Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2288184 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1480) (1481) (1482) (1483) (1484) (1485) (1486) ... (3461) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
can u share link of Emery crying for a winger. A video with his tears flowing like river Nile will be preferable.
According to you he couldn’t get a winger so he bought Denis Suarez who happens to be a CM not even an AM. Really dude this is ur defence?
Lol,

He didn't cry but at least he requested for a winger...

Denis Suarez played on the wings at Sevilla

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:12pm On Jun 28, 2019
Dreamswayne:

Enough midfielders that are very limited?

Enough midfielders that can't press bar Ramsey?

Come on man!!

Unai plays 3 hardworking midfielders

A dmf and two cmf's...

Tell me a better defensive midfielder in arsenal better than Torreira!!

Tell me any of how sexy boys midfielders that can play the role Banega plays in Sevilla...

Iwobi, an Amf

Ozil.. AMF

Mhicky.. AMF

Ramsey.. AMF but can play deep..

Xhaka... Too slow for any position there in epl, he could shine in serie a though...

Elneny... Is that thing a footballer?

U are just not getting it.

We just put Ur theory of he wanting a winger to rest. He wants a winger but bought a midfielder at the first instance. That's d point of my post u quoted. Nobody is deliberating about the quality of our midfield here. One would think the way u people paint it he won't even agree to train the team except a winger is bought by the board
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:16pm On Jun 28, 2019
BlueRayDick:

But emery had a chance of bringing winger when he came now, but bought Guendouzi.
Anyways Shebi We are in transfer window already na, make Emery buy the much desired wingers and let's see how we fare now.

At least nobody has stopped him from pointing at his preferred choice for now.
With which funds?
Emery realistically knew the squad needs massive clear out, but with the situation on ground he had to do the little he can..
Aside the CF position, every other areas need surgeries to compete at the high stage...

He had to address Goalkeeper,defence,DM and the recuits did okay for a first timer with a hope/room for improvement.

In January, he clamoured for a winger and the board afforded him a £2 loan deal of an injured non natural winger in Suarez.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:19pm On Jun 28, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
he had 2 transfer windows he didn’t buy a single winger. But by some divination y’all know he wasn’t allowed to bring in his own players, which includes not allowed to get a winger. Issokay
2 transfers with what budget? We are talking of a proper winger which won't cost less than £35...
BTW, Ozil mhicky's wage is also an issue he inherited,and they serve as hindrance to any potential quality buy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:33pm On Jun 28, 2019
"I am with the players and those who have arrived this week, I am very happy with and I said at the last press conference that if there is an opportunity to try to sign one player, then we are looking.”

Emery said the above in his first summer...

"The club is working with the possibility with different players. I do not know the players, I cannot say exactly the players but they are players with the possibility to help us, who can play as winger, right or left."

He said the above in January....

It is clear this man needs players, he isn't pleased with the trash he inherited..

And yet, some are saying he had opportunities, even Everton, Leicester and westham can boast of better Windows.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2019
IN: Lucas Torreira (Sampdoria, £27m), Bernd Leno (Bayer Leverkusen, £22.5m), Sokratis (Borussia Dortmund, £14.4m), Matteo Guendouzi (FC Lorient, £7.2m), Stephan Lichsteiner ( Juventus , free), Denis Suarez (loan fee £2.25m)

OUT: Lucas Perez ( West Ham , £3.96m), Chuba Akpom (PAOK, £900k), Jack Wilshere (West Ham, free), Takuma Asano (Hannover, loan fee £900k), Santi Cazorla (Villarreal, free), Emiliano Martinez (Reading, loan), Emile Smith-Rowe (RB Leipzig, loan)

NET SPEND: £67.59m

So Emery spent £ 67m over 2 summers, money not even up to the 2 city goal keppers and the Liverpool goalkeeper.
From fans vote, over 70% want Leno,guen,sokratis and Torreira here next year, of course they did okay and will even be better next season. This shows he can be trusted with funds like klopp.
So until he gets his team before I decide if he's good or not..
At least we see what the Wenger boys give us week in week out error upon Errors, laziness, immobility, and little abilities..

Pa Wenger on the other hand splashed
xhaka....£35
Mustafi..£35
Perez. ..£17
=£87million cheesy also placed some on unworthy contracts...
Now we can't spend nor pay wages because of pa Wenger, yet they want Emery to perform magic and miracle..
I give up.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2019
Fkhalifa:

2 transfers with what budget? We are talking of a proper winger which won't cost less than £35...
BTW, Ozil mhicky's wage is also an issue he inherited,and they serve as hindrance to any potential quality buy.
and you know this, how?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 28, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
and you know this, how?
Our wage bill is bloated.. if we don't shift those high earners, we can't buy...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2019
So in one word arsenal should sign the pacy and hardworking Zaha valued at £80m and our problem on the wings will be settled bá?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 28, 2019
For 80million, we can do better...

I like Zaha but we can do better for 80million...

If it was maybe 45 thereabouts, then it's perfect...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:20pm On Jun 28, 2019
Dreamswayne:
For 80million, we can do better...

I like Zaha but we can do better for 80million...

If it was maybe 45 thereabouts, then it's perfect...
grin
Manure utd gats collect 25% of the raba
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 28, 2019
BlueRayDick:

grin
Manure utd gats collect 25% of the raba
Such irony angry angry

We should steer clear biko
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:48am On Jun 29, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mJgkEf3ELk

I can't deny it, the new kit promo ad is really good, if anything, someone positive to think of.

#COYG
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:26am On Jun 29, 2019
Roland17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mJgkEf3ELk

I can't deny it, the new kit promo ad is really good, if anything, someone positive to think of.

#COYG
so why are they still waiting for July 1, after the whole world already know everything about the kits.
No new players to model it angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:30am On Jun 29, 2019
If there's any ex footballer that is super proud of arsenal and hate the spud is Ian,the last scene made me remember when he was fine for insulting spurs fans grin.
So Elba is a Conner too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:51am On Jun 29, 2019
iamoyindamola:
If there's any ex footballer that is super proud of arsenal and hate the spud is Ian,the last scene made me remember when he was fine for insulting spurs fans grin.
So Elba is a Conner too

The way Ian Wright has passion for arsenal and England national team, any Nigerian leader get that kind passion Naija for Don better now
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:54am On Jun 29, 2019
BlueRayDick:

The way Ian Wright has passion for arsenal and England national team, any Nigerian leader get that kind passion Naija for Don better now
yes oo that man was made for arsenal,wengay reduced his chances of getting a job at arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:56am On Jun 29, 2019
80m is way too much for zaha even if we sell one of auba or Laca, carrasco and Frazer won't cost more than 50m combine.
We need defenders too good thing everyone now see us as a small team so we have nothing to lose if we bring in low profile players instead of breaking our transfer record
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 10:07am On Jun 29, 2019
iamoyindamola:
so why are they still waiting for July 1, after the whole world already know everything about the kits.
No new players to model it angry

Their contact with puma has not expired yet, hence they can't 'officially' reveal the kit until then. Unless they want to spend their £40m on legal issues grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 10:10am On Jun 29, 2019
To be honest, I don't care whether we sign players this window. The club is already a joke, so it doesn't matter. However, I'll support the club nonetheless. I know that one day, the club will be okay again. By God's grace, we'll be alive to see that day.

On a side note, United has already spent more than our reported transfer budget, and on just one player cheesy grin. Common West Ham has spent more than half of our budget on just one player, too.

Next season will be wonderful cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:15am On Jun 29, 2019
MrDojo:

Their contact with puma has not expired yet, hence they can't 'officially' reveal the kit until then. Unless they want to spend their £40m on legal issues grin
40m that can buy a player in ligue 2 grin
Double wahala for dead arsenal

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:44am On Jun 29, 2019
MrDojo:
To be honest, I don't care whether we sign players this window. The club is already a joke, so it doesn't matter. However, I'll support the club nonetheless. I know that one day, the club will be okay again. By God's grace, we'll be alive to see that day.

On a side note, United has already spent more than our reported transfer budget, and on just one player cheesy grin. Common West Ham has spent more than half of our budget on just one player, too.

Next season will be wonderful cheesy
And you want fans like me to be optimistic abi..
First game at Newcastle is draw or lose or a hypertensive victory...

Well fans will be happy about the new kit, like we are competiting for most fashionable fc.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:53am On Jun 29, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Well fans will be happy about the new kit, like we are competiting for most fashionable fc.
once I remember ozil,xhaka and mustafi will rock this jersey the whole hype disappear
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 11:54am On Jun 29, 2019
Fkhalifa:

As fine as that kit is, I won't buy it. I can't contribute to Stan's pocket, lailai. If they like, they can lose the opening game of the season, it's their business. But one thing I know is that we can't make top 4 this season, especially if our rivals strengthen.

The only miracle that can happen is our youth players do a Mpabbe or Sancho. Coupled with us buying rare gems with our 40m (lol). The odds of that happening is very slim though.

Sidon look mode activated ooo... I cannot come and kill myself.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 11:55am On Jun 29, 2019
iamoyindamola:
once I remember ozil,xhaka and mustafi will rock this jersey the whole hype disappear

cheesy grin cheesy

These three in one team . Omo... We get team Sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2019
Abeg make me understand something here.

I was about buying the jersey on Wednesday from one of the retailers on IG but I started seeing people commenting about the jersey not being launched so it's not possible for it to be on sale before launch. They guy actually said it's available but u know how Nigerians are, they end up taunting him and it wore off my interest cos.

Now I understand the jersey hasn't been launch cos our puma deal is not expired m my question is this; is it actually possible for the kits to be already on sale before the official launch which is obviously just a ceremony/ formality?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2019
BlueRayDick:
Abeg make me understand something here.

I was about buying the jersey on Wednesday from one of the retailers on IG but I started seeing people commenting about the jersey not being launched so it's not possible for it to be on sale before launch. They guy actually said it's available but u know how Nigerians are, they end up taunting him and it wore off my interest cos.

Now I understand the jersey hasn't been launch cos our puma deal is not expired m my question is this; is it actually possible for the kits to be already on sale before the official launch which is obviously just a ceremony/ formality?
the original was leaked and cloned just the way naija jersey was sold out before they released it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 1:02pm On Jun 29, 2019
iamoyindamola:
Ozil will assist 3 goals in his first 5 games and fans will feel excited
Xhaka will score long range shots and fans will feel he's improved and ready..
Mustafi will score a header and all his forgiven and forgotten. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 29, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Ozil will assist 3 goals in his first 5 games and fans will feel excited
Xhaka will score long range shots and fans will feel he's improved and ready..
Mustafi will score a header and all his forgiven and forgotten. cheesy
Guendouzi will complete 5 side ways passes and we’ll change his name to Viera.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:47pm On Jun 29, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

grin grin
U guys are petty aswear. I used to think I'm petty walahi
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2019
BlueRayDick:

grin grin
U guys are petty aswear. I used to think I'm petty walahi
grin sheybi we all want to be mad.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:16pm On Jun 29, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

And the credit will go to the senior men who tutored him in ozil,xhaka et al for a well done job.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1480) (1481) (1482) (1483) (1484) (1485) (1486) ... (3461) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Spy360(m), Roland17(m), mostob(m), TemporaryHansel and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.