, this man was a defender ffs

...... Yesterday's match was a nightmare everyone looked out of sorts..... let's see how Saturday goes; although the line-up will determine if I will watch the match or not.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:14pm On Dec 27, 2018
solomonbrown64:

...... Yesterday's match was a nightmare everyone looked out of sorts..... let's see how Saturday goes; although the line-up will determine if I will watch the match or not.
forget it bro
I won't be surprised to see same line up.
We don't have squad depth,too many injuries
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 6:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
sod09:
forget it bro
I won't be surprised to see same line up.
We don't have squad depth,too many injuries
Well, he saw yesterday's match and he witnessed how everything went. He will come up with something regardless of the injuries; the match won't be one sided, that's for sure.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:04pm On Dec 27, 2018
solomonbrown64:

Well, he saw yesterday's match and he witnessed how everything went. He will come up with something regardless of the injuries; the match won't be one sided, that's for sure.

One thing I noticed in Emery is the fact that he learns from experience. He always learn from mistakes and am sure he knew he gaffed almost all the substitutions he made yesterday.

I also noticed he doesn't go about smashing water bottles, kicking at chairs or fumbling with his zipper when his team is trailing behind. Instead, he keeps charging them up and keeps encouraging them.

I watched him keenly yesterday and observed despite the match not going his way he was still trying the players to do better. I belive with the right set of players he will get in the transfer window to replace the dead weight in the team ẹ should do really well for us
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:08pm On Dec 27, 2018
BlueRayDick:

One thing I noticed in Emery is the fact that he learns from experience. He always learn from mistakes and am sure he knew he gaffed almost all the substitutions he made yesterday.

I also noticed he doesn't go about smashing water bottles, kicking at chairs or fumbling with his zipper when his team is trailing behind. Instead, he keeps charging them up and keeps encouraging them.

I watched him keenly yesterday and observed despite the match not going his way he was still trying the players to do better. I belive with the right set of players he will get in the transfer window to replace the dead weight in the team ẹ should do really well for us
tah
He has been charged for kicking bottles grin grin,nothing actually changed though
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by nihilistjnr: 8:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
BlueRayDick:

I also noticed he doesn't go about smashing water bottles, kicking at chairs
or fumbling with his zipper when his team is trailing behind. Instead, he keeps charging them up and keeps encouraging them.

Apollo dey your eye abi?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:58pm On Dec 27, 2018
nihilistjnr:

Apollo dey your eye abi?

Na foolish Ìwobi cos Dat one. No vex

(1) (2) (3) ... (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) ... (3470) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.