Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2296572 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1440) (1441) (1442) (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) ... (3475) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:02am On Apr 26, 2019
Jodera:

Lol...he crossed my mind, but we need to be realistic. With such a high wage and duration of contract, who we go fit maga ?
Lol
sell him to turkey besikas,fenebache or gala for 25-30m
He should be comfortable with their game play there and they will worship him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:03am On Apr 26, 2019
Same with mustafi we have had enough of these Germans cross breed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 11:06am On Apr 26, 2019
[quote author=Jodera post=77867906][/quote]

Exactly.
Sign him and use under 23 games to build up his confidence level.
If he proves too good for U23s by the way outstanding performance (goals, dribbles, assists), them promote him to senior team ASAP.
Iwobi is a waste of space.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 11:10am On Apr 26, 2019
Fkhalifa:
Laca is among the last of the few players I'll sell,he's got heart,fighting spirit and strength, doesn't hide in most big games and moments. His goals against the big sides are good proofs (Chelsea,utd,Liverpool, city spurs, Atlectico,Napoli)
Auba gives you goals while Lacazzete wins you points, he is this Firmino type of striker, he contributes to the team goals scored.
He's either assisting,creating chances,pre assisting, scoring,winning you penalties and free kicks.
With quality wingers and AM, Auba will score loads of goals,but with Laca everyone around him can score the same no as his.
I agree with the rest of your points especially 8,9&10 except 3, Iwobi can be a good squad understudy player behind Zaha.

You are spot on with the Laca-Firmino comparison.

We just need to get Laca a Mane and Salah and we would have a good front line.

Deulofeu and Zaha can do this job for us.

Iwobi is hopeless. He will never grow past his current level. He doesn't show improvement in his flaws game after game, which is a good pointer to the possibility that he his either not working hard enough to overcome them, or that he isn't capable of overcoming them.
We were here with Walcott, waiting for a player to overcome a major flaw standing between him and being top class, and waiting in vain in the end.

Better cut our loss now. Iwobi has gotten his chance for 3 seasons now and yet no sign of progression. Look at Sane and Sterling and tell me the difference.
Let's not get stuck on Iwobi and miss out on upcoming talents Like Wenger did with the likes of Gibbs, Walcott, Wilshere and co.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:14am On Apr 26, 2019
sod09:
sell him to turkey besikas,fenebache or gala for 25-30m
He should be comfortable with their game play there and they will worship him
Yeah...that's true. But what about his contract?
Would he wanna earn less there when he's still young in his contract. Na Alexis situation we dey o, the only difference btw us and man u b say we dey use am, while man u can't just use him.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:25am On Apr 26, 2019
Fkhalifa:

I also feel he can, his team at Sevilla was quality, hard working and technical.I want to see him bring his players before I conclude.
He might tried to drill the boys,but they don't have the energy to do it a whole year.
Guen started as someone who's got heart,takes risk and ready to Man the team,but seems to have been infected by his seniors with fearfulness and laziness, only if had quality leaders to build him up. Forgot how Bellerin,Iwobi and Chambers started? Now fans want them out.No leaders!
I hope Emery and scouts can be and bring those unpopular good players before they get too expensive.
Yeah... I think your post sums it up. We lack strong leaders. That's why I dey call dem fine girls. How I wish sokratis was young and koscienly, those two would have been the foundation of future leaders in our team. All this xhaka, ozil, mkhi, no be am at all. With a young holding, kos, and sokratis I feel our team will improve tremendously in mentality. Can't forget how holding stood up to d.Costa at the fa cup final, until now, I've not seen someone (even kos) who have stood up to an aggressive striker like that. All these smiling faces on pitch suppose to reduce. E get some sitters strikers go miss for match, your teammates suppose dey caution you...but arsenal, na smile all d players (both the person that miss and his teammates) go dey smile. No anger, nothing.
See wolves game, nobody even thought of taking the bull by the horn till nketiah came in. Just doing same thing over and over but expecting different result. No urgency at all. Mehn e dey pain me sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:31am On Apr 26, 2019
pazienza:

Exactly.
Sign him and use under 23 games to build up his confidence level.
If he proves too good for U23s by the way outstanding performance (goals, dribbles, assists), them promote him to senior team ASAP.
Iwobi is a waste of space.
Lol...he's still young. The only mistake I feel is that he's our first team player. Other than that he's a good squad player. By the time him dey bench 2-3 seasons more after a more prolific winger dey him role, nobody go tellam to improve. At that will be for arsenal benefit. If this guy goes to another club and improve on his scoring, arsenal might regret it o.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2019
Jodera:

Yeah...that's true. But what about his contract?
Would he wanna earn less there when he's still young in his contract. Na Alexis situation we dey o, the only difference btw us and man u b say we dey use am, while man u can't just use him.
that's why I used turkey.
They should pay him any amount abeg grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
.....I still insist we sell Lacazette if the right price comes. I know he is a fan favourite but it's the sad truth. The guy doesn't have the natural instinct of a striker and lacks positioning and doesn't finish the few chances he gets. He scores great goals no doubt but he is a home kind of player and that isn't good enough for a team wanting to win the league or compete in the champions League.

.....We can't have two elite strikers fighting for one spot, it won't work. It's why they usually insist on playing together as Laca is more of a second striker but that combination has barely produced goals. By the time we get two good wingers, one of them is bound to leave anyway, and my money is on Lacazette. Auba's pace with two wingers is any manager's dream. Cash out now and build our team. Those deadwoods we have will barely fetch us 35m in total and I doubt if we will sell Chambers; we need a capable backup for Torreira and the English quota system will come into play too.
Ozil is highly unlikely to leave; we screwed ourselves with that one so except we want to go through another season with an "unbalanced squad" we need to sell one of those strikers and get a cheap capable one and use the remaining money somewhere. It's just logical.

..... We need to be ruthless; the time of fan favourite and hoping players come good is why we are where we are today. Klopp and Guardiola came in and cleanse the squad because they wanted players with their vision of play. If Auba is the one to be sacrifice I could care less; Arsenal is the goal here and not any player. We must get back to the top.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2019
solomonbrown64:
.....I still insist we sell Lacazette if the right price comes. I know he is a fan favourite but it's the sad truth. The guy doesn't have the natural instinct of a striker and lacks positioning and doesn't finish the few chances he gets. He scores great goals no doubt but he is a home kind of player and that isn't good enough for a team wanting to win the league or compete in the champions League.

.....We can't have two elite strikers fighting for one spot, it won't work. It's why they usually insist on playing together as Laca is more of a second striker but that combination has barely produced goals. By the time we get two good wingers, one of them is bound to leave anyway, and my money is on Lacazette. Auba's pace with two wingers is any manager's dream. Cash out now and build our team. Those deadwoods we have will barely fetch us 35m in total and I doubt if we will sell Chambers; we need a capable backup for Torreira and the English quota system will come into play too.
Ozil is highly unlikely to leave; we screwed ourselves with that one so except we want to go through another season with an "unbalanced squad" we need to sell one of those strikers and get a cheap capable one and use the remaining money somewhere. It's just logical.

..... We need to be ruthless; the time of fan favourite and hoping players come good is why we are where we are today. Klopp and Guardiola came in and cleanse the squad because they wanted players with their vision of play. If Auba is the one to be sacrifice I could care less; Arsenal is the goal here and not any player. We must get back to the top.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2019
The above is what I saw on Chelsea thread. More reason why lacazette should not be sold. Both of them can fight for that spot, and be evenly rotating it. After all they are both "good friends" right?...let dem do healthy competition
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:56pm On Apr 26, 2019
Jodera:
The above is what I saw on Chelsea thread. More reason why lacazette should not be sold. Both of them can fight for that spot, and be evenly rotating it. After all they are both "good friends" right?...let dem do healthy competition

....Bro, Arsenal is not Facebook, they can still be friends elsewhere. Right now, we need fund and our self-sustain model will not make up compete with the big boys. Sell one of them and use the money somewhere whether on a top centre back or a class winger. Mancity have Aguero and Jesus, Liverpool; Firmino and Origi, Chelsea; Higuain and Giroud, Tottenham; Kane and Llorente, Barcelona; Suarez and I don't know, Madrid; Benzema and someone, PSG; Cavani and someone. No top club have two world class strikers fighting for one position; its usually wingers doing that for top teams. Having two world class strikers and here we are still behind those with only one. I know that's not the only problem in our team but a toothless attack especially in our away games put immense pressure on the defense and we usually crack.

..... We don't need two of them, sell one and bring class players in vital positions abeg. Right now, we barely have a defense with two old men leading the lines. A midfield without a single technical player and not a singer winger talk more of an average one and yet we have a 100+ strike force, where will the service come from? Most of our assists have come from cutbacks usually with the aid of fullbacks. We have a dead squad and yet little money to buy good ones. Sell one of them but my preference is Lacazette. We need goals and Auba is a goal machine.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:18pm On Apr 26, 2019
solomonbrown64:

....Bro, Arsenal is not Facebook, they can still be friends elsewhere. Right now, we need fund and our self-sustain model will not make up compete with the big boys. Sell one of them and use the money somewhere whether on a top centre back or a class winger. Mancity have Aguero and Jesus, Liverpool; Firmino and Origi, Chelsea; Higuain and Giroud, Tottenham; Kane and Llorente, Barcelona; Suarez and I don't know, Madrid; Benzema and someone, PSG; Cavani and someone. No top club have two world class strikers fighting for one position; its usually wingers doing that for top teams. Having two world class strikers and here we are still behind those with only one. I know that's not the only problem in our team but a toothless attack especially in our away games put immense pressure on the defense and we usually crack.

..... We don't need two of them, sell one and bring class players in vital positions abeg. Right now, we barely have a defense with two old men leading the lines. A midfield without a single technical player and not a singer winger talk more of an average one and yet we have a 100+ strike force, where will the service come from? Most of our assists have come from cutbacks usually with the aid of fullbacks. We have a dead squad and yet little money to buy good ones. Sell one of them but my preference is Lacazette. We need goals and Auba is a goal machine.
Lol @ arsenal is not Facebook! Tho I get your point sha. But if they were to put both in market for one to go, then of course, it'll be auba. Cos of age wise. Also, pazienza or fkhalifa have explained the attributes of lacazette and I totally agree with him. Auba can be useless like ozil and mkhi in a tight-tensed match. Tho, like you said, with effective wingers like he had in Dortmund, he will excel, so I get your point. Tho I feel we're privileged having to strikers and we shouldn't jeopardize that.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 10:26pm On Apr 26, 2019
solomonbrown64:

Teams who have two strong wingers don't usually depend on a striker to score lots of goals. You just need a creative, non selfish striker who can score a decent amount of goals and Lacaztte firs the bill.
Look at Firmino at Liverpool.

Auba is wasteful , non creative and aging. If I were to sell one of our strikers, he would and should be the one.
Can you believe we are busy fighting for top 4 status and Auba decided he should get a sinus surgery, which is exactly why he wasn't an option against Wolves. A surgery that could probably wait till after season. Where is the commitment?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:55am On Apr 27, 2019
pazienza:

Teams who have two strong wingers don't usually depend on a striker to score lots of goals. You just need a creative, non selfish striker who can score a decent amount of goals and Lacaztte firs the bill.
Look at Firmino at Liverpool.

Auba is wasteful , non creative and aging. If I were to sell one of our strikers, he would and should be the one.
Can you believe we are busy fighting for top 4 status and Auba decided he should get a sinus surgery, which is exactly why he wasn't an option against Wolves. A surgery that could probably wait till after season. Where is the commitment?

.....No man. Emery said that it was decided two weeks ago that he would miss the wolves game for the surgery. He is been on antibiotics and so hasn't really been himself. Commitment? Common, as much as he has a job, he has family too. He will be ready on Sunday or at least by Thursday.

....He seems to waste a lot of chances because he gets countless due to his positioning and making himself available despite the few chances created. He is good with that which is why despite his age, I would want him to stay. But either way, let's see what happens during the summer.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:03am On Apr 27, 2019
Jodera:

Lol @ arsenal is not Facebook! Tho I get your point sha. But if they were to put both in market for one to go, then of course, it'll be auba. Cos of age wise. Also, pazienza or fkhalifa have explained the attributes of lacazette and I totally agree with him. Auba can be useless like ozil and mkhi in a tight-tensed match. Tho, like you said, with effective wingers like he had in Dortmund, he will excel, so I get your point. Tho I feel we're privileged having to strikers and we shouldn't jeopardize that.

....Bro, forget age. Auba is faster and guarantees goals. He is still up with the best in terms of goals. Laca isn't very young too and he is not a player you can count on especially away, he is very inconsistent same with his partner but that one has goals to his name which is why he was bought anyway.
....Laca has ten assists this season which shows that either he likes dropping deep a lot which is due to the poor creativity of the team or the fact that he prefers that second striker role. Summer will tell but having two elite strikers and between both of them, they have only been able to score 31goals isn't good enough. I see it as a waste of precious resource.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:07am On Apr 27, 2019
....Cech is returning to Chelsea while Welbeck is linked to Newcastle. We really miss Welbeck with his pace, dribbling, heading and the very fact that he can shoot. He would have made that Left wing his own and not the rubbish Iwobi puts in. Shame that injury won't let him be.

.... Either way, the Exodus has started.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:11am On Apr 27, 2019
solomonbrown64:
....Cech is returning to Chelsea while Welbeck is linked to Newcastle. We really miss Welbeck with his pace, dribbling, heading and the very fact that he can shoot. He would have made that Left wing his own and not the rubbish Iwobi puts in. Shame that injury won't let him be.

.... Either way, the Exodus has started.
we should be glad,I'm waiting for ozil and mhki news too cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:14am On Apr 27, 2019
sod09:

....grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:21am On Apr 27, 2019
sod09:
grin grin grin
What I'm actually waiting for is the kind of players coming. I wish they'll be good, strong and technical.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:24am On Apr 27, 2019
solomonbrown64:

....Bro, forget age. Auba is faster and guarantees goals. He is still up with the best in terms of goals. Laca isn't very young too and he is not a player you can count on especially away, he is very inconsistent same with his partner but that one has goals to his name which is why he was bought anyway.
....Laca has ten assists this season which shows that either he likes dropping deep a lot which is due to the poor creativity of the team or the fact that he prefers that second striker role. Summer will tell but having two elite strikers and between both of them, they have only been able to score 31goals isn't good enough. I see it as a waste of precious resource.
Well said bro. And a valid opinion. But if it's my opinion, I'll prefer we keep both and they fight for that spot.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:28pm On Apr 27, 2019
3rd and 4th place opened again just like first and second
I won't be surprised if goal difference judge in the end

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kayusely70(m): 2:37pm On Apr 27, 2019
sod09:
Let us see if Arsenal dont squander the opportunity again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:41pm On Apr 27, 2019
kayusely70:
Let us see if Arsenal dont squander the opportunity again.
I hope they take advantage, 3 of those competing are still in Europe only manyoo

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Neimar: 2:53pm On Apr 27, 2019
on a more serious note

wetin arsenal dy go find for UCL

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 4:38pm On Apr 27, 2019
Seriously, if United Win Chelsea and we lose or fail to get maximum points from Leicester, then United will become the favorites for the fourth place again, seeing as they have useless Huddersfield and Cardiff city to play for last games.

Crazy season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 4:40pm On Apr 27, 2019
sod09:

4th place will be opened if United draws Chelsea. If Chelsea wind United, or United wins Chelsea and we fail to get a point from Leicester.
Then 4th place will not be within our control.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2019
pazienza:

4th place will be opened if United draws Chelsea. If Chelsea wind United, or United wins Chelsea and we fail to get a point from Leicester.
Then 4th place will not be within our control.
I am being greedy here,spurs lost and they looked tired
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Afobear: 6:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
sod09:
I am being greedy here,spurs lost and they looked tired

What's the use of going to champions league when you will be a wet nyash for the Barca's and Bayern's of the world ? Better pray to secure your Europa league spot

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 11:09am On Apr 28, 2019
..... Another four at the back with clowns, chai....we just have to be careful else another counter attack masterpiece awaits us today. Vardy will show us pepper if we play like we did on Wednesday.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ORIJIN201(m): 12:08pm On Apr 28, 2019
Oliver being oliver
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:16pm On Apr 28, 2019
I don't know what Emery is trying to proof with mustafi but I hope next season we don't see him here again

(1) (2) (3) ... (1440) (1441) (1442) (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) ... (3475) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.