Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2297518 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1365) (1366) (1367) (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) ... (3476) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 11:37pm On Feb 04, 2019
Lana1:
They might just need to bring back Wenger to salvage things. grin
grin
Wenger bawo grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by LoRdCaT(m): 1:36am On Feb 05, 2019
Lana1:
They might just need to bring back Wenger to salvage things. grin
They really need wengay grin grin #BBTW bring back their Wenger. grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ChristineC: 9:08am On Feb 05, 2019
PlainJAY:
From 4th to 6th just like that.

I tire for una.

didn't kick a ball - landed in 4th
kicked a ball - moved to 6th

isn't our God a good God?

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 12:26pm On Feb 05, 2019
so this useless club want to give Emery only £45 million in the summer undecided

I'm ashame of my club embarassed

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2019
kodded:
so this useless club want to give Emery only £45 million in the summer undecided

Make baba just come Africa,Spain and France, go search for talented lads,like how Wenger got hleb,sagna,rosckicky, Clichy,oxlade,lauren, eboue et all. Na wetin our situation warrant be that.

We kuku don get torreira&Matteo.

Sorry bro grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:08pm On Feb 05, 2019
kodded:

No American investor is going to invest too much in a heavily taxed socialized UK economy. American businessmen moguls are used to a capitalist economy where they pay very little tax and get a lot of profit with little or no government interference.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 5:35pm On Feb 05, 2019
Arseblog Arsecast: Behind the January Transfer Window with David Ornstein;

.....You guys should go over to Arseblog Twitter account to get the link to the podcast involving BBC correspondent - David Ornstein. The guy gave answers to questions asked by the fans.

..... Apparently, we have a transfer budget of £100m and Emery is keen on Rabiot as a possible replacement for Ramsey..... honestly, if we can grab him, I will be over the moon.
....So, we can all chill now about the John Cross's talk of £45m Transfer kitty in the summer. If there is anyone that has been correct about anything Arsenal, it's David Ornstein. That 100m coupled with a few sales and out of contract players freeing the wage bill and hopefully getting a champions league spot should see us do well in the transfer market come summer. COYG!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by odizeey(m): 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2019
Tomorrow is 6th of February.

Sweet SIXteen

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2019
pazienza:

Which Ozil? The same Ozil that was ineffective and useless against Cardiff and had to be substituted?
You guys should just stop insulting our intelligence with this constant excuses for Ozil. Initially it was said that Ozil needed top class strikers in front of him and not Giroud to shine. We have Auba and Laca, and Ozil is still toothless and feeble.

Ozil is a cancer to Arsenal, that his 350k is burning deep into us, considering that Kroenke will not loan us any free money to invest.

Ozil should go. Arsenal don't need Ozil.
Let me tell you.

Ozil is probably the biggest star in our squad. We know his weaknesses and also his strengths just as every other player. What Roland17 was saying is that we cannot afford to keep a player of Ozil's quality out of the team like he is useless.

Ozil is our best chance creator and assist agent. On his day he can make the difference. The job of the coach is to get the best out of him or simply let him go.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:18pm On Feb 05, 2019
Spy360:

Let me tell you.

Ozil is probably the biggest star in our squad. We know his weaknesses and also his strengths just as every other player. What Roland17 was saying is that we cannot afford to keep a player of Ozil's quality out of the team like he is useless.

Ozil is our best chance creator and assist agent. On his day he can make the difference. The job of the coach is to get the best out of him or simply let him go.

God bless you for this clarification. You understand my perspective.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:20pm On Feb 05, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Make baba just come Africa,Spain and France, go search for talented lads,like how Wenger got hleb,sagna,rosckicky, Clichy,oxlade,lauren, eboue et all. Na wetin our situation warrant be that.

We kuku don get torreira&Matteo.

Sorry bro grin
make he sell those oku aparo first
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 6:33pm On Feb 05, 2019
Spy360:

Let me tell you.

Can't you see we trying to get rid of Ozil, but the freeloader obviously don't want to go, as he isn't willing to cut his ridiculous weekly salary, seeing as not other top club is senseless enough like Arsenal, to offer such a weekly pay to an inconsistent, feeble and borderline useless player like Ozil?

Ozil doesn't create any Nada. He had been given enough time to be the top dog in this team, and countless times, he disappointed.

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kayusely70(m): 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2019
Roland17:

No American investor is going to invest too much in a heavily taxed socialized UK economy. American businessmen moguls are used to a capitalist economy where they pay very little tax and get a lot of profit with little or no government interference.
But both Liverpool and Man Utd are owned by Americans and they spend money to improve their squads, kronke is just stingy, miserly and greedy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 10:01am On Feb 06, 2019
kayusely70:
But both Liverpool and Man Utd are owned by Americans and they spend money to improve their squads, kronke is just stingy, miserly and greedy

Nah, Stan is not stingy. At all. Tge problem is that he does not give two fs about Arsenal. Do you know the amount of money he has spent on LA Rams? Nah, Nah.... The man is not stingy at all. The club is only unlucky to have an owner like him. Rest assured, the thunder that will fire him is still coming. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 10:11am On Feb 06, 2019
This Ozil argument is a very complicated one. But, the is that Ozil is not a modern football 10. The guy is an old school 10, those guys who do nothing but attack in a team. Unfortunately for him, football has evolved beyond that. Look at the 10's in other top clubs, then compare them to Ozil, it's doubtful that Ozil will bench anyone of them (based on current ability not past glory). I remember that United game, when Ozil was about to be introduced. I was fuming, while the other guy beside me was happy, he was like "it's about time he was introduced!"

At that moment, I told the guy " this Ozil you're cheering for, in a few minutes time you'll start cursing him".

And, Bam! The Pogba incident happened. See the way my guy was boiling. I was just there laughing, because I already expected it.

In modern they football, a player like Ozil is -1, unless the team is willing to spend heavily to cover his weakness (playing two defensive midfielders or having two midfielders who will carry his workload). Unfortunately, how many coaches will be willing to do that? When they can go for other 10s that are willing to put a shift in - like every other player.

Even if Ozil becomes a free agent today, I'm doubtful that the Top clubs in the world will come for him. Even if they do, will he be a starter in their team?

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BikeMan: 2:32pm On Feb 06, 2019
When Ozil was scoring one touch goal against Leceister during your unbeaten run una noh complain o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ORIJIN201(m): 2:57pm On Feb 06, 2019
Spy360:

Let me tell you.

Just leave everybody to be saying rubbish.
Put Messi in this current team and he will do nothing.
Everyone is just looking for a scape goat to shift blame on. Before it was Guen, now it’s Ozil that doesn’t kick a ball.
Pogba is a very good example. Even Fred and Matic were brought in to paper his cracks. I don’t know the useless modern day football we are talking about. When a good player is surrounded by clowns he won’t be effective. Look at shaqiri, would you believe he was in a relegated stoke team last year?
Y’all keep saying rubbish to suit your anger.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 4:27pm On Feb 06, 2019
ORIJIN201:
Everyone is just looking for a scape goat to shift blame on. Before it was Guen, now it’s Ozil that doesn’t kick a ball.
Pogba is a very good example. Even Fred and Matic were brought in to paper his cracks. I don’t know the useless modern day football we are talking about. When a good player is surrounded by clowns he won’t be effective. Look at shaqiri, would you believe he was in a relegated stoke team last year?

undecided undecided Oga, don't be sentimental. Do you think any top team in football, Right now, will sign Ozil to be their 10? He can't play for Barca, Madrid (the two of them), Bayern, Juve, PSG, City, Liverpool etc...

The shaqiri you are talking about has not been world class this season. Baba has been on the bench for most matches. A good player, but definitely not in the same category as the 'then' Ozil, who was renowned as a world class 10.

Although I don't like him, Pogba, but his case is different. The coach forced most of then to play out of position or a very defensive game, which made most of them look useless.

The 'cracks' in Pogba's game sef, are self inflicted, because Baba always want to show off unnecessary. If he becomes a focused player, he will be far, far better than he is currently.

You can't compare their situation to that of Ozil's. Wenger did everything humanly possible to make sure Ozil delivered 100%, but the guy failed to perform. And it is the same thing playing out again under Emery.

Nobody is looking for who to scapegoat. When a player plays well, we praise him. If he plays rubbish, we lash at him, too. Was Mustafi not a Rock in his first 6 months? So, should be start praising him because of those 6-months, forgetting all the pain and sorrow the man has caused?

Apart from the Leicester City match, call any other two matches where Ozil had dominant displays. Please don't run away ooo...

Positives of Ozil.
1. Good passer of the ball.
2. Create Chances (assists).
3. Scores some goals ( usually under 12 a season).
That's all.

Negatives of Ozil.
1. Horrible without the ball.
2. Disappears for large spells of the game.
3. Contributes nothing defensively.
4. Easily becomes frustrated when things aren't going his way.
5. Usually disappears against big teams (note the word usually)
6. Easily Targeted in most matches (since they know he gets frustrated easily. Which turn makes him useless for the reminder of that match).
7. Work rate (both on and off the ball is zero)

That's what I can remember for now.

Bros, talk true. How can we still afford to have such a player on our team?

Frimino was/is a 10, too. And, he is good offensively and defensively. Erkisen in Spurs, he can defend and attack. KDB, that one is baba on his own. David Silva that looks like dry bonga fish, can attack and defend, too.

Bro, please, what is Ozil's excuse?

A few seasons ago, we all praised Ozil,too. And if you think there is nothing like 'modern football' then I don't know what to say to you.

A player that is earning 350k should be giving us VVD, Salah, KDB, Hazard, Kun etc level of performance every match.

Bros, because you like a player does not mean you should be blind to the truth. I like Ozil, too. But, he can never, I repeat, never start for me - if I was the manager.

We all have our own opinions. angry angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ORIJIN201(m): 4:54pm On Feb 06, 2019
MrDojo:

undecided undecided Oga, don't be sentimental. Do you think any top team in football, Right now, will sign Ozil to be their 10? He can't play for Barca, Madrid (the two of them), Bayern, Juve, PSG, City, Liverpool etc...

The shaqiri you are talking about has not been world class this season. Baba has been on the bench for most matches. A good player, but definitely not in the same category as the 'then' Ozil, who was renowned as a world class 10.

Although I don't like him, Pogba, but his case is different. The coach forced most of then to play out of position or a very defensive game, which made most of them look useless.

The 'cracks' in Pogba's game sef, are self inflicted, because Baba always want to show off unnecessary. If he becomes a focused player, he will be far, far better than he is currently.

You can't compare their situation to that of Ozil's. Wenger did everything humanly possible to make sure Ozil delivered 100%, but the guy failed to perform. And it is the same thing playing out again under Emery.

Nobody is looking for who to scapegoat. When a player plays well, we praise him. If he plays rubbish, we lash at him, too. Was Mustafi not a Rock in his first 6 months? So, should be start praising him because of those 6-months, forgetting all the pain and sorrow the man has caused?

Apart from the Leicester City match, call any other two matches where Ozil had dominant displays. Please don't run away ooo...

Positives of Ozil.
That's all.

Negatives of Ozil.
6. Easily Targeted in most matches (since they know he gets frustrated easily. Which turn makes him useless for the reminder of that match).

Frimino was/is a 10, too. And, he is good offensively and defensively. Erkisen in Spurs, he can defend and attack. KDB, that one is baba on his own. David Silva that looks like dry bonga fish, can attack and defend, too.

A few seasons ago, we all praised Ozil,too. And if you think there is nothing like 'modern football' then I don't know what to say to you.

A player that is earning 350k should be giving us VVD, Salah, KDB, Hazard, Kun etc level of performance every match.

Bros, because you like a player does not mean you should be blind to the truth. I like Ozil, too. But, he can never, I repeat, never start for me - if I was the manager.

I'm not a football Einstein like you people.
How many matches has he played this season? And what style of play does Arsenal play? Teams you've mentioned all press from the front. Does your fellow Arsenal do the same? Ozil will stroll into any top team in the world and play because these teams have top players doing their job in their positions. Does Messi a number 10 defend? Does he? Our style of play is loose the ball and fall back not press. All successful teams press but our dear Arsenal doesn't. Truth, you'll need players that are able to play a game like this. How many does Arsenal have?

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
ORIJIN201:
Carzola,rosckiy stood out,and are mostly man of the match no matter how weak the team or performance is.
Shaqiri showed what he's made of despite being surrounded by bad bunch. Ozil is old school and got finished for top level after the world cup.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:15pm On Feb 06, 2019
MrDojo:

Positives of Ozil.
That's all.

Negatives of Ozil.

How dare you finish my ozil like this, you are a bad pelson angry cry

God bless the ozil the world used to know and love, even Rooney begged SAF to bring him to utd, Germans love him,voted best German for 7 yrs consecutively.

I've loved him since the 2010 world cup, I was over the moon when we got him, even he's not what we needed then.

I remembered how I purposely played football in 2014, like ozil, my guys nicked me ozil. I love the dude, cool,religious, pretty face cheesy, and smooth going.

Sadly, his time is up, he played from 2010 to 2017/18...

He can't play the modern game style again,we have to move him on, but respect the dude. He's a baba. grin

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ORIJIN201(m): 11:29pm On Feb 06, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Carzola,rosckiy stood out,and are mostly man of the match no matter how weak the team or performance is.
Shaqiri showed what he's made of despite being surrounded by bad bunch. Ozil is old school and got finished for top level after the world cup.
and what did they win for you?
You mentioned 2 injury prone players that will play one match in a season and spend the rest of the season on a wheelchair.
Like I said earlier, football is a team game. Relying on a player to carry the team and later blaming the player when the whole team is Shyte is hypocrisy.
Liverpool had Suarez but he couldn't win them the league despite scoring goals. Why? Because he was surrounded with Shyte players. He went to Barca where world class players existed and won everything. Why couldn't he win the world cup? Why Messi couldn't win the world cup? Because these guys were surrounded by Shyte players in their national team. Look at France, look at Belgium.
Y'all keep scapegoating a player that has been on the bench for the entire season instead of looking at the real problem. undecided
Edit
Someone said Ozil is easily targeted In matches, why is that? It's simple: he is the only one that can produce what a top class player would. Instead of his fellow teammates to protect him, nah. Those ones go dey do their normal rubbish for pitch.
Why did Germany crash out of the world cup? Kroos was always targeted and marked out in the games, and Khedira and the likes offered him no protection.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:45am On Feb 07, 2019
Talk all you can, ayam sha happy that the Patriots beat the hell outta LA Rams. 13-3 was the final score. SuperBowl tinz.

if you know, you know.

that stadium is something else.

When last did Arsenal even buy a ready made African? or a young footballer playing in the epl? Can Arsenal get an African defender whose frame of mind will be to prove he is good and increase his worth, sinc the club wouldnt sweat to buy him?

Pls who else noticed that

Arsene was similar to club name Arsenal?

Now we have Emery similar to Emirates.

Yeye, The Fortune teller of this club should kukuma let them employ Ole Gunnar next since its similar with Gunners.

Cant believe its Josh Kroenke that picked Emery. Stan's son.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:29am On Feb 07, 2019
ORIJIN201:
You mentioned 2 injury prone players that will play one match in a season and spend the rest of the season on a wheelchair.
Like I said earlier, football is a team game. Relying on a player to carry the team and later blaming the player when the whole team is Shyte is hypocrisy.
Liverpool had Suarez but he couldn't win them the league despite scoring goals. Why? Because he was surrounded with Shyte players. He went to Barca where world class players existed and won everything. Why couldn't he win the world cup? Why Messi couldn't win the world cup? Because these guys were surrounded by Shyte players in their national team. Look at France, look at Belgium.
Y'all keep scapegoating a player that has been on the bench for the entire season instead of looking at the real problem. undecided
Edit
Someone said Ozil is easily targeted In matches, why is that? It's simple: he is the only one that can produce what a top class player would. Instead of his fellow teammates to protect him, nah. Those ones go dey do their normal rubbish for pitch.
Why did Germany crash out of the world cup? Kroos was always targeted and marked out in the games, and Khedira and the likes offered him no protection.
I'm not blaming the entire teams failure on Ozil,like some are doing for Matteo..
I meant no matter how bad your teammates are, A player of Ozil's calibre is expected to put up a performance that will make him outstanding from the bad bunch..

I mentioned Carzola and Rosciky because, no matter how bad the game Or season went, they most times are the ones who could lift their head up,applaud fans and be proud of their display.

I remembered a game at old Trafford in Santi's first season, he was running, crossing, shooting and eventually scored a beautiful goal,we lost 2 vs 1, carzola won the motm even ahead of the utd men.

Roscky & carzola didn't win much laurels, but they are like Viera and Pires in the heart of most fans.

The last game at city where everyone was poor, Matteo and Torreira stood out, and have been receiving praise here and there since Sunday.

Sanchez,Suarez were also like that,but ozil hardly is and can even be the worst among the bad bunch.

We aren't saying he should turn a magician and cover the mess of the team,but at least let's be able to say " oh what a bad performance, only ozil and so so stood out.

Ozil isn't alone on this for me, I lash Aubameyang to, as an experienced, expensive big name player, fans look up to you to drive and push the entire team up, whatever then happens, we can then say, he did all he could but was let down by the mediocre teammates.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:49am On Feb 07, 2019
ORIJIN201:
Edit

What exactly are you saying? So many incorrect statement in one post.

Carzola was voted Arsenal's best Arsenal player in his first season at Arsenal. He didn't start getting injured until 2015. So how you came to the conclusion that he plays one match and gets injured the next match baffles me.( If still in doubt, Google search Santi Carzola and read about his Arsenal career)

You talk about football being a team sport but we've seen where Messi jogs on the touch line and Diego Simeone starts feeling uneasy knowing fully well the havoc the little argentine would wreak should his team not close the game before he comes on. And sure messi did turned the game around.

I really need to understand your drift about world class player and all....because I can't point out to any world class player in Leicester prior to them winning the league. We saw Mahrez fight.and win balls even against big 4. Yet our own ozil won't ever contest the ball when it's in mid air.

Ozil may be an intelligent player who knows when to nick a pass for an offensive player to make a run, but just like the guy said unfortunately ozil can't adapt to the modern day number 10 role. Nobody has time to be protecting you up the pitch. You've seen David Sylva play under PEP, the once skinny guy now tackles viciously. You won't catch him strolling on the pitch.

When defending ozil offers nothing. Even dem.Wilshere trumps him on that. The truth is in modern day football you will always need to defend. Even if you are number 1 and your opponent is committed to relegation zone there are times you need to defend and at times like that ozil is practically useless. I've seen him used his eyes to mark an opposing player without moving from one spot and it vexes my soul.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:58am On Feb 07, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Ozil isn't alone on this for me, I lash Aubameyang to, as an experienced, expensive big name player, fans look up to you to drive and push the entire team up, whatever then happens, we can then say, he did all he could but was let down by the mediocre teammates.

Ask whoever the 4ck our sporting director is and he will tell you Auba was bought to score goals Giroud has always been missing; trust me he's doing just that.

Everyone knows he wasn't purchased to be driving the team upandan. He's never done that before now. He's been a goal scorer and yes he's been that at Arsenal.He is a goal behind Salah the last season's highest goal scorer and epl player of the year. Why you think he should be driving the team when the coach has not assigned him that role baffles me

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:16am On Feb 07, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Ask whoever the 4ck our sporting director is and he will tell you Auba was bought to score goals Giroud has always been missing; trust me he's doing just that.

Everyone knows he wasn't purchased to be driving the team upandan. He's never done that before now. He's been a goal scorer and yes he's been that at Arsenal.He is a goal behind Salah the last season's highest goal scorer and epl player of the year. Why you think he should be driving the team when the coach has not assigned him that role baffles me
Then ozil should be spared also, he's had the best assist and chance created stat, so why are they criticizing him, as a 10, your main duty is to assist and create chances, and ozil has done v.well on that front.
It it not his fault if the forwards can't finish it off, not his fault for goal keepers and defensive errors, not his duty to start tackling and winning ball back.

He broke the record of most chance created in a season, 2nd most all time assist in English football's history 19, behind Henri's 20..

And if ozil will be blamed for not doing enough, then Auba shouldn't be spared, fans everywhere claim Auba is USELESS without laca, then ozil should be excused for being useless without a Sanchez with him on pitch..

My argument is this, football today especially in Englad has passed " just go there and score,or go and create chances etc"

Players are expected to multitask on the pitch, Auba shouldn't be waiting for tap ins for the entire game, if the cut backs are not coming or are being intercepted, then drift to middle or wing, change dynamics,confuse opposition, try new stuffs like, shooting from outside,win fouls and penalties, hold the ball up for others to run in the box.

Its not every game you get those easy chances,that's why he seems useless in most big games, from the first half I know he will be -1 and won't score.

I'm not after highest goal scorer or assist trophy,be a team player, and stop restricting your task to just scoring or assisting that won't reflect on the team.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:11am On Feb 07, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Then ozil should be spared also, he's had the best assist and chance created stat, so why are they criticizing him, as a 10, your main duty is to assist and create chances, and ozil has done v.well on that front.
It it not his fault if the forwards can't finish it off, not his fault for goal keepers and defensive errors, not his duty to start tackling and winning ball back.

He broke the record of most chance created in a season, 2nd most all time assist in English football's history 19, behind Henri's 20..

And if ozil will be blamed for not doing enough, then Auba shouldn't be spared, fans everywhere claim Auba is USELESS without laca, then ozil should be excused for being useless without a Sanchez with him on pitch..

My argument is this, football today especially in Englad has passed " just go there and score,or go and create chances etc"

Players are expected to multitask on the pitch, Auba shouldn't be waiting for tap ins for the entire game, if the cut backs are not coming or are being intercepted, then drift to middle or wing, change dynamics,confuse opposition, try new stuffs like, shooting from outside,win fouls and penalties, hold the ball up for others to run in the box.

Its not every game you get those easy chances,that's why he seems useless in most big games, from the first half I know he will be -1 and won't score.

I'm not after highest goal scorer or assist trophy,be a team player, and stop restricting your task to just scoring or assisting that won't reflect on the team.

I really don't understand what you want from Auba. He scored a beauty against Tottenham and we all praised him for that. He's second on the epl highest goal scorers with 15 goals and 4 assists. You are just being unfair talking about tapping in goals and all. Obviously you've been watching the wrong player all year round. I suggest you head to YouTube and watch a video of all his Arsenal goals and confirm if they are all tap-ins and see if those so called fans that believe he's nothing without Lacazette aren't just being foolish.

Auba like other strikers hard press defenders when he's not with the ball to force them miskick the ball towards our midfielders.

You talk about Ozil breaking assist record and all, yet he was let go by real Madrid. He broke same record here and has since diminished in form. We are talking about the present you are talking about the past. The guy agreed with you ozil was a beauty to behold but can't play the mordern day 10. He pointed out typical modern day number 10 to you in teams doing quite well now but you decide to stick with ozil of the past.

The truth is ozil has shown again and again that he can't hold his own when the team is in the defensive and most modern day coaches including Emery are not cool with that.

I wonder what you mean by that your last paragraph. Perhaps you see Giroud as a team player and Auba otherwise. Smh. So would rather your striker keep passing to team mates like Giroud does instead of scoring himself.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:29am On Feb 07, 2019
BlueRayDick:

I really don't understand what you want from Auba. He scored a beauty against Tottenham and we all praised him for that. He's second on the epl highest goal scorers with 15 goals and 4 assists. You are just being unfair talking about tapping in goals and all. Obviously you've been watching the wrong player all year round. I suggest you head to YouTube and watch a video of all his Arsenal goals and confirm if they are all tap-ins and see if those so called fans that believe he's nothing without Lacazette aren't just being foolish.

Auba like other strikers hard press defenders when he's not with the ball to force them miskick the ball towards our midfielders.

You talk about Ozil breaking assist record and all, yet he was let go by real Madrid. He broke same record here and has since diminished in form. We are talking about the present you are talking about the past. The guy agreed with you ozil was a beauty to behold but can't play the mordern day 10. He pointed out typical modern day number 10 to you in teams doing quite well now but you decide to stick with ozil of the past.

The truth is ozil has shown again and again that he can't hold his own when the team is in the defensive and most modern day coaches including Emery are not cool with that.

I wonder what you mean by that your last paragraph. Perhaps you see Giroud as a team player and Auba otherwise. Smh. So would rather your striker keep passing to team mates like Giroud does instead of scoring himself.
I'm not supporting ozil nor am I against Auba..
Giroud and sanago will score tap ins to.

Personally, I don't like their style of play in modern day football, maybe in 2012 I could have.

I'm sure if ozil has like 15 assist to his name with poor his usual slow empty performances, everyone would have been on his side, Auba's saving grace has been the goals either tap or shoulder in.

That's the funny thing about life,no one cares about your effort, so far they see result all your sins are forgiven.

I noticed Auba's style of just wanting for service to score and I started having some worries, some fans have started seeing this to, but we can hardly win the argument since he scores.

Often times I see remarks from pundits and fans saying " Auba didn't do anything apart from the goal
similar to when ozil had the 19 assist, comments like "ozil had a quiet game but had an assist and gbam they rate him 7.

As for me Laca ahead of Auba in the CF position.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 11:11am On Feb 07, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Personally, I don't like their style of play in modern day football, maybe in 2012 I could have.

I'm sure if ozil has like 15 assist to his name with poor his usual slow empty performances, everyone would have been on his side, Auba's saving grace has been the goals either tap or shoulder in.

That's the funny thing about life,no one cares about your effort, so far they see result all your sins are forgiven.

I noticed Auba's style of just wanting for service to score and I started having some worries, some fans have started seeing this to, but we can hardly win the argument since he scores.

Often times I see remarks from pundits and fans saying " Auba didn't do anything apart from the goal
similar to when ozil had the 19 assist, comments like "ozil had a quiet game but had an assist and gbam they rate him 7.

Bro, honestly, which side are you on here? Auba doesn't do anything, really? Has he ever been the dribbling kind of striker or you just don't know him? Auba has always been about scoring but even he is now trying to add something new to his game. He tracks back most of the times and even put on tackles. Go check his stats for this season and see for yourself. He was on Hazard when we played them last, winning several tackles against him. Auba is not as lazy as Ozil and still most of the times gets the job done.
......He is only a goal behind Salah in the EPL despite the latter's blatant divings these days. Auba has 26 goals to his name in less than 40 games and that's in less than 2full seasons. That's the fastest ever goal - match ratio in our club's history and yet you complain about him. What else do you want from the guy? If it wasn't for our terrible defense this season, his goals would have surely made us title contenders. I really don't understand how some of you see football though......

....Lacazette that's always been mentioned by everyone has been here for a while but it's obvious he is not a goal scoring striker in the same league as the Agueros and Kane's of this world, hence the reason Wenger had to go for Auba. Lacazette is the master of all kind of players that excel in nothing specific. It's pretty clear to everyone one that if you want goals, you go for Auba... it's that simple.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:12am On Feb 07, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Well, seems the coach likes Auba's playing style and it seems he is happy with his contributions which may be the reason he gets more playing time than any forward player in the team
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 12:14pm On Feb 07, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Well, seems the coach likes Auba's playing style and it seems he is happy with his contributions which may be the reason he gets more playing time than any forward player in the team
obviously, Auba has been the scorer and any coach will use him.
The best of him can be gotten by surrounding him with creative wingers and a good no10. Else he will be useless..
But laca on the other hand, not much a scorer, but an all rounda forward who could score,build up and assist.

Let's say with
Auba 25 goals, 5 assists.
Laca 20 goals, 7 assist and 5 build up.

Good forwards, hope we get best of them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1365) (1366) (1367) (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) ... (3476) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.