Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2295197 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1479) (1480) (1481) (1482) (1483) (1484) (1485) ... (3470) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 8:22am On Jun 26, 2019
Btw, Spurs signing a player for £65m, a club record, while they just finished their stadium. Where is their stadium debt?
Ambition! Ambition! Ambition!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 8:34am On Jun 26, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Pep won the league in 3 different countries. He's won the UCL which Emery hasn't. When u say Klopp stood shoulder to shoulder with pep, u should define it. Is it in terms of cups won ? Or being runner up? Pep won 6 cups in a year....until Emery wins 3, he's not fit to be talked about in the same sentence with Pep.

By the way wenger was using these players and even lower quality players to make UCL qualification every year even when loserpool couldnt make it back then
Pep won it with league favorites and the most financially backed up team in the countries he's been to.
I assure you Emery will win bundisleagdown with bayern, win LA liga with barca or Madrid, serial with juve, EPL with city... in fact he will win all trophies in those countries.
He would have at least also won One UCL since 2009 till date.
Wenger had quality players in Carzola,Rosicky, (young kosc,sanchez,ozil, monreal,) worthy of making top4 when the league wasn't this competitive.
Wenger couldn't make top4 in his last 2/years.

I meant Klopp gave him stiff competition and the moment Money came to Klopp, he became the European champion.

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:35am On Jun 26, 2019
Akinbahm:
Btw, Spurs signing a player for £65m, a club record, while they just finished their stadium. Where is their stadium debt?
Ambition! Ambition! Ambition!

Shey Arsenal that paid £56m for us that u people are still complaining he doesn't score 38 goals in 38 games, na that one we go come sign £65m player..... grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:47am On Jun 26, 2019
Akinbahm:

Pep won it with league favorites and the most financially backed up team in the countries he's been to.
I assure you Emery will win bundisleagdown with bayern, win LA liga with barca or Madrid, serial with juve, EPL with city... in fact he will win all trophies in those countries.
He would have at least also won One UCL since 2009 till date.
Wenger had quality players in Carzola,Rosicky, (young kosc,sanchez,ozil, monreal,) worthy of making top4 when the league wasn't this competitive.
Wenger couldn't make top4 in his last 2/years.

I meant Klopp gave him stiff competition and the moment Money came to Klopp, he became the European champion.

I don't know how u come up with all these, but Emery playing the way he is presently won't win jack shiiit. He won't even know the right set of players to use at Man city. I can bet u he will keep playing dem Adarabioyo, Foden and co instead of playing the right set of players to do the job. At least we saw it with Guendouzi and how he is faring. grin

Humour me grin. emery will win the league at Madrid ? Its just like saying Tony Pulis will win the league with Athletico.

Stiff competition kor, slack championship ni. Klopp is a good coach no doubt, but he is guilty of the same thing u want to insinuate about pep. He was an under-achiver prior to spending money. Which means u need to spend money to compete in club football nowadays. At least we know none of his to players come cheap just like Pep. so forget all those stories.

By the way, arsenal missed out on top 4 in Wenger's last season and that was not 2009 and he didnt have Carzola, Rosicky

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 8:48am On Jun 26, 2019
BlueRayDick:

You don't rely on stats..... grin But u judge ozil on stats now. He had 24 appearances(bear in mind he started 20 out of the 24 matches) scoring 5 goals and 2 assists. Diego Jota had 33 appearances scoring 9 goals and 5 assists.

Personal glory stat is trash, but all great players have good stat to back up their greatness. At least Ronaldo and Messi are out there setting and breaking each other's stat records.

I'm not among those who judged him on stat,like I said I'll take iniesta ahead of ozil in their prime even though, ozil trumped him.
There are many jobs done before assist and goals come in, What happened to ozil against wolves? jota single handedly killed us by driving through Xhaka and Torreira and scored us a beauty, his energetic runs and efforts paved several ways for his teammates, imagine him in a proper team what he could do at age 21.
ozil on the hand was busy passing the ball around and doing some crosses anytime he's allowed space, and in the end you will come up with Ozil has 200 pass completion and 30 chances created.
A similar case was when fans were emotionally chanting ola Aina for his beautiful assist, as motm, but Ndidi was much recognized.

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 8:57am On Jun 26, 2019
BlueRayDick:

I don't know how u come up with all these, but Emery playing the way he is presently won't win jack shiiit. He won't even know the right set of players to use at Man city. I can bet u he will keep playing dem Adarabioyo, Foden and co instead of playing the right set of players to do the job. At least we saw it with Guendouzi and how he is faring. grin

Humour me grin. emery will win the league at Madrid ? Its just like saying Tony Pulis will win the league with Athletico.

Stiff competition kor, slack championship ni. Klopp is a good coach no doubt, but he is guilty of the same thing u want to insinuate about pep. He was an under-achiver prior to spending money. Which means u need to spend money to compete in club football nowadays. At least we know none of his to players come cheap just like Pep. so forget all those stories.

By the way, arsenal missed out on top 4 in Wenger's last season and that was not 2009 and he didnt have Carzola, Rosicky
He player far far superior football at Sevilla and PSG than Arsenal, why? different in player qualities.
Now that none of Klopp's players come cheap, he delivered the biggest atrophy.
Wenger believed the players he had are good enough and even urged the incoming coach to believe in them and now result has shown otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 9:01am On Jun 26, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Shey Arsenal that paid £56m for us that u people are still complaining he doesn't score 38 goals in 38 games, na that one we go come sign £65m player..... grin
play him in his posting (CF) and give him what will make him score 40 tap ins ( Creative players).. I mean wingers or AM who constantly run and delete players to set up his CF and not some set pieces or one who requires space and time to do his job.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:08am On Jun 26, 2019
Akinbahm:

He player far far superior football at Sevilla and PSG than Arsenal, why? different in player qualities.
Now that none of Klopp's players come cheap, he delivered the biggest atrophy.
Wenger believed the players he had are good enough and even urged the incoming coach to believe in them and now result has shown otherwise.

If Emery was as good as u claim he is, he should've done a Leceister with Sevilla in spain now. Abi dem forbid am? At least we saw what Diego simeone did with Athletico in that same spain. PSG is miles apart from the rest of the league, the same u are accusing Bayern under Pep for.

Abeg let Emery prove himself this second season jare.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:12am On Jun 26, 2019
Akinbahm:

play him in his posting (CF) and give him what will make him score 40 tap ins ( Creative players).. I mean wingers or AM who constantly run and delete players to set up his CF and not some set pieces or one who requires space and time to do his job.

It is immaterial how a player gets his chances or how easy the chances appear, once he bangs in goals and doesn't keep passing in the box like Monsieur Giroud, then I'm in full support of Such striker, even if he plays from the back, wing or middle.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:20am On Jun 26, 2019
Akinbahm:
I'm not among those who judged him on stat,like I said I'll take iniesta ahead of ozil in their prime even though, ozil trumped him.
There are many jobs done before assist and goals come in, What happened to ozil against wolves? jota single handedly killed us by driving through Xhaka and Torreira and scored us a beauty, his energetic runs and efforts paved several ways for his teammates, imagine him in a proper team what he could do at age 21.
ozil on the hand was busy passing the ball around and doing some crosses anytime he's allowed space, and in the end you will come up with Ozil has 200 pass completion and 30 chances created.
A similar case was when fans were emotionally chanting ola Aina for his beautiful assist, as motm, but Ndidi was much recognized.

Every reasonable person knows Ozil can never be compared with Iniesta.

The whole Arsenal team was shiiit last season bar the strikers who were scoring as much as the other teams that made top 4. Singling out Ozil for blame is what I disagree with. The coach has his faults too with unreasonable line up and substitutions. So u can't just badmouth Ozil.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Pep won the league in 3 different countries. He's won the UCL which Emery hasn't. When u say Klopp stood shoulder to shoulder with pep, u should define it. Is it in terms of cups won ? Or being runner up? Pep won 6 cups in a year....until Emery wins 3, he's not fit to be talked about in the same sentence with Pep.

By the way wenger was using these players and even lower quality players to make UCL qualification every year even when loserpool couldnt make it back then
Back then, there was only the big 4...

Now, there are big 6...

Stop whining like Wenger qualified for ucl all through his stay... angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
Wenger that we all wanted out was a magician. We weren’t this abysmal when we had a slow Matersacker at the back, at a point we didn’t have any household name in our midfield we weren’t losing woefully to mid table and relegation bound clubs. We once had a Giroud that you’ll have to combine his total goals in two seasons before he can be at par with Auba, yet our attack didn’t lack bite.

Can you point at one area or one player Emery has improved upon since his arrival?
Interesting...
:O
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2019
Dreamswayne:

Back then, there was only the big 4...

Now, there are big 6...

Stop whining like Wenger qualified for ucl all through his stay... angry angry

I don't give a 4ck about Wenger. But certainly bloody Emery hasn't done better than the old gaffer. He's got a more expensive squad, plays boring patternless football and concede goals like pure water.

Top 6 or top 38, Wenger was consistent with his champions league qualification. In fact make Emery qualify for champions league first before we start to dey talk anything.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2019
BlueRayDick:

I don't give a 4ck about Wenger. But certainly bloody Emery hasn't done better than the old gaffer. He's got a more expensive squad, plays boring patternless football and concede goals like pure water.

Top 6 or top 38, Wenger was consistent with his champions league qualification. In fact make Emery qualify for champions league first before we start to dey talk anything.

Exactly, judge him after next season then...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 26, 2019
BlueRayDick:

More expensive doesn't mean they are quality...

Xhaka and Mustafi both cost 70m and they are shit...

In sod09's voice, they are both wengay's buys...

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:26am On Jun 27, 2019
Dreamswayne:

More expensive doesn't mean they are quality...

Xhaka and Mustafi both cost 70m and they are shit...

In sod09's voice, they are both wengay's buys...

Wenger also bought us players that won the league and FA cup....until Emery does that too je no Sabi work
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Wenger also bought us players that won the league and FA cup....until Emery does that too je no Sabi work
these guys don’t just get it, even in Wenger’s time and I’m not talking pre 2008. Wen we lose sef you’ll see an intent in the team, we’ll slice defences with sumptuous moves.

Most of Emery’s tactics na anywhere belle face.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
these guys don’t just get it, even in Wenger’s time and I’m not talking pre 2008. Wen we lose sef you’ll see an intent in the team, we’ll slice defences with sumptuous moves.

Unai didn't and have never played anywhere Belle face football in any team he has ever managed...

Check his Valencia and Sevilla teams... Psg nko?

Here, he is playing according to his team's strength...

Wingers... Zero
Centre midfielders that can dribble and escape pressure... Zero

Our only strength in this team is the strikers, and you don't expect them to play sexy football when their job is to bang in goals...

Keep calm until next season ends, if he fvcks up again...

He gets fvcked out!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2019
A midfield three of Torreira at the base with Aouar and a big tough guy like Partey is perfect...

A forward three of Auba flanked by Zaha and Nelson will hurt any defence...

I am all for selling Lacazette to buy Pacy dribbling wingers...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2019
And yeah, the number 10 position in modern football is dead...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2019
One thing about this current arsenal team is if we are not scoring or dominating, we are basically toothless...

There is arguably no fear factor in the team...

That's why anytime Iwobi comes in around that 70minutes mark with the match in a tie...

All those his dribbling and running at defenders is enough to keep them back...

Fkhalifa and Me will keep shouting here...

WE NEED WINGERS!!!, 40% of the team's problems is solved...

Add a younger monreal that can actually defend with a decent centre back...

Change the formation to Unai's favoured 4-3-3...

We won't win the title I know, but we would be up there somewhere...

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:41am On Jun 28, 2019
So mustafi is still in arsenal, others are buying we are foolishly waiting for July 1 to launch a useless jersey people are tired of seeing.
Nawa
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:11am On Jun 28, 2019
Dreamswayne:
One thing about this current arsenal team is if we are not scoring or dominating, we are basically toothless...

There is arguably no fear factor in the team...

That's why anytime Iwobi comes in around that 70minutes mark with the match in a tie...

All those his dribbling and running at defenders is enough to keep them back...

Fkhalifa and Me will keep shouting here...

WE NEED WINGERS!!!, 40% of the team's problems is solved...

Add a younger monreal that can actually defend with a decent centre back...

Change the formation to Unai's favoured 4-3-3...

We won't win the title I know, but we would be up there somewhere...
Nice one bro!
I knew we would struggle after the city and Chelsea game last season, Sterling and Mendy were doubling up on bellerin for the whole game, same with Hazard and Alonso, And Bellerin runs upanda to create chances for us, tell me how he won't get tired and be exploited..

We had ozil and mhicky who were supposed to do a Sterling on them to ease pressure on our defense, rather they caress the ball,slow it down and start recycling the ball again till our opposition regain shape again.

Same will happen if we fail to get quality wingers, enough of relying on full backs to create..
Ozil and mhicky can't cause opposition problems either with energy, pace or take ons...

Pass me I pass you walking the ball in the net won't get us anywhere...

We need fearless, risk takers who can drive the ball up,shoot and constantly put pressure on oppositions.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:27am On Jun 28, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

You are not being truthful, Emery played fantastic football at Sevilla and PSG and his preferred formation is 433.

Wenger's pattern after Sanchez ox and carzola's injury was the usual boring pass me I pass you football.

Emery realized he has no winger or a functioning AM who can give the team shape.
He resorted to using Kola and Niles as fullbacks to create chances for Auba and laca which seems to work the most considering what he had.

Until he's allowed to bring his own players, only then will I judge him.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:31am On Jun 28, 2019
Fkhalifa:

You are not being truthful, Emery played fantastic football at Sevilla and PSG and his preferred formation is 433.

Wenger's pattern after Sanchez ox and carzola's injury was the usual boring pass me I pass you football.

Emery realized he has no winger or a functioning AM who can give the team shape.
He resorted to using Kola and Niles as fullbacks to create chances for Auba and laca which seems to work the most considering what he had.

But emery had a chance of bringing winger when he came now, but bought Guendouzi.
Anyways Shebi We are in transfer window already na, make Emery buy the much desired wingers and let's see how we fare now.

At least nobody has stopped him from pointing at his preferred choice for now.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 28, 2019
Fkhalifa:

he had 2 transfer windows he didn’t buy a single winger. But by some divination y’all know he wasn’t allowed to bring in his own players, which includes not allowed to get a winger. Issokay
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 28, 2019
BlueRayDick:

But emery had a chance of bringing winger when he came now, but bought Guendouzi.
Anyways Shebi We are in transfer window already na, make Emery buy the much desired wingers and let's see how we fare now.

To think he said I’m not being truthful. This winger deficiencies we keep hearing. Is it from Emery or from fans’ imagination? These guys need to tell us cos he had two TWs and didn’t sign even an amateur winger.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:31am On Jun 28, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

To think he said I’m not being truthful. This winger deficiencies we keep hearing. Is it from Emery or from fans’ imagination? These guys need to tell us cos he had two TWs and didn’t sign even an amateur winger.

If u tell them thy are being overtly emotional, they will say no and take it as an insult.

A coach that likes to play 443 with pacy wingers gets to a club that has enough midfielders in Ramsey, Xhaka, elnenny,ozil,iwobi, etc so he needs wingers to fine tune the team to his taste....Now what does he do? He okays the signing of Guendouzi and Torrera which happen to be yet more midfielders. grin

Think about it (*in Josh2funny voice*)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 28, 2019
BlueRayDick:

If u tell them thy are being overtly emotional, they will say no and take it as an insult.

A coach that likes to play 443 with pacy wingers gets to a club that has enough midfielders in Ramsey, Xhaka, elnenny,ozil,iwobi, etc so he needs wingers to fine tune the team to his taste....Now what does he do? He okays the signing of Guendouzi and Torrera which happen to be yet more midfielders. grin

Think about it (*in Josh2funny voice*)
Enough midfielders that are very limited?

Enough midfielders that can't press bar Ramsey?

Come on man!!

Unai plays 3 hardworking midfielders

A dmf and two cmf's...

Tell me a better defensive midfielder in arsenal better than Torreira!!

Tell me any of how sexy boys midfielders that can play the role Banega plays in Sevilla...

Iwobi, an Amf

Ozil.. AMF

Mhicky.. AMF

Ramsey.. AMF but can play deep..

Xhaka... Too slow for any position there in epl, he could shine in serie a though...

Elneny... Is that thing a footballer?

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 28, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
he had 2 transfer windows he didn’t buy a single winger. But by some divination y’all know he wasn’t allowed to bring in his own players, which includes not allowed to get a winger. Issokay
Unai publicly cried for a winger in January..

What did the board tell him??

Loan with option to buy...

We could have snapped perisic or carrasco but their clubs wanted to cash in on them ...

We ended up with Denis Suarez

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 28, 2019
BlueRayDick:

You aren't a fan of The gaffer, we understand...

Name a better option available currently...

Rafa??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2019
Dreamswayne:

Unai publicly cried for a winger in January..

What did the board tell him??

Loan with option to buy...

We could have snapped perisic or carrasco but their clubs wanted to cash in on them ...

We ended up with Denis Suarez
can u share link of Emery crying for a winger. A video with his tears flowing like river Nile will be preferable.
According to you he couldn’t get a winger so he bought Denis Suarez who happens to be a CM not even an AM. Really dude this is ur defence?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1479) (1480) (1481) (1482) (1483) (1484) (1485) ... (3470) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Chasicolis(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.